Public Folders replication #2

I'm trying to move our Exchange Public Foldersfrom an Exchange 2003 (SP1) to
a new Exchange 2003 (SP2) server, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything.
I've added the new server to the replica tab for all the public folders, but
they never move to the new server...

Any suggestions?
Thanks

0
Jason

I'm having the same problems, try the following:

- Check App logs on servers to see if Replication Messages are being
sent/recieved
- Make sure Connector allows system messages to pass through
- Use message tracker to track messages (you should see messages being sent
between these email addresses 'servername1-is@company.com' and
'servername2-is@company.com'
- Disable any Antivirus
- read this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842273

- the problem I'm having is this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843106&sd=ee
(I get event id 7010 - but you have to increase the Exchange Transport
logging to see it)

Im still working on it........fun and games!

"Jason Woodard" wrote:

> I'm trying to move our Exchange Public Foldersfrom an Exchange 2003 (SP1) to
> a new Exchange 2003 (SP2) server, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything.
> I've added the new server to the replica tab for all the public folders, but
> they never move to the new server...
>
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks

0
clive (12)
12/20/2005 2:29:03 PM
Thanks for the info.

The SMTP message aren't getting from one server to the other.

"Clive" <Clive@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having the same problems, try the following:
>
> - Check App logs on servers to see if Replication Messages are being
> sent/recieved
> - Make sure Connector allows system messages to pass through
> - Use message tracker to track messages (you should see messages being
> sent
> between these email addresses 'servername1-is@company.com' and
> 'servername2-is@company.com'
> - Disable any Antivirus
> - read this:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842273
>
> - the problem I'm having is this:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843106&sd=ee
> (I get event id 7010 - but you have to increase the Exchange Transport
> logging to see it)
>
> Im still working on it........fun and games!
>

> "Jason Woodard" wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to move our Exchange Public Foldersfrom an Exchange 2003 (SP1)
>> a new Exchange 2003 (SP2) server, and it doesn't seem to be doing
>> anything.
>> I've added the new server to the replica tab for all the public folders,
>> but
>> they never move to the new server...
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>> Thanks

0
Jason

How do I learn how to sync Outlook on 2 networked machines?
I've got Outlook 2k running on two W2k machines, and I want the in/out/sent boxes to match so I can see which mail I've read, replied to, etc from either computer. How do I do this? Thx. -Dave Do you have your own Mail Server or does your email come from an ISP's Mail Server? If you have your own, What Email Server are you connecting to? You can do this a few ways. >-----Original Message----- >I've got Outlook 2k running on two W2k machines, and I want the in/out/sent >boxes to match so I can see which mail I've read, replied to, etc from >either ...

Table of Contents #2
Can you have the table of contents received the titles of articles with page numbers automatically? DICK ATKINS wrote: > Can you have the table of contents received the titles of articles > with page numbers automatically? No - Publisher cannot create an automated ToC - if you need that I would venture to suggest you'd be better off using Word. If you want a decent proper job do it manually. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Homing Child public folder
Child Public Folder Appears Incorrectly on an Exchange Server. Our root folder is homed in Asia. My impression was when creating a child folder it creates on the server you reside on. It then replicates to the Public Folder then gets Re-homed to what every the parent folder is. This is not happening. Has anybody seen this before? ...

How to get rid of the gridline? #2
cool! thanks man -- slam ----------------------------------------------------------------------- slamm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26636 ...

2 level group per report
Hi, I have a report that needs to be grouped in 2 level, per country and per province/state. My problem is I need to see data on the first page of the first level group (country) and the first page of the second level group (province). I have tried many combination of forcing new page on both level but I cannot keep the group header of the province with the data when the province change, meaning I see data in Canada, Alberta and on the same page, I will see the group header of the next province when it is time to change on the same page. which I cannot see If I force new page on the p...

email publications
I have a 4 page newletter that I want to email in the body of the email but only 1 page comes thru. I have pub 2003. Any ideas You can't do it the way you want to. I have a page that will tell you how to do it but it's not something I'd rally want to do. We normally suggest converting the newsletter to a .pdf and attach that to the email. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "sunnyatrodeph" <sunnyatrodeph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:880FF3CD-FF2F-4839-A23E-A71F964602C5...

Pivot Table Calculated Item #2
The Calculated Item selection is greyed out on the Pivot Tables/Formula drop down menu. I have my cursor in a field that I want to calculate. What am I doing wrong? If your pivot table is based on OLAP source data, you can't create formulas. Could that be the problem? SamBayer1957 wrote: > The Calculated Item selection is greyed out on the Pivot Tables/Formula drop > down menu. I have my cursor in a field that I want to calculate. What am I > doing wrong? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Why won't my 2 publication pages switch to 2-pg view as asked?
This is a brand new publication. It only has two pages to it. There is hardly any content and NO web links. But when I use the VIEW drop down menu and click that very first option saying "Two-page spread", Microsoft Publisher does absolutely NOTHING! No, not in print view ... i'm saying "nothing". Yes, I've restarted my computer... all that. Also, in the master page view many of the options are totally greyed-out. Why doesn't microsoft just fix its software instead of adding new inefficient ones? You must have three or more pages to see a two-page ...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

calculate average of populated cells #2
i got it... =SUM(B5:B56)/COUNTA(B5:B56) would sum values in all rows from 5 to 56, and divide it by count which returns all rows with data... thanks, be -- learmon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- learmont's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1540 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27012 Just so you realize, CountA() will count *more* then just numbers. Are you sure that you want to divide your sum total by numbers & letters (text) & nulls & spaces? -- Regards...

