Querying Recipient Policies from script

Any idea how to construct an ldap query to extrapolate all the email addresses policies out of the recipient policies.  So i
0
anonymous (74722)

I'm not totally sure what you're trying to accomplish, but we have a VBS
script here that dumps the recipient policies to a text file for us.

If you email me directly (remove the online from my address) I'll be happy
to send it to you.

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>From: "=?Utf-8?B?cnVubmE=?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: Querying Recipient Policies from script
>Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:36:08 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
>
>Any idea how to construct an ldap query to extrapolate all the email
addresses policies out of the recipient policies.  So i

0
rroddy (682)

function in query summing results of 2 switch functions?
can I build an expression in a query that sums the values of 2 computed fields in the same query. E.g, Sum(1-CF_1 + CF_2) ? CF_1 & CF_2 are 2 other fields that use Switch statements. THanks Zx slight correction. Can I do this in the Field builder window: field_B: (CF_1 + CF_2) if both CF_1 & CF_2 are computed fields in the query themselves (basically fields computed from switch statements). Access is giving me an error saying it does not recognize these as "a valid field name or expression". I'm not sure why - aren't they expressions :) ? ...

Does anyone know how Group Policy settings work with Outlook .PST files????
We have a Win2K3 Enterprise server with Exchange 2K3 Enterprise. Workstations have either Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007. We have installed the .ADM file in Group Policy for both versions. Is there a way to keep File retention settings from moving old files in our Archive.PST file from being moved to the deleted folder? Is there a way to keep Group policy Settings from controlling .PST files? Is there any good documentation anywhere on how Group policies interact with PST files? Thanks ChuckN <Chuck@newmanArchitecture.com> wrote: > We have a Win2K3 Enterprise server with Exc...

Charting challenge/query
The following quote is posted on behalf of a client using Windows and Office 2003 Standard. Please email responses directly to me, too, since I do not read this group much. Any help/insight would be most appreciated. I'll do my best to relay any questions people have and bring back any answers to said questions. <quote> The Goal: In an effort to come up with a new way of looking at organizational structure, I employed Excel's 'Donut Chart' function. My goal was to have the head of the organization in the middle of the chart and then that person's direct re...

Filter and Query Records Mismatch
When I perform a filter on a table I get 371 records but when I design a query based on the same criteria, I get 63 records. And the result in my report is not showing the correct data based on this. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

To many Recipients
I received a message with multiple "to many recipients". I checked my ISP and found out that they are limiting the number of recipients per message. They do this to prevent spam. Now, I have to split serveral distribution lists to work around this. �How can I move 110/220 contacts from one distribution list to a new one, so both of them have the same number of contacts? I use Microsoft Outlook 2003 Katty <catherine-sanchez@cantv.net> wrote: > I received a message with multiple "to many recipients". > I checked my ISP and found out that they are limiting ...

CRM Forms J Script
Hi I want to update an attribute on the contact form when a phone call for the contact is closed. Can someone please advise me how i could go about this? Any help would be appreciated. Kind Regards Ridhima ...

Payables Management query
Hi everybody - can somebody tell me which table holds the invoice information for payables management. I have to make a query that show which checks paid for which invoices and I have to include the invoice description as well. Thanks!! PM10000 - PM Transaction WORK File PM20000 - PM Transaction OPEN File PM30200 - PM Paid Transaction History File Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Michael, I have posted code for a SQL view that may already have everything you need except the invoice descrip...

Query-Based Distribution Groups #2
I'm looking to create an LDAP query in Exchange 2003 that will show domain users that are currently logged on. This will allow me to create an email distribution group that contains only people who are in the office at that moment. Surely this must be possible as the query is searching Active Directory, but I've not been able to find a "logged on" attribute and I've trawled the web and newsgroups for answers but found nothing ... if anyone knows how to do this, I'd be very grateful of your help! Thanks, Rob "Robert Stokes" <rob@robertstokes.net...

