Questing about exchange 2000 server

My company recently had it's T1 internet connection cut so therefore, our
exchange 2000 server couldn't receive email.  We spoke to another company,
X, that agreed to let us dial in, using an ISDN line, to their system to
grab a static ip.  They've called up our registrar, Network Solutions ,and
added two of their own nameservers.  They've also assigned 10 mail.x.com as
the mx record.

So now, all our mails goes to their linux email server, where spam and virus
filtering takes place, then gets forwarded to our exchange 2000 server.

We are now getting a T1 line from verizon with a static ip address.  We want
to be able to receive the mails directly from the internet, to our exchange
2000 box, and just skip the whole company X process.

What would we have to do to accomplish this?  Also, what kind of
filtering/virus program should we set up on the box?

We also have another exchange 2000 box, at a different location, that
replicates the AD.  This box is no longer working because the two boxes were
linked to each other through a point to point line.  We will also be getting
a point to point line from verizon, which will connect the two offices.  The
problem is, the secondary exchange 2000 box kept the mailboxes of people
that works in that location.  What we had to do was, since we couldn't move
the mail boxes over to the primary exchange box, we had to remove exchange
attributes off the primary exchange for people in the second office and
recreate those profiles as well as create their mailboxes, so that the
primary exchange box could store their mailboxes.

Will there be a problem when the point to point line gets dropped in, since
the secondary exchange still is set up to store the second office mailboxes?
Should I just remove those users off the second exchange before bringing it
back online so that it could start replicating to correct this problem?

0
Roc14791 (5)

1 exchange 4 domains, possible to hide other GAL in cached exchange mode?
We have Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 with 4 domains. All users connect via rpc over http so there in cached exchange mode. In Outlook, they see all the other domains under All Address Lists. We have set the permission's so they can't access the other GAL's besides their own, but its sloppy and not professional. How can we hide the other GAL's from showing up? I've performed the procedures with changeing the dsHeuristics to 001, using ADSI, etc but there still showing up. The only way the other GAL's don't show up, is if they don't connect in cached...

Exchange 2003 SP2 #5
I am trying to upgrade an exchange server 2003 to sp2. Keep getting an error message that i need to remove Intellegent message filter v 1. I cannot remove the Intellegent message filter v 1. I have tried and tried and cannot find the unistall in the add remove programs, I have tried all admin account on the server and still cannot see it. Is there any way to uninstall this? Bryan there should be an entry in add remove programs for the intelligent message filter... reinstall v1.... and then remove.... "Bryan Laird" wrote: > I am trying to upgrade an exchange server 2003...

Enterprise Calendars in Project Server 2007
I'm trying to use an Enterprise calendar created in Project Server 2007 to control working time through the Change Working Time tool in Project Professional and it's not working. What's the best way to do this? Thank you, Jerry McKenzie Jerry -- Only the Project Server administrator can modify enterprise calendars, and he/she must start the editing process from the Enterprise Calendars page in PWA. Are you the Project Server administrator? If not, what are you attempting to do with this enterprise calendar? Let us know and we will try to help. -- Dale A...

Exchange troubleshooting guides
Hi, I am looking for some troubleshooting guides I need resources on microsoft exchange server 2003 sp2 in conjuction with accessing mailbox from windows mobile 5.0 and OWA I am having trouble accessing mailboxes from windows mobile 5 Any leads are much appreciated. Start here http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?spid=global&query=oma+windows+mobile+5&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pwt=false&title=false&kt=ALL&mdt=0&comm=1&ast=1&ast=2&ast=3&ast=9&mode=a&x=9&y=8 Harold wrote: > Hi, I am looking for some troubleshooting guides...

exchange and pop3 together
I have two pop3 accounts, one exchange account, and multiple PST files. Sometimes when I log on, it's from a place that will allow me to use Exchange. Sometimes not. Pop3 will always connect. I'd like to be able to have all these in the same profile, with the different messages going to different inboxes (as opposed to all going to one, and then having to rules- wizard them out or something. The main problem is that originally I had my exchange account, had a subfolder that took in (via rules) the pop3 messages into that subfolder, and then I could have them at least clust...

Weiterleiten an Windows MailExport QUEST
ich schicke und weiterleiten an euch von KarlFutterer@yahoo,comsmsung,de ...

