Query mailbox limit settings

Hi,

Is it possible to write a query or script which get back the settings of 
mailbox limits at all users in the domain or in an ou?

- the "Use mailbox store defaults" checkbox is selected or not
- the "Issue warning at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is selected, 
what value is given
- the "Prohibit send at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is selected, 
what value is given
- the "Prohibit send and receive at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it 
is selected, what value is given

Are LDIFDE or CSVDE useful for this task? I have not found the attributes 
which are behind the above mentioned settings.

Environment: Windows Server 2003 servers, Exchange Server 2003 Standard and 
clustered Enterprise edition

Thanks,
bolo

0
bolo (6)
10/26/2005 5:21:01 AM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

2 Replies
588 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 58

yes, both can be done (script and ldifde/csvde).
the attributes you're looking for:
mDBUseDefaults = TRUE --> Use mailbox store defaults checked, FALSE = 
unchecked
mDBStorageQuota  --> Issue Warning At (Kb)
mDBOverQuotaLimit --> Prohibit Send At (Kb)
mDBHardQuotaLimit --> Prohibit Send And Receive At (Kb)

I remember writing a script but can't locate it... check back later, i can 
post a link if I find it.
-- 
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT
www.zenprise.com
blog: www.suneja.com/blog
-----------------------------------


"bolo" <bolo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:64254B07-4013-4B60-B92F-7ED89A25DCE0@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to write a query or script which get back the settings of
> mailbox limits at all users in the domain or in an ou?
>
> - the "Use mailbox store defaults" checkbox is selected or not
> - the "Issue warning at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is 
> selected,
> what value is given
> - the "Prohibit send at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is 
> selected,
> what value is given
> - the "Prohibit send and receive at" checkbox is selected or not, and if 
> it
> is selected, what value is given
>
> Are LDIFDE or CSVDE useful for this task? I have not found the attributes
> which are behind the above mentioned settings.
>
> Environment: Windows Server 2003 servers, Exchange Server 2003 Standard 
> and
> clustered Enterprise edition
>
> Thanks,
> bolo
> 


0
bharat3597 (1006)
10/26/2005 5:48:18 AM
http://www.suneja.com/blog/2005/10/script-show-mailbox-limits.html
-- 
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT
www.zenprise.com
blog: www.suneja.com/blog
-----------------------------------


"Bharat Suneja" <bharat@nospam.org> wrote in message 
news:u%23qneDf2FHA.3416@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> yes, both can be done (script and ldifde/csvde).
> the attributes you're looking for:
> mDBUseDefaults = TRUE --> Use mailbox store defaults checked, FALSE = 
> unchecked
> mDBStorageQuota  --> Issue Warning At (Kb)
> mDBOverQuotaLimit --> Prohibit Send At (Kb)
> mDBHardQuotaLimit --> Prohibit Send And Receive At (Kb)
>
> I remember writing a script but can't locate it... check back later, i can 
> post a link if I find it.
> -- 
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
> -----------------------------------
>
>
> "bolo" <bolo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:64254B07-4013-4B60-B92F-7ED89A25DCE0@microsoft.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to write a query or script which get back the settings of
>> mailbox limits at all users in the domain or in an ou?
>>
>> - the "Use mailbox store defaults" checkbox is selected or not
>> - the "Issue warning at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is 
>> selected,
>> what value is given
>> - the "Prohibit send at" checkbox is selected or not, and if it is 
>> selected,
>> what value is given
>> - the "Prohibit send and receive at" checkbox is selected or not, and if 
>> it
>> is selected, what value is given
>>
>> Are LDIFDE or CSVDE useful for this task? I have not found the attributes
>> which are behind the above mentioned settings.
>>
>> Environment: Windows Server 2003 servers, Exchange Server 2003 Standard 
>> and
>> clustered Enterprise edition
>>
>> Thanks,
>> bolo
>>
>
> 


0
bharat3597 (1006)
10/26/2005 8:57:16 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

In Outlook I want to change view setting for ALL folders
Using Office 2003. In Outlook, I want to change the View settings for all the folders at once (e.g. Reading Pane, Auto Preview, etc.) instead of needing to change each individual folder's settings.. How can I do that? Thanks. "OscarVogel" <rtk@divecochran.com> wrote in message news:28FE3872-AC0E-4A34-AC17-41C167E5CB06@microsoft.com... > Using Office 2003. > > In Outlook, I want to change the View settings for all the folders at once > (e.g. Reading Pane, Auto Preview, etc.) instead of needing to change each > individual folder's settings.. Ho...