Email recipient limit in outlook 2003
Good Morning, We have outlook 2003 running via an exchange server. One of our users is trying to send an email to a large number of contacts in their address book. They are not using a personal or company distribution list. They have simply populated the "To" field with each persons email address (not sure how many email addresses but looks like a lot, possibly more than a 100). When the user clicks "Send" the email just freezes and so does outlook. The only way to come out of it is to cancel the outlook.exe process in task manager and then restart outlook...

no transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient.
Getting this message from Microsoft Outlook: No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient. We are running Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5. User gets the above message when trying to send Internet Mail. User is able to receive Internet Mail successfully. We have tried restarting the server. Please help if you have any suggestions how to resolve this problem. Are you running Outlook 2000 or earlier versions? This is a known problem in versions prior to OL2002 - and running Internet Mail and Exchange in the same profile in Outlook 2000 and earlier is not a supported...

No data returned from query
I can't seem to figure out why this query will not return any data. SELECT AsiaContracts.AsiaContractShipper, AsiaContracts.AsiaContractShipLine, AsiaContracts.AsiaContractNumber, OceanFreightRate.OceanFreigthRateOriginPort, OceanFreightRate.OceanFreightRateDischargePort, OceanFreightRate. OceanFreightCharge, OceanFreightRate.OceanFreightAdditionalFees, EuropeContracts.EuropeContractShipLine, EuropeContracts.EuropeContractShipper FROM OceanFreightRate INNER JOIN (EuropeContracts INNER JOIN (AsiaContracts INNER JOIN ContractJunction ON AsiaContracts.AsiaContractID = ContractJunc...

Web Query Formatting not ready for Production
I do web queries from several internal systems and I continually run into problems where the returned data is formatted to Microsoft's wishes instead of my formatting requirements. 2 Sample are: 1) one column is cage code, a 5 digit alphanumeric number (sometimes starting with a zero). System want to remove the first zero even if I set the column to text. 2) Part Numbers column comes in all shapes and formats as a string, some starting with multiple zeros, some having all numbers with "E" in the middle, etc. When importing, even if column set to text, web query...

Query on two tables with matching null fields
Suppose I have two tables: Table 1: ID a b c 1 1 2 2 3 4 3 5 6 4 7 8 9 Table2 ID a b c 1 1 2 2 3 4 3 5 6 4 7 8 9 The following SQL: SELECT Table1.ID, Table2.ID FROM Table1 INNER JOIN Table2 ON (Table1.c = Table2.c) AND (Table1.b = Table2.b) AND (Table1.a = Table2.a); Returns: Table1.ID Table2.ID 4 4 I do want these tables connected by inner joins not left or right (in other words I want only those records where all t...

OE rules to script for Outlook
I want to convert my OE rules to a VB script or a supported type defined in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324568 Because there will be a lot of rules that Outlook won't let, i have to use a scripting method. But i want to convert already created OE rules to script because i don't know how to write scripts. Is there a way to do this? "Evren Sevilmis" <seth-@gonca.net> wrote in message news:OIUBvXMCHHA.4024@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want to convert my OE rules to a VB script or a supported type defined in >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324568 > >...

Ranking results of a Query
I have set of queries running for employee performance ranking culminating in a final query that shows their name, employee ID and overall score, i would like the final step to also add a column with rank, so the person with the highest score has a 1, next highest has a 2 etc...... I am kind of new to this, like everyone else who posts it seems so lamens terms are appreciated. If it helps the name of the query is "Query-Shift Bid Part C", and the columns are "First", "Last","Login","Hours","QA" and "Score" I want "...

Crosstab query...
I am frustrated with this one... I have a crosstab query used to display results on a graph. I want to filter "risklevel" depending on what is selected in a combobox using a value list. When I put in the filter and run the query, I get the error "The Microsoft Jet Database Engine does not recognize [Forms]![frmLOSA_Chart_Trend]![risk] as a valid field name or expression" Here is the SQL.... TRANSFORM Sum(qryLOSATrend_Risk.RiskLevelQTY) AS SumOfRiskLevelQTY SELECT qryLOSATrend_Risk.OBMonth FROM qryLOSATrend_Risk WHERE (((qryLOSATrend_Risk.RiskLevel)=[Forms]![...

Group same type of field from 3 different queries
Can anyone help me with this? I have 3 different queries each summing up a value for a given month. Past sales, present sales, future sales, these only have two fields Month and value. What I want to do is create something like Month Past Present Future ------------------------------------- Jun 5278 3424 3454 Jul 5625 6254 5462 Jun 2562 5264 5262 Where it will merge the two values for Jun, this will account for more than one product showing a summary of all sales. Ive tried using crosstabs queries, nested queries, even writing ...

