Public Folders Exchange 2003 Server.

Hi.

I'm having some problems with mail-enabled public folders in exchange 2003.
The problem is that the users I give permissions does not get this folder visible in their public folder view in Outlook. Other folders appear just fine.
The folder receives e-mails. I can see the folder size increase.
No matter how high the permissions i give the users, the folder does not appear at all.

Any tips anyone?

0
B1 (229)

Can anyone see the new PF in the Outlook tree? How did you create this PF?
Using Outlook or ESM?

"B" <B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I'm having some problems with mail-enabled public folders in exchange
2003.
> The problem is that the users I give permissions does not get this folder
visible in their public folder view in Outlook. Other folders appear just
fine.
> The folder receives e-mails. I can see the folder size increase.
> No matter how high the permissions i give the users, the folder does not
appear at all.

> Any tips anyone?

0
Megan

Configure Properties of Windows User (Terminal Server Eviroment)
Hi All, I created a windows user with vbnet, with the instructions of the code: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb&tid=108cb9a7-cd5c-49ef-b21b-2ed843dca767&cat=en-us-msdn&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1 but now, i need configure the options with vbnet: In the properties of user: label: the Profile of Terminal Server Services, i need configure the path of homedir with a value. for example ("C:\myDir") And label: in the option ("Ent...

Cannot send message Outlook 2003
Receiving message works fine but I can't send them. I have checked my settings. I receive an error message telling that the conexion to the server was interupted. How can I diagnose the problem. I have checked also with my provider. And on their side it seems to be fine. Bernard Additional information The err number is 0x800CCC0F and I get the same wether my Norton Internet Security is active or not. Bernard "msnews.microsoft.com" <bernard@bouree.net> a �crit dans le message de news: OCpGDQWRHHA.4060@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Receiving message works fine but I...

Homing Child public folder
Child Public Folder Appears Incorrectly on an Exchange Server. Our root folder is homed in Asia. My impression was when creating a child folder it creates on the server you reside on. It then replicates to the Public Folder then gets Re-homed to what every the parent folder is. This is not happening. Has anybody seen this before? ...

email publications
I have a 4 page newletter that I want to email in the body of the email but only 1 page comes thru. I have pub 2003. Any ideas You can't do it the way you want to. I have a page that will tell you how to do it but it's not something I'd rally want to do. We normally suggest converting the newsletter to a .pdf and attach that to the email. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "sunnyatrodeph" <sunnyatrodeph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:880FF3CD-FF2F-4839-A23E-A71F964602C5...

Why won't my 2 publication pages switch to 2-pg view as asked?
This is a brand new publication. It only has two pages to it. There is hardly any content and NO web links. But when I use the VIEW drop down menu and click that very first option saying "Two-page spread", Microsoft Publisher does absolutely NOTHING! No, not in print view ... i'm saying "nothing". Yes, I've restarted my computer... all that. Also, in the master page view many of the options are totally greyed-out. Why doesn't microsoft just fix its software instead of adding new inefficient ones? You must have three or more pages to see a two-page ...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

Where can I change the NDR messages that exchange 2003 sends ?
I would like to change the messages that my exchange server sends to a "person" that have send a e-amil the could not be delivered (NDR),, Any1 know where I can do this... On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 09:10:01 -0800, TroelsM <TroelsM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to change the messages that my exchange server sends to a >"person" that have send a e-amil the could not be delivered (NDR),, > >Any1 know where I can do this... Nothing built in to any current Exchange product in production. Exch 2007 will allow customizable NDRs. ...

No access to Public Folder
Hello There, I have a funky problem regarding Public Folders on a Exchange 2003 Standard. Although I see the Public Folders in Outlook I do not have the rights to add anything. I have set all the rights in Exchange System Manager, but still don't have access. Then I checked with ADSI Edit and found an entry for Public Folder but without an Entry for "Class". Also in the Exchange System Manager under Folders I do not see a "Public Folders" bu cannot creat one, because it is already there (so the warning I get). Does anyone of you have an idea? Thanks and Best Regards Dan...

Outlook 2003 Stays running in the systray
When I close my outlook 2003 the outlook icon that runs in the systray will not close. If I try to open outlook again nothing happens. I have to go into taks manager and kill the process before I can re open outlook. I an running XP Pro all patches and Office 03 Pro all pathces. Thanks Greg Glenn I'm seeing the same behavior, and there have been several other posts here about it. You wouldn't happen to be running ActiveSync v3.7.1, would you? I think my problem may only happen when my Dell Axim X5 is connected.. Troy Payn <folklore@comcast.net> If ActiveSynch opene...

My deleted emails don't stay in my Deleted Items folder.
If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't appear in my "Deleted Items" folder. They seem to automatically purge. If I delete an email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up in my "Deleted Items" folder. I can do a right-click find on the "Deleted Items" folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure. I need to reset something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until I choose to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of weeks is to compact m...

