Purging Junk Email

Hi.  The problem is that for the most part, my users don't purge their
junk on their own and it just keeps builing up and it is stating to
take up way too much space on my exchange server.  I need to know if
there is a way of automatically purging my users' Junk E-mail Folders
every week on the server side (Excahnge) as oppsed to the client side
(Outlook).

0
e4ymod (3)

Yes, use Mailbox Manager its a very nice tool to keep your Exchange
Mailboxes clean.  See

John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
Microsoft Certified Partner

"Otto Hernandez" <e4ymod@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.  The problem is that for the most part, my users don't purge their
> junk on their own and it just keeps builing up and it is stating to
> take up way too much space on my exchange server.  I need to know if
> there is a way of automatically purging my users' Junk E-mail Folders
> every week on the server side (Excahnge) as oppsed to the client side
> (Outlook).

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
12/27/2004 9:28:48 PM
"Otto  Hernandez" <e4ymod@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi.  The problem is that for the most part, my users don't purge their
>junk on their own and it just keeps builing up and it is stating to
>take up way too much space on my exchange server.

Limit the size of the mailboxes. They'll get the idea.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Bob

> "Otto  Hernandez" <e4ymod@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi.  The problem is that for the most part, my users don't purge their
> >junk on their own and it just keeps builing up and it is stating to
> >take up way too much space on my exchange server.
>
> Limit the size of the mailboxes. They'll get the idea.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

BobChristian (293)
12/28/2004 4:34:41 AM
It seems my Mailbox Manager won't process folders that I add in manually, eg.
"Junk E-mail" by clicking the Add button.  The other folders are all
processed fine (inbox, deleted items, etc.)  (Exch 2003SP1 on Windows2003 Ent)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:

> Yes, use Mailbox Manager its a very nice tool to keep your Exchange
> Mailboxes clean.  See
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF012.html
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr.
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> "Otto Hernandez" <e4ymod@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.  The problem is that for the most part, my users don't purge their
> > junk on their own and it just keeps builing up and it is stating to
> > take up way too much space on my exchange server.  I need to know if
> > there is a way of automatically purging my users' Junk E-mail Folders
> > every week on the server side (Excahnge) as oppsed to the client side
> > (Outlook).

0
DBinBC (1)

IMC queue flooded with spam and junk
hello. i am running exchange server 5.5 in my organisation with SP4. even though RELAYING has been PROHIBITED (i tested it using telnet), i can see that the IMS queue is flooded with mails sent by external domains to other external domains. i manually delete all these mails but within seconds 100's of mails attack the IMS. the server gets clogged within matter of seconds hampering the bandwidth and server performance. kindly advise thanks & regards Manoj S "Manoj" <s_manoj21@hotmail.com> wrote: >i am running exchange server 5.5 in my organisation with >...

Restoring a Purged Message
Human Resources is requesting that I restore a message that a user received, deleted, and purged from their recovery bin all in the same day. So I definitely can't restore it easily through the Outlook client. I have the mail store set to "Do not permanently delete mailboxes and items until the store has been backed up". I thought that would allow me to restore purged messages in a case like this. I have restored the entire mailbox store from backup (made 3 hours after the desired message arrived) to an offline server. I've mounted up the database, connected the user, et...

How do i correct a routing server failure problem in my email
Every time I try to send an e-mail with attatchments i recieve a delivery status notification saying, "The recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server etc, then "routing server failure." This only happens with one recipient, I have no problems with any other contacts. Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers! On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:40:01 -1000, Rivermouse Tina <Rivermouse <Tina@discussions.microsoft.com>> wrote: > Every time I try to send an e-mail with attatchments i recieve a delivery > status notification saying, "The recipient...

sending via email
Is it possible to send just one page via email as mine seems to want to send the complete document. thanks Do you mean as an attachment or in the body of the email? I'm assuming attachment but I want to make sure. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "S S" <nonsense@Hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:_wVNh.90816$MR6.82026@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Is it possible to send just one page via email as mine seems to want to > send the complete document. > > thanks > > As a...

help finding email
in the message tracking center i can see where a specific message has been deleivered to a user's mailbox but cannot find it anywhere in Outlook. there is no forwarding set on the user and no rules in Outlook also have checked with the spam software (GFI) loaded on the server Check their deleted items, and also recover deleted items. Oliver Im pretty sure message tracking only tracks to delivery. Check deleted items and deleted item recovery? "justlookin" <justlookin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A21E634-FDBA-4DF5-BF0E-84B3925E813D@microsoft.c...

