rcp over https on existing front end server?

Hi,

I have a simple frontend/backend exchange 2003 topology. Domain is Windows
2003 mixed mode (2000+2003 DC's). The front end server currently serves OWA
and Activesync clients (https only). I also want to use the RPC over https
component of Windows 2003 to enable Outlook 2003 clients to synchronize
their mail this way.
Are there any problems with me enabling this on the front end server?

Thanks,

James

0
lynxo78 (10)

No problem at all.
Just make sure you have Exchange 2003 SP1, and enable RPC over HTTP(s) by
using Exchange System Manager (ESM): go to Properties of the back-end
server, there's a tab called RPC over HTTP, and enable it. Then do the same
for the front-end (allways do back-end first).
You should read the complete procedures from: "Exchange Server 2003 RPC over
HTTP Deployment Scenarios",
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ex2k3rpc.mspx

--
Blog "subject: exchange"
http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo/

"James" <lynxo78@nospamherexxx.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a simple frontend/backend exchange 2003 topology. Domain is Windows
> 2003 mixed mode (2000+2003 DC's). The front end server currently serves
> OWA
> and Activesync clients (https only). I also want to use the RPC over https
> component of Windows 2003 to enable Outlook 2003 clients to synchronize
> their mail this way.
> Are there any problems with me enabling this on the front end server?
>
> Thanks,
>

> James

0
Rui

Two databases on one server CRM ?
Hi, I have decide to try to install two database on one server CRM. I mean "MSDN Subscriber" and "Adventure Works Cycle". Is that possible ? Anybody has tried that ? Mariusz ...

RPC over HTTPS Profile
Hi to all. I read some documents regarding how to configure RPC over Secure HTTP in a Front-end - Backend environment and actually I've a question. It is necessary to configure Outlook profile with the PC client connected to the LAN for the first time?. Another question is, I've Front-end - Backend serves behind a ISA server cluster, where I've to configure the RPC Proxy, on the ISAs or on the OWA server... Thanks for your time. Regards. Cristian I configured my home PC for RPC/HTTPs with a brand new profile that had never had LAN connectivity back to the office. Our front...

Fax Line utilization with Start and END time data
I have large list from our fax servers that produces a lof with : Start of FAX Connect date/time, End of Fax Connect date/time I know I have 24 lines but need to find how many lines have I bee using historicaly to do capacity planning. Any suggestions? M -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Adding default value to pre-existing table
I am working within a database that I created using a downloaded text file. I have to add a column to the table that will contain the same value in each field. Is there a way to add this default value to the preexisting table without keyboarding it in? Thanks in advance for any help. Create a select query on that table and field. Run it and see what it return. Next change this query into an Update query. Put in the value that you want into Update To. If you don't want to overwrite any existing data, just update empty records, put Is Null in the criteria. -- Jerry Whit...

Restore exchange server 2000 to a disaster recovery machine
Hi all I can't quite get my head around this. I want to be able to restore my exchange server onto another machine for disaster recovery purposes. Every day i want to be able to take a tape thats a backup from the live server to the offsite disaster recovery server (drs) I have set up the DRS to have the same domain name etc and user names. What do I need to do now. I cannot mount the stores due to all sorts of error messages.I have looked at Q297289 but thats a scenario when you wish not to use the live server anymore Regards Craig Domain name does not need to be the same. Setup a n...

Feasibility of using sql server express
Hi Is sql server express ok for a 20 user contacts database which is used mostly for queries and rarely has updates or inserts? Many Thanks Regards > Is sql server express ok for a 20 user contacts database which is used > mostly for queries and rarely has updates or inserts? Without knowing anything else about the application and assuming that the queries are not intensive, my guess is that the Express edition is adequate as long as you can operate within the space limitation and have adequate hardware for the workload. I think this would be easy to test. ...

