public folder free busy problem

Hello:
We have a conference room public folder calendar.  It is mail enabled but
does not publish in free busy schedule.  When you invite the conference room
and other attendees to a time all users free busy schedules are visible, the
conference room has ///(no free busy available) listed.

Any resolutions to this type of issue?

Thanks,
0
Cindy1 (94)

Nope.  Public folders as calendars have that limitation.  Use a mailbox
instead.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

"Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hello:
> We have a conference room public folder calendar.  It is mail enabled but
> does not publish in free busy schedule.  When you invite the conference
> room
> and other attendees to a time all users free busy schedules are visible,
> the
> conference room has ///(no free busy available) listed.
>
> Any resolutions to this type of issue?
>
> Thanks,

0
neil.hobson (1158)
2/23/2006 5:10:39 PM
Sorry forgot specifics.  Windows 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003.

"Cindy" wrote:

> Hello:
> We have a conference room public folder calendar.  It is mail enabled but
> does not publish in free busy schedule.  When you invite the conference room
> and other attendees to a time all users free busy schedules are visible, the
> conference room has ///(no free busy available) listed.
>
> Any resolutions to this type of issue?
>
> Thanks,
0
Cindy1 (94)

Homing Child public folder
Child Public Folder Appears Incorrectly on an Exchange Server. Our root folder is homed in Asia. My impression was when creating a child folder it creates on the server you reside on. It then replicates to the Public Folder then gets Re-homed to what every the parent folder is. This is not happening. Has anybody seen this before? ...

STANDARD TOOLBAR PROBLEM
The STANDARD toolbar on the email send screen sems to have a mind of its own. If I go to default, it comes back as it was with the next NEW EMAIL screen.. Any customized changes are lost as well. Right in the middle is this tolbar is a huge "open with adobe pdf" buton which makes me think that they have something to do with the problem. Anyhow, exactly where is this toolbar controled from? How do I permanently get rid of the adobe button? Somewhere in the registry? Thanks. you need to remove the adobe addin - http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040902.htm -- Di...

email publications
I have a 4 page newletter that I want to email in the body of the email but only 1 page comes thru. I have pub 2003. Any ideas You can't do it the way you want to. I have a page that will tell you how to do it but it's not something I'd rally want to do. We normally suggest converting the newsletter to a .pdf and attach that to the email. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "sunnyatrodeph" <sunnyatrodeph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:880FF3CD-FF2F-4839-A23E-A71F964602C5...

Reports Problem
I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they have any work arounds: If I customize a report to show all transactions for a specific set of categories (deliberately chosen) then choose all types of transactions, I get ALL the transfers that are in the time period whether or not they are in the selected categories or not. I have to do select in come as type, then expense then transfers so I have three reports or I get ALL the transfers in the database that fall in the date range. Any suggestions? thanks, Brian W. In microsoft.public.money, Brian W wrote: >I am wonder...

Problems Setting Delegate Permissions
I'm getting the following error message with Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server 2003. Does anyone know how to repair this? This occurs everytime I try to set Delegates for a user, or any user for that matter. I get to the point where I have assigned a user the permissions and when I click OK, I get the following: Microsoft Office Outlook The Delegates settings were not saved correctly. Unable to activate send-on-behalf-of list. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. Thanks for your help, Can you explain how your AD environment is setup. Singl...

Why won't my 2 publication pages switch to 2-pg view as asked?
This is a brand new publication. It only has two pages to it. There is hardly any content and NO web links. But when I use the VIEW drop down menu and click that very first option saying "Two-page spread", Microsoft Publisher does absolutely NOTHING! No, not in print view ... i'm saying "nothing". Yes, I've restarted my computer... all that. Also, in the master page view many of the options are totally greyed-out. Why doesn't microsoft just fix its software instead of adding new inefficient ones? You must have three or more pages to see a two-page ...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

No access to Public Folder
Hello There, I have a funky problem regarding Public Folders on a Exchange 2003 Standard. Although I see the Public Folders in Outlook I do not have the rights to add anything. I have set all the rights in Exchange System Manager, but still don't have access. Then I checked with ADSI Edit and found an entry for Public Folder but without an Entry for "Class". Also in the Exchange System Manager under Folders I do not see a "Public Folders" bu cannot creat one, because it is already there (so the warning I get). Does anyone of you have an idea? Thanks and Best Regards Dan...

My deleted emails don't stay in my Deleted Items folder.
If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't appear in my "Deleted Items" folder. They seem to automatically purge. If I delete an email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up in my "Deleted Items" folder. I can do a right-click find on the "Deleted Items" folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure. I need to reset something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until I choose to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of weeks is to compact m...

Attaching emails from different folders
I am able to attach emails to a new email within a folder I created (clicking on each mail I want to attach, and right click "forward as attachment"). I am trying to figure out how I can attach different emails from within different email folders to a new email. I am using Outlook Express 6. Thanks ...

