Questions on data security

Hi,

if i set all MsOutlook client in my 2000 network with Exchange2003 in
"Offline use" what can be the advantages and the disadvatages ?

I say this because i think that in this mode is possible to have a double
security backup, one in each client on the network and one on the type of my
server.

Is it correct my opinion ?

What do you think ?

Thanks a lot

0
fabry (1)

The advantage would be faster local access and less stress on the server.
This is also ideal with servers located in remote offices or saturated
networks. The disadvantages is a latency in delivery (delivery notification
is not immediate) and some third party applications will not work properly
in cached mode (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=834496).

Having a second local backup copy is technically possible as the client can
access the data while not connected to the server, but the primary focus
should still be the server itself.  As soon as the client hits the wire, it
will resynch with the server and update any changes (including client side
snafu's) that have been made.  We always want the server to be
authoritative.

--
Regards,

Frank Castro

fcastro@online.microsoft.com
"Fabry" <fabry@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> if i set all MsOutlook client in my 2000 network with Exchange2003 in
> "Offline use" what can be the advantages and the disadvatages ?
>
> I say this because i think that in this mode is possible to have a double
> security backup, one in each client on the network and one on the type of
my
> server.
>
> Is it correct my opinion ?
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Thanks a lot

0
fcastro (31)

Ms CRM 30
Dear all. I need your precious help in configuring security roles. We the following organization: 2 business units, called A and B. A has 2 child business units, called A1 and A2. We would like that: - contacts under A1 or A2 must be visible (read-only) by all users under A1 or A2 but editable only by users in owner business unit (i.e. contacts in A1 are read-only for A2 and read-write for A1, contacts in A2 are read-only for A1 and read-write for A2) - but contacts in B must be visible and editable only by users in B. I tried several configurations of users and roles but I can’t find the ...

Backup question

security error?
Please help! I have Active Dir, Exchange and SQL 2000 on the same Win 2000 server machine. Installed CRM OK. Made security service dependent as outlined in deployment guide. Created an account in CRM and can browse around, but cannot save anything. The error I am getting is: Server Error in '/' Application. ----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------- A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (crmFormSubmitXml="<activity><activityt..."). Description: Request Validation has detected a potentia...

a question and a question

IF AND question

IE8 privacy question

Question about Paste Special

Money 2004: including social security income in lifetime planner
I've been using Money since 1999 and I decided that I wanted to update my lifetime planner to include some estimate of my Social Security benefits. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, it looks like there is an error in the formula for including social security benefits in the lifetime planner. For example, if I let Money estimate my benefits at, say, age 67, it'll say $24k per year, but when I go into the yearly snapshot for when I'll be 68 (just to be safe that I'm not looking at a partial year), it'll tell me my income from SS is only $12k. If I check ...

Microsoft Query question

Question

OWA Question #16

Open CSV file by double-click on explorer all data in one column
Hi, I have a Windows NT with Excel 97. I have a very simple csv file containing: 1;2;3 When I open this test.csv file from File->Open in Excel it renders the data in three different columns. If I open the file by double-clicking in explorer it launches Excel and the data if confined in the first column. It seems as if it doesn't do the same when opening in both ways. Any hint? What do you have for your windows list separator? Close excel windows start button|settings|control panel|Regional and language options Click the customize button Numbers Tab List separator Make sure it ma...

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

Text Box Question

capture numerical data
I want to capture some numerical data from the website. For example, temperature of an observatory. How can I do it using C++ or using MFC library? Thank you very much! How is the data made available? WIthout that specification, no solution can be proposed. joe On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:42:03 +0800, "Dam" <yatyat11@yahoo.com> wrote: >I want to capture some numerical data from the website. For example, >temperature of an observatory. How can I do it using C++ or using MFC >library? >Thank you very much! > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.co...

401K questions

If / Then Question

Pie chart source data
The "Source Data" menu item is greyed out for my pie chart. Is there any way to confirm the source of the data that is driving the pie chart? I would rahter not utilize a "trial-and-error" method. Thanks Select the chart and click on one of the wedges. In the formula bar (above the column labels), there is a formula which tells where the data came from. It looks like this: =SERIES(Sheet1!$B$1,Sheet1!$A$2:$A$6,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$6,1) where the four arguments refer to the series name, the X values (category labels), the Y values, and the plot order. More on the series f...

ROWCOUNT question

How do I append data in several cells in one column
How do I append data in several cells in one column? I have a situation where I have several worksheet with approximately 2000 records on each worksheet. I have to append the data in 2 of the several columns of information. I cannot permanently change the formatting of the documents. I am looking for something that can be done on a large scale with a minimum of keystrokes. I have tried concatenation, but when I delete the reference cell, the program faults out. I would appreciate any help.. Explain your appendage. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Tim" <T...

Exmerge Question #7

How do I keep excel chart "data table" formats in several workbook
I have 1 workbook with the source data that creates serveral charts. The charts have been formated to show "data tables" containing both dollars and percents. I want to take the graphs and split up to various excel workbooks. When I copy the graph tab from the source file into the new workbook, I lose the formatting on the "data tables." Is there a way to copy the graphs to new workbooks while retaining the "data table" formats? I would prefer to not have to maintain the source data within each of the workbooks. The goal is to update the source file wh...

question about "delete"
I have a pointer: MyWindowClass *p = NULL; p = new MyClass(...); .... delete p; After delete p, does p equal NULL(it is in C++ standard?)? How to decide if p has been deleted? The reason I asked this question is that in my project, there are many code/files use the pointer which I need to determine is it is deleted? Can I use: if(p != NULL) delete p; I guess somewhere p has been deleted, but p still not NULL(possible?), the above code might cause problem. Hi Kathy, I typically just set p to NULL when I delete it: delete p; p = NULL; Then you can check it in other places and ...

Macro that "shows all data " in several sheets.
Hey guys I want my macro to check some of the sheets in a workbook (e.g. l sheets with sheetname beginning with "Rev") and un-filter the ones that has set a filter (using macro-statement: ShowAllData?). My workbook occasionally expands with new "Rev"'s. The next step in my macro (and this works actually :) ) will copy every "Rev"sheet content and paste this into a "master"-sheet for further processing, but so far I just copy filtered data when filter is activated in the "Rev" and this causes me trouble. My effort to make a loop like this ...