Q: Rules limit

There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298)
Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users?
For me already three users have addressed with such requests :-
Thanks
Alexander Kenin
0
anonymous (74722)

This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC
packet.

"Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298).
> Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users?
> For me already three users have addressed with such requests :-)
> Thanks,
> Alexander Kenin

0
shamusnc1 (17)
5/21/2004 11:06:47 AM
Kenin Alexander <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298).
>Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users?
>For me already three users have addressed with such requests :-)
>Thanks,
>Alexander Kenin

Unfortunately not. The 32K limit is not ammendable.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)

email size limit
Hi, I set the email attachment size limit > 5mb on 3 places, like globe..smtp connector and smtp virtual server on exchange 2003. for some reasons, I still cant receive anything > 5mb. any ideas...? please help! thanks -- al What the maximun mail size limit you set in Exchange Sysntem Manager? What is the mail you are testing to send large? You must to know if you send a mail with 4MB attachment file, in Exchange db the ame items can be more large until 30% 40% of original wtk ha scritto: > Hi, > > I set the email attachment size limit > 5mb on 3 places, like gl...

=?Utf-8?Q?Hvordan_=C3=A5bnes_en_csv-fil_i_excel?= =?Utf-8?Q?_2007_=28Office_til_hjemmet_og_stu?= =?Utf-8?Q?di?=
Mit blodtryksapparat leverer data i form af en csv-fil. I min tidligere udgave af Excel (2000) gav det ikke problemer (heller ikke i OpenOffice); men i Excel 2007 åbnes filen i én kolonne - dvs. jeg får ikke oplysningerne fordelt ud i regnearket, så de kan bruges til beregninger af fx gennemsnit. Davs JCTC! Klikk på "Data" Velg ikonet "Fra Tekst" på venstresiden. Du må finne frem til .csv-filen på harddisken. En Wizard som kalles "Text import wizard" kommer frem. Velg "Delimited" og trykk neste. Velg "C...

Rules #49
Sorry for the cross post Has MS screwed up Rules or is it me? I have been using MS Outlook in many different flavors: 95, 97, 98, 2000, XP, and now 2003. I have several PCs retrieving the same .PST file from a shared folder. Up until Outlook 2003, this configuration worked fine. It still does, except for Rules. They work on one PC, then fail on another. Setting "on this machine" seems to make thing worst. With a simple test, I have two logins on an XP Pro SP2 PC. They both point to the same .PST file on a shared folder on another PC. Reading, sending email, and all the other...

Another Synchornizing Subforms Q
Okay I have a main form with 2 continous subforms. Subform1 - sbfmClientSearch with a wildcard search by client field. I type "Toy" I get every client that contains this text. I placed a check box so I can select the exact client I want to see details in Subform2. Subform2 - sbfmCustDetail I'm still struggling with the check box and linking the master/child fields. Is this possible? Any suggestions. Create an invisible (visible for testing) TextBox on the MainForm. Set the ControlSource to SubFormControl1Name.FORM.IDControlOnThisForm The ID should be availabl...

Outlook Rules: possible to use 'AND' operator?
In Outlook 2003, I can't find a way to use the 'and' operator when setting up a rule. For example, if I create a rule that moves messages with specific words in the subject, Outlook inserts the 'or' operator in between each word that I add. Is there a way to use 'and' instead? Thanks... As far as I know, no. "D.P. Roberts" <fakeaddress@fake.com> wrote in message news:es6$wwuuFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In Outlook 2003, I can't find a way to use the 'and' operator when setting > up a rule. For example, if I create a rule...

q-q plots
I originally posted this in the excel.misc group but received no replies. I then found this group and it makes more sense to post here (I hope)... Is there anyone who can tell me please how to make quantile-quantile plots in excel? I have two sets of data (one with 500 records, one with 300) and I want to make a q-q plot of them. I am not sure how to handle data sets that do not have equal numbers of records. Thanks Chris Inquirer, Here's a site that might help. It notes that the sample sizes do not need to be the same: http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/eda/section3/qqplot.ht...

help!! Re: out of office, and auto forward rule
At my company I have 2 email address in which I have to log on to the system with a different log -in and password to access that email. For instance, I have a "jobs" email address to which all applicants send their resumes to, and then I have my personal work email address. In order for me to see the "jobs" email, I have to log off my regular email, and login to the "jobs" application. I have tried using an auto forward rule to send all emails that come to the "jobs" address to go to my personal email but that sends the sender an auto offic...