Activex, CSocket and CResourceException Problem
Hi, I'm trying to write activex control with mfc which connect to the another app through socket. The socket conn form activex to the app is made on a different thread. The thread is initialize by function: HANDLE threadHandle = CreateThread(NULL,NULL, (LPTHREAD_START_ROUTINE)ThreadProc, (LPVOID)this, NULL, &dwID); and everything works correct except this that i,m tryin to connect from another instance of this activex i get CResourceexception. Anu ideas how to avoid this? CSocket is declare localy and in ThreadProc is no loops...

Mailbox displayed twice in folder view?
Running Outlook 2003 and I have my mailbox displayed twice under folder view. What can I do to have it displayed only once? TIA ...

show new mails in public folder
hello, our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. thank's for answeres. best regards Christain In news:DBD8EFB5-F0CA-4705-B9C1-854040BA514E@microsoft.com, Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > hello, > > our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to > see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. > > thank's for answeres. > > best regards > Christain What version of Outlook are you using? If yo...

[OL2003] Free/busy information not automatically updated on server
Hi, my free/busy information are not automatically updated every 5 minutes despite the configuration in Calendar Options. The manual update works perfectly fine. Working without exchange, but with OL2003/Vista. Any hints are highly appreciated. Best wishes, J. Where are you publishing your free/busy? http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/freebusy.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Jannick Asmus asked: | Hi, | | my free/busy informa...

personal folders for multiple emails
There is a feature that I was willing to see in 2003 version, but I think it's not there yet. If i have multiple emails outlook will put all massages to a personal folder so my Inbox gets crowded. Can I have a personal folder for each email. I know i can do that using filters for each folder but i don't think this is a proper way for doing it. Please let me know if that is possible. You can create rules to move messages based on the account over which they were received. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ahmad Yahya" <gt21124@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4...

Unable to copy other's Contacts folder
To All, User A delegated and granted me full permission to access his Contacts list. My permission level is Owner. I can do anything but copy the whole "Contacts folder" to my mailbox. It says no permission. Anyway that I can copy other's Contacts folder into my mailbox. THanks Calvin Can you copy individual items? If so, create a new folder and copy the contacts to it - use By Category view to make it easier to see all of the contacts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

Safe way to exchange Users folder to another HD
Hi all, windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new users", etc. could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has to be done. Thanks, Corsair. Corsair wrote: > windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal > HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). > > is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\U...

Unable to view public folders
We are currently running Microsoft Exchange 2000. I am currently attempting to create public folders and point a designated email address at them. I am creating each folder via a terminal logged on as Administrator. When I go to the Exchanger manager to view the public folder:- > Administrative Groups > 1st Adminastrive Groups > Public Folders The following message appears:- Enter Network Password Username Password The username field is already populated with the following information:- domanin\user When i attempt to enter the password the message reappears. Hope t...

Business Card Reader / Scanner
Can anybody recommend / has experience with a Business Card Scanner to integrate with Outlook / CRM. Thanks, Boolean1 You could try the solution of CardScan, this company has an add-on for CRM 3.0 Look at: http://www.cardscan.com/products/cspro_formscrm.asp I don't have experience with this add-on at the moment. Good Luck Ed "Boolean1" wrote: > Can anybody recommend / has experience with a Business Card Scanner to > integrate with Outlook / CRM. > > Thanks, > > Boolean1 > > > > We'll report back what we find. Thanks, Boolean1...

Shared folders
Why are others able to select locked cells, in a shared folder? I have protected this worksheet and have set it so others could only select unlocked cells. ...

Public Folder Directory Rights
In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public folders. Now when I try to click directory rights button in the permissions tab within the properties of that folder in Exchange administrator I get "Unable to read security rights form the directory". I also remember inheritant rights prior. Anyone know how I can correct this so that I can fix the PF structure? -- SS I meant to say "I also removed inheritant rights earlier" -- SS "Steven" wrote: > In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public >...

Problem decompiling database
Hi All, I have two database applications. Both are in Access 2002. One has been around a few years. I decompile and recompile before each release without issue. The second application is relatively new, with most of its guts imported from the older app. Everything seems okay with the new app, in that it compiles and runs and such. When I try to use the /decompile switch on it, I get a message that "Microsoft Access has experienced a problem and needs to close. We're not sorry enough for the inconvenience to give you any real information." I might be paraphras...

How to copy documents using links from excel to web folder
Hi All, We have a web application containing documents and each document has its own link. An excel sheet is having all document names and their links as separate columns. Now, the requirement is to copy all the documents using their links from excel to a particular folder in the web application. I would like to know what all are the possible solutions of this requirement? Or any vbscript is available to do this task? Many Thanks, Atiya. ...

Opening a closed Archive folder
I am running outlook 2007. I right mouse clicked and closed one of my archive folders. Does anyone know if closing the outlook PST erases it? I went back to try and open it and I can not locate that PST file any longer, are my files lost? Outlook doesn't erase the file. Click File/Open and select the file. if you can't find it, use the Windows Explorer search and look for any *.pst file. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting : <http://www....