My Exchange 5.5 IMC Outbound Woes!!!
Hi, I have a problem with a single Exchange 5.5 server which is part of a 3 site network sharing the same domain. Everything has been working perfectly for the past 3 years until recently. The problem is that one site will stop sending mail to users in the GAL after a day or so. It successfully routes external mail to the internet however via DNS, and will accept inbound internal and external mail. Messages simply queue up, including Directory replication messages, which eventually end up in the Archive directory. Evaluating the logs it mentions that it cannot connect to the destination ...

Money 2005 error with session Reference # 2000
I was trying to download my account info from Wachovia and it said that my account could not be updated and to tell my Customer Service Rep with Reference Number 2000. How do I fix this to update my info? Thanks! ...

Exchange calendar
I would like to know is it possible to add my Company's holidays on exchange 5.5 calendar at the server level so that everyone in the company can find? ray3d84 This would be a job for the Public Folders section. Very easy to do. Create a calendar folder in the Public Folders, set permissions on the folder and add dates to it. Now, everyone with permissions can see it and only those with edit permissions can change it. "ray3d" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:013a01c3cf00$7786d2e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to know is it possibl...

Opening a CSV file makes MSI want Office 2000 SR-1 Premium disk (DATA1.MSI)
Hello! I have a problem with a tiny CSV file (http://lite2.myfabrik.com/get/01010010U9REsY/profile-high.zip from Command & Conquer 3 demo) that keeps prompting MS Windows Installer to want my MS Office 2000 SR-1 Premium disk DATA1.MSI. I can hit cancel to skip it without problems that I saw. Or I can leave the CD in the drive and it let use it. How do I get rid of this annoyance? I tried making a new text file with "test" in a CSV file. Excel did not prompt me to get the CD. Any ideas? I am using Windows XP Pro. SP2 (IE 6.0 SP2) with all updates. All updates for Office ...

Exchange Server and NTBackup
I am pretty new to the Exchange setup. How does NTBackup do with backing up an active Exchange 2003 Server? works great...you can backup to tape or to disk... "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7abd01c43147$fccd0470$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am pretty new to the Exchange setup. How does NTBackup > do with backing up an active Exchange 2003 Server? You just expand Microsoft Exchange Server in the tree, expand the server and then pick the Storage Group you want to back up. As Susan said, works like a charm. Thanks, Richard Roddy Micro...

System attendant won't start after Exchange SP3
Hello, I will appreciate it if someone can help. I am running an exchange 2000 enterprise server on a windows 2000 server SP4. After installing exchange SP3, service attendant crashes on startup. I applied SP3 hot fix, but the problem remains the same. Event viewer error log 9149 and 1005 are logged. Thanks Olu Try looking a http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=9149&eventno=1228&source=MSExchangeSA&phase=1 Whenever you have an error in the evnet logs, check out http://eventid.net for some very good advice. It's free, but you can subscribe for small fee and some ext...

Automatically restart HQ Server
As mentioned in an earlier post by a colleague, we're having problems where HQ server constantly craps out with a Run-time Error: 3002. We reindexed the main DB and the remote store DBs as well to no avail. Is there a way to restart the app everytime it fails? Like it checks every minute to see if it's up and running or not? Is there a downside to making the app run as a service? Thanks The downside to running as a service: 1) The HQ Server program no longer checks the Dongle to renew the license activation - that is done by HQ Manager. If manager is not opened on the s...

Automating Exchange Contacts Creation
Does anyone know how to automate the process of creating Exchange Active Directory Contacts that show up in the Global Address Book as well? I have the list of people I need added as contacts in a .csv format, but do not have a way of adding them to Exchange other than manually adding them. And this is for Exchange 2003. You should use CSVDE.exe Create a Mail Enabled Contact using ADUC. Use CSVDE to export that Contact to a CSV file. Open it using Excel. Remove all columns that are not needed for creating a new Contact (like "whenCreated"). Change the data about the Contact ...

need script to add LDAP server
I need a way to automate adding an LDAP server to the directories list. I can't find anything on a web search about it though. I'd prefer to do it in vbscript, but at this point I'm not that picky. Anyone know how I can get started? Jordan Microsoft uses text files with a .prf extension and a highly structured = format to provide information to OUtlook that enables Outlook to create = or modify a mail profile, which is what you're actually talking about = doing. You can create such .prf files with the Custom Installation = Wizard or Custom Maintenance Wizard tools in...

