Public Folder Questions #3

This may be a stupid question and I have tried what I thought was correct and
still no luck.

What I have is a public folder for our tech support people to go to for tech
support email.  Is there a way when one of the reads the message in the
folder, that it marks it as being read and when it marks it that way, that
when other tech support people go into the folder it shows that is has been
read to them to?  If that is possible, I need help in getting that setup and
implemented.  This would make life simplier as being able to go to one
centralized place to get messages made it easy, but it would be nice to also
be bale to do the above, so that 2 or 3 people are not responding to the same
message!

Thanks,

Chris
0
ChrisCTT (5)

I guess I should also add the fact that it is Exchanger Server 2003

"Chris CTT" wrote:

> This may be a stupid question and I have tried what I thought was correct and
> still no luck.
>
> What I have is a public folder for our tech support people to go to for tech
> support email.  Is there a way when one of the reads the message in the
> folder, that it marks it as being read and when it marks it that way, that
> when other tech support people go into the folder it shows that is has been
> read to them to?  If that is possible, I need help in getting that setup and
> implemented.  This would make life simplier as being able to go to one
> centralized place to get messages made it easy, but it would be nice to also
> be bale to do the above, so that 2 or 3 people are not responding to the same
> message!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
0
ChrisCTT (5)

Homing Child public folder
Child Public Folder Appears Incorrectly on an Exchange Server. Our root folder is homed in Asia. My impression was when creating a child folder it creates on the server you reside on. It then replicates to the Public Folder then gets Re-homed to what every the parent folder is. This is not happening. Has anybody seen this before? ...

http virtual server #3
I know you love newbie type material, so here is one. I have exchange server 2003 and am having a problem with exchange virual server (http) In server management/exchange/protocols/http the virtual server has stopped after a planned reboot. I have right clicked and "start", but it sends me an error "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process--Facility: Win32, ID No: 80070020" What service is this referring to. This has to be something simple and I am not very experienced in exchange----help...........please? Are there any other web...

Userform question #3
Is it possible? instead of having the x disabled on a userform to have it fire up a userform instead? Thanks Greg Look at QUeryCloser in help for a form. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Greg B" <laptopgb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:d6242c$31e$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > Is it possible? > > instead of having the x disabled on a userform to have it fire up a userform > instead? > > Thanks > > Greg > > ...

email publications
I have a 4 page newletter that I want to email in the body of the email but only 1 page comes thru. I have pub 2003. Any ideas You can't do it the way you want to. I have a page that will tell you how to do it but it's not something I'd rally want to do. We normally suggest converting the newsletter to a .pdf and attach that to the email. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "sunnyatrodeph" <sunnyatrodeph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:880FF3CD-FF2F-4839-A23E-A71F964602C5...

Graphing Question #3
Greetings! I am trying to graph a set of data in 'XY (Scatter)' and am running into a problem I've never seen before. There are only seven values for 'X' - numbers 0 through 6. 'Y' is a set of percentages ranging from '0.00%' to '13.00%' I have about 7,000 of these pairs. When I graph this, I am not of seeing the six discreet bands of percentages that I would expect. For some reason, instead of graphing the 'X' value, it is graphing the order that the 'Y' value comes in the list. Instead of graphing: RATING INCREASE 4 ...

Package Deployment Registry Modification Question
I have an Access 2007 database that I want to deploy using the Runtime. When I launch the Package Deployment wizard, I know how to do most of the stuff. There are a couple of questions that have come up however. 1. When I specify the Root Install Folder as the System Drive (All Users), and the Install subfolder as Program Files\MicroVuParser, the Example Install location says C:\Program Files\MicroVuParser\MicroVuParser.accdr, which is where I want it to go. However, later in the wizard, it says; "The destination install subfolder name cannot contain any of the followin...

Resumes CV's / Top Interview Questions / References / Informational Site
RESUMEWRITERSGUIDE.COM is a website is designed for you to learn how to write a resume on your own. Hiring someone to do a resume is not enough learn how to do it on your own. If you do hire someone to help you write a resume this will help you guide the resume writer to put in the correct information for you to increase your chances on getting a job. People do need resume templates and resume samples as a base to get started on their resumes, but this information that I have on my site will help you fill in the resume / CV templates or resume / CV samples with the best information to present...

Why won't my 2 publication pages switch to 2-pg view as asked?
This is a brand new publication. It only has two pages to it. There is hardly any content and NO web links. But when I use the VIEW drop down menu and click that very first option saying "Two-page spread", Microsoft Publisher does absolutely NOTHING! No, not in print view ... i'm saying "nothing". Yes, I've restarted my computer... all that. Also, in the master page view many of the options are totally greyed-out. Why doesn't microsoft just fix its software instead of adding new inefficient ones? You must have three or more pages to see a two-page ...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

No access to Public Folder
Hello There, I have a funky problem regarding Public Folders on a Exchange 2003 Standard. Although I see the Public Folders in Outlook I do not have the rights to add anything. I have set all the rights in Exchange System Manager, but still don't have access. Then I checked with ADSI Edit and found an entry for Public Folder but without an Entry for "Class". Also in the Exchange System Manager under Folders I do not see a "Public Folders" bu cannot creat one, because it is already there (so the warning I get). Does anyone of you have an idea? Thanks and Best Regards Dan...

