Public Folder Permissions - Groups v Users

I have a user whose USER account has Publishing Editor rights to a
public folder. There are 2 other groups added to the PF, one group has
reviewer and the other has Editor rights. This user is ALSO a member
of those 2 groups. What rights does the user have? (feels like an MCSE
test question, huh?)
The reason this came up is because the user wants to create sub
folders so i made the USER acct  permissions Publishing Editor. The
user still couldn't add sub folders. I checked the 2 groups and saw
that the user is in both groups and that both groups have different
access.

Thanks all!
Mike

0
MikeBergin (13)

In news:1170710232.436416.91350@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com,
Mike <MikeBergin@gmail.com> typed:
> I have a user whose USER account has Publishing Editor rights to a
> public folder. There are 2 other groups added to the PF, one group has
> reviewer and the other has Editor rights. This user is ALSO a member
> of those 2 groups. What rights does the user have? (feels like an MCSE
> test question, huh?)
> The reason this came up is because the user wants to create sub
> folders so i made the USER acct  permissions Publishing Editor. The
> user still couldn't add sub folders. I checked the 2 groups and saw
> that the user is in both groups and that both groups have different
> access.
>
> Thanks all!
> Mike

I believe he should have publishing editor rights.What happens when he tries
to create subfolders?

0
lanwench (7567)
2/6/2007 12:06:08 AM
Not sure of the specifics when he tries to create subfolders, all i
get from end user is that they "can't". I am going to have to rdp the
desktop to view exact error. I will post my findings. I too thought
that pub editor would win out....

0
MikeBergin (13)

c10306a7 error when access public folders
While access public folders through Exchange Admin, I get the following error: _ The available memory is not sufficient. Close some applications or windows and try again. ID no: c10306a7 Exchange system manager - This is a 2000 server standard running Exchange 2003 enterprise (upgraded from Exchange 2000) This error message was happening in Exchange 2000 as well, and I was hoping the upgrade would resolve the issue. This error message prevents me from access public folders and performing any maintenance. I am guessing this is more of a rights issue rather than a memeory issue. I have ...

Path to user's desktop
I want to have an app default to saving its data files to the desktop if the user doesn't specify otherwise, or specifies a non-writable location. Is there a function or recommended registry entry that provides the path to the user's desktop? I found what looks like a what I want in the registry, fully spelled out in a REG_SZ: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders. The "Desktop" value contains "C:\Documents and Settings\myusername\Desktop", which is my current desktop folder. It also is available as a REG_EXPAN...

Delivery status notification not sent to external users
When external users send messages with the "Request Delivery Receipt.." option, the message is delivered successfully, but a DSN success message is not sent back to the sender. Delivery receipts are generated correctly on messages sent between internal users. External users do recieve NDR's for mail that is mis-addressed and also receive read receipts correctly. Under Global Settings, Internet Message Formats, Default format (that is the only format), Advanced tab, I've selected the Allow Delivery Reports option. I've tried toggling the settings on this tab in b...

Lost Admin permissions
I installed a Exch 2003 server to an existing Exch 2000 organization. I had given myself service account access to all mailboxes, but I seem to have lost that access when i added the exch 2003 box. I am still listed under the security tab in system manager. Any suggestions as to where to check next? Thanks 821897 How to assign service account access to all mailboxes in Exchange Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821897 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -------------------- >...

Add new user in CRM 3.0
On a new system, using the web interface to add a new user, ust after putting in domain\username I get the message "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system admnistrator" - no info from AD is displayed. Using the Deployment Manager, I never manage to get any domains or users listed. This leaves me unable to add users at all.. Single Domain: Win2003 with AD. SQL 2005 Svr SP1 Any help would be appreciated.. You might go to the web.config file in the CRM root folder and set remote errors to Off so you can get an informative error message. -- Matt Wittema...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

Another user can't email us -- can't tell if it's b/c his system or ours...
Can anyone help me to decipher this NDR? This certain user from another company has been trying to email three people here a very small word document (it's three attachments -- each one about 56kb big). I don't have any email quotas for sending and receiving on any of my users. And, I was successfully able to email person1, person2, and person3 a very large (6MB) attachment from my gmail.com account. So.... can anyone tell where the issue lies? Thanks, Blake -----Original Message----- From: ABillig@fdfsfd.com] [mailto:ABillig@fdfsfd.com] Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 ...