No access to Public Folder
Hello There, I have a funky problem regarding Public Folders on a Exchange 2003 Standard. Although I see the Public Folders in Outlook I do not have the rights to add anything. I have set all the rights in Exchange System Manager, but still don't have access. Then I checked with ADSI Edit and found an entry for Public Folder but without an Entry for "Class". Also in the Exchange System Manager under Folders I do not see a "Public Folders" bu cannot creat one, because it is already there (so the warning I get). Does anyone of you have an idea? Thanks and Best Regards Dan...

Seks v polnolunie #2
Nedotroga znakomitsya s dildo ...

My deleted emails don't stay in my Deleted Items folder.
If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't appear in my "Deleted Items" folder. They seem to automatically purge. If I delete an email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up in my "Deleted Items" folder. I can do a right-click find on the "Deleted Items" folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure. I need to reset something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until I choose to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of weeks is to compact m...

Attaching emails from different folders
I am able to attach emails to a new email within a folder I created (clicking on each mail I want to attach, and right click "forward as attachment"). I am trying to figure out how I can attach different emails from within different email folders to a new email. I am using Outlook Express 6. Thanks ...

Mailbox displayed twice in folder view?
Running Outlook 2003 and I have my mailbox displayed twice under folder view. What can I do to have it displayed only once? TIA ...

show new mails in public folder
hello, our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. thank's for answeres. best regards Christain In news:DBD8EFB5-F0CA-4705-B9C1-854040BA514E@microsoft.com, Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > hello, > > our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to > see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. > > thank's for answeres. > > best regards > Christain What version of Outlook are you using? If yo...

Change 2 names in one cell to one name in 2 cells
Is there a way that if there are two names in one cell (a1), i.e.; Johnson--Jackson, that they can be changed to be listed in two different cells, such as, Johnson in cell b1 and Jackson in cell b2. I have a very long list of names and I do not want to go through the list and type every thing in again. Thanks for any assistance you can give me. WAB Use the Data/Text to Columns wizard. In article <1119050807.036631.231330@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, "wab" <noway667@att.net> wrote: > Is there a way that if there are two names in one cell (a1), i.e.; > Johnson-...

Unable to copy other's Contacts folder
To All, User A delegated and granted me full permission to access his Contacts list. My permission level is Owner. I can do anything but copy the whole "Contacts folder" to my mailbox. It says no permission. Anyway that I can copy other's Contacts folder into my mailbox. THanks Calvin Can you copy individual items? If so, create a new folder and copy the contacts to it - use By Category view to make it easier to see all of the contacts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

Querying 2 databases with one query string
I can use the following code to create a conection string: sConnect = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;" & _ "Data Source=Ben;" & _ "Initial Catalog=Northwind;" & _ "Integrated Security=SSPI" ...then execute a SQL statement to return the query results to my workbook. Is it possible though, to store the results of a query that joins 2 tables contaned in separate SQL databases? Thanks Ben ...

personal folders for multiple emails
There is a feature that I was willing to see in 2003 version, but I think it's not there yet. If i have multiple emails outlook will put all massages to a personal folder so my Inbox gets crowded. Can I have a personal folder for each email. I know i can do that using filters for each folder but i don't think this is a proper way for doing it. Please let me know if that is possible. You can create rules to move messages based on the account over which they were received. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ahmad Yahya" <gt21124@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4...

Filter Mode #2
Hi I have been sent a large spreadsheet. The problem is that when I fillter the data instead of the number of rows which have been filltered out being displayed on the left hand side of the status bar the words "filter mode" appear. How do I get rid of the "filter mode" so that status bar shows the number of records filtered? Elaine ...

Safe way to exchange Users folder to another HD
Hi all, windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new users", etc. could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has to be done. Thanks, Corsair. Corsair wrote: > windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal > HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). > > is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\U...

Unable to view public folders
We are currently running Microsoft Exchange 2000. I am currently attempting to create public folders and point a designated email address at them. I am creating each folder via a terminal logged on as Administrator. When I go to the Exchanger manager to view the public folder:- > Administrative Groups > 1st Adminastrive Groups > Public Folders The following message appears:- Enter Network Password Username Password The username field is already populated with the following information:- domanin\user When i attempt to enter the password the message reappears. Hope t...

Shared folders
Why are others able to select locked cells, in a shared folder? I have protected this worksheet and have set it so others could only select unlocked cells. ...

Public Folder Directory Rights
In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public folders. Now when I try to click directory rights button in the permissions tab within the properties of that folder in Exchange administrator I get "Unable to read security rights form the directory". I also remember inheritant rights prior. Anyone know how I can correct this so that I can fix the PF structure? -- SS I meant to say "I also removed inheritant rights earlier" -- SS "Steven" wrote: > In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public >...