Public Folders on 2nd server through OWA #2

HI
     I'm reposting it with new information. A client is running two exchange 2000 SP3 servers. One for mailboxes/outlook web access and 2nd sever dedicated for public folders. None of the servers is designated as front end server. Users can access mail through OWA using http://exchange.domain.com fine but when they tries to access public folders on the second server the browser points to http://server2.domain.com/public/foldername which is not accessible from outside. 2nd exchange server hosting pubic folders does have IIS installed and within LAN i can acess public folders on second server through url http://server2.domain.com/public/ fine.
Questions: How can I access public folders on the second exchange server through the OWA server
Do I need to install a front end server to achive this
Please help
Thanks
0
anonymous (74718)

Homing Child public folder
Child Public Folder Appears Incorrectly on an Exchange Server. Our root folder is homed in Asia. My impression was when creating a child folder it creates on the server you reside on. It then replicates to the Public Folder then gets Re-homed to what every the parent folder is. This is not happening. Has anybody seen this before? ...

Configure Properties of Windows User (Terminal Server Eviroment)
Hi All, I created a windows user with vbnet, with the instructions of the code: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb&tid=108cb9a7-cd5c-49ef-b21b-2ed843dca767&cat=en-us-msdn&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1 but now, i need configure the options with vbnet: In the properties of user: label: the Profile of Terminal Server Services, i need configure the path of homedir with a value. for example ("C:\myDir") And label: in the option ("Ent...

email publications
I have a 4 page newletter that I want to email in the body of the email but only 1 page comes thru. I have pub 2003. Any ideas You can't do it the way you want to. I have a page that will tell you how to do it but it's not something I'd rally want to do. We normally suggest converting the newsletter to a .pdf and attach that to the email. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "sunnyatrodeph" <sunnyatrodeph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:880FF3CD-FF2F-4839-A23E-A71F964602C5...

2 level group per report
Hi, I have a report that needs to be grouped in 2 level, per country and per province/state. My problem is I need to see data on the first page of the first level group (country) and the first page of the second level group (province). I have tried many combination of forcing new page on both level but I cannot keep the group header of the province with the data when the province change, meaning I see data in Canada, Alberta and on the same page, I will see the group header of the next province when it is time to change on the same page. which I cannot see If I force new page on the p...

How to get rid of the gridline? #2
cool! thanks man -- slam ----------------------------------------------------------------------- slamm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26636 ...

http virtual server #3
I know you love newbie type material, so here is one. I have exchange server 2003 and am having a problem with exchange virual server (http) In server management/exchange/protocols/http the virtual server has stopped after a planned reboot. I have right clicked and "start", but it sends me an error "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process--Facility: Win32, ID No: 80070020" What service is this referring to. This has to be something simple and I am not very experienced in exchange----help...........please? Are there any other web...

Why won't my 2 publication pages switch to 2-pg view as asked?
This is a brand new publication. It only has two pages to it. There is hardly any content and NO web links. But when I use the VIEW drop down menu and click that very first option saying "Two-page spread", Microsoft Publisher does absolutely NOTHING! No, not in print view ... i'm saying "nothing". Yes, I've restarted my computer... all that. Also, in the master page view many of the options are totally greyed-out. Why doesn't microsoft just fix its software instead of adding new inefficient ones? You must have three or more pages to see a two-page ...

calculate average of populated cells #2
i got it... =SUM(B5:B56)/COUNTA(B5:B56) would sum values in all rows from 5 to 56, and divide it by count which returns all rows with data... thanks, be -- learmon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- learmont's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1540 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27012 Just so you realize, CountA() will count *more* then just numbers. Are you sure that you want to divide your sum total by numbers & letters (text) & nulls & spaces? -- Regards...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

Authentication process in owa
which server does owa use when there is more than one domain controller for authentication? lets suppose..i have a single exchange site... dc1, a nt pdc and exchange 5.5 mailbox server with owa 5.5 installed and in a different location theres dc2, a nt bdc. in this dc2's location i have a mailbox server. now i install owa in dc2's location. now this newly installed owa server wil use which server for authentication? if its gonna use dc1 pdc.. how do i point it to use dc2 bdc? Put the OWA server and DC2 in the same AD site and move the other DC to another site. That will som...

No access to Public Folder
Hello There, I have a funky problem regarding Public Folders on a Exchange 2003 Standard. Although I see the Public Folders in Outlook I do not have the rights to add anything. I have set all the rights in Exchange System Manager, but still don't have access. Then I checked with ADSI Edit and found an entry for Public Folder but without an Entry for "Class". Also in the Exchange System Manager under Folders I do not see a "Public Folders" bu cannot creat one, because it is already there (so the warning I get). Does anyone of you have an idea? Thanks and Best Regards Dan...

