Public folders not displaying for users with Author level permissi

One Windows Server 2003 with Exchange Server 2003 installed. Outlook 2003.

I created several new public folders a couple of weeks ago, and gave a
couple of dozen users Author access to them. I have not confirmed with all of
the users, but a couple of them can't see the folder listed at all.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
0
Danny (88)

Are the users permissions set such that they have the 'Folder Visible' right
selected?  The Author role should give this, I think, but I'm wondering if
the problematic users are not Authors, etc and don't have this role
selected.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Danny" <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One Windows Server 2003 with Exchange Server 2003 installed. Outlook 2003.
>
> I created several new public folders a couple of weeks ago, and gave a
> couple of dozen users Author access to them. I have not confirmed with all
of
> the users, but a couple of them can't see the folder listed at all.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you.

0
neil.hobson (1158)
10/6/2004 9:15:42 PM
"Neil Hobson [MVP]" wrote:

> Are the users permissions set such that they have the 'Folder Visible' right
> selected?

Yes.

Thanks Neil.

-Danny

0
Danny (88)
10/6/2004 9:33:06 PM
Any other suggestions? Thank you.
0
Danny (88)
10/13/2004 2:39:02 PM
Hi Danny,
Sorry, no other ideas. I only 2nd that the only way is an offline defrag.
The eseutil is plenty powerful so make sure you've got a copy/rename of your
*.edb. The eseutil does it's crunching on a copy when it runs, but don't
stop it (it will likely look like it's hung, but that's ok).

> Any other suggestions? Thank you.

0
daver1 (2)

Configure Properties of Windows User (Terminal Server Eviroment)
Hi All, I created a windows user with vbnet, with the instructions of the code: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb&tid=108cb9a7-cd5c-49ef-b21b-2ed843dca767&cat=en-us-msdn&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1 but now, i need configure the options with vbnet: In the properties of user: label: the Profile of Terminal Server Services, i need configure the path of homedir with a value. for example ("C:\myDir") And label: in the option ("Ent...

Homing Child public folder
Child Public Folder Appears Incorrectly on an Exchange Server. Our root folder is homed in Asia. My impression was when creating a child folder it creates on the server you reside on. It then replicates to the Public Folder then gets Re-homed to what every the parent folder is. This is not happening. Has anybody seen this before? ...

2 level group per report
Hi, I have a report that needs to be grouped in 2 level, per country and per province/state. My problem is I need to see data on the first page of the first level group (country) and the first page of the second level group (province). I have tried many combination of forcing new page on both level but I cannot keep the group header of the province with the data when the province change, meaning I see data in Canada, Alberta and on the same page, I will see the group header of the next province when it is time to change on the same page. which I cannot see If I force new page on the p...

Display text, Position indicator bar, and color control in Progress bar in VC++6 MFC?
Dear All, I am building a progress bar in VC++6 MFC, how can I dispaly text information on it? Can I control it for only displaying a narrow bar indicator at the position rathern than dispalying a band bar from the begining to the current position? Also, can I easily control its bar and background color? Many thanks, Here is how to do text display on progress control. http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/text_progressctrl.asp Here are some custom ones http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/ccylinderprogresscontrol.asp Find all kind of examples here http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/...

email publications
I have a 4 page newletter that I want to email in the body of the email but only 1 page comes thru. I have pub 2003. Any ideas You can't do it the way you want to. I have a page that will tell you how to do it but it's not something I'd rally want to do. We normally suggest converting the newsletter to a .pdf and attach that to the email. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "sunnyatrodeph" <sunnyatrodeph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:880FF3CD-FF2F-4839-A23E-A71F964602C5...

More discount levels in RMS
I want to set up some customers at cost plus 15%, 10% etc. I cannot do that with the current Customer discounts. I tried using Price B as a cost plus - but that means every new item needs to have the price level B created when it is entered into the system. Need to add this feature or is there a way already to do this within version 2.0? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this ...

Why won't my 2 publication pages switch to 2-pg view as asked?
This is a brand new publication. It only has two pages to it. There is hardly any content and NO web links. But when I use the VIEW drop down menu and click that very first option saying "Two-page spread", Microsoft Publisher does absolutely NOTHING! No, not in print view ... i'm saying "nothing". Yes, I've restarted my computer... all that. Also, in the master page view many of the options are totally greyed-out. Why doesn't microsoft just fix its software instead of adding new inefficient ones? You must have three or more pages to see a two-page ...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

Can I display a dialog within another dialog?
I want to create a dialog like the project properties dialog with a tree view on the left and different dialogs on the right depending on what item was selected in teh tree view. So can I load a dialog onto another dialog? "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33C29794-188A-4AD4-A5E4-20B668ABC104@microsoft.com... > I want to create a dialog like the project properties dialog with a tree view > on the left and different dialogs on the right depending on what item was > selected in teh tree view. > > So can I load a dialog ...

No access to Public Folder
Hello There, I have a funky problem regarding Public Folders on a Exchange 2003 Standard. Although I see the Public Folders in Outlook I do not have the rights to add anything. I have set all the rights in Exchange System Manager, but still don't have access. Then I checked with ADSI Edit and found an entry for Public Folder but without an Entry for "Class". Also in the Exchange System Manager under Folders I do not see a "Public Folders" bu cannot creat one, because it is already there (so the warning I get). Does anyone of you have an idea? Thanks and Best Regards Dan...