=?Utf-8?Q?Identify_Label_=E2=80=94_More_than_one_c?= =?Utf-8?Q?ell_with_label?=
I have a user who gets this dialog whenever she tries to modify a formula. She wants to multiply an existing formula by the value that is in cell AV5. However, when she activates the formula bar, then types an asterisk and an A (intending, obviously, to continue to type "...V5", the Identify Label dialog immediately pops up and says there is more than one cell with this label. It shows an "a" (without the quotes). It asks the user to select the cell containing the label to use. If she types in AV5, she gets a message saying "That cell does not contain a vali...

Rules leaves same mail in two folders
Hi, I try to sort my mail by making rules for sorting. However, sometimes, if two rules are applied to one message, it seems to leave a copy in each place where it's sorted. How do I avoid that? Regards -- Lars Forslin http://www.connect.to/forslin "Doing time on Earth" ************************** ...

Outlook Rules not working with new Exchange Server
We recently (last week) upgraded our Exchange 5.5 server with a new machine running Exchange 2003. Since that change, a few clients who use Outlook Rules to forward messages to other email addresses have noticed that those messages are no longer being delivered. We have clients using Outlook 2000 and some using 2003 - it doesn't seem to matter which version of Outlook that's being used. The rules work just fine for placing specific messages into specific folders, but anytime that a message is supposed to be forwarded to an outside email address, it is never delivered. Any ide...

Working Around 240 Character PRN Field Width Limit
I have a working copy of a load file that I have built in Excel. There are 13 columns of data and the sum of the column widths is 251 characters. The last column (120 characters in width) is being dropped from text-view when the PRN is being saved. Is there a way to save the Excel file as a txt file and have it "honor" the spaces between characters? I've tried concatenation of the 13 columns but the spaces "go away" in Excel. I researched on here and found a SCARY macro that I have absolutely no skills to interpret or apply. The macro was to addr...

Q-q plot in Excel
Hi there, Just wondering if there's any way you can graph a quantile quantile plot in Excel? Any help is appreciated alohomora1234 - > Hi there, Just wondering if there's any way you can graph a quantile > quantile plot in Excel? Any help is appreciated < There's a somewhat-related approach in this five-page paper that might give you some ideas: http://www.usfca.edu/~middleton/demand.pdf The first few pages discuss some perhaps-relevant Excel features. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

New Install Q
Since this group is near extinction here, I thought I would ask my final question... I finally bought a new boxed version of money deluxe on EBay. My online updating will expire soon. Is there an easy way to upgrade my license from the newly purchased disc or do I need to reinstall? Thanks for any reply & thanks for all the past help. Scott In microsoft.public.money, ScottW wrote: >Since this group is near extinction here, I thought I would ask my final >question... http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/money/threads will be available. >I finally b...

Out of Office Rule
I know I need Microsoft Exchange to use the Out of Office Assistant. But I don't have Microsoft Exchange, can you please tell me how to create a rule in Microsoft Outlook 2002 that will give an auto reply to a sender that states I am out of the office? If you don't connect to an Exchange server, there is no automatic out of office autoreply. You'd have to spoof it with rules, and note that this means leaving Outlook open, and connected to the internet, for the duration of your absence. See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/index.htm for help. diane wrote: > I know I need Mi...

=?Utf-8?Q?Can_I_Change_to_foreign_currency?= =?Utf-8?Q?_in_Microsoft_Dynamics_=E2=80=93_POS_2.0?= =?Utf-8?Q?=3F?=
Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to know if it is possible to change the default US dollar currency? Also if it is possible to add three decimal places for selling price? Thanks in advance As a US only release, POS 2.0 doesn't support changing the default currency. Three decimal price is supported as an item option. - Jeff "Ba6a6y" <Ba6a6y@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1027D294-80EB-4C27-8FAD-42B8CF38801A@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to > know ...

Rules don't run automatically #2
I have a few rules set up that were working but have stopped for some unknown reason. No new installations/upgrades have been done recently. I can see the rules in the wizard and can run them manually from the rules wizard and they do work when I do click on "Run Now". But they don't run automatically when a new message arrives. What is wrong? Thanks, BW Same problem. I've been using Outlook for 3 years and have NEVER managed to get the rules option to 'turn on' in spite of following the instructions to the letter... ------------------------------------------...

