public or shared calendar with automated appointment feed from users (Exch 2007)

Hi all,

is it possible to set up a public calendar in Exch that does  the following:

Every time that a user (who belongs to a specified A.D. user group)
posts a meeting/appointment to his\her personal calendar (the one one on
the individual mailbox) if the appointment is public (vs. private) that
appointment is automatically copied/replicated to a shared/public
calendar that all the users of the AD group can see.

Is it possible to set up something in Exchange or/and Sharepoint that
does this? Would this entail writing some specific.

thanks
0
abcd

You would need a custom script.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"abcd" <abcd@abcd.abcd> wrote in message

> Hi all,
>
> is it possible to set up a public calendar in Exch that does  the
> following:
>
> Every time that a user (who belongs to a specified A.D. user group)
> posts a meeting/appointment to his\her personal calendar (the one one on
> the individual mailbox) if the appointment is public (vs. private) that
> appointment is automatically copied/replicated to a shared/public
> calendar that all the users of the AD group can see.
>
> Is it possible to set up something in Exchange or/and Sharepoint that
> does this? Would this entail writing some specific.
>
> thanks

0
Ed
4/27/2010 12:16:14 AM
Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:
> You would need a custom script.

Thank you for the answer. Would that be some VBA scriptembedded in a
specific OL form?  Thanks.

If the technology is VBA, can it also take care of removing/rescheduling
the appointments posted to the public calendar?

  thanks
0
abcd
4/27/2010 2:20:47 AM
You should post such questions to the microsoft.public.exchange.development
newsgroup.  However, I recommend that you go to the TechNet Exchange
Development forum because it's a lot more active.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

> Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:
>> You would need a custom script.
>

> Thank you for the answer. Would that be some VBA scriptembedded in a
> specific OL form?  Thanks.
>
> If the technology is VBA, can it also take care of removing/rescheduling
> the appointments posted to the public calendar?
>
>  thanks

0
Ed

Q: Changing default Body+ font in Outlook 2007
Hi, my default font in Outlook 2007 for New Mail Message is set to Calibri (Body). How can I change it to be default Arial (Body) for New Mail Message or whole Outlook, it is same for me? I don't want to change default font to Arial (I want to change the body font). Thank you in advance, M. Hi, Tools/Options/Mail Format/Staionary and Fonts/ Personal Stationary. Hi, how do I change the +Body font from there? (at that screen I only know how to change font to Arial, but that is not what I want to do, I want the font to remain +Body, but instead of being Calibri I want it to be A...

Oversized calendar printout
I have a calendar with many events per day. When I try to print the month view to a letter size page, most of the dates do not print. I have access to a D size printer (24x36) and am trying to use that, but Outlook doesn't seem to be able to deal with something this big. The MS calendar printing wizard doesn't address this, plus it destroys any color coding from the original calendar. Any help would be appreciated! Pat The cell size of the the month view limits the amt of appointments you'll see. If portrait layout doesn't show enough, you'll need to print d...

shareing resources within a project
I build 80+ homes a year, and need to manage it as one project-i think??? the thing is, i have for example 3 Plumbing contractors to do the rough-in for 15 homes, i can only give them 5 homes each and set Priorities for the homes. so oboviously home #2 can start until #1 is completed. and the same goes for plumbing finishes which have to be linked wt the plumber who did the rough-in. All of plumber's #1 tasks need to be linked not only for each unit but across all houses that plumber starts for me. for example plumber #1 may not be able to do the rough-in on 3 Apple St. becau...

Process User Rights
Does anyone know how to run a process as the SYSTEM user account? I am doing some registry modifications that are being blocked when the code is run as Administrator. Ed you can run it as system services then it has system user account "Edward E. Hopkins" <ed@signalquest.com> wrote in message news:YmDcc.2202$hd3.1677@nwrddc03.gnilink.net... > Does anyone know how to run a process as the SYSTEM user account? > > I am doing some registry modifications that are being blocked when the code > is run as Administrator. > > Ed > > Ah good ... how do you...

Deletion of outdated Public Contact Books
Good Afternoon (Morning, Evening...whatever it may be!), I have a rather perplexing problem with regard to deleting some old Contact lists in my workplace's public folders in Microsoft Outlook 2002. The folders were imported from old copies of Outlook when my company changed address; however as they ran on a different server (with different permissions), we now find that we cannot delete or even modify these old lists as it tells us that we do not have the permission. We're no longer using our past server; so how can we delete these lists to avoid confusion between the old an...