My deleted emails don't stay in my Deleted Items folder.
If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't appear in my "Deleted Items" folder. They seem to automatically purge. If I delete an email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up in my "Deleted Items" folder. I can do a right-click find on the "Deleted Items" folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure. I need to reset something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until I choose to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of weeks is to compact m...

Attaching emails from different folders
I am able to attach emails to a new email within a folder I created (clicking on each mail I want to attach, and right click "forward as attachment"). I am trying to figure out how I can attach different emails from within different email folders to a new email. I am using Outlook Express 6. Thanks ...

Mailbox displayed twice in folder view?
Running Outlook 2003 and I have my mailbox displayed twice under folder view. What can I do to have it displayed only once? TIA ...

show new mails in public folder
hello, our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. thank's for answeres. best regards Christain In news:DBD8EFB5-F0CA-4705-B9C1-854040BA514E@microsoft.com, Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > hello, > > our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to > see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. > > thank's for answeres. > > best regards > Christain What version of Outlook are you using? If yo...

Unable to copy other's Contacts folder
To All, User A delegated and granted me full permission to access his Contacts list. My permission level is Owner. I can do anything but copy the whole "Contacts folder" to my mailbox. It says no permission. Anyway that I can copy other's Contacts folder into my mailbox. THanks Calvin Can you copy individual items? If so, create a new folder and copy the contacts to it - use By Category view to make it easier to see all of the contacts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

Change 2 names in one cell to one name in 2 cells
Is there a way that if there are two names in one cell (a1), i.e.; Johnson--Jackson, that they can be changed to be listed in two different cells, such as, Johnson in cell b1 and Jackson in cell b2. I have a very long list of names and I do not want to go through the list and type every thing in again. Thanks for any assistance you can give me. WAB Use the Data/Text to Columns wizard. In article <1119050807.036631.231330@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, "wab" <noway667@att.net> wrote: > Is there a way that if there are two names in one cell (a1), i.e.; > Johnson-...

Filter Mode #2
Hi I have been sent a large spreadsheet. The problem is that when I fillter the data instead of the number of rows which have been filltered out being displayed on the left hand side of the status bar the words "filter mode" appear. How do I get rid of the "filter mode" so that status bar shows the number of records filtered? Elaine ...

personal folders for multiple emails
There is a feature that I was willing to see in 2003 version, but I think it's not there yet. If i have multiple emails outlook will put all massages to a personal folder so my Inbox gets crowded. Can I have a personal folder for each email. I know i can do that using filters for each folder but i don't think this is a proper way for doing it. Please let me know if that is possible. You can create rules to move messages based on the account over which they were received. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ahmad Yahya" <gt21124@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4...

[OL2003] Free/busy information not automatically updated on server
Hi, my free/busy information are not automatically updated every 5 minutes despite the configuration in Calendar Options. The manual update works perfectly fine. Working without exchange, but with OL2003/Vista. Any hints are highly appreciated. Best wishes, J. Where are you publishing your free/busy? http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/freebusy.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jannick Asmus asked: | Hi, | | my free/busy informa...

Safe way to exchange Users folder to another HD
Hi all, windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new users", etc. could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has to be done. Thanks, Corsair. Corsair wrote: > windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal > HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). > > is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\U...

Unable to view public folders
We are currently running Microsoft Exchange 2000. I am currently attempting to create public folders and point a designated email address at them. I am creating each folder via a terminal logged on as Administrator. When I go to the Exchanger manager to view the public folder:- > Administrative Groups > 1st Adminastrive Groups > Public Folders The following message appears:- Enter Network Password Username Password The username field is already populated with the following information:- domanin\user When i attempt to enter the password the message reappears. Hope t...

Shared folders
Why are others able to select locked cells, in a shared folder? I have protected this worksheet and have set it so others could only select unlocked cells. ...

sites and services servers
Hi I recently went into our AD site and services and noticed under servers there are about 4 servers that havent been online for months. Is it safe to just remove/delete them here? Also our licensing server is listing a dead server? Wondering why it never showed anything in event log. This is a 2003 sp2 server in a small domain with 2 other DCs Thanks Shem You need to perform a metadata cleanup. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736378(WS.10).aspx You can follow this article to change the licensing sever http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc...

Pivot table toolbar #2
User wants to open Excel-file containing Pivot table in IE. The problem is that the Pivot table toolbar opens also and the user doesn't want others to be confused by it. The versions are Excel 2003 and IE 5.5 or IE 6.0. For me it works fine if I have saved the file toolbar hidden but for the user that doesn't work. Why is it working for me, but not for her? ...