Public Calendar, Meeting Owner/Organizer

I have searched and searched for an answer to this question, and hopefully
even if the answer is "no" somebody will answer.  My question is, is there
any way to see who created or is the owner of a particular meeting in a
Public Folder/Shared Calendar?

Thank you.

if you change the view on the calendar to "by category", and make sure the
"from" field is there, you should be able to tell who made an entry...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Christine Lisi" <ChristineLisi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have searched and searched for an answer to this question, and hopefully
> even if the answer is "no" somebody will answer.  My question is, is there
> any way to see who created or is the owner of a particular meeting in a
> Public Folder/Shared Calendar?
>
> Thank you.

0
sconkey (3059)
11/2/2006 10:08:57 PM
Wow, Susan!  You're the best!  There are about 5 posts in the Outlook forum
of people asking this question with no response, so I wasn't hopeful!  Thanks
so much!

Christine

"Susan" wrote:

> if you change the view on the calendar to "by category", and make sure the
> "from" field is there, you should be able to tell who made an entry...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Christine Lisi" <ChristineLisi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have searched and searched for an answer to this question, and hopefully
> > even if the answer is "no" somebody will answer.  My question is, is there
> > any way to see who created or is the owner of a particular meeting in a
> > Public Folder/Shared Calendar?
> >
> > Thank you.

you're welcome...

--

> Wow, Susan!  You're the best!  There are about 5 posts in the Outlook
> forum
> of people asking this question with no response, so I wasn't hopeful!
> Thanks
> so much!
>
> Christine
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> if you change the view on the calendar to "by category", and make sure
>> the
>> "from" field is there, you should be able to tell who made an entry...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "Christine Lisi" <ChristineLisi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >I have searched and searched for an answer to this question, and
>> >hopefully
>> > even if the answer is "no" somebody will answer.  My question is, is
>> > there
>> > any way to see who created or is the owner of a particular meeting in a
>> > Public Folder/Shared Calendar?
>> >
>> > Thank you.

0
sconkey (3059)

Calendar help
I wonder if anyone can help. I have downloaded from MS the staff absence tracker and would like to know if there is any way of exporting it to Access in order to prepare a report with the information which will be used in it. Or can Excel do a report? Thanks ...

Homing Child public folder
Child Public Folder Appears Incorrectly on an Exchange Server. Our root folder is homed in Asia. My impression was when creating a child folder it creates on the server you reside on. It then replicates to the Public Folder then gets Re-homed to what every the parent folder is. This is not happening. Has anybody seen this before? ...

email publications
I have a 4 page newletter that I want to email in the body of the email but only 1 page comes thru. I have pub 2003. Any ideas You can't do it the way you want to. I have a page that will tell you how to do it but it's not something I'd rally want to do. We normally suggest converting the newsletter to a .pdf and attach that to the email. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "sunnyatrodeph" <sunnyatrodeph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:880FF3CD-FF2F-4839-A23E-A71F964602C5...

Why won't my 2 publication pages switch to 2-pg view as asked?
This is a brand new publication. It only has two pages to it. There is hardly any content and NO web links. But when I use the VIEW drop down menu and click that very first option saying "Two-page spread", Microsoft Publisher does absolutely NOTHING! No, not in print view ... i'm saying "nothing". Yes, I've restarted my computer... all that. Also, in the master page view many of the options are totally greyed-out. Why doesn't microsoft just fix its software instead of adding new inefficient ones? You must have three or more pages to see a two-page ...

Can you open a publisher 2003 publication in publisher 2000?
Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Shaz" <Shaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6732D11-AD6F-4209-891A-CB05BD87ECC3@microsoft.com... > Can you open a publisher 2003 document in a publisher 2000 program? ...

Setting a non-standard default meeting length?
First, I'm aware of how to change default meeting length as done in the following: http://www.lockergnome.com/it/2009/10/29/change-the-default-appointment-interval-in-outlook/ That is not what I want. I want to set my default meeting length to 50 minutes, but still only have 1 meeting/hour. That way I have a little time between meetings to prepare for the next meeting and maybe even get a little real work done. Ideally there would be a built in way to do this since add ons are frowned upon by my IT group. Thanks! It's not possible, short of making two appoint...