My deleted emails don't stay in my Deleted Items folder.
If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't appear in my "Deleted Items" folder. They seem to automatically purge. If I delete an email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up in my "Deleted Items" folder. I can do a right-click find on the "Deleted Items" folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure. I need to reset something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until I choose to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of weeks is to compact m...

Attaching emails from different folders
I am able to attach emails to a new email within a folder I created (clicking on each mail I want to attach, and right click "forward as attachment"). I am trying to figure out how I can attach different emails from within different email folders to a new email. I am using Outlook Express 6. Thanks ...

Mailbox displayed twice in folder view?
Running Outlook 2003 and I have my mailbox displayed twice under folder view. What can I do to have it displayed only once? TIA ...

show new mails in public folder
hello, our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. thank's for answeres. best regards Christain In news:DBD8EFB5-F0CA-4705-B9C1-854040BA514E@microsoft.com, Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > hello, > > our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to > see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. > > thank's for answeres. > > best regards > Christain What version of Outlook are you using? If yo...

Unable to copy other's Contacts folder
To All, User A delegated and granted me full permission to access his Contacts list. My permission level is Owner. I can do anything but copy the whole "Contacts folder" to my mailbox. It says no permission. Anyway that I can copy other's Contacts folder into my mailbox. THanks Calvin Can you copy individual items? If so, create a new folder and copy the contacts to it - use By Category view to make it easier to see all of the contacts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

RMS license transfer question
I have a client who has decided to close their doors. I am not an MBS partner, so I am not very familiar with the licensing. What I need to determine is whether or not they can sell the license to another organization. I know that some EULAs state that the license is not transferrable, but I have not read the RMS EULA, so I'm hoping someone else has.... This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0616_01C6F885.CE65BA70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Allen, It's not transferable. The EULA i...

personal folders for multiple emails
There is a feature that I was willing to see in 2003 version, but I think it's not there yet. If i have multiple emails outlook will put all massages to a personal folder so my Inbox gets crowded. Can I have a personal folder for each email. I know i can do that using filters for each folder but i don't think this is a proper way for doing it. Please let me know if that is possible. You can create rules to move messages based on the account over which they were received. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ahmad Yahya" <gt21124@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4...

Safe way to exchange Users folder to another HD
Hi all, windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new users", etc. could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has to be done. Thanks, Corsair. Corsair wrote: > windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal > HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). > > is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\U...

Unable to view public folders
We are currently running Microsoft Exchange 2000. I am currently attempting to create public folders and point a designated email address at them. I am creating each folder via a terminal logged on as Administrator. When I go to the Exchanger manager to view the public folder:- > Administrative Groups > 1st Adminastrive Groups > Public Folders The following message appears:- Enter Network Password Username Password The username field is already populated with the following information:- domanin\user When i attempt to enter the password the message reappears. Hope t...

Drop down list question
Please can anyone help me with this query? When I came to make a drop down list for data entry in a cell, I used the method: Select cell>Menu Bar>Data>Validation>Allow:List>Source:Yes,No,Undecided. When I went to the origial workbook I was using for an example and go to: Select cell>Menu Bar>Data>Validation>Allow:List>Source: The source field shows: =Choices. The only cell in the 3 sheet example workbook showing the entry: Choices, is the heading of the column where the drop down "Yes,No,Undecided" cells are located. There is no text defining the Yes,...

Outlook 2007 inbox settings question
Hi I am using outlook 2007 & have changed from Pop to Imap Each time I open Outlook it opens the old Pop in-box instead of the Imap in-box. How do I make it open the Imap in-box by default? -- Martin ���� ...

Shared folders
Why are others able to select locked cells, in a shared folder? I have protected this worksheet and have set it so others could only select unlocked cells. ...

Public Folder Directory Rights
In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public folders. Now when I try to click directory rights button in the permissions tab within the properties of that folder in Exchange administrator I get "Unable to read security rights form the directory". I also remember inheritant rights prior. Anyone know how I can correct this so that I can fix the PF structure? -- SS I meant to say "I also removed inheritant rights earlier" -- SS "Steven" wrote: > In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public >...

How to copy documents using links from excel to web folder
Hi All, We have a web application containing documents and each document has its own link. An excel sheet is having all document names and their links as separate columns. Now, the requirement is to copy all the documents using their links from excel to a particular folder in the web application. I would like to know what all are the possible solutions of this requirement? Or any vbscript is available to do this task? Many Thanks, Atiya. ...

CTreeCtrl question
I'm starting a project that will display a lots of data on CTreeCtrl. I want to allow the user to see the same data in different views. Ideally I would want to have a one CTreeCtrl with all the data (number of branches) and when I need to show just a subset of it I would want to create a new CTreeCtrl. However I would want all the Items in the second Tree to point to the ones that reside in the main TreeCtrl. Each of the items will have pointer to correspoinding underlying object and I would want to share those as well. I know that I can pass the root of the HTREEIETM and then reconstruc...