User input
I've used this forum before, and found it very useful. I need to set up a worksheet, (worksheet1), to allow a user to input surname,initials,id,location,date for office files that move around the office. The result will be stored in worksheet2 in 1 row and 5 columns called Surname - Inits - ID - Location - Date Each entry will be recorded in the next empty row in worksheet2. I think I have found a way to identify the next empty row using the Indirect function. But, how can I set up worksheet1 to allow the user to input the data he has which is then automatically recorded into wo...

Excel 2007
Original post: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/23fa6398a8747c97/b01098814db13a95?lnk=gst&q=excel+2007+cut+off&safe=images# I'm having this exact same issue!! It's been driving me insane and the IT Help Desk people at my work are useless. Does anyone know anything about this??? I ended up figuring out that it only occurs when you change the font size of the text. Anything below or above the default 11, and it doesn't matter which font (I have tried default Calibri, Verdana, Arial and a few others). I have not tried chang...

Inviting attendees from within Shared calendar in Public Folders
Hi I have Exchange 2003 running. Created a shared calendar in the Public Folders area and would like to invites staff from the AD/Exchange by checking availability etc to a meeting. How can this be done? Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks Sumi ...

Email received but immediately disappears from one user to one receipient
I have a situation where email from one user within our domain, shows in the Inbox and preview, but immediately disappears. It is not in the Deleted Items or Junk Mail, and no rules are set. Emails from other users, within the domain and from outside, arrive fine. Messages is selected as the View. Others within the domain are receiving messages from the sender fine. I logged on to a different machine as the sender, sent an email, and the recipient received it correctly. This led me to believe that there may be a virus/spyware issue on the senders machine. After running multiple anti-spyw...

How many tables .. in Access 2007 .. are there limits ?
Hi, Is there restriction for number of table in Access 2007... what are maximum number of tables can be used..? thanks in advance... Dr. Khalak Check HELP. Search for specifications. You are allowed to have up to 2048 tables open at one time. And 32K objects total in a database. So there are restrictions. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Ahmed wrote: > Hi, > > Is the...

How to synchronize Public Contact folder with local contacts?
How can I synchronize a Contact Folder in our Public Folders on our Network with my local Contacts Folder? You'll need to copy them yourself or use a utility. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync-mail.asp for a list of utilities. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM ...

sql end user recovery dpm 2010
Hi, we are trying dpm 2010. for this we have installed the dpm agent on both nodes of a cluster. All mssql backups succeed succesfully. When I try to configure the sql end user recovery option I cannot enter the cluster instance name without specifying a database. I have checked this with a standalone mssql server, works fine there. Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix this? Can you please try giving the names in the following format? 1. <ClusterResoureceName>\<SQLVirtualName> for default SQL Instance 2. <ClusterResoureceName>\<SQLVirtualName>\&l...

Printing monthly calendar in Outlook 2003
When I print a 2-page monthly calendar in Outlook 2003, it prints 1 or 2 months beyond the date range I have specified. I set 'print exactly one month', print on 2 pages. and then the dates -- the 1st and the last of the month I want. And then the printer spiots out 4 to 6 pages --- the month I want, plus two months I haven't asked for. What's happening? ...

Public Folder Replication problems #4
I have 2 exchange 2003 servers in the same exchange org. I added the new exchange 2003 server to the public older replication but the folders did not replicatce. Both servers have the same patches. Below is: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event Category: Replication Errors Event ID: 3093 Date: 9/19/2005 Time: 9:09:45 AM User: N/A Computer: SYNMAIL1 Description: Error -2147221233 reading property 0x674b0014 on object type tbtMsgFolder from database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (SYNMAIL1)". For more information, click http://www.microso...

Publisher 2007 Birthday card jpg rotation problem
I'm running SP2 MSO and selected the Birthday 4 template. It's a side fold card template. I wanted to change the image on the front (page 1) and the inside left (page 2). I had two jpgs on my computer, so I used Insert-Picture-From File... . In each case when they were inserted, I need to rotate them CCW 90 degrees, so I grabbed the green dot rotate handle and rotated them so they were right side up (they were flowers). I then added a text box above each one. The print preview showed the correct orientation of the flowers with respect to the text above them for both page 1 and pag...