Timer for Queries?
Does anyone know of a macro or add-on that I could use as a simple timer for queries? I don't like to use the CPU time in the Task Manager because of it's inaccuracy when not receiving full CPU usage. THanks for any suggestions -- cmungs Exactly what are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to cause a query to run automatically every so often? If so, you will need to use the timer event on a form to do that. -- Lynn Trapp Microsoft MVP (Access) www.ltcomputerdesigns.com "cmungs" <cmungs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88EC7019-045F-4EF...

Erratic results from query criteria
I am getting different results from running the same query with the same selections. One moment it is all behaving as expected, the next it has gone haywire. (I have done what appears to me to be EXACTLY what I have done in another database, where it works perfectly every single time.) In a query I have, amongst others, the following fields: Category SubCategory Company I want to be able to select any OR ALL of the relevant fields. I have the following criteria: Like "*"&[Type Category otherwise leave blank for ALL]&"*" Like "*"&a...

Update Query ?
Is there a way to 1) Assign events when adding in data thru an update query for example if you append a bunch of data into a table could you then do some kind of an update query to say if there is an initial event and no others tag this one Renewal 1 etc.. the only real data you have to go on would be Customer A and the total amt .. the event, renewal event and the delta would all need to be added in example: Say Customer A comes in with an initial deal then Customer A renews their deal So, the data would look like when you're done.: Year Custo...

setting label width
Hello, I'm new to Visio. I'm trying to find out how to set the label width. I feel I must be over-looking the obvious, but I just can't find where to set this. The problem is that my text for the label wraps down on the next line and I want it to be all on the same line. Thanks for any help... :) Use the Text Block tool and stretch the box. The Text Block tool is the Letter "A" with an arrow around it (It is behind the Text tool (just a letter "A")) John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? h...

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

Transaction and Touchscreen Settings Change on Restart
We have a Compaq running XP that keeps losing its settings for placement when the machines restarts. For example the Transaction screen comes up with -4, -4 and a full screen setting and the Touchscreen is "hidden" under it. The settings I put on them are nowhere to be seen. Any ideas. We are running a few Dells and do not have this issue with other terminals. Thx in advance. Heather, Likely, the windows user you are logged in on does not have write access to the registry. RMS keeps its settings for the screen in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System\Store Operations\P...

Unexpected Error- Running Advance Find Query
I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

pass through query
If a combobox is populated by a pass-through query, does it requery every time the form is closed and reopened? Thanks, Sam Yes. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Sam wrote: > If a combobox is populated by a pass-through query, does it requery every > time the form is closed and reopened? > Thanks, > Sam ...

setting up live mail
I am trying to setup my cox email account in live mail but it keeps giving an error about the pop and smtp. I have talked with cox numerous times and they have given up. PLease help Please post any error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "johnD" <johnD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F810A8B0-1B54-4C75-837A-E4E716A8F34C@microsoft.com... >I am trying to setup my cox ema...

Managing Mailboxes fail
Ok so here is the story, we have three exchange servers, two backend servers withing the same administrative group with two databases a piece. We also have on front end server hosting OWA. When a user is terminated we set up mailboxes to be forwarded and or managed. As of late the management of these mailboxes have not been workin. We typically disable the users, and do not touch the actual mailboxes. Set up forwarding so all mail that hits the disabled user is forwarded to an active user (this seems to work flawlessly), when we go into outllook to attach the additional mailbox it fails, w...

a count field in a query?
Hello, I have a query in which I would like to create a field which increments by 1 for each record selected, so if there are 10 records selected by the query, this column would show numbers 1 to 10. Ideally I would like to have some text in front of each number, say invoice1, invoice2 etc. From a previous posting I realise that this is frowned upon but it would be the simplest solution for my problem! How can I do this? Thanks Geoff On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 08:54:00 +0000, Geoff Cox <<>> wrote: >Hello, > >I have a query in which I would like to create a field which >...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

Move mailbox & Exmerge
Hi All....just need to confirm or deny some information I have recieved. I know the exmerge utility when used to move all mailbox information to another database will break the single instance store, now is the same true for the move mailbox utility?...logic says it will break the single instance message store advantage but I just need this confirmed. thanks again Kevin J Wren "Kevin J Wren" <kc0jdw@earthlink.net> wrote: >I know the exmerge utility when used to move all mailbox information to >another database will break the single instance store, now is the same t...