Front end back end sp question
Hello all I'm about to isntall sp2 for exchange on my servers. Whats the order for SP install, is it front end first then the backends? Also second question. I ahve around 15,000 items in a puiblic folder (NDR messages) Is there a way to delete all this items at once without using Outlook? My Outlook chokes when i try and delete them. Thanks 1. Update the Front End servers first. 2. Use the Recipient Policies to manager mailbox settings: 319188 How to use recipient policies to control mailboxes in Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

Does SuspendTimer exists?
Hello NG, in my programme I use some timers. SetTimer(TIMER1, 60000, NULL); SetTimer(TIMER2, 60000, NULL); In OnTimer I catch the timers. if (nIDEvent == TIMER1) { KillTimer(TIMER1); do1(); SetTimer(TIMER1, 60000, NULL); } else if (nIDEvent == TIMER2) { KillTimer(TIMER2); do2(); SetTimer(TIMER1, 60000, NULL); } In the beginning, the timers run parallel. Some time later there is a time gap because of the function calls. Now I want to suspend TIMER1 in my TIMER2-block. The things in do2() depend on results from do1(). I don't want the results overwritten. I only s...

Problem opening files from server
When attempting to open a file from the server by clicking the short cut to the folder on the server, then the file I get the following message: Windows cannot find 'L:\name_of-file.xls'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. If I bring up excel 2007, then click the "folder" to the right of the 'Office Button' (upper left hand corner), it brings up a listing of the network drives and the files under them. I can click on the *.xls that I desire to open and it opens it without a problem. Also, I can click the 'Office Button' and th...

Ending Balance Problems
I've been having serious problems trying to have my account information show correctly in MS Money 2006. I'm doing a fresh install and create a new setup. I log onto my Bank's websites and download a history of transactions in MS Money format. After following prompts, the accounts are created and transactions imported. I cannot for the life of me get the ending balance to show correctly. In microsoft.public.money, Brian wrote: >I've been having serious problems trying to have my account information show >correctly in MS Money 2006. > >I'm doing a fresh...

files ending in .pub
I have Office 2000 Professional edition. I was sent a file with the ending ..pub. How do I open this file? There are several suggestions offered such as word, word pad and none work. Suggestions You need Publisher. No viewers, just Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "jimcarlab@hotmail.com" <jimcarlab@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D3D9976-292A-4CF3-97C4-BF57C233B6CB@microsoft.com... > I have Office 2000 Professional edition. I was sent a file with the > ending > .pub. > How do I open this file? There...

restore archived to server
This question stems from answers I have received to previous questions. Is there any way for messages which have been archived to be restored to the microsoft exchange server? Thanks for any help. Jim Open the archive in outlook, drag them from the archive to the mailbox. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SU...

My SMTP virtual server sometimes mistakes MX and A-records on remote domains
Hi Group here is a strange one, I have an Exchange server 2003 SP2, fully patched sometimes when a outbound mail passes through the SMTP virtual server (no Smarthost configured) it try to send to the DNS A-record instead of the MX-record f. ex. www and it fails because it's a webserver it happens on different domains. Is there anyone who had seen this before, and know a solution B. Hansen, Denmark MCP "Bjarne Hansen" <bhansen1@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi Group >here is a strange one, >I have an Exchange server 2003 SP2, fully patched >sometimes when a outbo...

Exchange cluster back-end storage limits?
Hi, I have 2 node A/P cluster on Exchange 2003 SP2 running on Windows 2003 R2 SP1. Is there any Mailstore size limitations while installing it on Exchnage cluster? I plan to have my each mailstore upto 50GB. I heard that there was some 25GB limit on Exchange 2000. Please guided. Thanks, If you are running Exchange Standard there is a hardcoded exchange database limit of 16GB. If you are using Enterprise there is no such limit so you will be able to scale to 50GB fine. You only have to consider the number of Exchange Store databases and possibly sizes when you have an Active/Active ...

Front End Services Question
I was going through one of my books and came across advise that Exchange Management, MTA Stack, and Routing Engine should be set to disabled on then front end server. I had never heard of this. Has anyone else? Fred T2 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3SecHardGuide/e466094f-c287-4498-aa2b-8845d107f8f3.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "FredT2" <Fredt2@mail.com> wrote in message news:%23OJ5hSZAGHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I was going through one of m...

