Q on MSExchange.org 'Hosting Multiple SMTP Domains on Exchange 2000"

Hi,

Exchange 2K
Following the example in the article, if I add 456.com to the default
recipient policy, then a user who is currently tom.jones@123.com is
also going to get mail for tom.jones@456.com, is that right? If so,
what if there is another Tom Jones at 456.com and you want *him* to
receive it?

Even just to avoid confusion, I would rather my primary domain users
not also have addresses for the other 3 domains we host.

Do the other SMTP addresses have to be in the default policy or could
they be in another, filtered one?

Thanks,

Peter

You can create a separate Recipient Policy that uses a different filter and
only includes the users that you want to see get stamped with email
addresses from the other domain (456.com).
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Peter Kaufman" <expat_th-usenet@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Exchange 2K
> Following the example in the article, if I add 456.com to the default
> recipient policy, then a user who is currently tom.jones@123.com is
> also going to get mail for tom.jones@456.com, is that right? If so,
> what if there is another Tom Jones at 456.com and you want *him* to
> receive it?
>
> Even just to avoid confusion, I would rather my primary domain users
> not also have addresses for the other 3 domains we host.
>
> Do the other SMTP addresses have to be in the default policy or could
> they be in another, filtered one?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

=?Utf-8?Q?Hvordan_=C3=A5bnes_en_csv-fil_i_excel?= =?Utf-8?Q?_2007_=28Office_til_hjemmet_og_stu?= =?Utf-8?Q?di?=
Mit blodtryksapparat leverer data i form af en csv-fil. I min tidligere udgave af Excel (2000) gav det ikke problemer (heller ikke i OpenOffice); men i Excel 2007 åbnes filen i én kolonne - dvs. jeg får ikke oplysningerne fordelt ud i regnearket, så de kan bruges til beregninger af fx gennemsnit. Davs JCTC! Klikk på "Data" Velg ikonet "Fra Tekst" på venstresiden. Du må finne frem til .csv-filen på harddisken. En Wizard som kalles "Text import wizard" kommer frem. Velg "Delimited" og trykk neste. Velg "C...

Exchange Standard/Enterprise
OK I'll admit I screwed up. I ordered the software before going to training and the sales guy did not inform me that there are two versions of Exchange with on very big difference. Anyhow I've spent a few weeks now getting Exchange standard all setup and I do not want to loss everything since i need to be on exchange enterpirse. Does any one know what the recommended procudure would be to go from standard to enterprise? Thanks Rp Just put in the enterprise Edition and run the re-install. Also, you would need to reapply any service packs or fixes. -- Ward Flowers Exchange Suppo...

Sum multiple vlookup returns across multiple columns
Hi All, I need to sum the results of all occurences of 'Brand A' across 4 categories; $, QTY, $YA, QTY YA table would look like this: A B C D E Brand $ Qty $YA QtyYA Brand1 10 2 20 4 Brand2 45 45 10 12 Brand1 20 4 10 4 I need a formula in a cell that sums Brand1 by $ (should=30), A seperate cell should read by Qty (should=6) etc, etc, I was certain that I had done this before with sumproduct, but using the same formula isn't working. Also I seem to re...

NTBackup can't see Exchange object
I just installed a new (fresh install of OS as well) Exchange server (single node cluster) to my organization. I'm able to move mailboxes, send/receive messages from this new server. However, the problem is that NTBackup doesn't show the IS object to back up this server. I've tried BackupExec and I have the same issue (yes, I do have the BE Exchange agent). Any suggestions or ideas as to why this is happening? Running NTBackup from Exchange server or remotely from another computer? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog --...

Another Synchornizing Subforms Q
Okay I have a main form with 2 continous subforms. Subform1 - sbfmClientSearch with a wildcard search by client field. I type "Toy" I get every client that contains this text. I placed a check box so I can select the exact client I want to see details in Subform2. Subform2 - sbfmCustDetail I'm still struggling with the check box and linking the master/child fields. Is this possible? Any suggestions. Create an invisible (visible for testing) TextBox on the MainForm. Set the ControlSource to SubFormControl1Name.FORM.IDControlOnThisForm The ID should be availabl...

