Query-based list w/1 Exception - how?

I've created a query based distribtuion list which works fine yet out of the
1000 or so mailboxes it gives me I'd like to exclude 10.
Is there a way?

(Basically I have checked only "Users with Exchange mailbox")
0
FrankyM (8)

Make those 10 recipients members of a distribution group, and add the
following to the query:
(&(your current query)(!memberOf=distinguished Name of the distribution
group))

Alternatively, if there's a common value of a particular attribute like
location/city/department, et al, use that to exclude them.
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Franky M." <FrankyM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've created a query based distribtuion list which works fine yet out of
> the
> 1000 or so mailboxes it gives me I'd like to exclude 10.
> Is there a way?
>
> (Basically I have checked only "Users with Exchange mailbox")

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
2/5/2007 7:06:08 PM
ok there has to be something missing

If I have a Query-based DL that is checked only "Users with Exchange mailbox
then I can't enter a query string there.  Then if you're telling me to create
a 2nd DL with the ones I don't want to add then I can't enter the string
there.
Where do I enter the string?

HELP!

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> Make those 10 recipients members of a distribution group, and add the
> following to the query:
> (&(your current query)(!memberOf=distinguished Name of the distribution
> group))
>
> Alternatively, if there's a common value of a particular attribute like
> location/city/department, et al, use that to exclude them.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "Franky M." <FrankyM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've created a query based distribtuion list which works fine yet out of
> > the
> > 1000 or so mailboxes it gives me I'd like to exclude 10.
> > Is there a way?
> >
> > (Basically I have checked only "Users with Exchange mailbox")

0
FrankyM (8)

Compare two files and update data from another file base on words in a cell separated by commas
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhW... Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from COLB$FileB TO correspondin...

How to Printi Font List?
I want to print a list of fonts from Publisher that I can have for a resource when creating literature so that choosing the right font won't be so time consuming. Can anyone tell me how to print a font list from Publisher? I am running out of time for several projects. plzzzzzzzzz help!!! Chinastar <Chinastar@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to print a list of fonts from Publisher that I can have for a > resource when creating literature so that choosing the right font > won't be so time consuming. Can anyone tell me how to pr...

restricting user access to global e-mail list
Does anyone know a way to restrict a group of user from using Global address list, but still allow them to access other lists ...

Upgrading RMS 1.2 to 2.0 Error on 2nd point Install Store Operatio
Hello, On clicking on Install Store Operations, I am getting the following error message: "1155: File D:\SO\instmsi30.exe not found" Does anyone know what this means? ED It appears the computer is having a hard time reading the installation CD. Try cleaning it and try again - if it fails, use a different computer to copy the installation CD onto say a USB flash drive (or a networked hard drive) then try the installation again but using the usb drive - if that fails contact MS for a replacement installation CD - I think RMS users are entitled to a free one, and additional ...

Force a value into an empty query
Hi, I have a need to group a set of 4 queries into a single query. They are all very simple, short queries, being combined into a single select query. Each of the 4 returns a value against a dataset name. Dataset Value1 a 15 Dataset Value2 a 20 Dataset Value3 a 7 Dataset Value 4 a 8 So, when I combine the queries, I get the following: Dataset Value1 Value2 Value3 Value4 a 15 20 7 8 Thats great, unless one ...

Editing the investment list
Anyone who can answer this, your answer will be most appreciated. When you create transactions, each investment ultimately ends up from a list that you can choose. How can you edit this list? I have two similar entries, one of which I want to delete, and online help is not so helpful :-( Thanks, Jon Portfolio|Work with investments|Choose a specific investment??? "Jonathan Held" <jsheld@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3f733afa$1@news.microsoft.com... > Anyone who can answer this, your answer will be most appreciated. When you > create transactions, each investm...

Query on SQL Server is fast, while Access is crawling
I have a query that executes a Table-Valued Function in SQL server. If I execute it withing Query Analyzer in SQL server, it completes in 40 seconds. If I execute the same query in a pass-through query from Access, it takes over 5 minutes. I ran sp_lock to view the locking information during the execution of the query from both locations. Query Analyzer came back with around 5300 locks immediately and the number remained constant throughout query execution. When executed from Access, it would add about 100 locks every 10 seconds. It would take a very long time to get up t...

