Queues #6

We have an exchange server and we currently have 443 messages in the smtp
queue.  We have done force connection but coming back with the following
message.

The remote server didnt respond.

Unsure what the next step is.

We have got around this by rebooting, before but lost all emails.

Can anybody help

Thanks

0
Peter2031 (452)

Are your forwarding to a smart host?  Can you telnet to the remote server on
port 25 successfully?

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"peter" <peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have an exchange server and we currently have 443 messages in the smtp
> queue.  We have done force connection but coming back with the following
> message.
>

> The remote server didnt respond.
>
> Unsure what the next step is.
>
> We have got around this by rebooting, before but lost all emails.
>
> Can anybody help
>
> Thanks

0
neil.hobson (1158)
12/20/2004 2:36:18 PM
I have just tried telneting to our exchange server on port 25, but
unsuccessfull.
Yes smart host forwarding enabled.

Thanks

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" wrote:

> Are your forwarding to a smart host?  Can you telnet to the remote server on
> port 25 successfully?
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
>
> For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
> http://www.msexchangeblog.com
>

> "peter" <peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have an exchange server and we currently have 443 messages in the smtp
> > queue.  We have done force connection but coming back with the following
> > message.
> >

> > The remote server didnt respond.
> >
> > Unsure what the next step is.
> >
> > We have got around this by rebooting, before but lost all emails.
> >
> > Can anybody help
> >
> > Thanks

0
Peter2031 (452)
12/20/2004 2:49:03 PM
Goog morning!
I am the same problem.
Can anybody help me?
A lots of messagges stay in queue and then they don't leave.
How can we solve this problem?

"peter" wrote:

> I have just tried telneting to our exchange server on port 25, but
> unsuccessfull.
> Yes smart host forwarding enabled.
>
> Thanks
>

> "Neil Hobson [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Are your forwarding to a smart host?  Can you telnet to the remote server on
> > port 25 successfully?
> >
> > --
> > Neil Hobson
> > Exchange MVP
> >
> > For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
> > http://www.msexchangeblog.com
> >

> > "peter" <peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > We have an exchange server and we currently have 443 messages in the smtp
> > > queue.  We have done force connection but coming back with the following
> > > message.
> > >

> > > The remote server didnt respond.
> > >
> > > Unsure what the next step is.
> > >
> > > We have got around this by rebooting, before but lost all emails.
> > >
> > > Can anybody help
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
Cristian (2)

OE 6 losing blocked senders from list?
I've been noticing lately that some of the trolls I've blocked in various NG's messages are reappearing and I've found that the blocked senders list is suddenly losing details from it. Any ideas ? Has OE6 only got a limited amount of space for blocked senders? Seems to work fine apart from this. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of = them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news = groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express informatio...

Queues #6
We have an exchange server and we currently have 443 messages in the smtp queue. We have done force connection but coming back with the following message. The remote server didnt respond. Unsure what the next step is. We have got around this by rebooting, before but lost all emails. Can anybody help Thanks Are your forwarding to a smart host? Can you telnet to the remote server on port 25 successfully? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "peter" <peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

View to show Cases not assigned to Queues
I would like to create a View under the Case module to show which Cases are not Assigned to any Queue. Is there a way I can accomplish that ? There does not seem to be something in the Case record to identify if it is linked to a Queue or not. Suggestions are welcome Regards Nicos Papaioannou yeah i need this also. Just posting so if someone helps i'll be notified. "papaioannoun@dotcy.com.cy" wrote: > I would like to create a View under the Case module to show which Cases > are not Assigned to any Queue. Is there a way I can accomplish that ? > There does not seem...

ADC #6
I have done an in place upgrade from nt4 to w2k3 in AD. I am know installing ADC and get warning message "The Staging Area Doamin is not in native mode" I do not see how or where I can get this staging area in native mode in that the inplace upgrade dicatates only two options to make on my upgraded PDC 1) Windows 2003 interim. For forest that will never have Windows 2000 Domain Controllers (this change cannot be reversed.) 2) Windows 2000. For forest that may have Windows 200 Domain controller Note Both options allow the forest to have Wondows NT4.0 domain controllers. I do not pla...

Can VC 6.0 build 64-bit apps?
Hi: Any one knows if the Visual C++ 6.0 can be used to build 64-bit applications on a 64-bit platform (Windows Server 2003) ? Thanks Hi! No. Visual C++ 6.0 is a 32-bit compiler. -- WBR, Vitaly Brusentsev, AWinstall development team. http://www.awinstall.com mailto:vb@awinstall.com "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u7FxaODjDHA.888@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > Any one knows if the Visual C++ 6.0 can be used to build 64-bit applications > on a 64-bit platform (Windows Server 2003) ? > > Thanks > > ...

