Pulic Folder and Calender

Hi,

I would like our users to access a shared calender that is also accessible
via OWA?
Is it possible to setup a Pulic Folder shared calender in Exchange 2003?
If so how?

many thanks, PL3
0
plad22000 (18)

Basically, calendar in PF is open to everyone except changing it.

You may set up a new folder from System Manager or Outlook.

--
Ray

MCSE+Internet, MCDBA, MCP

"PL3" <plad22000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like our users to access a shared calender that is also accessible
> via OWA?
> Is it possible to setup a Pulic Folder shared calender in Exchange 2003?
> If so how?
>
> many thanks, PL3

0
rui_m99 (53)

Remove "Personal Folder" when the PST file no longer exist?
>From Outlook 2000, how do I remove "Personal Folder" from folder list, if the PST file no longer exist? Tools, Services, then select the person folder and remove it... "achen" <achen2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1108581231.368677.219120@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > >From Outlook 2000, how do I remove "Personal Folder" from folder list, > if the PST file no longer exist? > I had tried it and it doesnt work. The only services over there were "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "Outlook Address BOok". The per...

Personal Folders appears twice in the Folder List
When I open Outlook, the Personal Folders appears twice in the Folder List. The Personal Folders are exactly the same and both point to the Outlook.pst file. Neither can be closed. How can I get rid of the unwnated second entry? Create a new profile. Yours is corrupt. Post your Outlook version when you have questions. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jason Stone" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:199b01c3fbe9$9566a630$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I open Outlook, the Personal Folders appears twice > in the Folder List. The Personal Folders...

Outlook Conflicts Folder
What is the purpose of the Outlook Conflicts folder? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-outlook/201002/1 From Outlook help Conflicts Contains all the multiple copies of conflicting items in your mailbox (mailbox: Location on a Microsoft Exchange server where your e-mail is delivered. Your administrator sets up a mailbox for each user. If you designate a personal folder file as your e-mail delivery location, messages are routed to it from your mailbox.). An InfoBar at the top of the original item advises you that a conflict f...

Columns lost. Fix for all folders and subfolders?
One of our execs has lots of sub-folders under his inbox (Exchange account). Something glitched and all of his views no longer have the "FROM" column. I know how to add it back, but is there some way to add it back for a folder plus ALL sub-folders? Thanks for any suggestions. By the way: Outlook 2003. Jeff Hofstetter <jhofstetter@ghpd.com> wrote: > One of our execs has lots of sub-folders under his inbox (Exchange > account). Something glitched and all of his views no longer have the > "FROM" column. I know how to add it back, but is there some way...

Outlook 2003 Startup Folder Setting
I need to programmatically set the startup folder that Outlook starts in when it starts up. I dont want to programmatically navigate to a particular folder, but set the folder in the Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options... button > Startup in this folder... to a folder I want. I believe this may be a setting somewhere in the registry. Anyone have any idea where it may be? Thanks in advance ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I have ...

Custom Search Folder
Hi! I would like to know if there is any way to programatically create your own custom Search Folder from an Outlook add-in, and of course, add it's own search criteria (I would like to search after a custom fileld added in certain MailItems). Also, if this is possible, how do I access it afterwards? It doesn't matter if this is done via OOM, CDO or Redemption (or something else?)...is it possible? Thanks a lot, Doru Use the Application.AdvancedSearch method to return a Search object, = then use Search.Save to create the search folder. You will be able to = use a custom field ...

E23k public folders migration
I've got a perplexing problem. I moved a group of 5 users from an E2K Enterprise server to a SBS2k3 server this past week. I exported their emails to PST via exmerge and reimported into their new mailboxes. I am now experiencing two problems; they may be unrelated. 1. One user is saying there are certain, but not all emails that he cannot access. Gets an out of memory cannot preview message error. Then after opening the email and not just previewing it gets the same error. 2. Secondly and more important is the public folders. I exported all of them to a PST (191 Meg) and them fr...