Grab a value from a label to put for critera for attached query
Let me give a little background of table/query structure. I have a query that pulls jobs due Today-now() whose frequency is for today. I have table with the following fields. Job#, Location(ie.what Plant & Floor), Room(ie. mens washroom, storage room, etc.), job Desc., Frequency, est. time, resp.. This table ties in to create a query with another table - Cleaning(when the jobs are actually carried out) Cleaningid, Date Done, Who did the job) and grabs the other fields from the other table. Here goes what I need to get: The people on the floor will have a MAP of the floor ( Form)...

Report: Two ?'s--Query returns correct info; Report returns Field
First Question: I build my Reports from queries. When I run the Query, the information which has been keyed in, ie "Joe Green," is returned, yet when I Print Preview the Report, I get the Field ID, "24," rather than "Joe Green." I changed the text box in the Report to a Combo Box and sometimes, it returns "Joe Green" and sometimes, it returns the Field ID, "24." Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Second Question: When the text boxes were just a "Text Box," the layout of the Report was correct, except for the aggravation...

In Excel, how do you move the contents of 3 cells into 1 cell?
Excel 2003: What is the formula for moving the contents of 3 cells, A1:C1, into 1 cell, E1? you could move them with code and a change event .Prolly simpler to just show them,in e1 type =concatenate(A1,B1,C1) or =A1&B1&C1.Use a " " if you want a space -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "Lillie" wrote: > Excel 2003: What is the formula for moving the contents of 3 cells, A1:C1, > into 1 cell, E1? =A1&B1&C1 if you want a space in-between =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails p...

Changing data from source tables using queries?
Hello - I have been having a frustrating time with what I think must have a simple solution: If I have an Access database with 2 tables, run a simple query and then output all the information from both tables why is it that sometimes I can manually type in new data whilst viewing the query output and other times Access just beeps at me and does not allow new data to be manually entered into the resulting query fields? Is this because primary keys are not defined or because relationships haven't been assigned? wdp On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 20:35:02 -0000, park.walter@mayo.edu wrote: >He...

Transferred contacts but doesn't show in address book list
Transferred Outlook to new computer with Windows 7 - Outlook 2007. My new outlook shows all of my "Contact" information when I goto Contacts , however it does not show contacts in my Address Book - it's blank. In Contact properties it shows Contacts on the general tab but it won't let me check the box to show Contacts as address book and the Name of Address Book box shows Contacts but is grayed out. Read any of the countless posts in this group that answer your question. If you are unwilling to use the information that's already here, then post the detail...

I'm having a problem accessing rss files w/VWD Beta 2
I'm using Visual Web Developer Beta 2 and an XMLDataSource to access RSS files. If I have an actual file address, I have no problem. If the address contains a parameter, such as HTTP://www.boston.globe/sports/baseball/redsox?mode=rss_10, I get nothing back (it's nothing particular to this address, any address with a parameter acts the same). I don't get a 404, it's like it returns nothing. Same thing happens with an XMLReader. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jim ...

query Exchange using LDP
Which attributes would I query if I wanted to return a list of users and their login time from Exchange. It's like this: In Mailbox>>Logons of a server, Exchange Manager lists Logon time and Last Access Time. How can I run a query using the resource kit application LDP, returning these values? All assistance is appreciated Savvy95 MCT, MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA You can't get that info out of AD, mailbox access info is maintained in the store on the mailbox servers, you will need to write a script that uses WMI to enumerate that information. Please see the Windows Server Cookb...

Help with formula ='1'!$H$19+'1'!$H$57
How would I go about changing or writing the formula: ='1'!$H$19+'1'!$H$57 so that the next rows are ='2'!$H$19+'2'!$H$57 ='3'!$H$19+'3'!$H$57 without copying the formula and just manually changing it on each row? Mike =indirect("'"&row(A1)&"'!H19+'"&row(A1)&"'!H57") and fill down "Mike Birney" <Mike_Birney@Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e$NaQ0UAIHA.4732@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How would I go about changing or writing the formula: > ='1'!$H$19+&...

Upgrading From Office X v.10.1.9 to Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC The upgrade to 2008 will not install. The only message I get is that 'the software failed to install. Please try again.'. Before installing I make sure that anti-virus is disabled (Symantec AV) and also that there are no apps currently open. Any thoughts. Thanks, Terry Have you possibly *moved* your Office X folder or any of its supporting files to a different location... if the installer can 't find what it's looking for it won't be able to succeed. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac &...

