Question on Article 822940

We have created a couple of test domains in our envoriment.  When we add
Exchange users to the test domain they appear in the Default Global Address
List.  I would like to prevent users in the "test" domain from appearing in
the default global address list.

I noticed in article 822940 it goes thru the steps of limiting access to the
default global address list.  I would like to keep this intact and make it so
the other sub domains are not listed in the default GAL.  What is the easiet
way to do this?

Thanks!
0
JonBalli (1)

Stupid question, I know
I feel like an idiot for even having to ask but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer anywhere. When building a new Exchange Server, do you need both an O/S (Windows Server 2003) and Exchange Server (Standard or Enterprise) Edition on the server or does the Exchange Server 2003 serve as the O/S? Let the comments begin.... You need Windows Server 2003 or 2000. Now if you purchase SBS 2003 then Exchange comes as part of the SBS Suite of applications but all applications must be run from the SBS Server. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified ...

Question about Microsoft Internet Control
In our VB6 application we use the Microsoft Internet control. One of the URL that we go to is a directory. This directory has files that are .jpg, .tif, pdf, etc. The browser control shows the files, but the default View is always 'Icons". If I right click and select "View" - "Thumbnails", they will be shown as the pictures instead of only the icons. Is there a way to tell the browser control to view the file as "Thumbnails" instead of "Icons" ? Thank you ...

Upgrade questions
Lets suppose I have GP 8.0 SP5 or 9.0 SP2 with some customized plugin running. If I upgrade my ERP to GP 10, then what happens to my customized plugin? Can anyone help? The best person to help you is the vendor that provided the customized plugin. They need to ensure that it is compatable with Version 10. This is a standard hazard of using "customized" software code. If the vendor is a certified ISV for Dynamics GP, they will be releasing V10 versions of their code within 90 days or so. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get o...

Loan account (home mortgate) questions
Are there any faq's specifically about dealing with loan accounts? Here are my questions: I just set up my home mortgage account. I've got about 15 payments on this loan so far. I'd like to go back and have those reflected in this new loan account. That would be a transfer right? It's payed out of my checking. How do I get this to happen? Currently when I make a loan payment from checking, it is categorized under Bills: Mortgage payment. Now that I've set up the loan account, will Money automatically put the two portions of the payment into Loan:Principal Pay...

fopen question
Hi, I am working in VS2005 Environment, while I use the following statements to open a file, it turns out an error, could anybody tell me why? CString sFileName = CString("f:\aa.dat"); fopen(sFileName,"rb"); While these two lines could execute in VS2003 Environment successfully! Thanks in ahead for any helpful ideas! -ja > I am working in VS2005 Environment, while I use the following statements > to open a file, it turns out an error, could anybody tell me why? And what is the error? -- Mihai Nita [Microsoft MVP, Windows - SDK] http://www.mi...

General Question
What a Microsoft CRM can do? Any documentation regarding that? -- TS start here for information http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/default.mspx "TS" <TS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1843B96-B665-4703-8D89-A7057E7E67D4@microsoft.com... > What a Microsoft CRM can do? Any documentation regarding that? > -- > TS See documentation and demos on http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/crm/product/microsoft_crm_product_information.mspx or read the http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com -- Microsoft CRM Expert - CRM & .Net Al...

Public Folder Database File Question
Here is an off the wall question that I am wondering if it can be done. I have a 13gb pub.edb file located on a 5.5 exchange server. Is it possible to copy that file over to a 2003 exchanger server and have the 2003 public store use that file? Just trying to save some replication time here. Thanks guys! Mike Not possible as far as I know. Replication is the way to go. Nue "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:611E3098-0346-43F4-B9E6-906039F43EE9@microsoft.com... > Here is an off the wall question that I am wondering if it can be done. I > ...

