Public folders problems after migration to e2k3

Just did an migration from 2000 to e2k3 and Outlook clients can't access
public folders. Just gives a generic error about not being able to open
the folder. In OWA I can open the folders and see all the contents. I
also get this error message in my Application log about FreeBusy and am
thinking they might be related.

Source:MSExchangeFBPublish
Category: General
Event IT:8197

Error initializing session for virtual machine $Mail$. The error number
is 0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running.

I have seen others have had problems with Calendar Connector, and an
uninstall took care of that, but I don't have calendar connector installed.

Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.

Jason
0
jason.meyer (105)

Update:

I just used pfmigrate to remove the replicas from my swing server and it
  didn't remove the replica from Public Folder Hierarchy and System
Configurations. So i tried to to it in ESM, and I get prompted for a
username/pw! I enter in my Domain Admin account info and it fails.

Jason Meyer wrote:

> Just did an migration from 2000 to e2k3 and Outlook clients can't access
> public folders. Just gives a generic error about not being able to open
> the folder. In OWA I can open the folders and see all the contents. I
> also get this error message in my Application log about FreeBusy and am
> thinking they might be related.
>

> Source:MSExchangeFBPublish
> Category: General
> Event IT:8197
>
> Error initializing session for virtual machine $Mail$. The error number
> is 0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running.
>
> I have seen others have had problems with Calendar Connector, and an
> uninstall took care of that, but I don't have calendar connector installed.
>
> Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Jason
0
jason.meyer (105)

windows search problem....
Hello! I have strange problem with windows search engine... i have 100000 txt files and im looking for special phrase in few txt files i know that phrase exist but windows search give me no information - can`t find. But on the other computer on the same phrase and same files works good. I have reinstall windows search ... but problem still exist... how can i resolve it? regards - HE ...

Problem with DNS TTL on exchange and DC records
I am having a lot of problems with Exchange hanging on users and have narrowed it down to the DNS TTL's being too low. On the e2k3 box I have deselected the DNS auto register feature. I change the A record on the DC and bump the TTL up to 7 days. But it keeps setting back to 20 mins which is way too low. I would also like to set the DC's to 1 day, but I am having the same problem. What am I missing? On 8 Aug 2006 09:35:30 -0700, nate.sellers@gmail.com wrote: >I am having a lot of problems with Exchange hanging on users and have >narrowed it down to the DNS TTL's being...

Outlook 2003
Hi, Recently, I have discovered and made use of the ability to create custom templates for entries into public folders. At our organization, we use them solely as calendars to illustrate to staff that, for example, John has a meeting at 10:00a, Sally is out of the office, etc. However, I would like to have the data entered into my custom forms displayed on the calendar. For example, by default, when data is entered into the "Subject" of the public folder, the information is displayed on the calendar for viewing. However, none of my custom fields will show this data as the "...

Problem with Email Addresses in Our Domain
Exchange Server 2003. We just moved our entire organization's email from an outside server to our own Exchange Server. We used to be able to send email to recipients of the form "first.last@goodnewsjail.org" or "first.last@mail.goodnewsjail.org." Now when folks send to @mail.goodnewsjail.org, their messages get stuck forever in the "mail.goodnewsjail.org" queue. The queue never empties. What do I need to do so that people can use either @goodnewsjail.org or @mail.goodnewsjail.org on their recipient addresses? Thanks for the help. -- Dr. Doug Prui...

Setting custom properties to an outlook folder
Hi, I'm new to the Outlook 2007 object model. I want to create and set some custom properties to my outlook folders. eg I want to set a property like 'SOURCE URL', which is of string type, that will enable me to find out programmatically which folder belongs to which url. I think PropertyAccessor has something to do with it. But I don't know how to use it. In what format the property name should be given? It throws an exception that 'Unable to parse the property name'. Please post the relevant portion of the code you already have in the = microsoft.public.outlook....

Problem with Exchange 2003 Permissions
I have a 2003 installation which only has one mailbox database and one public folder database in the first storage group. the issue im having is that i cannot mount the public folders db with the error " The store could not be mounted because the active directory information was not replicated yet you cant either... press cancel or retry" and when I do a retry i got "The Microsoft exchange information store service could not find the specified object." ID no: c1041722 I googled a lot about this issue which is supposed to be a permissions issue but i had alre...