Rouge folder in list
In my list of folders, there is a folder that I set up by mistake and have since deleted the pst file that it was looking for. The folder still exists and will not let me delete it. It tells me that if I continue to have the problem to restart Outlook. This has been for about a week and I've rebooted, shut down and reconfigured all types of settings, all to no avail. I would like to know if anyone can tell me what to do short of reinstalling the program. What version of Outlook, and what mode if applicable? (help | about) Can you delete and re-create your mail profile? martin wr...

How do I apply a template I created to an existing publication?
I want to change a publication I created to a design that I created and saved in a publisher format. I do not want to have to recreate the publication in the new format, just change it! "Publication Options" "Apply Template" brings up a list of templates that does not include the one I created and want to use. Help! Did you save the publication as a template? Save as "Publisher template". What version Publisher are you using? If you are using 2007 you will have to browse to the templates. They are in a folder similar to this (Vista) These folders are hi...

2 personal folder listings and duplicates
Hi. When I have Outlook open at home, when I have the Mail selected, it shows Favorite Folders and All Mail Folders. Under All Mail folders it shows two seperate Personal Folders and the contents appear the same. When I view my Contacts, it shows things twice: Contacts Contacts in Personal Folders FriendEmail FriendEmail in Personal Folders ToDo ToDo in Personal Folders etc..... How can I get rid of the other Personal Folders entry and the duplicate entries in my contacts? Thanks. Bryce. ...

Contact Group in CRM
Hallo Everyone, How can we add Contact Group in CRM. as i have add 50 Users email addresses in one group in order send email for all users at same time. Kind Regards, SAB Create a view with the 50 contacts. Then use that view to bulk email, using the button on the grid toolbar "SyedAbdulbasith" <syedsaab@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:45E4A57C-BC70-48FB-8A41-D6D25107F69B@microsoft.com... > Hallo Everyone, > How can we add Contact Group in CRM. as i have add 50 Users email > addresses > in one group in order send email for all users at same time. > >...

How to add default and anoymous permissions?
I was playing with my Calendar permissions and removed these. I cannot find any to add them back. Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server 2003. TIA...Bob ...

Help! Can't import Sent Folder from Yahoo
Hi. I was setting up Outlook 2000 when it suddenly began importing all of my messages from the inbox folder of my Yahoo account, some 700 in all. I panicked when I saw it was starting to erase the messages from Yahoo so stopped the process. Now I can't figure out a way to import the messages from my Sent Folder in Yahoo into Outlook. When I archived them and zipped them per Yahoo instructions and dragged the unzipped msgs into Outlook, when I tried to click on a message, it was opened up (or attempted to) in Outlook Express. Does anyone have insight on this?? Thanks. Try YahooPOP...

Moving Public Folders from Exchange Server 5.5 to Exc. Ser. 2003.
How can I move public folders from an Exchange Server 5.5 to a new Exchange Server 2003, which on a separate private network without connecting bother server on the same network? rekaman@gmail.com wrote in news:1144768961.479044.323920 @t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > How can I move public folders from an Exchange Server 5.5 to a new > Exchange Server 2003, which on a separate private network without > connecting bother server on the same network? Export them to PST? Regards, -- R. Arlo Clizer FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com Thank you very mu...

Suddenly -- Two PERSONAL FOLDERS???
Hi, All of a sudden, I have 2 Personal Folders!!!! They seem identical, and I cannot get rid of one or the other. * The only thing recently changed is the installation of XP SP-2. * All previous XP-Pro updates have been installed * Running Outlook 2000, and all updates are installed (never had any problems with these...they were installed "long ago." Thank you for your help! "Howie" ...

user quota is exceeded
I can't get my email on outlook 2002 it says user quota is exceeded.. any help would be nice "rahman abdul" <rahmany@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:098f01c366d6$f305e470$a301280a@phx.gbl > I can't get my email on outlook 2002 it says user quota > is exceeded.. > any help would be nice That means you are using Exchange as your mail server (be sure to mention such important details). You are allocated a fixed amount of disk space for your mailbox. You've been saving way too much in your mailbox. Delete the garbage and start using AutoArchive to move s...

