Public Folders Restore

Hi everyone
We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the
backup.
We have 5 Exchange servers accross different sites, now, if we restore the
public folder database does that mean that all old itens will come up and
replicated to all other exchange with replicas of these public folders?
Is there a way that we restore and select only certain itens to restoed
after a given date or something like that?

Thanks

0
gig5293 (7)

"GIG" <gig@gig.com> wrote:

>We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the
>backup.
>We have 5 Exchange servers accross different sites, now, if we restore the
>public folder database does that mean that all old itens will come up and
>replicated to all other exchange with replicas of these public folders?

No. The restored database will have old information in it. The other
PF store will already have seen the information it holds. They
shouldn't ask the restored PF store to send it again. OTOH, the
restored PF store will probably ask for a back-fill and get all the
information it's missing from the other replicas.

>Is there a way that we restore and select only certain itens to restoed
>after a given date or something like that?

No.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

> "GIG" <gig@gig.com> wrote:
>
>>We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the
>>backup.
>>We have 5 Exchange servers accross different sites, now, if we restore the
>>public folder database does that mean that all old itens will come up and
>>replicated to all other exchange with replicas of these public folders?
>
> No. The restored database will have old information in it. The other
> PF store will already have seen the information it holds. They
> shouldn't ask the restored PF store to send it again. OTOH, the
> restored PF store will probably ask for a back-fill and get all the
> information it's missing from the other replicas.
>
>>Is there a way that we restore and select only certain itens to restoed
>>after a given date or something like that?
>
> No.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
curspice6401 (3487)
4/1/2007 10:44:12 PM
Hi Ed

I tried that approach, but failed, is it possible to restore exchange
databases to a different forest?
If yes, can you point me some articles that explain the process.

I did a backup and tried to restore on a new "test" forest, but the process
failed. The problem is that our test center is in a different site.

Do I need to use exchange migration wizard and have both forests connected
with trusts, etc... If yes this could be a problem because the servers are
separated.

Thank you

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
> Restore to an off-network recovery server and use Outlook and a PST to
> move the data to the production store.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message
>> "GIG" <gig@gig.com> wrote:
>>
>>>We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the
>>>backup.
>>>We have 5 Exchange servers accross different sites, now, if we restore
>>>the
>>>public folder database does that mean that all old itens will come up and
>>>replicated to all other exchange with replicas of these public folders?
>>
>> No. The restored database will have old information in it. The other
>> PF store will already have seen the information it holds. They
>> shouldn't ask the restored PF store to send it again. OTOH, the
>> restored PF store will probably ask for a back-fill and get all the
>> information it's missing from the other replicas.
>>
>>>Is there a way that we restore and select only certain itens to restoed
>>>after a given date or something like that?
>>
>> No.
>>
>> --
>> Rich Matheisen
>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
>> Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com
>> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
>> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
>> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
gig5293 (7)
4/2/2007 4:25:29 PM
Here is the article.

Moving an Exchange Mailbox Database to Another Server or Storage
Group
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997006.aspx

James Chong (MVP)
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

On Apr 2, 12:25 pm, "GIG" <g...@gig.com> wrote:
> Hi Ed
>
> I tried that approach, but failed, is it possible to restore exchange
> databases to a different forest?
> If yes, can you point me some articles that explain the process.
>
> I did a backup and tried to restore on a new "test" forest, but the process
> failed. The problem is that our test center is in a different site.
>
> Do I need to use exchange migration wizard and have both forests connected
> with trusts, etc... If yes this could be a problem because the servers are
> separated.
>
> Thank you
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in messagenews:u3q1E9KdHHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>

> > Restore to an off-network recovery server and use Outlook and a PST to
> > move the data to the production store.
> > --
> > Ed Crowley
> > MVP - Exchange
> > "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
>
> > "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richn...@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message

> >> No. The restored database will have old information in it. The other
> >> PF store will already have seen the information it holds. They
> >> shouldn't ask the restored PF store to send it again. OTOH, the
> >> restored PF store will probably ask for a back-fill and get all the
> >> information it's missing from the other replicas.

> >> No.
>
> >> --
> >> Rich Matheisen
> >> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> >> MS Exchange FAQ athttp://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> >> Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.p...@getronics.com
> >> Or to these, either: mailto:h.p...@pinkroccade.com
> >> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuc...@getronics.com
> >> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuc...@pinkroccade.com- Hide quoted text -

jamestechman (1266)
4/2/2007 6:02:57 PM
Hi James, thanks for the article, but please correct me if I'm wrong, that
article says that moving mailboxes is only possible for exchange server
within the same Exchange organization and of course the forest.