Portfolio in M05 question.
OK, I don't make a ton of money. At this point I can barely afford to contribute anything to my 401k. But I have a problem that I can't seem to figure out. I figure it is my inexperience with looking at portfolio information. When I log into the company website for my 401k it shows my account balance as total market value. Yet money shows a total market value less than my bank does. It also shows negative contributions. If you add those 2 together then you get the total balance and that matches the total market value that my bank gives me. So since in the account list money is ...

New user questions ....
I'm evaluating RMS for my small computer shop. I'm hoping you guys/girls can answer a few questions :- 1) I sell custom built computers, I would like to take a workorder for the machine build it up and turn it into an invoice. What would be the best way to do this. (I'm guessing assemblies but dont want all the line prices showing on the invoice) 2) I'm currently using sage for my financials, would it integrate better with MS Small Business Financials so that I have one common inventry, po's etc (No syncing wanted) 3) Any tips using this software in the role o...

Hey, why noone can't answer to my question regarding dowing text vertically ?!
Am I asking something that is hard? I have a real problem drawing text vertically, it looks sharp even if I use some lgQuality flags. If I draw using the same font horizontally the text looks just fine! Have I got some pitfall or I just don't know something? Please, help me to sort it out. German Koninin German Koninin wrote: > Am I asking something that is hard? I have a real problem drawing text > vertically, it looks sharp even if I use some lgQuality flags. If I > draw using the same font horizontally the text looks just fine! Have > I got some pitfall or I just don...

One More Formula Question
I need to get a specific total from the following criteria. I have data in 2 columns and need to get a total based upon specific entries in the cells in thoses columns. For example: Column A has 4 choices from a picklist. (N,P,C,R) Column B has a different set of choices. (ENG,OP,T&E,RS) What I need to do is be able to get an answer for how many N's are also ENG's Thanks -- doc ------------------------------------------------------------------------ doc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1434 View this thread: http://www.excelforu...

XSL question #2
I have an sample xml below. I want to do a distinct on the code node and the programDescription. I want the output to be like in a tree structure. So i would like to have PRG004 >Crazy Training 2> MAT01 PHS101 Any ideas it musn't be in a tree but it could be in a table structure Thanks <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="email.xsl"?> <NewDataSet> <ProgramDetail> <Code>PRG004</Code> <programDescription&g...

WARNING! Questionable newsgroup performance
This may already be a well-known, well-documented "feature" of newsgroups. If so, sorry for the duplication ... I've just learned (trial/error/re-trial/confirmation) that using a "Subject:" in a new post that is identical to another "Subject:" that's already been used results in my new post showing up "under" the other, as if it were a response. For an example, see the thread in this newsgroup entitled "Access 2007 w/VBA". Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received prod...

Array Question
What are the differences between an array created using the following method my_array = Array(100, 200, 300) and an array created as follows? my_array(0) = 100 my_array(1) = 200 my_array(2) = 300 I've noticed that the "Filter" function does not work with the array created by the last construction...TIA, Ron The first is a variable holding an array and the second is the array. "ron" <oitbso@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:de4432ad-8f01-4b80-ae28-a8ba33193257@z41g2000yqz.googlegroups.com... > What are the differences b...

Retrieving Replies From Previous Questions
Is there a way to retrieve replies from a previous question? I want to see the reply to a question I asked in January. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote: >Is there a way to retrieve replies from a previous question? I want to see >the reply to a question I asked in January. A really neat way to find prior postings in this group is to use the Google Usenet Groups archive. http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search enter words that you think would be in relevant posts into the "all of the words" box. Enter microsoft.public.money into the newsgroup box. Consi...

Noob question
I really need help wiht this problem . How do you alter a column size? I did it once where the cursor would just move it bigger or smaller. want to know how you do that. I would be very grateful for any help. Thank -- Micro_pa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Micro_pal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2694 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40163 If you want to make column A bigger, place the cursor on the line which is between column A and column B. The mouse cursor cha...