Junk Mail problems
Apparently my domain address has been "hijacked" and I've gotten hundreds of messages in the last 24 hours using different id's to the left of the @ sign for my domain name. Most of the junk comes to me as "Undeliverable" or "System Administrator" returned mail. Of course it's replies to nothing I've ever sent out. Anyway, is there something I can set up in Outlook 2000 that will automatically send anything that comes to ???? @mydomain.com to the trash and just let the stuff specifically addressed to myname@mydomain.com stay in the inb...

Addind email address problem
I am having a terrible time trying to add an email to outlook. Please help me :P LOL Once I have all the information in and click test I get a pop up with this information: Enter Network Password: Server: User Name: Password: Then you can click ok or cancle. This has the information I put in for the email account information. What do I do? If I click ok it just keeps coming up. If I click cancel it won't work. Thanks for any help :) If this is for company email, contact your IT people. If it's for home use, give us your internet provider (ISP) name. Someone may be able to g...

Help please
Hi everybody, what can be the reason why for some crm users in our domain, the incoming replies originating from crm contacts are populated as an activity but for some others they are not (eventhough replies come to their outlook inbox folder). Am I missing something in terms of user rights for that users? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks Have all the users had the CRMEMailEnable setting added to their profile in AD? -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Isil" <Isil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A86BDB4-F184-45D0-9A38-3C1D1470B88B@microsoft.com....

email #12
how do i configure multiple email addresses. On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:55:30 -0700, "Lori" <jgarcia17@nc.rr.com> wrote: >how do i configure multiple email addresses. In outlook 2002, Click Tools -> Email Acounts. ...

finding word or phrase in outlook email attachments, not text
I'm a recruiter, and my job requires me to search hundreds of resumes a day for words or phrases. Up til now I've been using "advanced find" but then I realized it doesn't find the words or phrases in any attachments -- it only searches title/contents. So none of the attached resumes get searched. Am I missing something? Seems like the advanced find option should also include attachments as well, whether they be pdf or in most cases Word. Any tips, let me know. ...

Auto Delete Junk Email Folder contents every week
Hi; Have anyone tried successfully to delete the mailbox's junk email folder contents maybe on a weekly basis...? Cheers.... In the Folder List view right-click Junk E-mail and go to properties, select "Archive this folder using these settings:", specify the length of time and then select "Permanently delete old items" "mustang" <colincolvelmustang@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message news:3280c00.0406141942.7d647d0a@posting.google.com... > Hi; > > Have anyone tried successfully to delete the mailbox's junk email folder > contents maybe ...

How to reduce file size to email without losing transitions?
I have a 29Mb ppt file that I would like to email without losing my sound, transitions or animations. Any suggestions? "PMarko" <PMarko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4C141EE-8ADA-42CB-A1F0-88178D52573C@microsoft.com... >I have a 29Mb ppt file that I would like to email without losing my sound, > transitions or animations. Any suggestions? Transitions and animations won't contribute much to the file size. Sound, assuming it's an embedded WAV, can. (Other sound file types can't be embedded, so those don't contribute to file...

Receiving all emails and atachments as HTML files
I have a client that is receiving most emails and attachments as html files, even though they were not sent that way. I know there obviously has to be a setting to determine how Outlook is supposed to view the incoming email, but as far as I can see, everything is set up OK. Any help would be much appreciated - thanks. -Joe ...

Workflow emails and tracking in CRM 4
Hi, I have some workflows setup in CRM4 which send notification emails to internal CRM users. These emails reach the users mailbox, and appear in CRM, but when viewed in outlook they are not marked as tracked in CRM. If I send an email between users using outlook and click the 'track in CRM' button, the work correctly. If I use the CRM web interface to send emails, these emails appear in CRM, and in the users inbox, but there are not marked as CRM emails in outlook. If someone could give me an idea of what is wrong, it would be very helpful. Hi Rob, It seems like the regard...