I have a different forest and a different exchange organization can I still
move these databases?
I'm sorry, but I can't figure out how, could you kindly help me?
Best regards.

"Jamestechman" <jamestechman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Here is the article.
>
> Moving an Exchange Mailbox Database to Another Server or Storage
> Group
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997006.aspx
>

> James Chong (MVP)
> MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
> msexchangetips.blogspot.com
>

> On Apr 2, 12:25 pm, "GIG" <g...@gig.com> wrote:
>> Hi Ed
>>
>> I tried that approach, but failed, is it possible to restore exchange
>> databases to a different forest?
>> If yes, can you point me some articles that explain the process.
>>
>> I did a backup and tried to restore on a new "test" forest, but the
>> process
>> failed. The problem is that our test center is in a different site.
>>
>> Do I need to use exchange migration wizard and have both forests
>> connected
>> with trusts, etc... If yes this could be a problem because the servers
>> are
>> separated.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in
>> messagenews:u3q1E9KdHHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>

>> > Restore to an off-network recovery server and use Outlook and a PST to
>> > move the data to the production store.
>> > --
>> > Ed Crowley
>> > MVP - Exchange
>> > "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
>>
>> > "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richn...@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in
>> > message

gig5293 (7)
4/2/2007 6:33:23 PM
Sure, what are you trying to accomplish? From my undersanding, you
need to recover some contents from a failed pf db? If so, you can use
the article to restore the pf to a different Exchange org. You're not
moving the database using the Exchange api, you're moving the database
as a flat file. If you have the database file, you can mount it to
another Exchange server in a different org. If you don't have the
file, you can restore to your test exchange in a different org.Then
create a new mailbox account and you will need to copy your pf items
to a pst which you will use to copy the contents back into your
original exchange org.

On Apr 2, 2:33 pm, "GIG" <g...@gig.com> wrote:
> Hi James, thanks for the article, but please correct me if I'm wrong, that
> article says that moving mailboxes is only possible for exchange server
> within the same Exchange organization and of course the forest.
>
> I have a different forest and a different exchange organization can I still
> move these databases?
> I'm sorry, but I can't figure out how, could you kindly help me?
> Best regards.
>
> "Jamestechman" <jamestech...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Here is the article.
>
> > Moving an Exchange Mailbox Database to Another Server or Storage
> > Group
> >http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997006.aspx
>
> > James Chong (MVP)
> > MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
> > msexchangetips.blogspot.com
>
> > On Apr 2, 12:25 pm, "GIG" <g...@gig.com> wrote:
> >> Hi Ed
>
> >> I tried that approach, but failed, is it possible to restore exchange
> >> databases to a different forest?
> >> If yes, can you point me some articles that explain the process.
>
> >> I did a backup and tried to restore on a new "test" forest, but the
> >> process
> >> failed. The problem is that our test center is in a different site.
>
> >> Do I need to use exchange migration wizard and have both forests
> >> connected
> >> with trusts, etc... If yes this could be a problem because the servers
> >> are
> >> separated.
>
> >> Thank you
>
> >> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in
> >> messagenews:u3q1E9KdHHA.5044@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

jamestechman (1266)
4/2/2007 6:51:56 PM
Hi James, and thank you.

Here's the thing.
I have a different server and different org in a different forest.

I did the exchange backup on the other server in other oganization, I also
copied the database (mailbox and public folders) files and logs, then I went
to our server and copied the database files then when I try to mount the
store gives me an error "Internal processing error has occurred. Try
restarting Exchange system manager or the MS Exchange information store
service, or both. Examine the application log for events related with this
error. The description fields of these events....   ID no: c1041724"

Note: Although the priority is the PF, I'm also trying to test the recovery
for mailboxes in worse case scenario, before I try this in our production
environment my tests must succeed, because I don't want to crash our
production Exchange servers.
I also tried to use the recovery storage method, but without success, when I
try to recover the backup to the Recovery Storage group the backup Fails.
I created new databases for mailboxes and public folders, then I selected
the option this database can be overwrited by a restore, I also created a
security group and give that security group full access to the databases to
be restored, logoff then logon, but still no game.

