Questing about exchange 2000 server

My company recently had it's T1 internet connection cut so therefore, our
exchange 2000 server couldn't receive email.  We spoke to another company,
X, that agreed to let us dial in, using an ISDN line, to their system to
grab a static ip.  They've called up our registrar, Network Solutions ,and
added two of their own nameservers.  They've also assigned 10 mail.x.com as
the mx record.

So now, all our mails goes to their linux email server, where spam and virus
filtering takes place, then gets forwarded to our exchange 2000 server.

We are now getting a T1 line from verizon with a static ip address.  We want
to be able to receive the mails directly from the internet, to our exchange
2000 box, and just skip the whole company X process.

What would we have to do to accomplish this?  Also, what kind of
filtering/virus program should we set up on the box?

We also have another exchange 2000 box, at a different location, that
replicates the AD.  This box is no longer working because the two boxes were
linked to each other through a point to point line.  We will also be getting
a point to point line from verizon, which will connect the two offices.  The
problem is, the secondary exchange 2000 box kept the mailboxes of people
that works in that location.  What we had to do was, since we couldn't move
the mail boxes over to the primary exchange box, we had to remove exchange
attributes off the primary exchange for people in the second office and
recreate those profiles as well as create their mailboxes, so that the
primary exchange box could store their mailboxes.

Will there be a problem when the point to point line gets dropped in, since
the secondary exchange still is set up to store the second office mailboxes?
Should I just remove those users off the second exchange before bringing it
back online so that it could start replicating to correct this problem?

0
Roc14791 (5)

Connection to Exchange Server #2
After installing Outlook 2003 on a WIN2000 machine with SP4 I cannot connect to the exchange server (2003). I have done 7 machines (all WIN 2000) and they work, the 8th machine keeps giving me "The action could not be completed. The connection to the mIcrosoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action". I have no TCP/IP problems. Can ping the server by IP and Name. Any help would be appreciated. Charles What authentication do you have set for this one machine? Does creating a new mail profile fix it? --� Milly Staples ...

Change Exchange 2003 Server Name
I am researching if it is possible to change the name of our Exchange 2003 server. I've heard this is possible (perhaps incorrectly) with Service Pack 2, but I can find no documentation of this in the release notes. Not changing out servers -- it will be the same server, and no other changes will be be made, just that we want to change the name of it, say, for example, from EXCHANGESERV to EXCH. Is this possible (with service pack 2 or without)? Thanks. No, it is not possible to change the name of the server. At least not if you want Exchange to still function afterwards. Sorry....

CRM installation on SBS2003 or W2K3 server?
Dear all We have a Windows Small Business Server 2003 Standard along with a Windows Server 2003 Standard (setup as a terminal server). We would like to implement Microsoft's CRM. There are 10 users on our network. I am totally new to CRM, so sorry in advance if my questions sound a little naive. 1. Do we need to install SQL on either of the servers? If so, can we upgrade the current SBS2003 Standard to Enterprise or is it best to install SQL on the W2K3 WTS server? 2. What hardware recommendations are their for CRM? Our WTS is a much higher spec than the SBS & currently has o...

Undoing LINKS in Excel 2000
I am Using Excel 2000 and I have a worksheet that is LINKED to data in a completely seperate workbook that was deleted weeks ago. I still get the annoying boxes that say "file not found." How do I UNDO the links that still exist to this files that was deleted? Hi use the following addin to find these links: goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jayceejay" <jayceejay@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:929ED98...

Problems with a form in Access 2000
Hello all, We are using Windows 2000 pro with Access 2000. We are having this problem on one machine only. There is an input form that has a memo field in it. When the guy tries to hightlight some text in that memo field, it highlights the whole memo field as soon as he clicks in it instead of letting him choose what data to highlight. Sticky keys are not on, on his machine, I checked that. The database has a front end and a back end and he is working in the front end. To make the problem go away, he has to restart his machine. What could possibly be the problem? Thanks, GMC ...

HELP: Incoming Internet mails delay by the SMTP Connector at Exchange 2003 frontend
We just switched over to Exchange 2003 SMTP frontend and we notice mails always get queued up for 5 to 20 minutes. Force Connection, unfreeze didn't help. I can use telnet to port 25 of the backends to send a message instantly without any delay. So why the mails always get delay by the connector? Thanks Anything configured in the delivery options tab of your connector? James Chong andyhwconnet@hotmail.com wrote: > We just switched over to Exchange 2003 SMTP frontend and we notice > mails always get queued up for 5 to 20 minutes. Force Connection, > unfreeze didn't hel...