Incoming Email Routing
We have MSCRM 3.0 set up on one server and MS Exchange 2003 and CRM Router installed on a second server. Outgoing emails from CRM work fine nbut when a client responds to an email it goes into the agents personal Outlook inbox, is forwarded to the CRMMAil mailbox but does not appear in CRM. Can you confirm that it should appear in the Contacts History or if not where it should appear? Thanks Andy Hi Andy, Recheck if you are clicking 'Track in CRM' option while sending out an email. This adds a tracking token and enables the tracking of emails. (in the personal options you s...

why would a legitimate email going in junk email folder
Hi There, A coulpe of our users have received the same email and on both computers it has gone into the outlook junk email folder. I have checked the block senders and the address isn't listed in their and i cannot see any reason to why it has been blocked. This is a tottally legitimate email and they have had no problems receiving other messages from this particular sender. Any thoughts David Could be words in the subject or body. The junk filters inner workings are quite hidden... "David" <wibble@wobble.com> wrote in message news:#XqYvSZdJHA.5540@TK2MSFTNGP05...

Missing emails from Outlook XP Exchange 5.5
I have a user that had approximately 300 emails and 100 contacts in his Outlook and they suddenly dissapeared on him after uninstalling Mcafee internet security 6. The strange thing is it did not delete ALL his email or All his contacts, there were 8 emails left in the box and 2 contacts left. Since he is on a laptop, I tried to work offline and see if they were in his .ost, but its the same thing. The strange thing is, his .ost is about 130mb, and when I look at his mailbox properties, it only shows about 60 mb in size. Also, on the exchange server, his mailbox resources show to be about 80mb...

emails #6
I would like to receive a beep or sound when a new email comes to me. Is this possible. I have ticked the box in Outlook Express and still no sound. I have windows xp. Any solutions and thank you if you can help "heather" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bd6001c43814$0f89ffa0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to receive a beep or sound when a new > email comes to me. Is this possible. > > I have ticked the box in Outlook Express and still no > sound. I have windows xp. > > Any solutions and thank you if you can help have...

Sending from different domain's email address
Hi, I have an Exchange 2003, running on Window Server 2003 (AD and DNS too) server setup for sending mail from a domain called (for illustration purposes) domain1.com. All clients are using Outlook and mail gets sent and retrieved fine from this domain. I now need to send some mail from another domain, as in user@domain2.com, where not all of domain2's email is handled by our server. I tried adding domain2.com to the default policy of the server, made sure the new smtp address had been added to my user profile in AD as an smtp address and then tried to send a mail from Outlook by changin...

Lost ability to print multiple copies of email
I am only able to print one copy at a time of an email. Though I tell the printer to make copies in quantity, I only get one copy. This happenned all of a sudden. For the other programs I use, Excel, Word etc., I am able to print the number of copies I direct the printer to do. Any advice? Update your printer driver? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,...

Purging Emails
I use an IMAP email account on Outlook 2002. I liked in outlook express how it automatically deletes all purged messages within a folder upon closing that folder. I have looked all over, how can I do this? Regards, Rich Outlook does not automatically purge your deleted items. You need to do it manually. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Rich" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Purging
Hi, Is it possible to stop users from purging emails, and allowing the server to clean out the inboxes after 90 days? OR have all the users deleted emails automatical stored some place, were a administrator can view the deleted emails? Messages deleted from any folder will go in to the deleted items folder and held their indefinitely unless you have a mailbox manager process cleaning it out. Messages deleted from the deleted items folder will go in to the dumpster (a hidden folder) and stay their until the deleted item retention period expires and then be deleted for good. The only ...

Added a email account to outlook, says inbox is empty????
I have 2 hotmail accounts, I added them both to outlook, but only one is showing any messages, the other says it's empty, but I know it's not. Passwords, spelling etc are correct. Any ideas Nope! You have provided absolutely zero information upon which to form an idea. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, hregan asked: | I have 2 hotmail accounts, I added them both to outlook, but only one | is showing any ...

Junk mail not moved to Junk folder
When I first installed Outlook 2003, I could right-click on an email and inform Outlook to add this sender to the list of junk mail and then Outlook would automatically move the email to the junk folder. Recently, I had to reinstall Outlook 2003. Now, after telling Outlook 2003 to add this sender to the list of junk email senders, the message stays in my inbox and I have to delete it. I've searched all the options screens but can't figure this one out. Appreciate any help. ...

EMAIL 02-23-05