My deleted emails don't stay in my Deleted Items folder.
If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't appear in my "Deleted Items" folder. They seem to automatically purge. If I delete an email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up in my "Deleted Items" folder. I can do a right-click find on the "Deleted Items" folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure. I need to reset something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until I choose to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of weeks is to compact m...

Can both the x and y axes display values?
I understand that the default chart setup in Excel is for the y-axis to display relative values and the x-axis to display categories (often time periods). I want, though, to have both axes display values. Specifically, I want the x-axis to be increments of lactate acid levels and the y-axis to be increments of heart rate. I want to plot a single line that connects points that are intersections of a specific lactic acid level and a specific heart rate. Can I do this and, if so, how do I do this? Thank you in advance. Hi, Use the xy scatter chart type. It has a sub type that c...

Attaching emails from different folders
I am able to attach emails to a new email within a folder I created (clicking on each mail I want to attach, and right click "forward as attachment"). I am trying to figure out how I can attach different emails from within different email folders to a new email. I am using Outlook Express 6. Thanks ...

show new mails in public folder
hello, our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. thank's for answeres. best regards Christain In news:DBD8EFB5-F0CA-4705-B9C1-854040BA514E@microsoft.com, Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > hello, > > our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to > see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. > > thank's for answeres. > > best regards > Christain What version of Outlook are you using? If yo...

Mailbox displayed twice in folder view?
Running Outlook 2003 and I have my mailbox displayed twice under folder view. What can I do to have it displayed only once? TIA ...

Error Number: 0x80041d1f
Hi all! One of our users recieved an error 80041d1f when he tried to login CRM. I found this means "Invalid User Id". I've checked security roles, everything all right. Other users with such roles work normally. I've checked security groups UserGroup and ReportingGroup. They have our user as a member. May be I've missed something? Any help will be very appreciate. Thanks in advance! Hi Aline, Not sure which version of CRM you are using but this may be useful: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946620 HTH, Niths "Aline" wrote: > Hi all! > One of our user...

Users / CAL
I am preparing to setup a SBS Server at one of my clients, but starting to worry a little about the licensing. They are 7 "normal" users. that is users with mail address, access to 3 fileshares, VPN from outside, you know, a normal user :) Then from time to time, they have maybe 15-25 students doing some projects at their office, each bringing a laptop, and have to access one of the fileshares (And only that share) So I was kind of wondering if it was possible to do this, without having to buy a CAL pr. student that would access this one folder (If all the student...

Unable to copy other's Contacts folder
To All, User A delegated and granted me full permission to access his Contacts list. My permission level is Owner. I can do anything but copy the whole "Contacts folder" to my mailbox. It says no permission. Anyway that I can copy other's Contacts folder into my mailbox. THanks Calvin Can you copy individual items? If so, create a new folder and copy the contacts to it - use By Category view to make it easier to see all of the contacts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

personal folders for multiple emails
There is a feature that I was willing to see in 2003 version, but I think it's not there yet. If i have multiple emails outlook will put all massages to a personal folder so my Inbox gets crowded. Can I have a personal folder for each email. I know i can do that using filters for each folder but i don't think this is a proper way for doing it. Please let me know if that is possible. You can create rules to move messages based on the account over which they were received. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ahmad Yahya" <gt21124@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4...

How to add Menu and Toolbar Items at GP Main Window level
All, How can I add items to Main Menu and Main Toolbar in GP, and hook em up to events so I could launch a .NET Form created in VS. This is not about form level menu (which could be done using GP->Modifier), rather at the GP Level. Also, related to the same idea, how can I add a tab on top of other tabs in Left Panel (Inventory, Purchasing, Financials etc...) so I could launch a new application. Thanks -- MRT Check out the Dexterity Integration guide (IG.PDF), about page 165 for details on Commands and Menus. AFAIK, you'll have to write Dex code to make this happen. With r...

Displaying criteria from a combo box
Hello, I have a combo box that has about 25 items listed in it. On the form, when i click the drop down box, I am trying to get it to display all the items versus having to scroll down through them. Does anybody know how to make this happen?? Thanks -- Steve Steve, Adjust the List Rows properties of the combo to 25 (or more) If List Rows = 30, and you only have 25, only 25 rows show. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never w...

Unable to view public folders
We are currently running Microsoft Exchange 2000. I am currently attempting to create public folders and point a designated email address at them. I am creating each folder via a terminal logged on as Administrator. When I go to the Exchanger manager to view the public folder:- > Administrative Groups > 1st Adminastrive Groups > Public Folders The following message appears:- Enter Network Password Username Password The username field is already populated with the following information:- domanin\user When i attempt to enter the password the message reappears. Hope t...

Safe way to exchange Users folder to another HD
Hi all, windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new users", etc. could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has to be done. Thanks, Corsair. Corsair wrote: > windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal > HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). > > is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\U...

HELP! sum value to be displayed in sheet 2 when data is in sheet 1
How do I do this? any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =SUM(Sheet1!A1:A100) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Muppet >" <<Muppet.18bcuz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Muppet.18bcuz@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do I do this? any ideas? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > =SUM(Sheet1!$A:$A) as an example for sum of Column A in Sheet1 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Shared folders
Why are others able to select locked cells, in a shared folder? I have protected this worksheet and have set it so others could only select unlocked cells. ...