Thank you so much for your time

> Sure, what are you trying to accomplish? From my undersanding, you
> need to recover some contents from a failed pf db? If so, you can use
> the article to restore the pf to a different Exchange org. You're not
> moving the database using the Exchange api, you're moving the database
> as a flat file. If you have the database file, you can mount it to
> another Exchange server in a different org. If you don't have the
> file, you can restore to your test exchange in a different org.Then
> create a new mailbox account and you will need to copy your pf items
> to a pst which you will use to copy the contents back into your
> original exchange org.
>

> James Chong (MVP)
> MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
> msexchangetips.blogspot.com
>

> On Apr 2, 2:33 pm, "GIG" <g...@gig.com> wrote:
>> Hi James, thanks for the article, but please correct me if I'm wrong,
>> that
>> article says that moving mailboxes is only possible for exchange server
>> within the same Exchange organization and of course the forest.
>>
>> I have a different forest and a different exchange organization can I
>> still
>> move these databases?
>> I'm sorry, but I can't figure out how, could you kindly help me?
>> Best regards.
>>
>> "Jamestechman" <jamestech...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Here is the article.
>>
>> > Moving an Exchange Mailbox Database to Another Server or Storage
>> > Group
>> >http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997006.aspx
>>
>> > James Chong (MVP)
>> > MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
>> > msexchangetips.blogspot.com

gig5293 (7)
4/2/2007 7:21:13 PM
Before you try to remount again, delete your checkpoint file. (chk) If
that doesn't work, delete all your log + checkpoint file and try to
remount. If that doesn't work, was your Exchange part of a 5.5
migration? If so, you will need to update your legacydn of your new Ex
to match your prod Ex. Also, make sure all patch levels are the same.
Lastly run Exchagne Best Practice analyzer and have it run through the
mounting problem and see if it detects any additional info.

Not sure why you're RSG is not working. This should be pretty straight
forward. Take a look at this tutorial.
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/How-Recovery-Storage-Groups-Work.html

James Chong (MVP)

On Apr 2, 3:21 pm, "GIG" <g...@gig.com> wrote:
> Hi James, and thank you.
>
> Here's the thing.
> I have a different server and different org in a different forest.
>
> I did the exchange backup on the other server in other oganization, I also
> copied the database (mailbox and public folders) files and logs, then I went
> to our server and copied the database files then when I try to mount the
> store gives me an error "Internal processing error has occurred. Try
> restarting Exchange system manager or the MS Exchange information store
> service, or both. Examine the application log for events related with this
> error. The description fields of these events....   ID no: c1041724"
>
> Note: Although the priority is the PF, I'm also trying to test the recovery
> for mailboxes in worse case scenario, before I try this in our production
> environment my tests must succeed, because I don't want to crash our
> production Exchange servers.
> I also tried to use the recovery storage method, but without success, when I
> try to recover the backup to the Recovery Storage group the backup Fails.
> I created new databases for mailboxes and public folders, then I selected
> the option this database can be overwrited by a restore, I also created a
> security group and give that security group full access to the databases to
> be restored, logoff then logon, but still no game.
>
> Thank you so much for your time
>
> "Jamestechman" <jamestech...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Sure, what are you trying to accomplish? From my undersanding, you
> > need to recover some contents from a failed pf db? If so, you can use
> > the article to restore the pf to a different Exchange org. You're not
> > moving the database using the Exchange api, you're moving the database
> > as a flat file. If you have the database file, you can mount it to
> > another Exchange server in a different org. If you don't have the
> > file, you can restore to your test exchange in a different org.Then
> > create a new mailbox account and you will need to copy your pf items
> > to a pst which you will use to copy the contents back into your
> > original exchange org.
>
> > James Chong (MVP)
> > MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
> > msexchangetips.blogspot.com
>
> > On Apr 2, 2:33 pm, "GIG" <g...@gig.com> wrote:
> >> Hi James, thanks for the article, but please correct me if I'm wrong,
> >> that
> >> article says that moving mailboxes is only possible for exchange server
> >> within the same Exchange organization and of course the forest.
>
> >> I have a different forest and a different exchange organization can I
> >> still
> >> move these databases?
> >> I'm sorry, but I can't figure out how, could you kindly help me?
> >> Best regards.
>
> >> "Jamestechman" <jamestech...@gmail.com> wrote in message

jamestechman (1266)
4/2/2007 8:40:23 PM
Hi please see answers inline

> Before you try to remount again, delete your checkpoint file. (chk) If
> that doesn't work, delete all your log + checkpoint file and try to
> remount.

Already tried, but no luck.

> If that doesn't work, was your Exchange part of a 5.5
> migration?
No.
Erros logged after trying to mount the databases:
Source:   MSExchangeIS
EventID: 1088
The Information store could not be loaded because the distinguished name
(DN)/OU=COMPANY/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP=RECIPIENTS/CN=OF MESSAGE
DATABASE "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store [SR2]" does not match the DN of
directory /O=CORP/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=.

The database may have been restored to a computer that is in an organization
or site than original database.
------
Then more 2 errors
Source: MSExchangeIS
EventID: 9519
"Error 0x4fc starting database "First Storage group\Mailbox Store (SR2) on
MS Exchange Information Store".