Upgrade from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2007 Schema fails
I am running Exchange 2000 (version 6.0 build 6249.4 sp3) on a windows 2000 sp4 server. The domain is windows 2003 native. Exchnage is in exchange 2000 native mode. have added new 64-bit windows 2003 r2 sp1 server to host exchange 2007. have tried running install to update schema. Keep getting following error: Entry DN: CN=ms-Exch-Mobile-Mailbox-Policy-Link,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=hksys,DC=com Add error on line 124: Unwilling To Perform The server side error is "Schema update failed: An attribute with the same link identifier already exists." An error has occurred in t...

forward e-mails problem on Exchange 5.5
Hi, I've got 3 servers: S1- with Internet Mail Service, receives and sends mails from and to internet; S2 - with Information Store; S3 - with Internet Mail Service receives and sends mails from and to an external mail system (all servers with Exchange 5.5 Server installed). I created a new custom recipient with the e-mail address that I want to forward all e-mails to and then I added this recipient to user mailbox in Delivery Options tab. When I send mails from my Organisation to user mailbox, mails are forwarded to an external mail system thru S3 server (everything works). But prob...

Download total message from exchange
Hi there. I am connected to my office's exchange with broadband. All messages I get are also downloaded on my PC at home. (Office 2007) BUT, only the headers are downloaded on my machine at home and are only downloaded in total when I click on it. How can I make sure that all mails' bodies' are also downloaded? Regards, Deon look on the file menu - you';ll have an option to download headers first etc. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook ...

Exchange Calendar Update Tool problems #2
Is their a way that i can test updating 1 user when i use the MsExTmzCfg. Also when i tried to update using the MsExTmz i recieve this error about reading the file? HrReadConfiguration:Failed to open input file with error 0x80070002. wmain:Failed to read configuration - error 0x80070002. ...

exchange alternative
A few months back I was asking questions about setting up an Exchange server BUT someone pointed me to a company that had software that could synchronise your outlook contacts and calendars using outlook email. Anyone have any ideas what the company was again? There are several listed here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "R Doornbosch" <NOSPAM@youremail.com> wrote in message news:ObfMMbGAEHA.3456@T...

There is no such object on the server #2
Hi, When i try to go to the properties of my databases in one of my storage groups, I get the error "There is no such object on the server" C0072030 The databases are mounted and I can move mailboxes to them Also, if I click 'ok' on the error message, it brings up the properities sheet for the database, but the public folder store path on the general tab has the pf store name and a guid following it. I have checked permissions to the objects. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have you tried using ADSIEdit to look at the attr...

Exchange Training
Has anyone used CompuMaster for Exchange training? They have a two day workshop for Exchange, just didn't know if it was "fluff" or good infor packed into two days. Any opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance. Are they using the Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC)? That means a lot. Beyond that, it is my experience that the individual instructor makes the biggest difference. If you can find out who's doing the teaching, you might want to inquire locally as to the satisfaction of past students. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and ...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise versus Exchange 2003 Standard
Could some one point me to a site that will explain the difference between exchange enterprise versus exchange standard. Licencing costs and feature sets with both products would be of special interst. Thanks On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:31:02 -0800, Zart the Artist <ZarttheArtist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Could some one point me to a site that will explain the difference between >exchange enterprise versus exchange standard. Licencing costs and feature >sets with both products would be of special interst. >Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-...

Quest: Source Revision Systems...
I am working on a OS(no more talk about that here) project that I am developementing with VC++ .NET on my lab top and on my desktop system and I don't want to copy the file over manually in Window Explorer... So I want to find a free program like Visual SafeSource or maybe a LAN network batch file copier. If I cant find anything I will build my own batch file copier client/server app... Any help... ...

Problem sending email via Exchange
I have Exchange running on a Windows 2003 server, on a seperate server I have MS CRM running on a W2003 server. When I try to send an email to a contact from the CRM system, we get an error saying the email cannot be sent ("An Error has occurred. For more information, contact you system administrator") I also notice the following in the event log of the server hosting exchange: Event Type: Error Event Source: CrmExchangeQueueService Event Category: None Event ID: 5891 Date: 22/12/2004 Time: 09:45:54 User: N/A Computer: QSI-EXCH2 Description: The description for Event ID ( 5891 ) ...