Public Folder emails showing as unread to everyone

I have been having problems with a public folder that when I recieve a
email and I read it the others who have access cannot see that the
mail has been read. This is leading to duplication of work. Please can
anyone shed some light for me

Jt

Hi,

Make sure you have ticked 'Maintain per-user read and unread information for
this folder.

This is selected on the General Tab of each folder under | Administrative
Group | Folders | Public Folders | in ESM.

 Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
3/20/2007 1:16:34 PM
"Oliver Moazzezi" <o.moazzeziNO@SPAMfreenet.co.uk> wrote:

>Make sure you have ticked 'Maintain per-user read and unread information for
>this folder.

That just keeps track of what each individual has read, and it sounds
like that's what he already has set on the folder.

I don't think there's any way to mark a message as "read by all" in a
public folder. That kind of defeats the purpose of putting messages in
a public place.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
<richn...@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> "Oliver Moazzezi" <o.moazzez...@SPAMfreenet.co.uk> wrote:
> >Make sure you have ticked 'Maintain per-user read and unread information for
> >this folder.
>
> That just keeps track of what each individual has read, and it sounds
> like that's what he already has set on the folder.
>
> I don't think there's any way to mark a message as "read by all" in a
> public folder. That kind of defeats the purpose of putting messages in
> a public place.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> MS Exchange FAQ athttp://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.p...@getronics.com
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.p...@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuc...@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuc...@pinkroccade.com

I have checked and the tick is in the box, however if user1 has read
the mail then user2 still thinks that the mail has been unread which
surely defeats the point of having a public folder???

"jaytee" <jamestoulman23@hotmail.com> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>I have checked and the tick is in the box, however if user1 has read
>the mail then user2 still thinks that the mail has been unread which
>surely defeats the point of having a public folder???

No, expecting that once a message is read that it's marked read for
everyone is defeting the point of having a public folder.

You're expecting the PF to behave like a mailbox.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Homing Child public folder
Child Public Folder Appears Incorrectly on an Exchange Server. Our root folder is homed in Asia. My impression was when creating a child folder it creates on the server you reside on. It then replicates to the Public Folder then gets Re-homed to what every the parent folder is. This is not happening. Has anybody seen this before? ...

Cell formatting
I am using a formula to copy cells from one sheet to another. Everything is ok except the date column. The when that cell is "" or -0- it shows 1/0/1900 How can I change this to "-" or blank? Many thanks One way: =IF(Sheet1!A1>0,Sheet1!A1,"") In article <1105828404.988014.300140@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "seve" <scooksey@charter.net> wrote: > I am using a formula to copy cells from one sheet to another. > > Everything is ok except the date column. > > The when that cell is "" or -0- it shows 1/0...

email publications
I have a 4 page newletter that I want to email in the body of the email but only 1 page comes thru. I have pub 2003. Any ideas You can't do it the way you want to. I have a page that will tell you how to do it but it's not something I'd rally want to do. We normally suggest converting the newsletter to a .pdf and attach that to the email. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "sunnyatrodeph" <sunnyatrodeph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:880FF3CD-FF2F-4839-A23E-A71F964602C5...

How to get to email from Word

Why won't my 2 publication pages switch to 2-pg view as asked?
This is a brand new publication. It only has two pages to it. There is hardly any content and NO web links. But when I use the VIEW drop down menu and click that very first option saying "Two-page spread", Microsoft Publisher does absolutely NOTHING! No, not in print view ... i'm saying "nothing". Yes, I've restarted my computer... all that. Also, in the master page view many of the options are totally greyed-out. Why doesn't microsoft just fix its software instead of adding new inefficient ones? You must have three or more pages to see a two-page ...

Cannot find emails in my inbox greater than a week?
I'm new to outlook for the last month. I've been sending and receiving emails during that time. However, emails keep disappearing from my Outlook 2007 and I'm not deleting them or moving them. This is a business account and I'm losing customer information. Can you help me figure why this is happening? -- Scott Because of the Current View you are using ie last 7 days, amend it as required "TSV" <TSV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA7A5AED-AEE7-41FF-A380-45ADA1B9D00E@microsoft.com... > I'm new to outlook for the las...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

restoring backed up emails.
Hi I have had to restart my computer I backed up the e-mail forlders but cannot figure out how t put them back any help gratefully received ...

No access to Public Folder
Hello There, I have a funky problem regarding Public Folders on a Exchange 2003 Standard. Although I see the Public Folders in Outlook I do not have the rights to add anything. I have set all the rights in Exchange System Manager, but still don't have access. Then I checked with ADSI Edit and found an entry for Public Folder but without an Entry for "Class". Also in the Exchange System Manager under Folders I do not see a "Public Folders" bu cannot creat one, because it is already there (so the warning I get). Does anyone of you have an idea? Thanks and Best Regards Dan...

