Question about Virtual SMTP Server Logging.

I would like to enable logging on my SMTPVS. I am wondering how long these
logs are kept and what performance issues this may cause..if any?

Thanks
Tony
MCSE
0
Tony6013 (248)

The performance issue would likely be negligible. However, the SMTP logs will
be kept indefinitely - you'll want to delete them once in a while.
-Josh

"Tony" wrote:

> I would like to enable logging on my SMTPVS. I am wondering how long these
> logs are kept and what performance issues this may cause..if any?
>
> Thanks
> Tony
> MCSE
0
JoshMuehe (33)

Backup question

how SIN, COS and TAN works on sql server
I ran this: declare @f float set @f = 30 select sin(@f) and got -0.988031624092862 What is this? "Roy Goldhammer" <royg@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eRKvnY0#KHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I ran this: > > declare @f float > > set @f = 30 > > select sin(@f) > > and got -0.988031624092862 > > What is this? > > The values for SIN, COS, and TAN are in radians, not degrees. You are seeing the value of SIN(30 radians), which is correct. -- Dan "Dan" <news@worldofspack.com...

a question and a question

IF AND question

IE8 privacy question

Question about Paste Special

Microsoft Query question

Smart host in Exchange 2003 SMTP frontend
I have one e-mail domain say test.com. The problem is that I need to forward some e-mail addresses to different domain say test1.com (I have 10 such different domains). In my DMZ I have sendmail which is responsible for routing mails to these domains, for example: user1@test.com ->user1@test1.com user2@test.com->user2@test2.com and so on. If address is not in this table it is forwarded to my Exchange infrastructure (which is responsible for test.com). I want to get rid of sendmail and do this routing stuff with exchange smtp front-end. Of course I know how to do this through Exchang...

MSExchangeAL error in event log
I continue to get the error below in event log regarding Exchange. This started when I demoted the DC to standard server which also had Exchange installed on the same machine. Message: The Win32 API call 'DsGetDCNameW' returned error code [0x54b] The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. The service could not be initialized. Make sure that the operating system was installed properly What has happed here and how do I fix it? Is there a wrong domaincontroller listet in the RUS ? "Larry Bird" wrote: > I continue to get the error bel...

Question

OWA Question #16

exchange server 2003 routing
I have three locations called A(a.t.com),B(b.t.com),C(c.t.com) and i have ex change server2003 installed on my DC and DC(T.com) is in the same subnet as domain A , A is connected to B through ISDN and to C through DialUP(demand dial). i am able to send emails from A to B and C, but A is not routing emails between C and B i.e am not able to send emails from C to B. all the connectors and de fault and no routing group is present. all configuration is default. please reply to this question.. -- map249 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http:...

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

Text Box Question

401K questions

If / Then Question

trouble connecting to server
I hope someone can help me. I use Outlook 2000 as my e-mail program. After my computer "wakes up" from standby mode, I can't send or retrieve e-mail. When I try, I get an error message that Outlook was unable to connect to the server. I don't have this problem with other programs--for example, Internet Explorer has no trouble connecting after the computer wakes up. I'm confused! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. You can e-mail me at dtg11@cableone.net. Thanks. ...

ROWCOUNT question

Exmerge Question #7

Trying to configure Xchng 2K3 to relay shared SMTP address....HELP!
All, In trying to setup up a list server (Lyris) behind our Exchange 2K3 server to share same address space (domain.com), I have configured the default recipient policy to be non-authoritative for (@domain.com) and authoritative for (@local). I then created an additional higher priority recipient policy and set (@domain.com) as primary and left (@local) as secondary. As noted in Article 321721: Because Exchange is now non-authoritative for the domain, when Exchange cannot find a matching address in AD, it tries to find an external path to that namespace, FIRST by looking for a connector, an...

question about "delete"
I have a pointer: MyWindowClass *p = NULL; p = new MyClass(...); .... delete p; After delete p, does p equal NULL(it is in C++ standard?)? How to decide if p has been deleted? The reason I asked this question is that in my project, there are many code/files use the pointer which I need to determine is it is deleted? Can I use: if(p != NULL) delete p; I guess somewhere p has been deleted, but p still not NULL(possible?), the above code might cause problem. Hi Kathy, I typically just set p to NULL when I delete it: delete p; p = NULL; Then you can check it in other places and ...

Default SMTP Virtual Server
Hello all, just wondering why the Default SMTP virtual Server now and again has a question mark next to it! all mail stops working..... and the system has to be restarted! this only happend now and agian...is there anyway to set exchange up to warn me of this problem>? Cheers What do you see in your application event logs? Andrew wrote: > Hello all, just wondering why the Default SMTP virtual Server now and > again has a question mark next to it! all mail stops working..... and > the system has to be restarted! this only happend now and agian...is > there anyway to set exc...

Web UI does not accept numbers until server reboot
Hi all, I got a pretty strange error with CRM. I have some custom fields on the contact and account form. Some of them are numbers (positive integer). Suddenly the UI did not accept any number I entered in such a field. The moment the textbox lost focus it got emptied. Same behaviour with non custom fields. My first thought was that the problem has to be on client side. So I deleted the IE cache, cookies and everything with not result. The restart of IIS on the server did not help either. I had to restart the whole server to get the UI work again. Had anyone else such a problem or ...

Server Side Rules restore
I am Running Exchange 2003 SP2. Our hardware failed and we have just gotten our server back up and running. The only thing I am unable to find are peoples server side rules. I know they are created in Outlook, but I thought they would be also on the server as well. Or will the people have to recreate them? -- Thanks, Mike On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:16:02 -0700, Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am Running Exchange 2003 SP2. Our hardware failed and we have just gotten >our server back up and running. The only thing I am unable to find are >peoples serve...