Can not share subfolder without giving access to all other folders
Of course, I know (in theoriy) how to give access to a subfolder. And I know, that I have to set the permissions to "view folder" in the higher folders. I have done so. But when I set up this access in the client outlook, the user will have full access to all folders (really all). Why? (All tasks done, like described in this newsgroups) System: Outlook XP / 2003 on W2k, Exchange 5.5 under NT 4 SP 6 Anybody have an idea? Thanks, Dan (Sorry for my bad english) If they have access to "really all" folders, then you didn't set up the = permissions correctly on each ...

Technical problems with the web enabled newsgroup?
Hi, Is anyone else having trouble accessing this Great Plains newsgroup through the web browser interface? When I click on Great plains, sometimes it just hangs. Sometimes Great Plains comes up, but doing a search will cause it to hang. Logging into Passport before going to the web site doesn't seem to make any improvement. I have had go back to using Outlook Express. Any ideas? Regards, Brcobrem ...

There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server
Hi, During the installation of the CRM Outlook Client I have a problem where I cannot connect to the CRM server. I used the same address to connect CRM Server via the web browser. I then proceeded with the installation, hoping I could configure this after I've completed the installation. I couldn't find anywhere how I could configure the CRM Outlook client (Bit daft I thought or is it just me??) When I fired up Outlook I got these messages: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem...

Creating folders
May i know how to create an archive file folder in outlook folder thanks Go to the Tools menu and select Options, then select the Other tab, znd then select Auto Archive. There are options to set for Auto Archiving and also where the archive file is located. -- Dave Herard MOS Master Instructor Microsoft Certified Trainer www.clicknlearnct.com "Amin" wrote: > May i know how to create an archive file folder in outlook folder thanks ...

C# Keyboard Hook Problems
Hi, I'm trying to implement a keyboard hook that will receive all keyboard events within my application, and only my application, using C# .NET 3.5 and VS 2008. I'm using the following code: private delegate IntPtr KeyboardHookCallback(int nCode, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam); private static KeyboardHookCallback _callback = new KeyboardHookCallback(HookCallback); private const int WH_KEYBOARD_LL = 13; private static IntPtr SetHook() { return SetWindowsHookEx(WH_KEYBOARD_LL, _callback, IntPtr.Zero, Thread.CurrentThread.ManagedThreadId); } [DllImport("...

Connection problem between publisher and outlook (2003)
I've created a newsletter in publisher. I've clicked on send e-mail, then send this page as message. I get a messgae saying 'Publisher could not start the email program. Check network connection, etc' Outlokk is my email program and is up and running, there are no internet problems and other programs work fiine. I've tried detect and repair and also reinstalled office. Any other suggestions? -- Thanks Just checking - which version of Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "exmt...

Outlook 2003 Public Folders Calendar Moderator
I have set up a "Firm Calendar" in public folders in order to keep personal calendar items of users and firm items (such as hearings and the like) separate. A user will go to their personal calendar and create a firm item then invite attendees. The attendee in these cases (firm items) will be the "firm calendar" which has been set up as a contact in their contact lists. I have also set up a moderator to manage this "firm calendar". When a user sends this invitation to the "firm calendar" contact it also sends the calendar item notification t...

outlook log in problem
i have installed office pro 2003 and defaulted my mail to outlook from outlook express. all data for mail accounts has been transfered like for like but when trying to send/recieve mail a log on pop-up requesting verification of user name and password appears. it then rejects these as unrecognised. all mail that has passed through o/express is showing. i ahve double checked my settings also deleted the settings and reinstalled them and deleted all settings at o/express and reinstalled them to no avail. and if i go back to o/express everything works fine??? loofer wrote: > i have in...

Resolving "Bounce" Problem
My customer has been placed on SpamCop's list for a second time due to "Excessive Bounces". I am already diverting bad e-mail to the Exchange 2003 BADMAIL folder. And, I continue to get a variety of 5.x.x event entries. While our DNS is a little complicated (e-mail is initially directed to TM's VirusWall and then forwarded to Exchange 2003), I don't see any issues with our DNS entries. Why are we getting "Excessive Bounces"? -- Gary Ainsworth 713-854-6693 On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:56:02 -0800, GDA <GDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My cust...

text formatting problems
I receive spreadsheets from remote site support staff containing Ethernet addresses in a column. Often these are entered with spaces, hyphens, etc. between each pair. However, I need them to be 12 character strings, no spaces or other chars. The column is formatted as text, and I do a replace on the problem character. This works unless the address could be interpreted as an exponent; i.e 00-50-04-82-1E-20 becomes 5.00E+26 when I replace the hyphens with nothing. In addresses that do not contain alpha chars, the leading zeros are dropped. Has anyone else seen this? How do you get aroun...