Have Outlook Today display certain calendar categories
Anyone know how I could (with or without add-ins) have outlook display only certain calendar categories? I want to exclude some day-to-day calendar items from showing up and cluttering the space :) create a custom view? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/viewmenu.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ <matt.coast@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158197...

hide/close/delete shared account
(bear with me. i'm new and although this is my second time trying to set up money, i've run into the same problem and have yet to find the answer in the forum.) i have four bank accounts and one is shared with a family member. i don't want this account to show up at all in money essentials. i tried "closing" it. i tried "hiding" it. i tried "deleting" it. but each time i go back to "categorize my transactions," transactions from that account are still there. The problem here is that Money is designed (and Money Essentials (MEss) even ...

show an active timer or glock in powerpoit 2007
Hi I've received a pps,when opened it displayed on the 1st slide the time as in my PC's taskbar even with the running seconds.Can somebody show me how it's done? Hi Fritz Are you saying that the first slide not only showed the current time when it opened but also updated every second? -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Fritz" wrote: > Hi > I've received a pps,when opened it displayed on the 1st slide the time as in > my...

Excel 2007
The dynamic names I used to utilize in Excel 2003 to define the data range for charts in my worksheets don't work anymore, because excel modifies them upon saving the file : Filename.xls!DynamicNamedRange gets changed to [0]!DynamicNamedRange for all the chart series using this syntax. Is there another syntax I can use ? Any workaround ? If the data is in a Table (new XL2007 feature); the chart is automatically dynamic best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jcollot" <jcollot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Attaching calendar from Outlook
Does anyone know of a 'simple' way to attach your calendar in Outlook (2000 & 2002) in order to email it? I know you can save as a web page, etc., but I wondered if there was a simplier way. My boss needs to do this. ...

Can you share a calendar using Outlook web access?
We are using Outlook Web Access only. Is there a way to share calendars? In news:AED7800B-502A-44D1-A386-5A9274753BDB@microsoft.com, betzie <betzie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We are using Outlook Web Access only. Is there a way to share > calendars? You can access a calendar (or any mailbox folder, I believe) if it's already shared - but you can't create the share/set the permissions in OWA. You might post OWA questions in microsoft.public.exchange.clients - OWA is part of Exchange, not Outlook. ...

Out of Office will not tell user that it is on
Office 2003/internal user/Exchange 5.5/Widows XP/Dell Optiplex I have a user who uses Out of Office a lot. Unfortunately, once he turns it on, it will not pop him with the message that his out of office reply is on, would he like to turn it off....this is very important to him and I really need to find a solution to this problem. Anyone have any ideas? I have tried turning it off and then back on with no success. Pain in the Outlook wrote: > Office 2003/internal user/Exchange 5.5/Widows XP/Dell Optiplex > > I have a user who uses Out of Office a lot. Unfortunately, once he > turn...

Shared Calendars not Displaying User Name
Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003, both fully patched and running on XP Pro SP2. Shared calendars added under "Open a shared calendar". Header of calendars only displays "Calendar", not the username of the shared calendar owner. How can I get Outlook to display the username, please. At the moment I have multiple calendars open and they all are headed "Calendar". Not very useful :-( TIA, Bill http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050809.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for W...

ON 2010 on top of Office 2007
Is it okay to install just Onenote 2010 while running Office 2007? I only want to try the features in Onenote at this time. Does the interfunctionality (notably with Outlook and IE) still work? Thank you for assistance, -Bruce Bruce wrote: > Is it okay to install just Onenote 2010 while running Office 2007? I > only want to try the features in Onenote at this time. Yes. When installing choose "customized" and deselect the rest of Office. You can leave ON2007 on the machine. Both versions can co-exist, > Does the interfunctionality (notably with Outlook...

Shared spreadsheet and Hyperlinks
How do I create Hyperlinks to files in a shared spreadsheet? When I change preference to shared the insert Hyperlink becomes unavailbale. That is just one of the many losses of functionality with shared workbooks. See help on shared workbooks for more details on loss of functionality. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 16:44:00 -0700, Gosia <Gosia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I create Hyperlinks to files in a shared spreadsheet? >When I change preference to shared the insert Hyperlink becomes unavailbale. Use the =hyperlink() worksheet function???? G...