Attaching emails from different folders
I am able to attach emails to a new email within a folder I created (clicking on each mail I want to attach, and right click "forward as attachment"). I am trying to figure out how I can attach different emails from within different email folders to a new email. I am using Outlook Express 6. Thanks ...

Exchange 5.5 issue
I'm runnign two exchange servers aour current exchange 2003 server and we have an old 5.5 that our fax server relies on to pass faxes onto the exchange 2003. A user got the following message stating that Your message is still qued at the Internet Mail Service (Exchange_old). The message will continue to be retried until the configured maximum timeout period and if delivery cannot be completed by then, your message will be returned to you. What is this message? And its coming from our old exchange server? Whay would this be. Dear George, Thank you for your post! I understand...

Mailbox displayed twice in folder view?
Running Outlook 2003 and I have my mailbox displayed twice under folder view. What can I do to have it displayed only once? TIA ...

show new mails in public folder
hello, our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. thank's for answeres. best regards Christain In news:DBD8EFB5-F0CA-4705-B9C1-854040BA514E@microsoft.com, Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > hello, > > our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to > see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. > > thank's for answeres. > > best regards > Christain What version of Outlook are you using? If yo...

Unable to copy other's Contacts folder
To All, User A delegated and granted me full permission to access his Contacts list. My permission level is Owner. I can do anything but copy the whole "Contacts folder" to my mailbox. It says no permission. Anyway that I can copy other's Contacts folder into my mailbox. THanks Calvin Can you copy individual items? If so, create a new folder and copy the contacts to it - use By Category view to make it easier to see all of the contacts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

[OL2003] Free/busy information not automatically updated on server
Hi, my free/busy information are not automatically updated every 5 minutes despite the configuration in Calendar Options. The manual update works perfectly fine. Working without exchange, but with OL2003/Vista. Any hints are highly appreciated. Best wishes, J. Where are you publishing your free/busy? http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/freebusy.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jannick Asmus asked: | Hi, | | my free/busy informa...

personal folders for multiple emails
There is a feature that I was willing to see in 2003 version, but I think it's not there yet. If i have multiple emails outlook will put all massages to a personal folder so my Inbox gets crowded. Can I have a personal folder for each email. I know i can do that using filters for each folder but i don't think this is a proper way for doing it. Please let me know if that is possible. You can create rules to move messages based on the account over which they were received. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ahmad Yahya" <gt21124@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4...

Safe way to exchange Users folder to another HD
Hi all, windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new users", etc. could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has to be done. Thanks, Corsair. Corsair wrote: > windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal > HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). > > is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\U...

Unable to view public folders
We are currently running Microsoft Exchange 2000. I am currently attempting to create public folders and point a designated email address at them. I am creating each folder via a terminal logged on as Administrator. When I go to the Exchanger manager to view the public folder:- > Administrative Groups > 1st Adminastrive Groups > Public Folders The following message appears:- Enter Network Password Username Password The username field is already populated with the following information:- domanin\user When i attempt to enter the password the message reappears. Hope t...

Exchange Upgrade and Outlook 2000
After upgrading our mail sever to exchange 2003 our oulook 2000 clients do not automatically refresh when mail arives. You have to click in the inbox to get new mail. Any Suggestions. OL2000: You Cannot Receive New E-mail Notifications in Environments That Use the Network Address Translation http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304849&Product=out2K --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. ...

Exchange Database Backup Errors
I am seeing the following the following error in the application log of my Exchange Server: Source: ESE Backup Category: Callback Event ID: 904 Information Store (3148) Callback function call ErrESECBGetDatabaseInfo ended with error 0x8004010F. I use Veritas NetBackup to backup my Exchange Databases. Does anyone have any ideas? Melvin Golder Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis mgolder@fhlbi.com I'd give Veritas support a call. On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:05:28 -0500, "Melvin E. Golder" <mgolder@fhlbi.com> wrote: >I am seeing the following the following error...

Shared folders
Why are others able to select locked cells, in a shared folder? I have protected this worksheet and have set it so others could only select unlocked cells. ...

Public Folder Directory Rights
In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public folders. Now when I try to click directory rights button in the permissions tab within the properties of that folder in Exchange administrator I get "Unable to read security rights form the directory". I also remember inheritant rights prior. Anyone know how I can correct this so that I can fix the PF structure? -- SS I meant to say "I also removed inheritant rights earlier" -- SS "Steven" wrote: > In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public >...

How to copy documents using links from excel to web folder
Hi All, We have a web application containing documents and each document has its own link. An excel sheet is having all document names and their links as separate columns. Now, the requirement is to copy all the documents using their links from excel to a particular folder in the web application. I would like to know what all are the possible solutions of this requirement? Or any vbscript is available to do this task? Many Thanks, Atiya. ...

Opening a closed Archive folder
I am running outlook 2007. I right mouse clicked and closed one of my archive folders. Does anyone know if closing the outlook PST erases it? I went back to try and open it and I can not locate that PST file any longer, are my files lost? Outlook doesn't erase the file. Click File/Open and select the file. if you can't find it, use the Windows Explorer search and look for any *.pst file. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting : <http://www....