Public Folders and Display of Mail Addresses

Hi,

Ex 2003 SP1.

I have created a public folder holding all the corporate contacts.

I want to allow users to select the contacts email address when
sending a message, however, on selecting the public folder from Select
Names/Show Names from/Public Folders after clicking To: no external
contacts are displayed.

I know that if you right click the PF and select this folder as an
Outlook Email Address book the the names are then displayed in the
selection dialogue box after clicking on the PF.

Surely there is a way to do this globally, to avoid all users in the
organisation having to configure the PF in that manner before the
contacts can be used in a mail message?

Thanks,

Kev

Kev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ex 2003 SP1.
>
> I have created a public folder holding all the corporate contacts.
>
> I want to allow users to select the contacts email address when
> sending a message, however, on selecting the public folder from Select
> Names/Show Names from/Public Folders after clicking To: no external
> contacts are displayed.
>
> I know that if you right click the PF and select this folder as an
> Outlook Email Address book the the names are then displayed in the
> selection dialogue box after clicking on the PF.
>
> Surely there is a way to do this globally, to avoid all users in the
> organisation having to configure the PF in that manner before the
> contacts can be used in a mail message?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kev

Not that I know of.

0
lanwench (7567)

Homing Child public folder
Child Public Folder Appears Incorrectly on an Exchange Server. Our root folder is homed in Asia. My impression was when creating a child folder it creates on the server you reside on. It then replicates to the Public Folder then gets Re-homed to what every the parent folder is. This is not happening. Has anybody seen this before? ...

Display text, Position indicator bar, and color control in Progress bar in VC++6 MFC?
Dear All, I am building a progress bar in VC++6 MFC, how can I dispaly text information on it? Can I control it for only displaying a narrow bar indicator at the position rathern than dispalying a band bar from the begining to the current position? Also, can I easily control its bar and background color? Many thanks, Here is how to do text display on progress control. http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/text_progressctrl.asp Here are some custom ones http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/ccylinderprogresscontrol.asp Find all kind of examples here http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/...

email publications
I have a 4 page newletter that I want to email in the body of the email but only 1 page comes thru. I have pub 2003. Any ideas You can't do it the way you want to. I have a page that will tell you how to do it but it's not something I'd rally want to do. We normally suggest converting the newsletter to a .pdf and attach that to the email. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "sunnyatrodeph" <sunnyatrodeph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:880FF3CD-FF2F-4839-A23E-A71F964602C5...

Why won't my 2 publication pages switch to 2-pg view as asked?
This is a brand new publication. It only has two pages to it. There is hardly any content and NO web links. But when I use the VIEW drop down menu and click that very first option saying "Two-page spread", Microsoft Publisher does absolutely NOTHING! No, not in print view ... i'm saying "nothing". Yes, I've restarted my computer... all that. Also, in the master page view many of the options are totally greyed-out. Why doesn't microsoft just fix its software instead of adding new inefficient ones? You must have three or more pages to see a two-page ...

Separate Outlook Mail boxes
I know this can be done but I just can't find where it is. I have dial up. I do not have to log into any Computer account when the computer starts up. (Windows 2000) I would like to be able to set up outlook so that I have to tyor in a user name and password for each member of my family. So everyone can get their emails but not see/get into anyone elses. How do I do that?? (I will keep looking) Thanks Bob Davet102 <Davet102@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to be able to set up outlook so that I have to tyor in a > user name and password for each membe...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

Can I display a dialog within another dialog?
I want to create a dialog like the project properties dialog with a tree view on the left and different dialogs on the right depending on what item was selected in teh tree view. So can I load a dialog onto another dialog? "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33C29794-188A-4AD4-A5E4-20B668ABC104@microsoft.com... > I want to create a dialog like the project properties dialog with a tree view > on the left and different dialogs on the right depending on what item was > selected in teh tree view. > > So can I load a dialog ...

No access to Public Folder
Hello There, I have a funky problem regarding Public Folders on a Exchange 2003 Standard. Although I see the Public Folders in Outlook I do not have the rights to add anything. I have set all the rights in Exchange System Manager, but still don't have access. Then I checked with ADSI Edit and found an entry for Public Folder but without an Entry for "Class". Also in the Exchange System Manager under Folders I do not see a "Public Folders" bu cannot creat one, because it is already there (so the warning I get). Does anyone of you have an idea? Thanks and Best Regards Dan...

Can both the x and y axes display values?
I understand that the default chart setup in Excel is for the y-axis to display relative values and the x-axis to display categories (often time periods). I want, though, to have both axes display values. Specifically, I want the x-axis to be increments of lactate acid levels and the y-axis to be increments of heart rate. I want to plot a single line that connects points that are intersections of a specific lactic acid level and a specific heart rate. Can I do this and, if so, how do I do this? Thank you in advance. Hi, Use the xy scatter chart type. It has a sub type that c...

why is my incoming mail going into the delete bucket?
ever since company down loaded something my e-mail incoming end up in the delete bin. How can I fix that so it comes in to the INBOX? Thanks Ted Check for rules tools rules and alerts Sharath "Trackman" <Trackman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:206618AE-57C4-41C7-8E13-693D7F2B9E9A@microsoft.com... > ever since company down loaded something my e-mail incoming end up in the > delete bin. How can I fix that so it comes in to the INBOX? > Thanks > Ted "Trackman" <Trackman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:206618...