Ability to create sub-queues
The ability to be able to create a queue within a queue would be really helpful for organising different areas. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9f2ab95f-cc5...

Outbound Queues
Why are my outbound queues filling up and they have no originator address. We are not open relay. This is an Echange 5.5 on nT4 Thanks, Dan Have you checked for Viruses in your network? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a90301c41e54$379a4600$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Why are my outbound queues filling up and they have no > originator address. We are not open relay. > > This is an Echange 5.5 on nT4 > > Thanks, Dan Empty originator address means ...

How to recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook Express 6.0
In OE6.0 I have my settings so that on exiting the application all items in the Deleted Folder are permanently removed. I occasionally run "Compact all Folders". Sometimes I would like to recover emails deleted since my last compaction and today see that my "Deleted.DBX" file is large. I presume the emails are still present there but marked "not for display". Is there a nil cost way of restoring the deleted emails? I have tried an importing approach with no success. Thanks in advance for helpful comments. -- Geoff Not an Office issue. Outloo...

queue
I have this problem I have to fix local delivery queue at exc2000 Situation Branch of the company needs to use different (sub)domain than headoffice. For example: headoffice is @microsoft.com and branch is @branch.microsoft.com. Both are usin' exc2000 within one domain. ISP holds all related records for domains(MX,etc.) All mailservers needs to send all mails over ISP SMTP relay,(every exc2000 user different ISP) but public folders needs to be replicated.When I tried to send mail from HQ to @branch.microsoft.com,all mails will stay in SMTP queue "unreachable destination", the sam...

Memory limits to MS VC++ 6.0
Is there any limit (besides the 4GB limit) to the amount of memory that can be stored in a std::vector under MS Windows XP Pro, and MS VC++ 6.0 ??? Peter Olcott wrote: > Is there any limit (besides the 4GB limit) to the amount of memory that can be > stored in a std::vector under MS Windows XP Pro, and MS VC++ 6.0 ??? The total memory available to any one program is limited to 2 GB. This is a Windows limit - the compiler is irrelevant. Of course, you can't get all 2 GB in a std::vector because you need space for code, stack, other variables, and some loss due to memory a...

Outlook Mail #6
Using outlook to download email from Comcast. Have XP and using Norton for virsus and firewall. Downloading of message is rejected and received this error message 1x800ccc13 sometimes messages are downloaded other times they are not - server blames Norton, Norton blames the server. Try unchecking the email virus scanning and see if it works then. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.gr...

How do you clean out the exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.bad folder
Hi I'm noticing the the queue.bad folder is growing over time. What is the best practice to delete or cleare this file. exc 5.5 Thanks you Mike It is not folder on my server, it is file. Leave it alone. Mike D wrote: > Hi > > I'm noticing the the queue.bad folder is growing over time. What is the best > practice to delete or cleare this file. > > exc 5.5 > > Thanks you > > Mike Hi Kirill, Yep it's a file, but it's grown to about 2 gig causing me to have to use another tape for backup. I'd like to get it back down to a more managable...

Junk e-mail in Exchsrvr\MTA Queues
Our Exchsrvr\in-bound & out-bound queues are loaded with junk e-mails (10K at one point). As fast as they are processed (removed) they seem to multiply. This problem just started - 11/8/03. Windows2000 Server, Exchange 5.5, Service Pack 5. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop this and/or prevent this from happening? Just to be clear, you are looking at the MTA queues? Is there an IMC on this box? How many Exchange servers? You may be getting relayed through...hard to say. Provide more info. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer...

dynamic charts #6
I've been reviewing the helpful links given in this forum for dynamic charts, and I've learned a great deal. All of the links I've reviewed focus on the ability to have the range of data points displayed for a GIVEN # of series be dynamic, but in all those cases the number of series was static. They focus on editing the SERIES formula with COUNTA and OFFSET functions, so they can move. In the problem I'm working on I need to have the actual number of series be dynamic. In my example... 0 1 2 a 5.57% 4.35% 3.66% b 5.58% 3.44% 2.05% 0 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 0 0.00% 0.00% ...

Moving Mailboxes #6
Olla All! I need to retire my Exchange 2003 Server. I have a new server installed with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. I will move the users mail-boxes in groups over the next couple of weeks. My question is, when I am done, are there any issues in the removal of the original Exchange server? I only use a singel mail server and am wondering if this acts as any kind of "root" either in AD or the Exchange enviorenment. What Kind of problems if any should I anticipate? Im not worried about addressing or DNS records....I have that covered, but any hints on how to reconfigur...