Exchange Public Folders
In my outlook 2003 client I can create Folder assistant rules, but when after creating the rule, when I select ok (which should apply the rule), I get a message stating that "changes to the rule can not be saved". What would be causing this and how can I fix it? I am just trying to create an autoresponse for a mail enabled public folder. What permissions do you have on the Public Folder? --Chris ============================================================================ ==== This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of any inclu...

Backing up personal folders
I need to know how to back up my personal folders in outlook to a CD. I tried and have failed-ugh!. I then copied my personal files to my Doc's file but now I can't open it because it's a *pst file. Does anyone know what I need to do to open this type of file? Secondly, does a process exist on how to backup personal folders pluse any attachments on the email? Thanks very much for any help! "jay" <jaytom01@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:098001c36208$51bcbd50$a301280a@phx.gbl > I need to know how to back up my personal folders in > outlook to a CD....

How to browse for a folder
I'd like to allow a user to pick a folder for the data created by my app. I'm using CFileDialog, but that returns the path and file name. Is there something I can use to just return the folder name (the path)? And on the same subject, can I store the path as a CString, or should I use char? Thank you in advance, Harald You can use the SHBrowseForFolder() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Harald" <Haraldnospamcollonia@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:X2qFe.5069$6f.4455@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net... > I'...

outlook 2007 Imap folder not downloading messages #2
I have 13 folders in my imap account. One folder stopped downloading messages. It shows 6 unread messages on the folder name, but there are no unread messages to be seen. Sometime last week, it just stopped downloading messages for this folder. I ran Scanpst across the pst file, but no problems were found. I tried resetting the views, but still no unread messages. This happened before and I had to redownload all messages - but I have 1 gig of email in my entire mailbox, I can't keep re-downloading email every 3 weeks. I think part of the problem is that I have a very slow internet c...

Control to browse folders and files
Is there a built-in control in access that lets you browse folders and files? If not, can anybody point me to a free control available from the web? I am mainly looking a sophisticated –smart- control which can perform many tasks. I do not want to reinvent the wheel. Jess wrote: >Is there a built-in control in access that lets you browse folders and files? >If not, can anybody point me to a free control available from the web? I am >mainly looking a sophisticated –smart- control which can perform many tasks. >I do not want to reinvent the wheel. You can use either...

Public Folder Database
Hi there, I have a little problem after installing Exchange Server 2007 on our organization. The old setting is an Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise on Win2K3 Enterprise. This Exchange 2007 was installed on a new server, currently, both are online. I have a question here about the Public Folder Database, after installing Exchange Server 2007, the Public Folder Database was there (in Second Storage Group), I didn't create it and I do need to copy public folders from the old Exchange server. The problem is that the log of Second Storage Group is on Drive C (default path), I'm allo...

Ghost Folder
Hi, I have a puzzler here and I wonder if anyone out there has had this one happen. It's with our e-mail program, Outlook 2002, and I have just noticed a duplicate folder pop up under weird circumstances. Here it is: A message, or messages, are received, opened, then filed. It is with the filing that there's a peculiarity. There are a number of ways of doing it but the obvious ones are as follows: 1) Right click the item in the INBOX, and up comes a list of folders to which the message can be moved to, and 2) Click a tab on one of the taskbars and up comes a list, allbeit an a...

Public Folder Replication on All Child Folders...
Hi All, i have three exchange servers across three locations. i just finished upgrading one of the exchange servers. i have set public folder replication on the new server so the get migrated to the new server. our public folders have lots of sub folders or child folders, do i have to go into each one of them and add the new exchange server on each folder under the replication tab? can i just go to properties of the parent public folder and add the new server name there under the replication tab which will then apply to all child folders as well? it's currently not applying the newly a...

restore public folder #2
Hi, I have restored the pub.edb in order to restore a public folder, I have restored it and all the services all running but when I try to see properties of the public folder in Exchange-Administrator message appears: The object cannot be found in the directory. This may be because replication has not completed. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no.: c1010aae What can I do to see the properties ? Exchange-server 5.5 is installed on a W2K-server with Active Directory. Thanks. John This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C45F46.23E86A00 Content-Type: text...

