Query-based DL based on Group Membership

I need to create a query-based distribution list based on security group
members. Is this possible? If so, how?
0
Leni1 (29)

In news:626C54E1-41E6-416B-932A-BFFF69BDB8CA@microsoft.com,
Leni1 <Leni1@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I need to create a query-based distribution list based on security
> group members. Is this possible? If so, how?

Why not just mail-enable the security group, if you want everyone in it to
be a member of the DL anyway?

0
lanwench (7567)
12/16/2006 10:00:09 PM
In the QBDG, use the query:
(&(objectClass=user)(mailnickname=*)(memberOf=distinguishedName of Security
Group))

*can get distinguishedName of Security Group using ADSIEdit.msc or similar
tool(s).
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Leni1" <Leni1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to create a query-based distribution list based on security group
> members. Is this possible? If so, how?

0
bharat3597 (1006)
12/16/2006 11:23:22 PM
This query does not seem to work. I got the distinguished name correct, but
it's no listing anyone in the preview. What could be wrong?

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> In the QBDG, use the query:
> (&(objectClass=user)(mailnickname=*)(memberOf=distinguishedName of Security
> Group))
>
> *can get distinguishedName of Security Group using ADSIEdit.msc or similar
> tool(s).
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "Leni1" <Leni1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I need to create a query-based distribution list based on security group
> > members. Is this possible? If so, how?

0
Leni1 (29)

Limiting formulas based on filtering?
Is there an easy way to build a formula that will only take values into consideration when the auto format is used. So, if I have a table of data and a formula based on this table and I filter one of my data columns to some vause then I would like my formula to automatically update. Is this possible? Thank you, CH The SUBTOTAL function ignores rows that are hidden by an autofilter (and optionally, also rows that were hidden manually). It can perform a wide range of operations, including sums, averages, counts, standard deviations, products, maximums, minimums, etc. Check E...

Exchange delegation using group doesn't work?
Hi, I am running Exch 2k3 SP1 in Windows SBS 2003. I tried to delegate Exch to user. What I did: I created a group called: Junior Admins I delegate at the Exchange top level the Junior Admins group to be Exch Full Admin. I assigned user: Sam to Junior Admins I use AdminPak.msi for Sam to control Exchange from her PC. Sam can get ESE on her PC (mmc), but can't open the server folder due the rights. I've also assigned Sam in the local administrator of that workstation. Things work if I assign Sam directly in the Delegation Control from ESE. How can I delegate control via group? ...

Show All Groups in 2007
I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe it's not available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always "Show All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the navigation pane and activate all the time? I prefer to see all my objects at once. Thanks for any help. Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose: All Objects. To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the Nav Pane, and choose: Category | Object Type -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, W...

Change cell background color based on content that results from li
This could be very simple, but I will lay the groundwork first. I have a schedule spreadsheet that I import data to from a web based program. There are existing filters to remove all formatting of the data and remove that which we do not use. What remains is a non formatted sheet that other workbooks link to so we can produce daily sheets. Now the data that is linked on the other sheets may be for example the number 150. It appears throughout the sheet and I would like to color any cell that contains the number 150. The problem is I can't search for 150 because it reall...

Category Group
How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined category groups? In microsoft.public.money, Mark wrote: >How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined >category groups? See FAQ available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ for information. Plus it was not desirable to post twice. "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74a201c3e76e$8c5a8ff0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can we add new category group or modify pre-defined > category groups? I asked a question about Category Groups not too long ago. Here was Dick Watson...

create xml document based from schema
I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="NewsArticle"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" /> <xs:element name="Body" type="xs:string" />...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

Reports based on groups
I am using access 2007 and need to create individual reports for a number of different client records so I can export them to email to the clients. The number and names of clients vary each month so I want to write either a macro or module or something such that it will automatically generate the reports each month. Thoughts? ...

