question about moving mailboxes from 2000 exch to 2003 exchange and mail store size

we are finishing up moving all of our mailboxes from our old exchange 2000
server to our new exchange 2003 server.

I was researching the registry change you have to make to enable up to a 75
gig mail store with exchange 2003 sp2.

When I look at the registry for our exchange 2003 server I only see the key
for the PUBLIC store.  The PRIVATE does not appear.

is this because we have not moved all of our mailboxes and so have not
removed the exchange 2000 server yet?

I wasnt going to make the registry change yet, just researching so I can do
this when we finished moving the rest of the mailboxes, and I saw this and
was curious.

I looked at the registry on the 2000 exchange server, and both appear there.

0
Gary

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:57:20 -0500, "Gary M"
<garym_jacksonfurniture(removespam)@hotmail.com> wrote:

>we are finishing up moving all of our mailboxes from our old exchange 2000
>server to our new exchange 2003 server.
>
>I was researching the registry change you have to make to enable up to a 75
>gig mail store with exchange 2003 sp2.
>
>When I look at the registry for our exchange 2003 server I only see the key
>for the PUBLIC store.  The PRIVATE does not appear.
>
>is this because we have not moved all of our mailboxes and so have not
>removed the exchange 2000 server yet?
>
>I wasnt going to make the registry change yet, just researching so I can do
>this when we finished moving the rest of the mailboxes, and I saw this and
>was curious.
>
>I looked at the registry on the 2000 exchange server, and both appear there.

It isn't because you're in a mailbox move process. Enter the key
yourself and restart the store at your leisure sometime.
0
mark7219 (5667)
2/27/2007 4:41:07 PM
Gary M wrote:
> we are finishing up moving all of our mailboxes from our old exchange 2000
> server to our new exchange 2003 server.
>
> I was researching the registry change you have to make to enable up to a 75
> gig mail store with exchange 2003 sp2.
>
> When I look at the registry for our exchange 2003 server I only see the key
> for the PUBLIC store.  The PRIVATE does not appear.
>
> is this because we have not moved all of our mailboxes and so have not
> removed the exchange 2000 server yet?
>
> I wasnt going to make the registry change yet, just researching so I can do
> this when we finished moving the rest of the mailboxes, and I saw this and
> was curious.
>
> I looked at the registry on the 2000 exchange server, and both appear there.

If the key does not exist, all you will have to do is create the key.
Once created, you can restart exchange services, or windows for changes
to take effect.
0
losi.fan (2)

Outlook 2003 Cache Mode not working
Hello, I have a problem with one of my users using Exchange 2003 Cached mode. He can't see all the mail in his inbox, anything after last friday is not there. However if he uses OWA he can see all his email, if he uses Outlook 2003 not in cached mode he can see all his mail. I tried setting his account up on a different system and get exactly the same problem. We are running Exchange 2000 Ent. Hopefully domebody has seen thjis before and can offer a solution. Many thanks Nick In news:E62A0664-EF57-432B-9877-7E0007D8DE7B@microsoft.com, Nick Nack <NickNack@discussions.microso...

Haunted Deleted Mail
I use OL2003. When I delete mail and empty the deleted item folder I would expect the items to be gone. I close OL and next time I open OL there are the deleted items ,back in the originating folders !! Weird ! I'm beginning to think my OL is haunted. Jeff "Jeff" <jpy1@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OT0gzjz4FHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I use OL2003. > When I delete mail and empty the deleted item folder I would expect the > items to be gone. I close OL and next time I open OL there are the deleted > items ,back in the originating folders !! Weird ! ...

Backup question

Delay delivery Exch 5.5 & Outlook XP
hello, i have a problem with delaying delivery in outlook xp ind combination with an exch 5.5. under options i can say "Delay delivery" if i set this option the mail is in the outbox, but stays there for ever nothing happens! it is not send at the specified time, even i leave outlook open. i read this has something to do with the cache mode! has an exchange 5.5 also a cache mode? and if yes, where can i change this? thanks fpr helping patrick P. Fischer wrote: > hello, > > i have a problem with delaying delivery in outlook xp ind combination > with an exch 5.5. u...

How do I delete Publisher 2003 user templates?
I created my own Publisher 2003 template. I was unable to find a way in Publisher to delete this user template. Did I miss something? I know that I can go to C:\Documents & Settings\.... Microsoft\Office\Templates and delete it there. Thanks, Ken You have to delete it in the folder you mentioned. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kenlanderson" <kenlanderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46C373CC-D111-4DE6-81F7-C4AD6BE065B1@microsoft.com... >I created my own Publisher 2003 t...