Outlook 2007 folder viewing options
I like to view my inbox and other mail folders with particular fields displayed. Does anybody know of a way I can set my folders to have the same fields without having to use the field chooser in each folder? Thanks http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook ...

Encrypt files in folder
how to encrypt all files in folder(older that some data) with very strong algorithm use VBScript? VBScript FilePath = "\\server\folder" FileAge = 10 Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder(FilePath) Set colFile = objFolder.Files For Each objFile in colFile FileCreated = objFile.DateCreated If DateDiff("d", FileCreated, Now()) > FileAge Then ........ code to encrypt...... ......... Else End If And decrypting, when this required, to use separate vbscript-decryptor. Thanks. ...

PUBLIC FOLDER CALENDAR #2
Hi, I've setup a test Calendar in the Public Folder to be able to share free/busy time and meeting with it. Everything went OK, people can add stuff; however, once they restart the outlook no info seems to have been saved, basically the calendar is always empty. (reminders work still) Could anyone realize where the fundamental mistake is, because I'm sure there's something that I don't do right? Cheers, Julian Dragut On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 01:15:39 -0500, "Julian Dragut" <julian.dragut@itsm.ca> wrote: >Hi, > >I've setup a test Calendar in th...

Mega Newbie
MS Exchange V5.5 with Outlook 2000 clients. The size of our exchange databases seem to be growing at a serious rate. I believe that the files priv.edb and pub.edb are the user folders and public folders respectively - can someone confirm this please? Our file sizes are 1Gb for priv and 3Gb for pub. This means at least some users have a serious allocation for their user folders - total number of users approx 30! Is it possible to examine the system via exchange to find out which user's folders are taking up all the space? TIA Phil Hi There, >-----Original Message----- >MS Ex...

Exchange 2003 /Exchweb/Cabs folder
I'm having trouble with OWA in Exchange 2003 Standard (running on Windows 2003 Standard). When trying to access OWA internally, I get placeholders instead of images and the word "Loading...". This seems to be pretty well addressed in KB280823. The problem I'm seeing is that when I remove the virtual folder for Exchweb and recreate it, I do not get a Cabs folder. The rest of the folders are there, but not the Cabs. This folder does not exist in \Program Files\Exchsrvr\Exchweb, either. Where does this folder come from? How can I get it in place? Is it even part o...

i can not see any mails inside archieve folders in outlook?
I transferred my mails and folders from outlook express to outlook 2007 successfully. It was 9.6 gb in total. I have archieved individual folders. However, i can see only structure (tree of folders) and there is nothing inside any folders. What could be the proble. Is there any other way to do archieve. I have downloaded back tool and done back up of outlook.pst. But i want to use archieve feature alsp. Sunil Dhanuka wrote: > I transferred my mails and folders from outlook express to outlook 2007 > successfully. It was 9.6 gb in total. I have archieved individual folders...

Sent mail in sub folder
When I reply to a message that is directed to a sub folder of my inbox the sent message is moved into the same sub folder rather than the sent items folder. I'm sure I turned something on by accident. Anyone know where this option is in Outlook 2002? Thanks... Go to Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Advanced E-mail Options. Clear the checkbox next to "In folders other than the Inbox, save replies wth original message". -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the mess...

outlook folder sychronization
I am having trouble shutting down, outlook starts to sychronize the folders everytime I close. It seems to be looking for a server or something. At comptuer shut down it says outlook.exc is still running, even thou outlook is visably not there but the icon still shows outlook sychronizing. Is there a setting I need to turn off? Help "Steve Outlook" <SteveOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F50E01E-C0C0-4CB4-A37C-D891707D9C14@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble shutting down, outlook starts to sychronize the folders > everytime I close. It s...

Audit access to public folders
I wolud want to know if there is some way of knowing that users gain access to public folders, the one who creates, reads, erases or modifies the exposed elements in public folders from the outlook and from the OWA. If this information it stores or can store in some log and if there exists some tool that do reports on this access. Thank you very much. Hi i think u can enable loging at server level on public folder instance. try out Thanks Manoj "Félix Casado García" wrote: > I wolud want to know if there is some way of knowing that users gain access to > pub...