Question About PF migration

Hi All,

I want to migrate PF from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. I saw that using
the PFMIGRATE utility I can create replica on the destenation server, but I
can't define which folders I want (I can only define the number of folders)
Is there any utility / script that I can use to define list of folders?

Thanks,

Nir B

0
nir (15)

Greetings Nir

We cannt use PFmigrate to do a selective replication but what can be done is
the contect replication of selective PF using if its an intra-org pf
migration by simply useing Exchange System Manager and right-click the PF
you want to replicate and on the Replications tab, add the replicas.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Fareed Mohammed Khan
MCTPK User Group

"Nir B" <nir@icomverse.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I want to migrate PF from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. I saw that using
> the PFMIGRATE utility I can create replica on the destenation server, but
> can't define which folders I want (I can only define the number of
> folders)
> Is there any utility / script that I can use to define list of folders?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nir B

0
shemovezzz (22)
7/1/2004 9:06:28 AM
Of course that I can do it manually, but we are talking about few thousands
folders so I must find automatic way to do this.

Nir B

"Fred Ken" <shemovezzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Greetings Nir
>
> We cannt use PFmigrate to do a selective replication but what can be done
is
> the contect replication of selective PF using if its an intra-org pf
> migration by simply useing Exchange System Manager and right-click the PF
> you want to replicate and on the Replications tab, add the replicas.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Regards,
> Fareed Mohammed Khan
> MCTPK User Group
>

> "Nir B" <nir@icomverse.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I want to migrate PF from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. I saw that
using
> > the PFMIGRATE utility I can create replica on the destenation server,
but
> > can't define which folders I want (I can only define the number of
> > folders)
> > Is there any utility / script that I can use to define list of folders?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Nir B

0
nir (15)

Backup question

a question and a question

Question about Paste Special

IE8 privacy question

IF AND question

Microsoft Query question

Question

OWA Question #16

Text Box Question

401K questions

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

If / Then Question

ROWCOUNT question

Exmerge Question #7

question about "delete"
I have a pointer: MyWindowClass *p = NULL; p = new MyClass(...); .... delete p; After delete p, does p equal NULL(it is in C++ standard?)? How to decide if p has been deleted? The reason I asked this question is that in my project, there are many code/files use the pointer which I need to determine is it is deleted? Can I use: if(p != NULL) delete p; I guess somewhere p has been deleted, but p still not NULL(possible?), the above code might cause problem. Hi Kathy, I typically just set p to NULL when I delete it: delete p; p = NULL; Then you can check it in other places and ...

5.5 to 2003 migration
Reading the threads suggest to me that provided I perform a standard move mailbox from (a single) 5.5 server to (a single storage group) on a 2003 server, single-instance storage will be maintained. Have I understood this correctly? Any other factors to consider? Our SIS on 5.5 is 13:1 - I couldn't believe it! Obviously we are concerned of the potential for a very large blowout in store size. Many thanks for your assisance. -- Peter SIS will be maintained moving all the mailboxes from a single store to the same destination store using the move mailbox wizard. Note however that the ...

More combining companies questions
We too have acquired another company and need to look at all of our options concerning what to do with email. We run Exchange 2003, they run Exchange 2000. What is the best way to combine the two so we can share GAL, free-busy info, etc.? No decisions have been made as far as what we are going to do with their AD. We could of course change their MX record to point to our server, update our RUS, etc., but what if we want to keep an Exchange server at their site? What has to be done to join their server to our Exchange org? If you want sync both GAL,pls check this http://www.microso...

switchboard question 12-26-07
Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard pages on the switchboard form? If you put one name on a switchboard page (in form design view), the same name appears on all the switchboard pages. I understand why this happens, but what if I want the user to be able to know which switchboard s/he is on? Thanks. PS the same thing happens if I go into form design view and put in control tip text. It puts the same text for the same-numbered menu item on two different switchboard pages. "Debbie S." wrote: > Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard ...

Some Questions about Outlook
1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? 2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the tary be changed to other until i check the mail? can it work with hotmail? 3. is there any function likes "To Do List"; calendar require time setting? 4. configure file backup; can i back up all of my setting? -- Me, Who I am On Sun, 7 May 2006 22:17:01 -0700, Dotku <lwjct@hotmail.com> wrote: >1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? That would depend on your mail server/ISP. >2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the ...

Losing Mailbox Folder Permissions during migration
Hello. We are in the process of migrating users from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 and we are seeing a problem with permissions on individual folders getting migrated properly. The problem is as follows. After a mailbox has been moved to E2K3 (using Move Mailbox Wizard) anyone that use to be able to view one or more folders in that mailbox is no longer able to. This applies to both users still hosted on the old Exch 5.5 boxes as well as the users now hosted on Exch 2003 boxes. The error that the users are getting when they try to view a shared folder in a mailbox that has been mig...

Simple CRM 3.0 Questions
- If an account is no longer active, what's the process to make it inactive? - Can a lead have multiple contacts, with one acting as the primary contact? - When I create a new lead, what the 'Topic' field usually used for? - When creating a lead, on the Details Page, how can I add entries into the 'Industry' and 'Lead Source' drop down lists? - Will CRM track all e-mails associated with a lead? How do I ensure this? - How do I promote a Lead to an Opportunity to an Account? - What's the real definition of an Opportunity? It seems so grey compared to...

Toolbar question
I have created a combo box on my toolbar. I am using 32 x 32 buttons, so my combo box is sitting high up. I would like to move it down to the center of the toolbar. To create it I used the following code, CRect rect; SetButtonInfo(14, IDC_FILTERNAMECB, TBBS_SEPARATOR, 200); GetItemRect(14, &rect); rect.bottom = rect.top + 200; m_cbFilterNames.Create(WS_TABSTOP | WS_VISIBLE | WS_VSCROLL | CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | CBS_HASSTRINGS | CBS_SORT, rect, this, IDC_FILTERNAMECB); How do I tell it to place itself in the center of the toolbar? Here is my code: code is from inherited CToolba...

number format question
I need excel to format a list of ip addresses. The problem I am having is that I cannot figure out how to get the columns formatted so any number I put in will be three digits. So a two digit number such as "24" needs to become a three digit number (024 in this example). Here is a real example, if I enter: 158.2.151.13 Excel needs to make it: 158.002.151.013 Can this be done? Thanks all! ...

Question to Microsoft
Hi, I am really fedup with this news group if no one reply what is the use of this site. I have a suggestion why dont you show reply send with the question. Thanks ...