Public Folder Calander Default View

We have a Public Folder calendar that was requested to be set to and left as
'Month View'  it appears to default to day view and needs to be set to month
view by each user, and from what i am told will revert back to day view after
logging out and relogging in to the network/exchange.  Is there a way to set
an attribut on this shared calendar that when it is opened by a client it
will open by default in Month view?
Thanks for any assistance.
0
Civic (14)

In news:2253CCBC-DD0D-4B2D-83AF-4115E4B0FFFD@microsoft.com,
Civic <Civic@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> We have a Public Folder calendar that was requested to be set to and
> left as 'Month View'  it appears to default to day view and needs to
> be set to month view by each user, and from what i am told will
> revert back to day view after logging out and relogging in to the
> network/exchange.  Is there a way to set an attribut on this shared
> calendar that when it is opened by a client it will open by default
> in Month view?
> Thanks for any assistance.

Replied in m.p.exchange.clients. Please don't multipost - if you need to
post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by posting a single
message to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names with commas)
so that everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :-)

0
lanwench (7567)

Homing Child public folder
Child Public Folder Appears Incorrectly on an Exchange Server. Our root folder is homed in Asia. My impression was when creating a child folder it creates on the server you reside on. It then replicates to the Public Folder then gets Re-homed to what every the parent folder is. This is not happening. Has anybody seen this before? ...

Why Isn't "Stop Processing More Rules" a Default?
I don't seem to be getting straight information about this issue. In Outlook Express' mail rules you never, EVER had to check off "Stop Processing More Rules" to complete a mail rule, and in any event this tickbox was so far down the list of options that one never saw it. Several people on this newsgroup have complained about this and wondered why they never had to check it off before upgrading to Windows 7 and Live Mail (since Outlook Express has been quietly retired). A point to consider is that, when one creates a mail rule, the message(s)-in-question ar...

email publications
I have a 4 page newletter that I want to email in the body of the email but only 1 page comes thru. I have pub 2003. Any ideas You can't do it the way you want to. I have a page that will tell you how to do it but it's not something I'd rally want to do. We normally suggest converting the newsletter to a .pdf and attach that to the email. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "sunnyatrodeph" <sunnyatrodeph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:880FF3CD-FF2F-4839-A23E-A71F964602C5...

Why won't my 2 publication pages switch to 2-pg view as asked?
This is a brand new publication. It only has two pages to it. There is hardly any content and NO web links. But when I use the VIEW drop down menu and click that very first option saying "Two-page spread", Microsoft Publisher does absolutely NOTHING! No, not in print view ... i'm saying "nothing". Yes, I've restarted my computer... all that. Also, in the master page view many of the options are totally greyed-out. Why doesn't microsoft just fix its software instead of adding new inefficient ones? You must have three or more pages to see a two-page ...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

No access to Public Folder
Hello There, I have a funky problem regarding Public Folders on a Exchange 2003 Standard. Although I see the Public Folders in Outlook I do not have the rights to add anything. I have set all the rights in Exchange System Manager, but still don't have access. Then I checked with ADSI Edit and found an entry for Public Folder but without an Entry for "Class". Also in the Exchange System Manager under Folders I do not see a "Public Folders" bu cannot creat one, because it is already there (so the warning I get). Does anyone of you have an idea? Thanks and Best Regards Dan...

Setting a non-standard default meeting length?
First, I'm aware of how to change default meeting length as done in the following: http://www.lockergnome.com/it/2009/10/29/change-the-default-appointment-interval-in-outlook/ That is not what I want. I want to set my default meeting length to 50 minutes, but still only have 1 meeting/hour. That way I have a little time between meetings to prepare for the next meeting and maybe even get a little real work done. Ideally there would be a built in way to do this since add ons are frowned upon by my IT group. Thanks! It's not possible, short of making two appoint...

can't open queries in design view
Today queries in one of my databases cannot be opened in design view but they are opening with my forms. First time I've had this. Now working in 2003 but db were written in 2000. Can anyone tell me why and what I need to do? There are some other flaky things happening as well... "could not update; record locked", database needing to be compiled sometime after a user works in it (multiuser environment and was compiled previously), and who knows what else I have found yet These things were not happening in the past. At times like this, nothing beats a good backup. I...

My deleted emails don't stay in my Deleted Items folder.
If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't appear in my "Deleted Items" folder. They seem to automatically purge. If I delete an email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up in my "Deleted Items" folder. I can do a right-click find on the "Deleted Items" folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure. I need to reset something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until I choose to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of weeks is to compact m...

Attaching emails from different folders
I am able to attach emails to a new email within a folder I created (clicking on each mail I want to attach, and right click "forward as attachment"). I am trying to figure out how I can attach different emails from within different email folders to a new email. I am using Outlook Express 6. Thanks ...

show new mails in public folder
hello, our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. thank's for answeres. best regards Christain In news:DBD8EFB5-F0CA-4705-B9C1-854040BA514E@microsoft.com, Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > hello, > > our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to > see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. > > thank's for answeres. > > best regards > Christain What version of Outlook are you using? If yo...