Outlook 2000 #148
I have a user who cannot access the "customize" button in Outlook Today. When you click on it, nothing happens, has anyone ever seen this? Thanks. ~Amy ...

Exchange 2003 and NAS Server
I have hear from someone that they are going to move there exchange database files to the NAS running Windows. Is this possible, I thought not but just wanted to check? Aloha Dave, It's possible under some circumstances. See if this helps: http://www.petri.co.il/exchange_on_nas_proved_and_approved.htm -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html > I have hear from someone that they are going to move there exchange > database files to the NAS running Windows. Is this possible, I...

Exchange 2003 and NDR
Hello A little trouble with NDR configuration. I want to avoid NRD messages to Internet or also to my AD users. I'd like to concentrate all the NDR messages on a postmaster's address. The Exchange 2003 server manages the local domain (AD) and my society's internet domain (@masociete.com) I have cleared the parameter "Allow non-delivery reports " in the Global Settings and add the postmaster address under Under Administrative Groups/First Administrative Group/Servers/Protocols/SMTP. And after, I have restarted Exchange. But it seems to not work. If i send a mail to a...

Rule: Delete from server
Vista business, windows mail Hi, there is a rule in windows mail: "delete from server" if - for exemple - special words exist in the text of the mail. In this case, you cannot click the further rule: "do not execute further rules" The effect is, that this mails are loaded in my computer. I expected that they would be deleted from the mail-server and would not be sent to my computer. PS. Please excuse my English, it's a long time that I've learned it ! See http://www.insideoe.com/tips/rules.htm#delete steve "Hans" <h.schrott@...

Outlook 2000 SP3
1. How to correct spelling of name left in brackets to indicate change in forwarded text? 2. Can I turn this off? Try again please. I'm sure there is a question in here somewhere. Provide sufficient detail for us to discern what it might be. Please keep in mind that we can't read your mind. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ddddd" <ddddd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6041BFB2-A0DE-49DB-8FD4-009C8D02DDB9@microsoft.com... > 1. How to correct spelling of name left in brackets to indicate change > in > forwarded text? > 2. Can I t...

LDIFDE very slow when run from Exchange server.
Hello, We've setup a test network consisting of a W2K3 DC and an E2K3 server with about 500 mailbox-enabled users. When we run an LDIFDE export on the DC, it completes in a few seconds. On the Exchange server, the same export takes several minutes. Any idea why it would take so long on the Exchange server? There is nothing strange in the event viewer. Bother servers have a similar spec, incl 100mbit n/w cards. Thanks in advance, - Alan. Other than the fact that you are running the export across the network, perhaps your network cards are not correctly auto-negotiating 100Mb/s. I ...

How do you convert an add-in from acc 2000 to acc 2007?
We have a bunch of access add-ins that we created in acc 2000. Trying to upgrade to acc 2007 but we can't seem to get the add-ins to work. Is there a equivalent to the USYSREGINFO? We can't even find the table (or any system tables) when we open the original myaddin.mda in acc 2007. If there is a different way to register it, anyone know how? We were able to find the add-in manager and add the add-in. Could not edit the path where the add-in shuold be copied because we couldn't update the USYSREGINFO. Any help, pointers, guidance would be appreciated. Thanks. Z. Comments ...

HQ Client and HQ Server on the same machine
Is it possible, and safe, to run the HQ Client on the same machine as the HQ Server. I have a new customer that has two stores. At the main store they are using the server to run Store Operations Manager, HQ Manager, and HQ Server. They also would like to run HQ Client on this machine to avoid going to the POS to do manual syncronizations. I read other threads suggesting this wasn't a good idea. Has anybody tried this? Hi Kavin, It isn't bad idea all as in the test we do all like this where HQ,Store Operation are installed on same machine, and is not as easy but once setu...

missing close box in excel 2000
On the top of the screen in Excel there is usually a minimize, a maximize, and a close box. These are all missing. How can I restore them? As far as I know nothing was done to remove them, they just went away. The computer is running Win98SE -- dmtech ...

Outlook 7 does not connect to exchange after Windows 7 upgrade
I recently “upgraded” to Windows 7 and to my dismay have come to find that Outlook can no longer connect to the exchange server. I tried recreating my profile, a complete re install, and turning off all anti-virus and firewalls to no avail. In addition when trying to activate the software after the reinstall I get the following error “a communication error has occurred. Please verify that you have connectivity (0x80072EE2)” I have connectivity because I can get on the web; I also had the same activation problem with Windows 7 if this helps at all. Please help! "Petro008&q...