Backing/Restoring up Exchange 2003
When you backup Exchange 2003, do you just backup the Information Store and tha't it? We currently use Backup Exec by Veritas. To run a Disaster Recovery what would I need to do rebuild Exchnage 2003 with this backup? Thanks You cannot implement a true disaster recovery plan if you don't document yourself :-) "Exchange Server 2003 Disaster Recovery Operations Guide" http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=A58F49C5-1190-4FBF-AEDE-007A8F366B0E&displaylang=en "Exchange 2003 Disaster recovery articles" http://weblogs.asp.net/eileen_brown/arc...

Invalid sender domain
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Boat Sent: 4/17/2006 11:19 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Fahlahas@Surgv.com' on 4/17/2006 11:19 AM 554 Fahlahas@Surgv.com: Recipient address rejected: invalid sender domain It does not look as though their DNS is setup correctly. Nue "Dan Klinge" <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote in message news:%23F1Wg0kYGHA.1352@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. > > Subject: RE: Boat > > Sent: 4/17...

How to configure Exchange Account without MLCFG32.cpl
Dear Team We are using Softgrid and using MS Office in virtualization environment. Every application is working fine but we are Facing some problem in configuring Exchange Account. POP accounts are working fine in Virtual environment but when we try to configure Exchange it ask user to configure via Control panel. User is supposed to click on MAIL icon which is evoked by MLCFG32.cpl. In our network user is restricted to access the Control Panel and until we install Outlook locally that Mail icon (mlcfg32.cpl) in CP will not be generated. Is there any way to configure EXCH...

Multiple Chart Ranges
I have a ten year monthly bar chart that shows all of January together, February together, etc. I would like to add a secondary axis marker on these bars with data from another data range. Does anyone know how this can be done? Creating the chart from a pivot table does not work well because it does not color code by year. ...

Setting up Outlook for multiple users on the same computer.
Hi were using outlook on a pc running xp and two seperate users. One user can read email with no problem and the other can't log on to Outlook. Are there any settings that I may have missed? We always used Outlook Express and switched so this is kinda new to us and any help is appreciated, thanks. What happens when the second user tries to open Outlook? Is he opening it from a shortcut? Where is the shortcut? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ...

High CPU usage in Exchange 2000
Hello Last few days, we're having a high CPU usage (from 48 to 55%) on our company Exchange 2000 Server (running on Win2k Srv). It's strange ,becasue the only process that is viewed from Task Manager that is always high is 'System Idle Process' I checked with Process Explorer and find out, that 'below' System Idle Process' there is 'Interrupts' that is using about 50% of CPU (all day, also during night). I disabled all anti-virus and anti-spam services, restarted exchange services, also restarted server during the night. In the morning the CPU usage...

Entourage 2008 and Exchange 2007 Connection Migration

Printing Multiple Copies
I have an HP LaserJet 1320. I want to print 100 copies of a one page document. I put 100 in the print dialogue box, but it only prints 1. Please help. Where did you put the 100? Running the following macro however should do it if for some reason, your printer will not do as it is being told by the Print Dialog: Dim i As Long For i = 1 To 100 ActiveDocument.PrintOut Next i -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Alice W." <Alice W.@di...

Exchange 2003 OWA problem
Hi I have a problem with some users trying to access their mailboxes via OWA. I have 3 AG with 2 Exchange servers in each. Users on Server1 in AG1 can access their mail with OWA, but a user on Server2 in AG1 can't. They get a page display error. I have RG connectors for these AGs Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. I also use a SSL certificate for the OWA site. All access the page as https://Server1/Exchange/ then enter their username/password. I use forms based authentication. If the user is hosted on Server1 they get their mailbox, if the user is on server2, they get a page canno...

Searching for emails in Exchange
Is there any way to search exchange for an email with the subject XXXXXX. I would like to search for an email messaged which is causing problems. I would like to also search all messages in a certain storage group. Thanks By Subject: Exmerge. On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:03:02 -0800, St. Pauls <StPauls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there any way to search exchange for an email with the subject XXXXXX. I >would like to search for an email messaged which is causing problems. I >would like to also search all messages in a certain storage group. > >Thanks >...

Can we restrict one user to send and receive email from only one external domain, but all internal addresses
We had a request to restrict internet email usage for a single user but allow internal email both incoming and outgoing. We did this using a non-internet routable email address for this user and restricted them from using the outgoing smtp connector. We now have a request to allow this user to still use internal email but add one external domain to send and receive to. Is this possible ? Thank you, Ken It is possible with Ex2k7 Transport Rules. For Ex2k3, you need to add an SMTP event sink program to the incoming and outgoing SMTP VS to filter his emails. http://support.microsoft...