Mailbox displayed twice in folder view?
Running Outlook 2003 and I have my mailbox displayed twice under folder view. What can I do to have it displayed only once? TIA ...

Unable to copy other's Contacts folder
To All, User A delegated and granted me full permission to access his Contacts list. My permission level is Owner. I can do anything but copy the whole "Contacts folder" to my mailbox. It says no permission. Anyway that I can copy other's Contacts folder into my mailbox. THanks Calvin Can you copy individual items? If so, create a new folder and copy the contacts to it - use By Category view to make it easier to see all of the contacts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart...

personal folders for multiple emails
There is a feature that I was willing to see in 2003 version, but I think it's not there yet. If i have multiple emails outlook will put all massages to a personal folder so my Inbox gets crowded. Can I have a personal folder for each email. I know i can do that using filters for each folder but i don't think this is a proper way for doing it. Please let me know if that is possible. You can create rules to move messages based on the account over which they were received. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ahmad Yahya" <gt21124@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4...

Possible to change default "All Open Workbooks" to "This Workbook" in macro dialogue box?
This is something that is always a problem for me. Whenever I'm selecting macros to run they are _always_, nearly without any exceptions at all, macros that are found in the current workbook. I'm always having to change the option of "All Open Workbooks" to "This Workbook" whenever I open the macro dialogue box. Can we change that (even if it's a reg edit)? Tx. :oD ...

Unable to view public folders
We are currently running Microsoft Exchange 2000. I am currently attempting to create public folders and point a designated email address at them. I am creating each folder via a terminal logged on as Administrator. When I go to the Exchanger manager to view the public folder:- > Administrative Groups > 1st Adminastrive Groups > Public Folders The following message appears:- Enter Network Password Username Password The username field is already populated with the following information:- domanin\user When i attempt to enter the password the message reappears. Hope t...

Safe way to exchange Users folder to another HD
Hi all, windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\Users and not having a pain in the a... with problems of: "not found", "impossible to add new users", etc. could be fine a step by step guide of how to do it, and thing that not has to be done. Thanks, Corsair. Corsair wrote: > windows 7 pro x64 in a tiny SSD (C: with OS)(30 Gb) another normal > HD (E: with data)(500 Gb). > > is there any safe way to move all C:\users to e.g. E:\U...

Shared folders
Why are others able to select locked cells, in a shared folder? I have protected this worksheet and have set it so others could only select unlocked cells. ...

Public Folder Directory Rights
In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public folders. Now when I try to click directory rights button in the permissions tab within the properties of that folder in Exchange administrator I get "Unable to read security rights form the directory". I also remember inheritant rights prior. Anyone know how I can correct this so that I can fix the PF structure? -- SS I meant to say "I also removed inheritant rights earlier" -- SS "Steven" wrote: > In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public >...

How to copy documents using links from excel to web folder
Hi All, We have a web application containing documents and each document has its own link. An excel sheet is having all document names and their links as separate columns. Now, the requirement is to copy all the documents using their links from excel to a particular folder in the web application. I would like to know what all are the possible solutions of this requirement? Or any vbscript is available to do this task? Many Thanks, Atiya. ...

Change default font in week view?
Outlook 2003 How do I change default font in yhe calendar's week view? -- Thanks... Bob ...

Opening a closed Archive folder
I am running outlook 2007. I right mouse clicked and closed one of my archive folders. Does anyone know if closing the outlook PST erases it? I went back to try and open it and I can not locate that PST file any longer, are my files lost? Outlook doesn't erase the file. Click File/Open and select the file. if you can't find it, use the Windows Explorer search and look for any *.pst file. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting : <http://www....

Tool Bar default
I like to have my align center, middle, left and right up in my tool bar as i use them frequently. I get rid of stuff I don't use to make the room. How do I set that as default? I think I am doing it but when I open a new document after a shutdown, it goes away. I also want to say that I wish we didn't have to scroll down to find the letter portrait and letter landscape default page. I wish they could be customized. I've created those two as templates so I have them ready but please send in request to make that available in future upgrades! Right-click any toolbar, custom...

Public Folder
Hello, I have created a Public Folder with a Task View as my MIS Help Desk for my internal users. Occassionally the Task Item will disappear. I DO NOT know why it disappears, can you help me with this? Also, the users only fill in the Subject line and sometimes additional information in the body of the Task. That's all. Very puzzle!? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

How do I set the contact "file as" field as the default email search field
I need to be able to set the "file as" field as the default format to show when selecting names for emailing. The default is "full name" and I cannot find a way to change this. Can anyone help Show where, and in what version of Outlook? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Phil davidson" <dacon@connexus.net.au> wrote in message news:16f2c01c44857$0d3617e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I need to be able to set the "file as" field as the > default format to show when selecting names for emailing. > The default is "full name" and I canno...