Public folders Exchange 5.5 problem

Hi everyone, I have a problem with Exchange 5.5. I was doing the segregation
of my old stuff and i was trying to transfer the massages from the public
folders to the "podfolder also public, but there was a communicate that it
is impossible to move some of them. So i decided to copy them to the
archives public folders, but the problem is that after this operation
deleting 1 massage is taking 20 - 30 seconds. When i would like to delete a
1000 messages it would take few hours. Does someone know what is going on
with that?

Piotr

0
pk.z (1)

Homing Child public folder
Child Public Folder Appears Incorrectly on an Exchange Server. Our root folder is homed in Asia. My impression was when creating a child folder it creates on the server you reside on. It then replicates to the Public Folder then gets Re-homed to what every the parent folder is. This is not happening. Has anybody seen this before? ...

Reports Problem
I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they have any work arounds: If I customize a report to show all transactions for a specific set of categories (deliberately chosen) then choose all types of transactions, I get ALL the transfers that are in the time period whether or not they are in the selected categories or not. I have to do select in come as type, then expense then transfers so I have three reports or I get ALL the transfers in the database that fall in the date range. Any suggestions? thanks, Brian W. In microsoft.public.money, Brian W wrote: >I am wonder...

email publications
I have a 4 page newletter that I want to email in the body of the email but only 1 page comes thru. I have pub 2003. Any ideas You can't do it the way you want to. I have a page that will tell you how to do it but it's not something I'd rally want to do. We normally suggest converting the newsletter to a .pdf and attach that to the email. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "sunnyatrodeph" <sunnyatrodeph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:880FF3CD-FF2F-4839-A23E-A71F964602C5...

Why won't my 2 publication pages switch to 2-pg view as asked?
This is a brand new publication. It only has two pages to it. There is hardly any content and NO web links. But when I use the VIEW drop down menu and click that very first option saying "Two-page spread", Microsoft Publisher does absolutely NOTHING! No, not in print view ... i'm saying "nothing". Yes, I've restarted my computer... all that. Also, in the master page view many of the options are totally greyed-out. Why doesn't microsoft just fix its software instead of adding new inefficient ones? You must have three or more pages to see a two-page ...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

Where can I change the NDR messages that exchange 2003 sends ?
I would like to change the messages that my exchange server sends to a "person" that have send a e-amil the could not be delivered (NDR),, Any1 know where I can do this... On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 09:10:01 -0800, TroelsM <TroelsM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to change the messages that my exchange server sends to a >"person" that have send a e-amil the could not be delivered (NDR),, > >Any1 know where I can do this... Nothing built in to any current Exchange product in production. Exch 2007 will allow customizable NDRs. ...

No access to Public Folder
Hello There, I have a funky problem regarding Public Folders on a Exchange 2003 Standard. Although I see the Public Folders in Outlook I do not have the rights to add anything. I have set all the rights in Exchange System Manager, but still don't have access. Then I checked with ADSI Edit and found an entry for Public Folder but without an Entry for "Class". Also in the Exchange System Manager under Folders I do not see a "Public Folders" bu cannot creat one, because it is already there (so the warning I get). Does anyone of you have an idea? Thanks and Best Regards Dan...

Drop Down List #5
Hello, I'm having some trouble regarding 'same entries' selection... I.E. I have the following data List of Hospitals Machine Used Machine Readings Hospital A Roche Analyzer 12.65 Hospital B Abbot Analyzer 25.9 Hospital C Vitros Analyzer 1.45 Hospital A Dimension Analyzer 3.6 I've structured a Report Form that contains a drop-down list fo selecting the hospital, then upon selection (let's say Hospital B), th machine used and the m...

My deleted emails don't stay in my Deleted Items folder.
If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't appear in my "Deleted Items" folder. They seem to automatically purge. If I delete an email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up in my "Deleted Items" folder. I can do a right-click find on the "Deleted Items" folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure. I need to reset something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until I choose to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of weeks is to compact m...

Mailbox displayed twice in folder view?
Running Outlook 2003 and I have my mailbox displayed twice under folder view. What can I do to have it displayed only once? TIA ...

show new mails in public folder
hello, our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. thank's for answeres. best regards Christain In news:DBD8EFB5-F0CA-4705-B9C1-854040BA514E@microsoft.com, Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > hello, > > our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to > see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. > > thank's for answeres. > > best regards > Christain What version of Outlook are you using? If yo...

chapter 5 SBS book 2007
ignore last question. I can select timeline, but the export to Project won't happen, and the Import won't happen for this file. Is it because I have the trail version of Visio 2007? ------=_NextPart_0001_A9283505 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Do you have Project Pro installed on the machine as well? Barb Way Product Support - Visio Microsoft Corporation [This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.] -------------------- ignore last question. I can select timeline, but the export to Project won't happe...