My deleted emails don't stay in my Deleted Items folder.
If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't appear in my "Deleted Items" folder. They seem to automatically purge. If I delete an email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up in my "Deleted Items" folder. I can do a right-click find on the "Deleted Items" folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure. I need to reset something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until I choose to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of weeks is to compact m...

Attaching emails from different folders
I am able to attach emails to a new email within a folder I created (clicking on each mail I want to attach, and right click "forward as attachment"). I am trying to figure out how I can attach different emails from within different email folders to a new email. I am using Outlook Express 6. Thanks ...

Mailbox displayed twice in folder view?
Running Outlook 2003 and I have my mailbox displayed twice under folder view. What can I do to have it displayed only once? TIA ...

show new mails in public folder
hello, our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. thank's for answeres. best regards Christain In news:DBD8EFB5-F0CA-4705-B9C1-854040BA514E@microsoft.com, Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > hello, > > our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to > see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. > > thank's for answeres. > > best regards > Christain What version of Outlook are you using? If yo...

Unable to copy other's Contacts folder
To All, User A delegated and granted me full permission to access his Contacts list. My permission level is Owner. I can do anything but copy the whole "Contacts folder" to my mailbox. It says no permission. Anyway that I can copy other's Contacts folder into my mailbox. THanks Calvin Can you copy individual items? If so, create a new folder and copy the contacts to it - use By Category view to make it easier to see all of the contacts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

Remove SMTPSVC version in mail header (header not banner)
Is it possible to remove/modify the SMTPSVC version in mail header (not banner) ? Exemple : Original header: Received: from [192.168.X.X] ([192.168.X.X]) by winserv2003 with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.0); Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:47:51 +0100 Modified header: Received: from [192.168.X.X] ([192.168.X.X]) by winserv2003 with Microsoft; Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:47:51 +0100 Regards Alfred On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 03:24:01 -0700, Alfred <Alfred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Is it possible to remove/modify the SMTPSVC version in mail header (not >banner) ? > >Exemple : ...

personal folders for multiple emails
There is a feature that I was willing to see in 2003 version, but I think it's not there yet. If i have multiple emails outlook will put all massages to a personal folder so my Inbox gets crowded. Can I have a personal folder for each email. I know i can do that using filters for each folder but i don't think this is a proper way for doing it. Please let me know if that is possible. You can create rules to move messages based on the account over which they were received. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ahmad Yahya" <gt21124@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4...

HELP!
I'm using Word as my mail editor, I installed the latest SP for Office and I keep getting a message box whenever I try to edit a mail message!!!! What is this?!?! This is not a virus protection fwature - THIS IS THE VIRUS ITSELF!!!!! This is freaking me out!! How do I get rid of this thing?!?! I don't want to use outlook's default editor and I DONT NOT wish to install a 3rd-party auto-click thingy - I want this feature turned OFFFFFFFFFFF for good!! city123mouse@yahoo.com <city123mouse@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'm using Word as my mail editor, I installed the latest ...

Outlook doesn't see clearly attachment of a forward mail
Hi I've recieve thru a mailing list a mail which was forward with its attachments. The probleme (on my computer, the other of the mailing list doesn't have this problem) is that all the forward step and file are put in a big one attachment. This attachment is no longuer readable. When I save it and edit it, it's look like an e-mail with headers, body and attach files. How can I configure my Outlook to correctly see the attachment plz. ...

Displaying criteria from a combo box
Hello, I have a combo box that has about 25 items listed in it. On the form, when i click the drop down box, I am trying to get it to display all the items versus having to scroll down through them. Does anybody know how to make this happen?? Thanks -- Steve Steve, Adjust the List Rows properties of the combo to 25 (or more) If List Rows = 30, and you only have 25, only 25 rows show. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never w...

can not print e-mail
Hello: We have: OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name BOB System Manufacturer GBT___ System Model AWRDACPI System Type X86-based PC Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2423 Mhz BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F2a, 9/25/2003 SMBIOS Version 2.3 Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS System Directory C:\WINDOWS\System32 Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1 Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)" Time Zon...

Safe way to exchange Users folder to another HD
Hi all, windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new users", etc. could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has to be done. Thanks, Corsair. Corsair wrote: > windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal > HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). > > is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\U...

Unable to view public folders
We are currently running Microsoft Exchange 2000. I am currently attempting to create public folders and point a designated email address at them. I am creating each folder via a terminal logged on as Administrator. When I go to the Exchanger manager to view the public folder:- > Administrative Groups > 1st Adminastrive Groups > Public Folders The following message appears:- Enter Network Password Username Password The username field is already populated with the following information:- domanin\user When i attempt to enter the password the message reappears. Hope t...

HELP! sum value to be displayed in sheet 2 when data is in sheet 1
How do I do this? any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =SUM(Sheet1!A1:A100) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Muppet >" <<Muppet.18bcuz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Muppet.18bcuz@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do I do this? any ideas? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > =SUM(Sheet1!$A:$A) as an example for sum of Column A in Sheet1 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Shared folders
Why are others able to select locked cells, in a shared folder? I have protected this worksheet and have set it so others could only select unlocked cells. ...