2003 pop up "encountered a problem"
Pop up "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close" appears often. Outlook then must be closed and start again. What is this and how can I correct it. Charles Kerr ...

Outlook 2003 Synchronization Problems
Our company just upgraded our email server from exchange 2003 to the exchange 2007 a couple of weeks ago. Everything was Ok until yesterday. I am having a problem with only two computers using outlook 2003. The problem happens when we are inside our own LAN. There are two Synchronization errors I am getting and they are: First error: 9:18:41 Synchronizer Version 11.0.8000 9:18:41 Synchronizing Mailbox 'User Name' 9:18:41 Synchronizing Hierarchy 9:18:41 Done 9:18:41 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 9:18:41 0X8004010F Second Error: Task 'Microsoft E...

No Edge Server No Problem?
We are using an Ironmail appliance as a smarthost attached to our mail server that is functioning as all roles except the edge server. I'm trying to route mail out through the ironmail appliance but it does not seem to be working. There should not an issue routing mail out through the Ironmail appliance instead of an Edge server is there? Thanks. Nope, Edge isn't required. You might want to detail what is happening, what errors, can you manually telnet to the Ironmail appliance, etc, etc. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "D303M"...

GP 9 BR, problem setting up named printer
Perhaps I'm not doing something correctly...what I want to do is allow the users to select whatever printer they want. Some of them use local printers for checks, but I need to allow them to print reports to one or more of the network copier/printers. It appears I have to set a printer for System and Company before I can set anything else to Manual. If I do this for anyone who isn't an administrator, when they attempt to log in to GP (even on my PC as well as theirs, on which I tested a users' login), they receive "You don't have security privileges to open this w...

E-mailing publications in publisher
HELP! I want to save publisher files in a JPEG format to be able to e-mail flyers, for example, to my clients. Wayne <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HELP! I want to save publisher files in a JPEG format to be able to > e-mail flyers, for example, to my clients. Why not use PDF? There are free converters online, e.g. at www.primiopdf.com. Publisher 2002 has a low-res Save as JPEG, Publisher 2003 a high-res one. And then there's SnagIt - JoAnn posted a tutorial a few weeks ago in the subject line "How to send a multipage newslett...

Recurring Booking Resource Problem
Hi there, When I book a meeting with a resource in recurring, I get an error: "Resource has declined your meeting because it is recurring" I thought it was a bug with my Exchange 2000 Server or my Office 2000. So, I just waited until... I upgraded my Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003, and I upgrade my Office 2000 to Office 2003. But, the problem still exists. Any idea would appreciated. Ross YOu need to check the config file of the autoaccept agent. THere is an option to refuse recurring appointments "Ross" <nospam@ross.com> wrote in message news:7K2dnRGK8Yekd9...

Weird problem with Publisher's listing of available printers #2
None of the installed printers will show up in Publisher on this lady's computer. They are installed in Windows and show up fine in other Office Programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). However, when you go to print a document in Publisher, the only printers listed are the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" and the "Lanfax Printer". None of the physical printers are listed! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the printers. I also tried upgrading from Publisher XP to Publisher 2003, but the problem has persisted. I have googled this and searched Micr...

Problem wiih declared index in xml
In Access 2003, I exported a table in a file.XML, with shema (and with primary keys ans index informations) and data. One of the rules on indexes is that field 'Name' & 'First Name' must be unique. And I can see that is defined in the shema of the .xml file. Now, I read this file when opening a form in VS2005 with this code : ------------------------------- Dim dt As New DataSet dt.ReadXml("c:\temp\obj2.xml", XmlReadMode.ReadSchema) Me.DataGridView1.DataSource = dt.Tables("obj") ------------------------------- So, I see data in the DataGridView, and it ...

Personal Folder did not close properly
I'm running Outlook 2002 with Exchange Server 2003. I have personal folder along with my exhcange mailbox in Outlook. When opening Outlook I receive an error message stating that the Personal folder did not close properly and will have to be checked/repair. The repair runs and than all is fine, but this error comes back again. ...