Deleting multiple queues from SMTP Queue?
How do I delete multiple queues from our SMTP Queue??? I know to go to the system Manager and in Queue select the outgoing and click find messages and in the search results field i can delete as many messages as i like with shift or ctrl clicking...but.... How can I just delete multiple queues all at once. We;re talking about alot of administration if i have to go into ALL of the Queus I have right now! (200+) Our Spam filter is currently down and this is why it is higher than usual. Any help on this one would be great? pause the smtp virtual server, go to the Queues directory, and delet...

Message build-up in queue
Using Exchange 2003 Sp2, No smarthost, No errors indicating a problem with logging enabled. Messages build up in the "Messages Pending Submission" queue. Didn't notice a problem until a few days ago and we started receiving many NDR's sent back to a bad email address at our site. Captured packets going out to see if anything inside the net was spamming and found nothing. Apparently some spammer is spamming most of Europe with our address as reply address and we get the NDR's. Made a recipient policy to stop accepting the NDR's to the bad address. That helped ...

Exchange queue #2
My Exchange Server 2003 sp2 stop responding yesterday. So after rebooting the server everything came up fine, however, I started to recieve emails form my many of my customers stating stating they are rec'ing emails from my server today for something that was sent out and dated a month ago. What could cause something like that how do you mangage it. Thanks Mike On 30 Jan 2006 10:30:49 -0800, mdm100@gmail.com wrote: >My Exchange Server 2003 sp2 stop responding yesterday. >So after rebooting the server everything came up fine, however, I >started to recieve emails >form my ...

CRM 4: Queue items dupliccated both under the queue and in progress items
Is there a way to stop queue items being duplicated in the queue and under the queue owners "in progress2 items. If it is deleted/assigned from either place it remains in the other. It seems similar to this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919419 in CRM 3. Or should the queue owner be an inactive user such as the system administrator. All help much appreciated, Marcus Robinson -- MR ICT Ltd - http://www.mrict.co.uk ...

Using TaskDialogIndirect is Causing an Access Violation in MFC #6
When trying to use TaskDialogIndirect with a callback in MFC, the application performs an access violation in wincore.cpp on line 425. This is using VisualStudio 2005 SP1 with Vista updates. ...

export messages in Outlook Express 6
I've tried to export messages from Outlook Express 6 and got an error message: MAPI error. Anyone knows how to get around this problem? I ran "fixmapi.exe" to create a new MAPI.DLL but still wouldn't work. Thanks fdp2001ca@hotmail.com "fdp" <fdp2001ca@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bd7001c479bf$ca7e0f30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I've tried to export messages from Outlook Express 6 and > got an error message: MAPI error. > Anyone knows how to get around this problem? I > ran "fixmapi.exe" to create a new MAPI.DLL but still > ...

Delete Queues
Hi Guru's I have a problem with queues with exchange 2000. The mailroot\vsi 1\queue folder is empty but in exchange system manager under Server Protocols SMTP Queues there are hundreds of queues all remote delivery. Could someone please tell me how do I get rid of these queues? Thank you in advance "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Guru's I have a problem with queues with exchange 2000. The mailroot\vsi 1\queue folder >is empty but in exchange system manager under Server Protocols SMTP Queues there are hundreds >of queues all remote de...

GP 6.0 to GP 10.0 and Advanced Financial Reports
In one of our smaller companies, we were on GP 6.0. Using Integration Manager and a fair amount of effort, I migrated the GL data to GP 10.0 (with account number changes and account combining). In GP 6.0, the user had a group of Advanced Financial Statements that she ran at month end. In GP 10.0, The reports were rebuilt (from scratch) and a similar group was created. When this group is run the GP Client freezes (i.e. all 4Gb of physical RAM gets used) and 50% of the time completely crashes. I have scoured the KB's and followed every bit of advice that I could find. I have che...

Queue Messages
Hi everyone, I have a problem that there instances I encounter a lot of queue messages on the messages waiting to be routed. I already stop and start services on microsoft exchange routing engine and SMTP. I also tried to restart the server but the queue messages still there. I also run dcdiag but no errors found. How do I resolve this? Thanks. Which queue? Have you examined the messages at all to get an idea what they might be? What you're seeing is likely not an issue, but I can't tell you that without more information. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the w...

Memory Leake with CRecordset VC++ 6.0
My programm works with Windows2000Prof without any problem. But if the programm run under Windows NT 4.0 it generates memory leakes. The database Access97 will be connected over ODBC mdac V 2.1.3711 ODBC 4.00.3711.08 It's true that this effect depends on the mdac Version? ...