RMS 1.2 Database Backup
I am looking for a small batch files that backs up my POS database on a daily basis where the backup file name is the system date and time. I found a batch file backup with a fixed file name on MS Customer Source but would rather want to keep daily copies. "Gerd" <gerd.goebel@bavarian-cons.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:%23qixfi9qFHA.3736@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I am looking for a small batch files that backs up my POS database on a >daily basis where the backup file name is the system date and time. > > I found a batch file backup with a fixed file n...

List Box Multi Select problem
This is a continuation from previous thread "List Box Question" (sorry, but I didn't seem to be getting any more responses on my previous thread) I have a simple form with 2 combo boxes, a list box (multi select = extended), and a button. You select a company name in the first combo box (cboCurrentOperator) and the list box (lstWells) populates with the first companies oil wells. You then select a company name in the second combo box (cboNewOperator), click the button (cmdUpdate) and any wells selected in the list box shoul be reassigned to the new company. Thanks to kri...

6 Data Validation lists depending on 1 cell value
In have been looking over Debra Dalgleish's info (great stuff there) and the advanced newsgroups but can't seem to find an answer to my problem. I have one validation box with 6 manufacturers in it, there are then 6 other cells with data validation in which depend on the value chosen in the first cell. i.e. (in short) Maker aaa bbb ccc aaa part a part a part b bbb part b part g part f ccc part f part h part h Indirect only links to first, I think I need offset but cannot work it ...

Max recipients and Global Distribtution Lists.
Exchange 2003 enterprise, on Windows 2003 server. in Global-settings, Message Delivery, we have "recipient limit" for message set to 125. We also have a global distribution list with all accounts in it, so it has a couple thousand members. I would have SWORN that up until a week or two ago, for global distribution lists, the max recipients didn't apply. It did for personal distribution lists, but not global. We only allow certain folks to use the "Everybody" list, but we never had to make the max recipients limit exception before. So, does anybody have a clu...

Query string getting corrupted
I have an app where I use a query string, in both forms and reports, that follow the form: datefield >= #01/01/2001# and datefield <= #12/31/2002# this query string exists in many places in many modules, varying slightly. the app runs fine for a while and then suddenly we start getting error messages indicating an invalid string. my error message display corrupted string as having the <= replaced by <?. it does NOT get changed in the source, just the compiled code. I can fix it by touching the source and recompiling. this is obviously aggrivating as I have to recomil...

DAP w/ button coding
I have a DAP form that works fine in Access. But I must be missing something to get it to function properly in DAP. Essentially, I have two buttons. The first is to save the record that has just been filled in. The other is to close out the form and return to the original report. Background on the Report: Simple report indicating who is out on vacation and until when. If someone does not appear on the list and you know that person is going to be out, you click on the "Add Proxy" button and it takes you to this form. Once you have filled in the form, you have two options:...

Create a report based on information from two forms
Hi I need to create several reports which have the appearance of the forms in my database. The top half of the form/report contains information that must be on every report so I created a base report. In the top half, I have formulas which are correct. This report/form is called Students. The bottom half of the form is in reality a subform. What I've done is saved the forms as reports (using the same file name except that these names start with R for report), Then I saved the R-Student report with a new name so I can combine the information for the second half. (...

How can I get Common Control Objects 1.8 software CD?
Dear Sir/Madam: I am using MS POS 1.0, I had a problem with my USB pole display. I need Common Control Objects 1.8 software. I asked my Microsoft Certified Partner, but he did not know anything about this. My question is: where can I get the Common Control Objects 1.8 software CD? I know RMS has the "Configure Microsoft OPOS Service Objects" program under RMS folder. http://www.logiccontrols.com/web/prodCustDtech.htm#qp1 but MS POS does not have it? The following is from MS POS manual: Install the Common Control Objects 1.8 software. To obtain the Common Control Objects 1.8 soft...

Changing color of list control
I am using a CListBox control in my application. I need to change the color of scroll bars and columns. I used SetBkColor function but it changes only the bakgrount text portion and not the scroll bars of the control. Can anyone guide me how to change the color of a scroll bar of a list control. Thanks and Regards Sumit T. Marwal "Sumit T. Marwal" wrote: > I am using a CListBox control in my application. I need to change the color > of scroll bars and columns. I used SetBkColor function but it changes only > the bakgrount text portion and not the scroll bars of the ...