Source: MSExchangeIS
EventID: 9518
"Error 0x4fc starting storage group....".

Thanks again for your help

> [...]
>> security group and give that security group full access to the databases
>> be restored, logoff then logon, but still no game.
>>
>> Thank you so much for your time
>>
>> "Jamestechman" <jamestech...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Sure, what are you trying to accomplish? From my undersanding, you
>> > need to recover some contents from a failed pf db? If so, you can use
>> > the article to restore the pf to a different Exchange org. You're not
>> > moving the database using the Exchange api, you're moving the database
>> > as a flat file. If you have the database file, you can mount it to
>> > another Exchange server in a different org. If you don't have the
>> > file, you can restore to your test exchange in a different org.Then
>> > create a new mailbox account and you will need to copy your pf items
>> > to a pst which you will use to copy the contents back into your

Homing Child public folder
Child Public Folder Appears Incorrectly on an Exchange Server. Our root folder is homed in Asia. My impression was when creating a child folder it creates on the server you reside on. It then replicates to the Public Folder then gets Re-homed to what every the parent folder is. This is not happening. Has anybody seen this before? ...

email publications
I have a 4 page newletter that I want to email in the body of the email but only 1 page comes thru. I have pub 2003. Any ideas You can't do it the way you want to. I have a page that will tell you how to do it but it's not something I'd rally want to do. We normally suggest converting the newsletter to a .pdf and attach that to the email. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "sunnyatrodeph" <sunnyatrodeph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:880FF3CD-FF2F-4839-A23E-A71F964602C5...

Why won't my 2 publication pages switch to 2-pg view as asked?
This is a brand new publication. It only has two pages to it. There is hardly any content and NO web links. But when I use the VIEW drop down menu and click that very first option saying "Two-page spread", Microsoft Publisher does absolutely NOTHING! No, not in print view ... i'm saying "nothing". Yes, I've restarted my computer... all that. Also, in the master page view many of the options are totally greyed-out. Why doesn't microsoft just fix its software instead of adding new inefficient ones? You must have three or more pages to see a two-page ...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

restoring backed up emails.
Hi I have had to restart my computer I backed up the e-mail forlders but cannot figure out how t put them back any help gratefully received ...

No access to Public Folder
Hello There, I have a funky problem regarding Public Folders on a Exchange 2003 Standard. Although I see the Public Folders in Outlook I do not have the rights to add anything. I have set all the rights in Exchange System Manager, but still don't have access. Then I checked with ADSI Edit and found an entry for Public Folder but without an Entry for "Class". Also in the Exchange System Manager under Folders I do not see a "Public Folders" bu cannot creat one, because it is already there (so the warning I get). Does anyone of you have an idea? Thanks and Best Regards Dan...

My deleted emails don't stay in my Deleted Items folder.
If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't appear in my "Deleted Items" folder. They seem to automatically purge. If I delete an email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up in my "Deleted Items" folder. I can do a right-click find on the "Deleted Items" folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure. I need to reset something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until I choose to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of weeks is to compact m...

Mailbox displayed twice in folder view?
Running Outlook 2003 and I have my mailbox displayed twice under folder view. What can I do to have it displayed only once? TIA ...

show new mails in public folder
hello, our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. thank's for answeres. best regards Christain In news:DBD8EFB5-F0CA-4705-B9C1-854040BA514E@microsoft.com, Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > hello, > > our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to > see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. > > thank's for answeres. > > best regards > Christain What version of Outlook are you using? If yo...

Attaching emails from different folders
I am able to attach emails to a new email within a folder I created (clicking on each mail I want to attach, and right click "forward as attachment"). I am trying to figure out how I can attach different emails from within different email folders to a new email. I am using Outlook Express 6. Thanks ...

Unable to copy other's Contacts folder
To All, User A delegated and granted me full permission to access his Contacts list. My permission level is Owner. I can do anything but copy the whole "Contacts folder" to my mailbox. It says no permission. Anyway that I can copy other's Contacts folder into my mailbox. THanks Calvin Can you copy individual items? If so, create a new folder and copy the contacts to it - use By Category view to make it easier to see all of the contacts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

personal folders for multiple emails
There is a feature that I was willing to see in 2003 version, but I think it's not there yet. If i have multiple emails outlook will put all massages to a personal folder so my Inbox gets crowded. Can I have a personal folder for each email. I know i can do that using filters for each folder but i don't think this is a proper way for doing it. Please let me know if that is possible. You can create rules to move messages based on the account over which they were received. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ahmad Yahya" <gt21124@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4...