Query emails coming to a specific domain
Hello; We have about 5 domains on our exchange server that we receive email from. We are in the process of not renewing one of our domains but would like to check to see if email from that domain is still coming through. Is there any way to do that? I tried the Message Tracking Center with the *.domain.com but it didn't like that. It wanted a specific user. Thanks Check SMTP logs as well. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <nospam@newsgroup.com> wrote in message news:...

How do I filter rows based upon a column value
I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple agency id's in a column. When generating reports, I would like to filter per agency and display only the rows associated with that agency. Is there a tutorial or sample on how to do this? Hi It sounds like you are looking for Data / Filter / AutoFilter. Have a look here for some basics: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html -- Andy. "Jack" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eqiU08TVEHA.2988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple agency id's in a column. When > generati...

New Exchange Routing Group in child domain / site
I have just finished installing a child domain (leaf node) and installing a exchange server for that new domain. First problem I had was that when my email was coming in via the main domain it was sending some of the public folder emails over to the sub domain (witch I had not configured for public folders) So I placed each domain in its own routing group, created a routing connect (both ways) pointing at each other as well as SMTP Connectors with * and cost of 1 (all default settings in each location / routing group. These server will be split via a T1 and both will receive email (ma...

Comparing cell values then labeling them based on comparision
Hi. I'm trying to find a function or way to compare two cells and then label them according to if one cell is lesser, greater, or the same as the other. I have a large data sheet where I want to compare many pairs of cells and then have them labeled in this way. For example for each pair where the second cell value is larger than the first it would put greater, where the first is larger it would be lesser, etc. Can anybody help me with this? also feel free to email me at andrew@metiri.com. Thanks so much for your help. > Hi. I'm trying to find a function or way to compar...

query to make a list of products based on delivery history
I have a table which lists all deliveries made of our product. From this table, I'd like to make a list of all products. My problem is the products will have many duplicates as they can be ordered multiple times and I just want a list showing all the individual products that we offer. -- TIA Try something like: SELECT DISTINCT [our product] FROM [which list all deliveries made]; If you can't figure this out, come back with table and field names. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Def...

importing excel spreadsheets into web-based applications
How do you automate importing data from an excel spreadsheet into a web-based applications. For example, a form on the web has fields for name, address, phone, email, etc. (some of the fields are required, some optional) and you have a spreadsheet with information for a 100 different people (or even 1 person), how do you fill in all the fields at once without having to cut and paste each field for each person. ...

Update Query based on Current Recordset
I have a continuous form with filtered records. I want to run an update query on a field in a table based on the current filtered records on the form. What code would I use to accomplish this task? Any help appreciated in getting me started. NEWER USER, Without a wee bit more information, like what are you trying to update, field names, table names, do you want this attached to a button or an event, etc... The best I can do is... UPDATE SomeTable SET SomeTable.SomeField= WhateverValue WHERE (((SomeTable.SomeOtherFied)=WhateverValue)); Of course, the above would be an ...

Programmatically adding function to copy all incoming mail to public folder (based on sender domain)
Hi all. I would like to be able to (from any client) execute a script (vbs, exe, whatever) that creates a public folder. That's should be pretty easy. The tricky part is that I want the same script to create a rule (?) on the Exchange server that copies all incoming mail from a specific sender domain to that new public folder. Hmm... Let us assume that I have the sufficient credentials for this action hardcoded in the script.. does anyone have a good idea how to do that. I am creating an interface in our ERP software that should be able to see mail correspondance horizontically accross ...

IIF Query for Numeric Values in Text Field
I’m attempting to flag interest rate spread errors and omissions in a file from a sales database using IIF statements I adapted from another database (I’m a novice at this). The field I’m querying is text format and contains both alpha and numeric values. When I test for a null value the IIF works fine, but when I test for a numeric value I get an #ERROR. Spread Error1: IIf(([Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread Is Null),1,0) Spread Error2: IIf(([CCC Fall 2007 Eligible Products]![IB/NIB]="NIB" And [Tbl 1 Eligible Closed Deposit Opps Appended]!Spread<4),1,0...