Restored GP 8.0 from server crash, users can't log in and SA oddit
The server that hosts GP 8.0 crashed, we had a backup and restored it. Upon boot SQL 2000 was giving us issues, we had to reinstall it to get it running again. The GP 8.0 DB's were reattached. I can see the users in their respective DB's from Enterprise Manager but when I attempt to log in as said users, it gives the dreaded: "Your SQL Server login record is not a valid user record in Great Plains. Enter a different login, or contact your Great Plains system administrator." Right now the only account that lets me on is the SA but even so, whenever I attempt to do ...

microsoft money plus home & business trial. v 17.0.150.727
im having issues accessing my file. i used windows live to access my money file which saved email address & password. I went to dallas for 2 days now its asking for a money password which i did not setup. what should i do? See http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx MS may well be doing server work that affects logins. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "moneymakingmoneyman" <mon...

Users external email addresses
On an Exchange 2003, I have a couple of users that have other SMTP addresses that were added manually. Usually you get your rules from 2003 RUS, but there is some users that have 2 or 3 email addresses assigned to their user account because they were added manually. How can I go about running some type of find to see what are the different email addresses that other users are publishing. I do not want to go one by one and go to email address tab on the user account and search for these type of users. Thanks in advance. On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:57:01 -0800, Vic <Vic@discussions.microsof...

public folder replication interval #2
Exchange 2000 server and Exchange 2003 server. Replicas of a public folder on both servers. Replication interval on public stores is set to Always run. Properties of public folder, replication interval is set to use public store settings. I'd assume that as soon as a change is made to a public folder on one server, the change should propagate immediately? I'm still seeing an interval of 15 min of replication between public stores. I want the replication to be instant as soon as there is a change made to the public folder. Do i have to restart some service? Answer below. Calvi...

Help. I cannot upgrade Outlook.Keeps saying it cannot open folders
I am trying to upgrade to Office Professional. All programs seem to be working except Outlook. It will not open. I get a message that it cannot open default folders. Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to upgrade to Office Professional. All programs seem to be > working except Outlook. It will not open. I get a message that it > cannot open default folders. It appears you haven't set up your mail profile properly. Control Panel>Mail -- Brian Tillman ...

Urgent: Exchange 2003 user missing emails...
Hi there. SBS, Exchange 2003. One user seems to be missing items from his inbox from a certain date period. He logs into multiple computers, I have checked the usual things such as local PST's, Archive Folders, Views and Recover Deleted Items to no avail. There is a backup on the server, is this the best way to go about recovering the items? http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid43_gci969555,00.html Anything else I can try? Anyone know where these messages could have gone? Thanks for your time. Colin. You could use a Recovery Storage Group and Exmerge to g...

Task Groups
Is it possible to password protect task groups? "Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB3AEB6-E93A-4B1C-8AE5-808A45385E5D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to password protect task groups? Do you mean Tasks folders? No, you can't password-protect individual folders. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Auto-categorizing email messages on move-to-folder
OK, I give up - I am not smart enough on my own, time to tap the smart ones ... So, here's the thing: I am using a Utility called Nelson Email Organizer (search and organize work-along), and like it a lot, BUT, I want to make it play nicer with Outlook folders. NEO does not (Currently) have away to show a column with the folder name, but DOES have a way to show a column with the category. So, I want to attach to each mail message a category that shows which folder it is in. I can do this for incoming messages to Inbox by the rules wizard, but I can see no way to re-assign the category w...

Exportin mailbox permissions
Helo People, somebody help me about exporting all mailbox rights for all the exchange mailboxes. I need to check for each mailbox, who has permission to access them. Thanks all! What version of Exchange? You'd have to script this, and, be advised that it isn't easy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "CQS" <CQS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8951BE6F-D052-4C93-9066-F2D9E95C4652@microsoft.com... > Helo People, > > somebody help me about exporting all mailbox rights for all the exc...