My deleted emails don't stay in my Deleted Items folder.
If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't appear in my "Deleted Items" folder. They seem to automatically purge. If I delete an email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up in my "Deleted Items" folder. I can do a right-click find on the "Deleted Items" folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure. I need to reset something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until I choose to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of weeks is to compact m...

graphs showing unwanted zero values
Hi! Here I am once again. I have some graphs in a spreadsheet, and the sourcedata is being filled with values as time goes on and I key in new values every fisrt day of the month. Hence the cells containing future readings is empty. The graph jumps from the latest value lets say 40, and stoops down to zero on the X-axis, and follows it the for the rest of the year. How can I get my graphs to stop showing any line after the latest typed value? I have tried every possible combination when cliking the graph, choose Options on the Tools menu, and the tab named Graph, but in vain. Nothing ...

Attaching emails from different folders
I am able to attach emails to a new email within a folder I created (clicking on each mail I want to attach, and right click "forward as attachment"). I am trying to figure out how I can attach different emails from within different email folders to a new email. I am using Outlook Express 6. Thanks ...

Mailbox displayed twice in folder view?
Running Outlook 2003 and I have my mailbox displayed twice under folder view. What can I do to have it displayed only once? TIA ...

show new mails in public folder
hello, our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. thank's for answeres. best regards Christain In news:DBD8EFB5-F0CA-4705-B9C1-854040BA514E@microsoft.com, Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > hello, > > our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to > see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. > > thank's for answeres. > > best regards > Christain What version of Outlook are you using? If yo...

Email deletes
I am running Entourage 11.3.3 and email is deleting itself. I can get and email, a little window shows up at the bottom right corner, but when I go to my inbox it is not there, nor is it in the deleted items folder. Any ideas? On 5/17/07 4:22 PM, in article 1179444120.601021.78040@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "muratet@gmail.com" <muratet@gmail.com> wrote: > I am running Entourage 11.3.3 and email is deleting itself. I can get > and email, a little window shows up at the bottom right corner, but > when I go to my inbox it is not there, nor is it in the deleted items...

Unable to copy other's Contacts folder
To All, User A delegated and granted me full permission to access his Contacts list. My permission level is Owner. I can do anything but copy the whole "Contacts folder" to my mailbox. It says no permission. Anyway that I can copy other's Contacts folder into my mailbox. THanks Calvin Can you copy individual items? If so, create a new folder and copy the contacts to it - use By Category view to make it easier to see all of the contacts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

personal folders for multiple emails
There is a feature that I was willing to see in 2003 version, but I think it's not there yet. If i have multiple emails outlook will put all massages to a personal folder so my Inbox gets crowded. Can I have a personal folder for each email. I know i can do that using filters for each folder but i don't think this is a proper way for doing it. Please let me know if that is possible. You can create rules to move messages based on the account over which they were received. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ahmad Yahya" <gt21124@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4...

Sum Formula Showing Instead of Value :(
I exported a peachtree report to excel. In one colum I did a SUM calculation for the column 2 columns away (ie. in cell J34 I have a Formula =SUM(H3:H34) where they are a column of numbers). The forumula only shows in J34, not the value that should result from the calculation. I have never run into this before. What's going on? I do this all the time. Hmmm... if I type the formula in, I get the answer. If I use the E function to do it, I get only the forumla. Still would like to know what the deal is. I am using Excel 2002. Thanks If a cell is formatted as text and you type a ...

Safe way to exchange Users folder to another HD
Hi all, windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new users", etc. could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has to be done. Thanks, Corsair. Corsair wrote: > windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal > HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). > > is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\U...

Unable to view public folders
We are currently running Microsoft Exchange 2000. I am currently attempting to create public folders and point a designated email address at them. I am creating each folder via a terminal logged on as Administrator. When I go to the Exchanger manager to view the public folder:- > Administrative Groups > 1st Adminastrive Groups > Public Folders The following message appears:- Enter Network Password Username Password The username field is already populated with the following information:- domanin\user When i attempt to enter the password the message reappears. Hope t...

Shared folders
Why are others able to select locked cells, in a shared folder? I have protected this worksheet and have set it so others could only select unlocked cells. ...

Public Folder Directory Rights
In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public folders. Now when I try to click directory rights button in the permissions tab within the properties of that folder in Exchange administrator I get "Unable to read security rights form the directory". I also remember inheritant rights prior. Anyone know how I can correct this so that I can fix the PF structure? -- SS I meant to say "I also removed inheritant rights earlier" -- SS "Steven" wrote: > In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public >...

How to copy documents using links from excel to web folder
Hi All, We have a web application containing documents and each document has its own link. An excel sheet is having all document names and their links as separate columns. Now, the requirement is to copy all the documents using their links from excel to a particular folder in the web application. I would like to know what all are the possible solutions of this requirement? Or any vbscript is available to do this task? Many Thanks, Atiya. ...

Opening a closed Archive folder
I am running outlook 2007. I right mouse clicked and closed one of my archive folders. Does anyone know if closing the outlook PST erases it? I went back to try and open it and I can not locate that PST file any longer, are my files lost? Outlook doesn't erase the file. Click File/Open and select the file. if you can't find it, use the Windows Explorer search and look for any *.pst file. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting : <http://www....

email with an attachment
why does it takes a long time to open or sending an email with an attachments. It there any special setting in Outlook 2000. Thanks. ...