Multiple Opportunity Types
Our business has 2 different types of customers, which are completely different than one another. We modified the Account entity for one customer type, and created a custom entity for the other. My quesiton is, how can I link the opportunity to a custom entity (i.e. the way it's done for accounts)? Or is this just not possible? Hi, I'm curious if you found a solution for this. We are trying to do the same thing. Thanks! blabore wrote: > Our business has 2 different types of customers, which are completely > different than one another. We modified the Account entity for ...

Cannot turn off select multiple items in Windows
We have Windows XP workstations running on a Windows Server 2003 domain. Sometimes, when a user clicks on a file in a folder, then clicks on another file in that same folder, all items in between the two get selected. The Shift key is not being pressed though. How do I turn this off? Up till now, all I can figure out is to logoff and login again. Anthony Fontana wrote: > We have Windows XP workstations running on a Windows Server 2003 > domain. Sometimes, when a user clicks on a file in a folder, then > clicks on another file in that same folder, all items in b...

Does anyone know how to assign tasks to multiple individuals?
We use organizational boxes and have ocassion to send tasks out to other org boxes (6 usually). The problem is that you (apparently) lose the ability to track individually when you do this. Does anyone have any ideas, other than assigning 6 separate tasks (1 for each org box...). Thanks! ...

Outlook Exchange and pop3 relay problem
I have a problem, I have an exchange server working internaly through outlook and pop3 accounts working directly to the outside pop3 server from outlook. When I try sending mail to multiple users of which some are internal and some external the program sends all the messages through the external pop3 account. Even though I have the exchange server set as my default account, when I send a message to an exchange user, forwarded from a recieved message through pop3 it also sends the message through pop3 overriding the default settings. My question is: Is there any way of setting the progr...

q-q plots
I originally posted this in the excel.misc group but received no replies. I then found this group and it makes more sense to post here (I hope)... Is there anyone who can tell me please how to make quantile-quantile plots in excel? I have two sets of data (one with 500 records, one with 300) and I want to make a q-q plot of them. I am not sure how to handle data sets that do not have equal numbers of records. Thanks Chris Inquirer, Here's a site that might help. It notes that the sample sizes do not need to be the same: http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/eda/section3/qqplot.ht...

how do I attach multiple Word documents?
I need to attach multiple Word documents into one large document. Many have different headers, so I can't just copy the text into one master document. Would appreciate any help on this. Before you Insert Text (2007: Insert > Object > Text from File), be sure each document you're including has a Section Break New Page both before and after it. After you've built your document, go through the headers/footers to be sure the page nos. are sequenced as you want them. Or use the "boilerplate" macro devised by MVP Graham Mayor. On Feb 10, 10:43=A0am, El...

host lookup did not complete: retry timeout exceeded
When I get this error message after sending an email "host lookup did not complete: retry timeout exceeded" where is the error? Is it at my ISP? Is it in my Outlook? Is it on the recipient's ISP thanks, bob -- ----------------------------------------------------------------- Bob Hatcher are you running with exchange server? which outlook version are you using ? it's an smtp/isp problem, but I've never seen outlook reporting it in this way! N "Bob H" <rvha@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uASjJOjzDHA.3416@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > When I get...

exchange w2k3 Child domain
I have an exchange 2003 server correctly working with my master domain. I recentrly added a new child domain, and I want Exchange to manage mails for the new domain. How could I do ? A. Grasso You need to run the Exchange setup.exe program with the /domainprep switch in the child domain and then configure a Recipient Update Service for the child domain. Your users in the child domain can then use the Exchange server in the root domain. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Rod" <camino.april@tiscali.it> wr...

=?Utf-8?Q?Identify_Label_=E2=80=94_More_than_one_c?= =?Utf-8?Q?ell_with_label?=
I have a user who gets this dialog whenever she tries to modify a formula. She wants to multiply an existing formula by the value that is in cell AV5. However, when she activates the formula bar, then types an asterisk and an A (intending, obviously, to continue to type "...V5", the Identify Label dialog immediately pops up and says there is more than one cell with this label. It shows an "a" (without the quotes). It asks the user to select the cell containing the label to use. If she types in AV5, she gets a message saying "That cell does not contain a vali...