Setting OWA as default web site in E2K3.
Hello, Q319878 explains how to make OWA on E2K or Ex5.5 the default web site so that users don't have to type the \exchange part in the URL. Is the same valid for E2K3 also? The steps are (from http://www.amset.info/exchange/owa-defaultpage.asp ): Start IIS Manager Right click on the "Default Web Site" and choose "Properties". Click on the "Home Directory" tab. Change the first option to "A redirection to a URL". Enter "/exchange" in to the box (minus quotes) Change the entry below to "A directory below URL entered". Click Appl...

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

Query query
I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest way to do this? -- Joe NewFieldName: [Charge Time] + [Charge Time 2] + [Charge Time 3] .... etc -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 > fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest > way to do this? > -- > Joe I tried this, and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm forgetting? -- Joe ...

group by query trouble
I'm trying to run a query that counts the number of people with hemoglobin of type SS, type SC, and then all others. There are about 12 different kinds of types. Basically I want a count for SS, a count for SC, and then a count that totals all the others into one count. Hopefully that makes sense. I'm using group by for the SS and SC which works great, but I'm not sure how to tell it to add up the others. I'm not a big fan of nested IIf statements, but this should work after you put in the proper field and table names: SELECT IIf([Hemoglobin]="SC","SC&...

EX55 Mailbox move error
I'm trying to move a mailbox between 5.5 postoffices, and receive an error message during the transfer. I've done various searches and can't find any mention of the error message anywhere. Anyone heard of it before? We're running EX44 on Win2K, EX SP4 on both sides. Error msg: Starts "Moving Folders belonging to our_user Ex Server information store ID No: 80040301-0501-80040301 Cheers Al police@radical-light.com ...

To Query or not to Query??
Hello all - I'm a newbe to Access but have made great progress. I'm using Acess 2003. The db is up and running prefectly. Now I need to tackle the reporting. I have seen posts about reports and queries and am a little confused. Do I need to create a query to run my reports off of? I have a tabbed subform in the main form. There are seven tabs breaking up all the services we provide. Like "Promo Items", "Leads", "Client Printed Material","Internal Print Material" and so on. The main form has the User, Branch and Marketing Rep. I need to...

Is a 7g mailbox too big?
I have a client who has an exchange 200 server that is planning on migrating to 2003, and he himself has a 7gig mailbox. The rest of the folks there have 4gig, 1.7 gig and then a hundred or so for the other 3 people. My question is, am I going to have problems migrating a 7 gig box? I've never done anything that large before and am amazed that he managed to get that much crap saved. How about ongoing? I'm trying to encourage him to delete some stuff, which he is NOT at all interested in doing. What problems might we run into on an ongoing basis with a box that large? Can I even EXMer...

Dynamic Query
Hi! I am trying to dynamically modify my pass-through query containing a procedure call with 2 parameters. When I run my access app, I get this error: "Object or provider is not capable of performing reuqested operation." Below is my access code: Dim varItem As Variant Dim strSQL As String Dim cat As ADOX.Catalog Dim cmd As ADODB.Command Dim strMyDate As String, dtMyDate As Date dtMyDate = CDate([Forms]![ySalesHistory]![Start Date]) strMyDate = Format(dtMyDate, "yyyymmdd") strSQL = "procCustomerSalesandPayments '" & s...

Copying Mailbox
I have been asked to copy a employees mailbox and keep it on our server in addition to our backup tape. The employee has put in their two week notice and their manager wants to make sure we have access to thnigs in case they decide to clean out their mail and contacts. I am running Exchange 2000. I am not sure the best way to do this, any suggestions? Thanks Eric use exmerge to make a complete copy of the mailbox to a pst file... "Eric Graham" <egraham22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e18vwZSiEHA.2704@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have been asked to copy a employees ...