Help, please: to remove Outlook 2000 ?
Help, please... On a pretty good Win XP PC, I need to upgrade from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000. I installed Outlook and it imported all the folders/messages/identities from OE6. Outlook 2000 starts up, and all seems fine, and I'm looking at the new message that it created... "Welcome to Outlook 2000". If I try to view any other message, it locks up. I see the perpetual hourglass. It's dead. I want to Remove it, then re-install it. How do I remove it? I went to Control Panel, Add or remove programs... it's not there. Add/remove Windows components... it'...

saving in publisher 2000
I have been trying to download my project on a cd to take to a company for copies but after download I can not open due to it says it is a readable file only. I have gone back and unchecked the readable file only and still am not able to read please can someone help with this? papeco wrote: > I have been trying to download my project on a cd to take to a company for > copies but after download I can not open due to it says it is a readable file > only. I have gone back and unchecked the readable file only and still am not > able to read please can someone help with this? ...

Start outlook without Exchange
Can I start outlook without connecting to my Exchange server? Each time I attempt the "work offline" option I get the following message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store count not be opened." I am pretty positive my Outlook pst file is not corrupt. A week ago I lost the connection to the server for a few hours and received the same message. As soon as the exchange server was back online everything worked fine. But I cannot start Outlook at all now to look at existing...

Has Exchange 5.5 been approved to run on Windows 2000 SP4?
I need to get it in writing and I have not been able to find it anywhere. I cant say one way or another if there is any "certification" for it, but I can say that I use it and it works fine. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "aegonjv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3620196B-D476-4C69-8C90-EA30BE9A940C@microsoft.com... > I need to get it in writing and I have not been able to find it anywhere. Works for me fine.. "aegonjv" <...

OWA DNS or Server Error
We are running Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 and now cannot bring up OWA. it gives us DNS or Server Error in both left and right side panes. All we did was upgrade to Server 2003 from 2000. Our OWA worked fine before this. Can anyone help or direct me to documents to resolve this. Thanks. David Check ASP.net is allowed in IIS admin. try to check with IP address and make sure you by pass proxy for local address in IE properties. Look at event viewer espcially application log to see whether exchange is spitting out any errors. Please give full information about the situtation... Whe...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise versus Exchange 2003 Standard
Could some one point me to a site that will explain the difference between exchange enterprise versus exchange standard. Licencing costs and feature sets with both products would be of special interst. Thanks On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:31:02 -0800, Zart the Artist <ZarttheArtist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Could some one point me to a site that will explain the difference between >exchange enterprise versus exchange standard. Licencing costs and feature >sets with both products would be of special interst. >Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-...

Exchange 2003 and GroupWise 5.2 Directory Synchronization
I have an Exchange 2003 Server Org. and a series of Novell GroupWise 5.2 PO's. I am performing a GroupWise to Exchange migration, however I am unable to get directory synchronization to work. I've installed the API gateway and have named the GW external foreign domain Exchange. I can pass messages back and forth through the connector, however I am unable to get the Exchange contacts to populate into the GroupWise address book. I've bumped up logging on the Exchange side and I do see the contacts being exported to and imported from Groupwise, however they never show up on Groupw...

Exchange 2003 offline recovery
Hi, I was asked to recover personal and public folders (edb) off an Exchange 2003 server. The Windows 2003 on which it's installed can be accessed. However, I was told that the Active Directory has been removed "by mistake". I'm planning on installing a Windows 2003 with Exchange and copying the edb files over. I saw a few MS kb articles which refer to ESEUTIL. I will most probably go with the MS instructions. Any articles that I can be refered to or guidelines that you might have is appreciated. Thanks Greg Disaster Recovery for Exchange 2000 http://www.microsoft.com...

restoring Exchange 2003 Mail Store (priv & pub) on SBS2003
I have a SBS2003-server with 1 local and 5 remote users (these 5 only use the Exchangeserver, they have no data on the server) For several reasons I needed to reinstall the server. I made an image of the C-part (containing NO data, nor exchange-files) before I formatted c and started installing sbs2003. after installation, upgrading, applying all patches I could not restore the mail store. I tried replacing the mail stores exchange created during installation with the old mail stores (1 public, 1 private). Q1) What procedure could I try to restore the mail stores Q2) Is there an easy wa...