=?Utf-8?Q?De_que_forma_puedo_colocar_auten?= =?Utf-8?Q?ticaci=C3=B3n_sobre_los_buzones_cuand?= =?Utf-8?Q?o_se_crea_un_perfil_nuevo_desde_?= =?Utf-8?Q?su_creaci=C3=B3n=3F?=
Cualqueir usuario que conozca el nombre del correo y la lista de usuarios puede crear un perfil nuevo y abrir el outlook con el buzón de cualquier usuario, de que forma puedo colocar autenticación para la creación de perfiles en los usuarios. ...

Rules Troubleshooting?
I am trying to create a rule that will block messages containing the Swen Virus. The way I am trying to do it is by creating a rule that checks the email after it's downloading for keywords in the subject line. However, once i've created the rule it says "you dont have appropriate permission to perform this operation" Does anyone know how to resolve this problem or what could be causing it I too have been messing around with a rule to remove these Swen virus messages. I figured out that they are either 104 or 113 KB so I set up a rule to remove e-mails of these sizes b...

[Q] A breakpoint problem in multithread programming
Hello. In VC++, I am doing multithread programming. I puts some breakpoints into codes of each thread and traces the codes. However, I encounter a significant problem. After running the debugger by using F5, the debugger is jumped to the breakpoint and the codes are somewhat traced without any problem. However, the debugger does not have any response suddenly and moreover the VC++ is never controlled by the task manager. This situation is incurred when I step into a fuction by using F11 or step over the next statement by using F10. Due to this situation, I shutdown my computer by using the po...

More Q: on combo boxes
Hi, In a form, I had a combo box which selecting CLIENT_ID would trigger a report with said client info base on the following expression: DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, , " [CLIENT_ID] = " & Me!Combo25.Column(0) Me!Combo25 = "" I now need the combo to look at two parameters: CLIENT_ID and STATUS_ID before passing the info to the report. I added STATUS_ID in the combo query and a second column so that CLIENT_ID and STATUS_NAME can be displayed. (Select CLIENT_ID, STATUS_NAME, STATUS_ID..) I'd imagine I need to do the following?: DoCmd....

Create rule only works once
In outlook 2003, some email I want gets automatically place in the deleted file. I create a rule for the sender to place it in the inbox. The next time the mail goes to the inbox, but then it reverts to the deleted file and I have to repeat the create rule. This goes on and on. Is there a way to make create a rule permanent? ...

Outlook 2003 rules add-in to overcome 32k limit
I migrated a few months ago from using Outlook as a standalone client to using it with an Exchange server. I had to remove over half of my rules because of the 32k characters limit for rules. I have put up with manual sorting of email for too long now. Are there any good add-ins that overcome this 32k limit. I don't care if all the rules have to run on client-side. The main functionality I am looking for is moving messages to other folders based on sender, receiver, or subject text. Is this 32k limit removed or extended in Outlook 2007. > Is this 32k limit removed or exte...

Mortgage setup Q for 2006
Okay, I've had mortgages in the past but this one is different than past mortgages (no Escrow). What's the best way to setup the following mortgage in MM2006? Principle/Interest payment only I pay Taxes on my own so I'll need a separate account for that and will probably transfer the money into savings or a CD since taxes aren't due right away. The Home Owners Insurance I pay out of pocket too. The first year has been paid for out of closing costs, but in 2005 I will have to pay for it. I had about $3000 in Earnest Money that I just stuck in House/Downpayment catego...

'Cannot move to folder...' rule error
My rules stopped working. When I go to run them manually, I get a 'Cannot move to folder X...' error. Doesn't say WHY I can't move it, though. Any idea what might be causing this? -Darrel -- ================================================================= Win prizes searching google: http://www.blingo.com/friends?ref=hM72-GU3FWzMFnTqhv-2GE1FNtA ...

Rules Work But No Notification
My rules all work but I don't get notified when a new email comes in unless it just goes into my Inbox. I think this used to work but never paid much attention. Hope this makes sense. Office 2007, no Exchange. -- DrDOS "DrDOS" <dcal53@comcast.net> wrote in message news:90F003E0-3ABB-4168-BD29-FCD02908B949@microsoft.com... > My rules all work but I don't get notified when a new email comes in unless > it just goes into my Inbox. I think this used to work but never paid much > attention. Hope this makes sense. Office 2007, no Exchange. ...