E-mail Router Installation
I have not been able to install the exchange e-mail router for crm. I am getting an error that says "cmrExchangeQueueService" could not be installed verify that you have suffecient privilages to install system services. Funny I am logged on as the domain admin and can install any other services I need. Exchange and CRM are on the same box. Any Ideas is worth a million thanks. Chris ...

Outlook 2000 SR 1
Hi Getting an error when sending mail locally and externally only Receiving mail is fine Error - The smtp server was not specified please try again Any ideas? Did you go into your POP/IMAP account(s) and retype the SMTP server name? "Jack" <jackmartintan@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:407146b6$0$4574$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi > > Getting an error when sending mail locally and externally only > Receiving mail is fine > > Error - The smtp server was not specified please try again > > Any ideas? > > Yes have done that &q...

a question and a question

IF AND question

IE8 privacy question

Question about Paste Special

Smart host in Exchange 2003 SMTP frontend
I have one e-mail domain say test.com. The problem is that I need to forward some e-mail addresses to different domain say test1.com (I have 10 such different domains). In my DMZ I have sendmail which is responsible for routing mails to these domains, for example: user1@test.com ->user1@test1.com user2@test.com->user2@test2.com and so on. If address is not in this table it is forwarded to my Exchange infrastructure (which is responsible for test.com). I want to get rid of sendmail and do this routing stuff with exchange smtp front-end. Of course I know how to do this through Exchang...

Microsoft Query question

Question

Outlook 2003: Will Not Open
Out of no-where: Today Outlook decided to not open. Here is the error message: "Can not start microsoft outlook. Unable to open outlook window. The set of folders cold not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists". There is no problem with the server, I checked. I have no "Administrator" My kid is only 11 so it will be another year or 2 before he earns that title. What now? Any suggestions would be appreciated. (For the rest of my life, anytime I encounter any problem with another person I am going to tell them to...

Non-standard size labels in Publisher.
I need to produce special size labels in Publisher. Each label will be in portrait form 42mm wide and 148mm deep. This allows 8 to an A4 sheet. My use of Publisher is limited and I cannot work out how to do this. I would be grateful for any help and guidance. Thank you. In page setup, select custom, input your measurements. Click the "change copies per sheet", adjust the margins and gaps relative to your label stock. If you have Publisher 2000 and below the margin and gaps change is only available when you go to print. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ ht...

Error converting from 97 to 2000
I am having trouble converting an Access 97 front-end application to Access 2000. I am getting several "error while loading Form..." and then the last message is "The Visual Basic for Applications project in the database is corrupt". The 97 version has worked fine for a long time, so I am not sure where to go? Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks Scott There are many tricks available to try to fix corruptions. 1. Create a new empty A97 mdb and import all the objects from the corrupt one. Recompile the code. 2. Decompile the code. Make a backup. Test the undocu...

OWA Question #16

Best Practice for Automatically Inserting a Confidentiality Statement on Outgoing Mail
What is the best practice for including a statement of confidentiality on all outgoing mail? Using the signature feature or using a mail template? If you have Exchange server, the following article will help: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/sendform.htm If not, try this article instead: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/sig.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:9CE75C34-C810-49DA-8B06-26B50CB1003F@microsoft.com, VBG wrote: > What is the ...

exchange server 2003 routing
I have three locations called A(a.t.com),B(b.t.com),C(c.t.com) and i have ex change server2003 installed on my DC and DC(T.com) is in the same subnet as domain A , A is connected to B through ISDN and to C through DialUP(demand dial). i am able to send emails from A to B and C, but A is not routing emails between C and B i.e am not able to send emails from C to B. all the connectors and de fault and no routing group is present. all configuration is default. please reply to this question.. -- map249 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http:...

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

Text Box Question

401K questions

how do I move from page to page or get the little page icons at t.
I am trying to do a four page booklet and cannot go from page to page. What do I need to do? While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Joan <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I am trying to do a four page booklet and cannot go from page to > page. What do I need to do? Do you have four pages present? If you used a template, you should have them there automatically. Otherwise, you'll need to use Insert > Page. Do you have the page icons at the bottom of the screen? If not, try View > Status bar, or maximiz...