Pivot table question: How to display total and percent for data simultaneouly
I'd like to make a pivot chart that displays the same data both as a total and as a percentage at the same time: Example: Consider the following source data: Name Category Value a c1 10 a c2 20 b c1 5 b c2 30 It is easy enough to make a pivot table displaying: Sum of Value Category Name c1 c2 Grand Total a 10 20 30 b 5 30 35 Grand Total 15 50 65 It is also easy to display the percentages of the grand total for each entry. I'd like to display both simultaneously. Something like Name c...

Are Article 938810 2003 Registry restores for Outlook/Word/Excel 2
Re: Article ID: 938810 - Last Review: March 3, 2008 - Revision: 5.2 "Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3" -- This article applies to Outlook, Word, and Excel, but Outlook is the only one with a Install and Configure forum; hence I posted my question here. My Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) (W7HP64). My Product ID: 00359-OEM-8992687-00010. My Microsoft Office version: Office 2007. My Experience: I could not read WinWord legacy files (going back to v2.0c) with Word 2007, so I succes...

Money 2003 question
I have Money 2003 on my new PC. I have a PDA running Windows CE 3.0 with Pocket Money 1.0. How do I sync my PC money data to my Pocket PC ? ...

View Customization Question
My director came to me the other day and asked about customizing his view of his accounts. He had two requests. I figured out the first one, but I'm having a little trouble figuring out if he can do the second one. When he opens up a single account, instead of it opening automatically to the Information section, he would like it to automatically open to the Contacts section. Help is much appreciated! Cammie You can make a new tab pn Account form (contact view and make it the first one on account form). Now you use Iframe . you can get idea from here http://icu-mscrm.blogspot....

Question on Attachment
I want Attachment field below Subject field When i attach any file or folder the attachment should shown below subject as a seprate field like subject or Bcc Which version of OL are you using? This works in OL2000. Try changing the message format from "Rich Text" to "HTML" or "Plain text." This works for me but not every one likes receiving HTML emails. I use strictly plain text. To get at this setting go to Tools, Options then click "Mail Format" tab. >-----Original Message----- >I want Attachment field below Subject field > >When ...

A2007 combo-box question
Does combo-box with InputMask behave OK in A2007? There's a cbo-box InputMask bug in A97 and A2002. Does anyone know about it? ...

Migrating from Pub98 to Publisher 2003 question
My wife has upgraded from Publisher 98 to 2003 version. In Pub 98 she had a tool called WORD ART FRAME TOOL that she could draw a box and then change fonts, etc. So far all she has found in Publisher 2003 is the WORD ART Tool. When she clicks on this she is forced to select immediately what type of shape she wants. Is there a way to get back to the Frame tool vs the full WORD ART tool in 2003. Any help will be appreciated -- Lee A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Lee Clayton <LeeClayton@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > My wife has upgr...

Repost
Sorry for the repost but my CIO wants me to move forward on this project TODAY (Tue, May 4th). Any feedback before I make a move would be helpful. **************************** We are running (1) one Exchange 5.5 server w/sp 4 in our company and it is running on a Windows NT 4.0 server w/sp 6a. We are running (2) two Windows 2003 Servers and Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP and WINS. We would like to migrate to Exchange 2003 running on a NEW Windows 2003 Server box. Here are the steps I was thinking about doing for the migration. Can someone take a look at them and see if I am on the ri...

Question about SUMIFS(A:A,...)
I have a question about variable ranges like A:A compared to fixed ranges like A1:A18000. I asked the question in another thread. But I suspect it got lost in the "noise". I don't think my question is specific to SUMIFS. But to illustrate.... In another thread, T.Valko (Biff) wrote: > Another advantage is that SUMIFS only calculates based > on the used range. > > There is no difference in efficiency between these formulas: > =SUMIFS(E:E,A:A,"w",B:B,"x",C:C,"y",D:D,"z") > =SUMIFS(E1:E18000,A1:A18000,"w",B1:...