Question about antivirus for Exchange 2003

I currently use Mcafee groupshield for exchange 5.5 and while it does
block infected attachments, it still sends the email message to the
user which generates alot of complaints.  I am ugrading to Exchange
2003 and this time I want to get something that is a little more
flexible and can block not only the attachment, but the message too.
I will look into the latest Mcafee solution, but wanted to hear about
the experiences of others on this NG.

Thanks
NH
0
nedhart (28)

Hi Ned,

I'm using McAfee GroupShield for Exchange 2003.  For your
information, the software still behave exactly as you
mentioned in your post.  So it seems that they haven't
made any improvements on that side, unless I've miss some
settings of course!

0
anonymous (74722)

Can't load Office 2003
I have Win XP and Office 2000 on a Dell Laptop. I recently bought a sealed version of Office 2003 OEM. It initially loaded, but wouldn't install updates. Tried to uninstall and couldn't get it off. Got some help from Msoft. Got it off, but then couldn't re-install. I decided to reinstall office 2000. Since I had saved my outlook pst file before uninstalling 2003, it's now not readable by office 2002. Question 1: why won't 2003 load. won't even get to "key request"? Question 2: Is there conversion s/w that allows me to go backward? I down loaded...

Can I DCPROMO after installing Exchange 2003?
Hi all, I have a Windows 2003 Standard Edition Server installed as DC+DHCP+DNS, and another Windows 2003 Stand. Ed with Exchange 2003 Std. Edition joining as a member of the DC. I am planning to install an ISA Server, and put the Exchange behind the ISA Server. By doing this, the ISA Server documentation recommend me to install the Exchange with its own DC, DNS and DHCP. The question is: 1. can I dcpromo the Exchange Server to DC after the Exchange is installed? 2. What is the best recommendation for deploying Exchange Server on Win2k3 Std. Ed ? Some people said its better to have 2 Exchange S...

Outlook 2003 Cache Mode not working
Hello, I have a problem with one of my users using Exchange 2003 Cached mode. He can't see all the mail in his inbox, anything after last friday is not there. However if he uses OWA he can see all his email, if he uses Outlook 2003 not in cached mode he can see all his mail. I tried setting his account up on a different system and get exactly the same problem. We are running Exchange 2000 Ent. Hopefully domebody has seen thjis before and can offer a solution. Many thanks Nick In news:E62A0664-EF57-432B-9877-7E0007D8DE7B@microsoft.com, Nick Nack <NickNack@discussions.microso...

Backup question

a question and a question

IE8 privacy question

IF AND question

Question about Paste Special

Exchange 5.5 services and exchgadm password
Greetings, I am new to exchange. I am supporting a 25 users office which has exchange 5.5 server. I was trying to start the LDAP protocol and ended up changing the password for exchgadm and exadmin user id under the User Manager on the NT 4.0 server. After I rebooted the server and logged on as administrator none of the exchanger services are starting. Events are indicating the user name and password are incorrect to start exchange. Can someone please help me how to re-start all exchange services. Thanks !! did you see this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us...

Microsoft Query question

Smart host in Exchange 2003 SMTP frontend
I have one e-mail domain say test.com. The problem is that I need to forward some e-mail addresses to different domain say test1.com (I have 10 such different domains). In my DMZ I have sendmail which is responsible for routing mails to these domains, for example: user1@test.com ->user1@test1.com user2@test.com->user2@test2.com and so on. If address is not in this table it is forwarded to my Exchange infrastructure (which is responsible for test.com). I want to get rid of sendmail and do this routing stuff with exchange smtp front-end. Of course I know how to do this through Exchang...

Question

Outlook 2003: Will Not Open
Out of no-where: Today Outlook decided to not open. Here is the error message: "Can not start microsoft outlook. Unable to open outlook window. The set of folders cold not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists". There is no problem with the server, I checked. I have no "Administrator" My kid is only 11 so it will be another year or 2 before he earns that title. What now? Any suggestions would be appreciated. (For the rest of my life, anytime I encounter any problem with another person I am going to tell them to...

OWA Question #16

exchange server 2003 routing
I have three locations called A(a.t.com),B(b.t.com),C(c.t.com) and i have ex change server2003 installed on my DC and DC(T.com) is in the same subnet as domain A , A is connected to B through ISDN and to C through DialUP(demand dial). i am able to send emails from A to B and C, but A is not routing emails between C and B i.e am not able to send emails from C to B. all the connectors and de fault and no routing group is present. all configuration is default. please reply to this question.. -- map249 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http:...

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

Text Box Question

401K questions

SBS 2003 RWW
Hi Guys, Have a problem with "The service is not available. Please try again later." when trying to access through RRW (https://sbsname/remote or even https://sbsnamehere/exchange) the message above is being displayed. Any ideas? Not a lot to go on. did it ever work if yes, did it stop after some updates have been applied? or some other reason to make it stop? Do you: manage the SBS with the Wizards? Have you: opened the required ports on the edge device run the ceicw, keyed in the pubic necessary info and specified what you want to be available ...

If / Then Question

ROWCOUNT question

Exmerge Question #7

question about "delete"
I have a pointer: MyWindowClass *p = NULL; p = new MyClass(...); .... delete p; After delete p, does p equal NULL(it is in C++ standard?)? How to decide if p has been deleted? The reason I asked this question is that in my project, there are many code/files use the pointer which I need to determine is it is deleted? Can I use: if(p != NULL) delete p; I guess somewhere p has been deleted, but p still not NULL(possible?), the above code might cause problem. Hi Kathy, I typically just set p to NULL when I delete it: delete p; p = NULL; Then you can check it in other places and ...

5.5 to 2003 migration
Reading the threads suggest to me that provided I perform a standard move mailbox from (a single) 5.5 server to (a single storage group) on a 2003 server, single-instance storage will be maintained. Have I understood this correctly? Any other factors to consider? Our SIS on 5.5 is 13:1 - I couldn't believe it! Obviously we are concerned of the potential for a very large blowout in store size. Many thanks for your assisance. -- Peter SIS will be maintained moving all the mailboxes from a single store to the same destination store using the move mailbox wizard. Note however that the ...