Xml Node exists

How do I remove my exchange 5.5 server from my new Exhange 2003 site
I just migrated from excahange 5.5 sp4 to Exchange 2003. I have all of the mailboxes and public folders moved. I am ready to remove the old exchange box now. What do I do? Do I just turn it off and never turn it on again? Is there anything else I need to do to finish the removal? Have you followed? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/152959 On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:04:29 -0600, "troy" <troyds@deltaprocess(NoSpam).com> wrote: >I just migrated from excahange 5.5 sp4 to Exchange 2003. I have all of the >mailboxes and public folders moved. I am ready to remove the old ex...

format a cell to have a comma at the end
Hi All, How do I format a cell to have a comma at the end of each number? Thanks in advance, Van -- van ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vano's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1472 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27033 Try custom format: General"," -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "vano" <vano.1ecnw4@ex...

Creation of a New Mailbox on a existing User
Hi, I am trying to write a vbs script that will connect to an existing user account and create a mailbox on it. Currently I have to do it manually via the Exchange Tasks wizzard and Create Mailbox task. I have to do this for about 52 accounts each month as well as add in extra informantion into their accounts. The creation of the Mailbox for all the accounts takes a matter of seconds as I used to just select all the users at once and then create the mailboxes. But the extra information that I had to add to each account was what took up all the time. I have created a script that will add in ...

RCP over HTTPS
Hello, I need some help setting up rcp/https on exchange server 2003. I've followed the deployment guide from microsoft and still cannot get this working. I have setup 1 exchange server back-end and no front end server. All configurations have been double checked. When I try to connect from outlook from a local pc (meaning attached to the same network as the exchange server) to rpc/https it still is connecting over tcp/ip when I check outlooks connection status. Is there any way I can troubleshoot and ensure that https/rpc is working and it is outlook which is the problem? Regar...

Exchange server delivering to A record instead of MX record
My company has another division that frequently sends us email. They have an Exchange server (v5.0.2195.6713). For the most part, this goes well. Lately, they have problems sending to our domain. In troubleshooting this, it looks like the Exchange server is occasionally sending to the A record instead of the MX record. I'm guessing it tries to get the MX record first, times out, then tries to get the A record and is successful. The problem is the A record for my company's domain points to the webserver, which is on a completely different machine from the mail server. How can I make ...

Task start/end dates from MS project to Workspace site
We are currently running MSPS 2007 with WSS 3.0. I am trying to create a list in one of the project work spaces. I would like to auto-populate two columns in that list with the start and end date of certain tasks from the Project Plan in MS project. I am thinking we can do this by linking these columns to the the project SQL database fields. So, 1) Do I use the published SQL databse for this? 2) Which fields in the SQL database would I have to link to get the Start and End dates? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice AutoList in ASP.Net http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...

Print end times in monthly calendar
I cannot print the end times of appointments in the monthly calendar, which is something I must be able to do. Can someone help me with it? I have turned on end times, but it only shows on the monthly calendar view when one scrolls over the time. I am using Office XP which has Outlook 2002, and have updated to the very latest updates. ...

SOLUTION: RPC over HTTPS
This may not fix it for everyone, but it certainly did it for me. PROBLEM: Outlook refuses to connect to the Exchange server over HTTPS, only ever uses a TCP connection. SYSTEM CONFIG: Exchange is running on a fully patched Windows Server 2003. Exhcange is SP1. Windows XP SP2 plus latest updates. Outlook is fully patched. Running on a Dell Poweredge 2650 using Windows Server Media dated December 2003 and Exchange Media dated June 2004. Self signed certificates added to the root store of the workstation and thus fully trusted so we get no warning boxes when trying to connect to the server ...

Referring to Back End Database
Hi All, I have a split database which has the following VBA macro to compact/repair the back end database: Private Sub Form_Unload(Cancel As Integer) Dim strBackupBackend As String Dim strCurrBackend As String Dim strCurrLockFile As String strCurrBackend = "H:\Data\Doc Tracker Master 00000_be.mdb" strCurrLockFile = "H:\Data\Doc Tracker Master 00000_be.ldb" strBackupBackend = "H:\Data\Doc Tracker Master 00000_be.bak" If Len(Dir(strCurrLockFile)) > 0 Then MsgBox strCurrBackend & " is still in use. " & _ &...