SQL Query needed
Sample Data Type # Amt # Trno # DC # Code # Subcode ADV # 1000 # 1 #D # 103625 # ADV # 1000 # 1 #C # 103400 # S1 ADV # 2000 # 2 #D # 103625 # ADV # 2000 # 2 #C # 103400 # S2 VES # 5000 # 1 #D # 103400 # S1 VES # 5000 # 1 #C # 300070 # S1 Now I wanna find out the details of Code & Subcode of Type(VES) which does not match with Type ADV Expected result should come with subcode of the other record ADV # 2000 # 2 #D # 103625 # S2 Thanks in advance Nirene -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-programming/2010...

SQL Script to run
Hi, I would like to know if exist in MFC ADO class, a way how to execute a SQL Script ? It does not matter which database it is (MS SQL, Oracle, PostGreSQL,...) I was thinking to create a flat text/SQL parser to parse and analyze each command one by one, but i would rather prefer use an existing MFC class feature if possible. thanks a lot, Maileen ...

Recipient Policies have deleted my emails!
We are running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server and I set up a recipient policy as per an article I read earlier today, I wanted all mail going into a specific mailbox to automatically be deleted. I created a new policy modified it and selected the user and selected all mail in the inbox, deleted box to be automatically deleted. The only problem is that it didn't do just that mailbox and also deleted mail from other users mailbox as well. Is there any easy way of restoring those messages our backup is old and I'm not sure it has been working properly. Please help! H...

Need Query or Macro to Update Form
I have a form with two textboxes, both tied to field names in the table I am using for the form. The two fields are GroupName1 and Groupname2. I need to build a query or macro to run where if there is any text in Groupname2, to transfer the text to a new record where the text from Groupname2 is now in Groupname1 field. Please help!!! Thanks. Chris You've described "how" you want to solve a situation... but we have no idea what situation this is supposed to solve! More specific descriptions will probably lead to more specific suggestions. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.In...

Name Change Policy
Just wanted to get some opinions on how different IT departments handle name changes. When someones last name changes, do you change the logon ID? On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:25:02 -0800, SBasinger <SBasinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just wanted to get some opinions on how different IT departments handle name >changes. When someones last name changes, do you change the logon ID? > You rename the account and rename the alias. That will force RUS to stamp a different SMTP address on the account. You then edit the smtp addresses on the account to add the old smtp addr...

Use Of ":" In Query As Part Of Header
I have a query with a field name of "Street", however, I would like it to read "CAT:STREET". This query is exported to a csv file the requires the format of the later. Currently the csv file is modified manually afer the fact. In the query I have been unable to create an expression that does not choke on the ":". Any suggestion as to how allow this in the query, or maybe allow this in the export. Thanks in advance Hi Clint, You won't get that fixed. Can't you use as header CAT_STREET: Cloggy "Clint" wrote: > I have a query with a ...

SQL Trace: "Normalizing" TextData Column Values to Obtain "Query Signatures" for Hashing
Hi All, The TextData column in a SQL Trace table will contain a distinct string for any invocation of the captured SQL statement that was invoked with a set of parameters distinct from those before. So, for instance, 'EXEC dbo.PayThisInvoice 130254' is naturally different than 'EXEC dbo.PayThisInvoice 342902'. But, clearly, both statements involve invocation of the same stored procedure. For monitoring purposes over time, I need to be able to recognize that these and any similar statements are actually using the same underlying query. Standard practice, as I under...

Creating a conditional formula to increment #s in a test script
Greetings, I have an Excel question. I am creating a test script template for our team and I an in need of some formula help. Here is what I wish to do: Let's say I have a column A in my test script. I wish to label this column with my test script # TC1 TC2 TC3...(and so on) However, the problem is I have section breaks in my test script that divides the document into sections: eg.. <LOGIN SECTION> TC1 TC2 TC3 <LOGOUT SECTION> TC4 TC5 TC6 Now the problem is that if I want to add a new test case to the "Login section" above, I need ...