Safe way to exchange Users folder to another HD
Hi all, windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new users", etc. could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has to be done. Thanks, Corsair. Corsair wrote: > windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal > HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). > > is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\U...

Unable to view public folders
We are currently running Microsoft Exchange 2000. I am currently attempting to create public folders and point a designated email address at them. I am creating each folder via a terminal logged on as Administrator. When I go to the Exchanger manager to view the public folder:- > Administrative Groups > 1st Adminastrive Groups > Public Folders The following message appears:- Enter Network Password Username Password The username field is already populated with the following information:- domanin\user When i attempt to enter the password the message reappears. Hope t...

DPM 2010
Hi, We've been running into the following error when restoring a SharePoint site. The problem occurs on the sharepoint recovery server and the DPM Error in the Job Log is as below: "DPM was unable to attach the content database to the recovery farm. Exception Message = DPM_115a4e5d_5ea4_4970_b6fa_491f3541dfred on AUNSTSTDPMV02 contains user-defined schema. Database mustb e empty befroe they can be used. Delete all of the tables, stored procedures ans other objects or use a different database. (ID 32002)" The WssCmdletwrapper log from the Recovery Farm Server al...

Shared folders
Why are others able to select locked cells, in a shared folder? I have protected this worksheet and have set it so others could only select unlocked cells. ...

How to restore auto-archived files?
In an Outlook installation the user has enabled auto-archiving of emails. During the auto-archiving the old emails were moved to a separate *.pst file. How can I retrieve resp. restore these emails later? Gary ...

How to copy documents using links from excel to web folder
Hi All, We have a web application containing documents and each document has its own link. An excel sheet is having all document names and their links as separate columns. Now, the requirement is to copy all the documents using their links from excel to a particular folder in the web application. I would like to know what all are the possible solutions of this requirement? Or any vbscript is available to do this task? Many Thanks, Atiya. ...

Public Folder Directory Rights
In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public folders. Now when I try to click directory rights button in the permissions tab within the properties of that folder in Exchange administrator I get "Unable to read security rights form the directory". I also remember inheritant rights prior. Anyone know how I can correct this so that I can fix the PF structure? -- SS I meant to say "I also removed inheritant rights earlier" -- SS "Steven" wrote: > In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public >...

Problem Restoring Money 2005 SB back up after new installation
this is a new file in 05, not an upgrade. i had to take it off my computer this weekend & backed up to floppy b4 i did. when i reinstalled 05 & went to restore my back up i get this message: "money cannot locate"file location" or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. if you have chosen the correct file & it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. if the file is being used by another application, close it in the othe...

How to restore deleted and blocked contacts?
I recently deleted some contacts that were inactive for some time, and I deleted and blocked few by mistake. What's the way to get a list of my contacts added in last half year? So I can see what were those I deleted by accident. They can't be found either on my Messenger blocked list or e mail contacts list. Greetings Maestral, If they're not on the blocked/allow list, then they're gone for good I'm afraid. If you signed in on a different computer or another Windows user account, you could use Nir's tool to view the contacts stored locally: http://ww...

Opening a closed Archive folder
I am running outlook 2007. I right mouse clicked and closed one of my archive folders. Does anyone know if closing the outlook PST erases it? I went back to try and open it and I can not locate that PST file any longer, are my files lost? Outlook doesn't erase the file. Click File/Open and select the file. if you can't find it, use the Windows Explorer search and look for any *.pst file. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting : <http://www....

Public Folder
Hello, I have created a Public Folder with a Task View as my MIS Help Desk for my internal users. Occassionally the Task Item will disappear. I DO NOT know why it disappears, can you help me with this? Also, the users only fill in the Subject line and sometimes additional information in the body of the Task. That's all. Very puzzle!? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

over written folder full of work
Hi, Some how I have had a folder overwritten that has sub folders and documents in them. The folder was from an old backup and it has overwritten my most up to date work with all the 6 month work. Now, there is nothing in the folder on my C drive that is newer than 6 months and all the recent document links now don't work. CanI recover/restore my work to the latest versions? The short quick sweet answer is NO. If you haven't kept any backups then tough luck and take this as a learning process for the future. However, there are specialist out there who are NOT ...

Mail merge to to new publication (publisher 2002)
Is it possible in publisher 2002 to save a mail merge document to a new publication in order to edit merged text rather than merge fields as is possible in 2003, or is there another way? Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Sean <sean30358@hotmail.com>... > Is it possible in publisher 2002 to save a mail merge > document to a new publication in order to edit merged > text rather than merge fields as is possible in 2003, or > is there another way? The Publisher 2002 merge was far more limited than the 2003 merge. -- Ed Be...