Activex, CSocket and CResourceException Problem
Hi, I'm trying to write activex control with mfc which connect to the another app through socket. The socket conn form activex to the app is made on a different thread. The thread is initialize by function: HANDLE threadHandle = CreateThread(NULL,NULL, (LPTHREAD_START_ROUTINE)ThreadProc, (LPVOID)this, NULL, &dwID); and everything works correct except this that i,m tryin to connect from another instance of this activex i get CResourceexception. Anu ideas how to avoid this? CSocket is declare localy and in ThreadProc is no loops...

Attaching emails from different folders
I am able to attach emails to a new email within a folder I created (clicking on each mail I want to attach, and right click "forward as attachment"). I am trying to figure out how I can attach different emails from within different email folders to a new email. I am using Outlook Express 6. Thanks ...

Exchange 5.5 issue
I'm runnign two exchange servers aour current exchange 2003 server and we have an old 5.5 that our fax server relies on to pass faxes onto the exchange 2003. A user got the following message stating that Your message is still qued at the Internet Mail Service (Exchange_old). The message will continue to be retried until the configured maximum timeout period and if delivery cannot be completed by then, your message will be returned to you. What is this message? And its coming from our old exchange server? Whay would this be. Dear George, Thank you for your post! I understand...

Unable to copy other's Contacts folder
To All, User A delegated and granted me full permission to access his Contacts list. My permission level is Owner. I can do anything but copy the whole "Contacts folder" to my mailbox. It says no permission. Anyway that I can copy other's Contacts folder into my mailbox. THanks Calvin Can you copy individual items? If so, create a new folder and copy the contacts to it - use By Category view to make it easier to see all of the contacts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

personal folders for multiple emails
There is a feature that I was willing to see in 2003 version, but I think it's not there yet. If i have multiple emails outlook will put all massages to a personal folder so my Inbox gets crowded. Can I have a personal folder for each email. I know i can do that using filters for each folder but i don't think this is a proper way for doing it. Please let me know if that is possible. You can create rules to move messages based on the account over which they were received. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ahmad Yahya" <gt21124@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4...

Safe way to exchange Users folder to another HD
Hi all, windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new users", etc. could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has to be done. Thanks, Corsair. Corsair wrote: > windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal > HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). > > is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\U...

Unable to view public folders
We are currently running Microsoft Exchange 2000. I am currently attempting to create public folders and point a designated email address at them. I am creating each folder via a terminal logged on as Administrator. When I go to the Exchanger manager to view the public folder:- > Administrative Groups > 1st Adminastrive Groups > Public Folders The following message appears:- Enter Network Password Username Password The username field is already populated with the following information:- domanin\user When i attempt to enter the password the message reappears. Hope t...

Exchange Upgrade and Outlook 2000
After upgrading our mail sever to exchange 2003 our oulook 2000 clients do not automatically refresh when mail arives. You have to click in the inbox to get new mail. Any Suggestions. OL2000: You Cannot Receive New E-mail Notifications in Environments That Use the Network Address Translation http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304849&Product=out2K --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. ...

Exchange Database Backup Errors
I am seeing the following the following error in the application log of my Exchange Server: Source: ESE Backup Category: Callback Event ID: 904 Information Store (3148) Callback function call ErrESECBGetDatabaseInfo ended with error 0x8004010F. I use Veritas NetBackup to backup my Exchange Databases. Does anyone have any ideas? Melvin Golder Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis mgolder@fhlbi.com I'd give Veritas support a call. On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:05:28 -0500, "Melvin E. Golder" <mgolder@fhlbi.com> wrote: >I am seeing the following the following error...

Shared folders
Why are others able to select locked cells, in a shared folder? I have protected this worksheet and have set it so others could only select unlocked cells. ...

Problem decompiling database
Hi All, I have two database applications. Both are in Access 2002. One has been around a few years. I decompile and recompile before each release without issue. The second application is relatively new, with most of its guts imported from the older app. Everything seems okay with the new app, in that it compiles and runs and such. When I try to use the /decompile switch on it, I get a message that "Microsoft Access has experienced a problem and needs to close. We're not sorry enough for the inconvenience to give you any real information." I might be paraphras...

Public Folder Directory Rights
In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public folders. Now when I try to click directory rights button in the permissions tab within the properties of that folder in Exchange administrator I get "Unable to read security rights form the directory". I also remember inheritant rights prior. Anyone know how I can correct this so that I can fix the PF structure? -- SS I meant to say "I also removed inheritant rights earlier" -- SS "Steven" wrote: > In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public >...