Group/Category Permissions
We user MS Project Professional 2007 and Project Server 2007 in IT, and most IT staff have unlimited access to all projects. We also want to encourage non-IT power users to use Project and Project Server as well, but on a limited basis. I want to give those people the following permissions: (1) 'View Only' access to *all* projects (2) 'Edit' access to projects which they own or are a resource in (3) Restricted from using IT Resources in projects I pretty much have (2) covered with Groups/Categories, but I'm not sure how to affect (1) and (3). ...

Group policy dialog box
How do I open a Grpoup Policy dialog box? Anyone ever hear of such a thing? If you have to ask that question, your problem (whatever it may be) is NOT being caused by Group Policy. bandi wrote: > How do I open a Grpoup Policy dialog box? Anyone ever hear of such a > thing? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > How do I open a Grpoup Policy dialog box? Anyone ever hear of such a > thing? > > XP Home: impossible XP Prof: RUN gpedit.msc Bernd ...

Internet mail and forwarding to a DL with all Custom Recipients
I have a mailbox that receives e-mails from the Internet. I want to deliver to that mailbox and also a distribution list made up of Custom Receipients (text messaging pagers and cell phones). If the originator of the message is internal, the distribution list gets the message. If the originator is from the Internet, the message cannot be delivered. Errors below with names changed... Sender receives: Friendly Name on Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:48:16 -0500 A restriction in the system prevented delivery of the message. The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=us;a= ;p=our domain e;l=MAIL040928...

Global address book groups
Hello, We are running Exchange 2003 sp2. We renamed some of our Global address book groups but the global address book still shows old names. Active directory shows the new names and replication cycled many times since groups were renamed. Any idea to resolve this issue or should we recreate these groups? Thank you. I forgot to mention that I am not running outlook in cached mode and the changes were made more than 2 days ago. "Raul" <amigo@nospamPlz.com> wrote in message news:#TCSjksxKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > We are runn...

Insert query with two left outer joins gives "Record is Deleted" m
Hi, I have built an insert query to combine data from 3 tables into one table based on a key value (RA_ID) on a form. Two of the from tables may or may not have data associated with the main from table. So I have coded the select from statement using left outer joins. When I run the query with a row in the first child table but not in the second it works fine but when I run the query with a key value that exists in the 2nd child table but not in the first I get a message saying "record is deleted". Anybody have any ideas what is causing this? Here is the query......... ...

Basic grouping
hello, I want a basic report with 2 groups of date ranges. The query is simple with no where clause. I have a detail row with grouping properties: "old records "with date range which displays fine. How do I get a second group to display with "new records" with a another date range. Thanks for any help you can provide. Hi Perhaps using UNION ALL? "new2SSRS" <new2SSRS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:626680BB-2574-40BB-95D8-753CFB004238@microsoft.com... > hello, I want a basic report with 2 groups of date ranges. The ...

Getting Rid of [GROUP] ??
I am importing data from a text file and reducing it down to 2 columns; one with names, one with numeric values. I save the file as an Excel workbook and then proceed to edit the data. This editing involves sorting, performing some deletions, re-sorting, etc. Sometimes for a reason entirely unknown to me, the term [GROUP] appears at the end of the file name. When [GROUP] is invoked, I can't sort the data. What causes the status of my file to change to [GROUP] and how do I get the file back to a 'normal' Excel worksheet (so that I can perform sorting on the data)? It ma...

Search records with dates, then Group by month
I'm writing a macro that searches a spreadsheet for dates. I want to find records that are associated with a certain month. The dates in the spreadsheet are in the mmddyyyy format. How can I write code that would recognize any date within a given month and return true. For example, 7/12/2007 or 7/2/2007 would both return "true" for the month of July. 5/5/2007 or 5/27/2007 would return "true" for May, etc. thanks You could use the Autofilter to give you a LessthanGreaterthan range. Otherwise, keying just on Months, you would get May06, May07, etc if your datab...