No access to Public Folder
Hello There, I have a funky problem regarding Public Folders on a Exchange 2003 Standard. Although I see the Public Folders in Outlook I do not have the rights to add anything. I have set all the rights in Exchange System Manager, but still don't have access. Then I checked with ADSI Edit and found an entry for Public Folder but without an Entry for "Class". Also in the Exchange System Manager under Folders I do not see a "Public Folders" bu cannot creat one, because it is already there (so the warning I get). Does anyone of you have an idea? Thanks and Best Regards Dan...

How to cleanup calendar
How to cleanup calendar. My calendar size is 63 mag.How do I delete all the items.. Open your calendar Select VIEW on the menu Select CURRENT VIEW Select BY CATEGORY Highlight the appointments and DELETE them. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "ksheeraj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ef501c3e768$9a230ff0$a301280a@phx.gbl... How to cleanup calendar. My calendar size is 63 mag.How do I delete all the items.. ...

show new mails in public folder
hello, our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. thank's for answeres. best regards Christain In news:DBD8EFB5-F0CA-4705-B9C1-854040BA514E@microsoft.com, Christian Weihs <ChristianWeihs@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > hello, > > our public folder dosen't show new mails like in the inbox. I want to > see if a new message receive, where can I adjust this. > > thank's for answeres. > > best regards > Christain What version of Outlook are you using? If yo...

Unable to view public folders
We are currently running Microsoft Exchange 2000. I am currently attempting to create public folders and point a designated email address at them. I am creating each folder via a terminal logged on as Administrator. When I go to the Exchanger manager to view the public folder:- > Administrative Groups > 1st Adminastrive Groups > Public Folders The following message appears:- Enter Network Password Username Password The username field is already populated with the following information:- domanin\user When i attempt to enter the password the message reappears. Hope t...

Public Folder Directory Rights
In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public folders. Now when I try to click directory rights button in the permissions tab within the properties of that folder in Exchange administrator I get "Unable to read security rights form the directory". I also remember inheritant rights prior. Anyone know how I can correct this so that I can fix the PF structure? -- SS I meant to say "I also removed inheritant rights earlier" -- SS "Steven" wrote: > In a haste I think I removed all directory rights to a branch of my public >...

Import & more thant one calendar open- Entourage 2004
What type of formats can I import to entourage calendar? I have the info in a calendar in word and I was wondering if it's possibly to import from the document? Also, is it possibly to have more than one calendar open an view them side to side? I'm open I can just drag an item from on calendar to another instead of typing the information again. Sorry for too many questions but I'm new to entourage. On 2/3/10 8:55 AM, Gilbert wrote: > What type of formats can I import to entourage calendar? I have the info in > a calendar in word and I was wondering if ...

Short cut for OL Calendar ....
Is there a way to put a shortcut on my desktop to open OL 2000's Calendar only. Bypassing all and going directly to Calendar instead of having to opem OL and opening Calender. Ya know -trying to save a few unnessesary clicks,lol . Thank You ;-) You can configure Outlook to open directly to the calendar - tools, options, other, advanced, top of page. Or create a shortcut using /select outlook:calendar switch: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /select outlook:calendar -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 ...

2 Exchange Organizations Sharing SMTP
I've been following KB321721 on sharing SMTP address questions, but am missing a point. We're migrating our Exchange 2000 server from one AD domain to another. For a period our users will be split between servers and we want users on both the old and the new domain to be able to send and receive as "rfaq.com" I think I understand how the non-authoritative server can forward to the "final link' authoritative server. I don't understand how the final server finds users on the other server. Ex: mjones@rfaq.com on the non-auth server sends to bsmith@rfaq.com on th...

Public Folder
Hello, I have created a Public Folder with a Task View as my MIS Help Desk for my internal users. Occassionally the Task Item will disappear. I DO NOT know why it disappears, can you help me with this? Also, the users only fill in the Subject line and sometimes additional information in the body of the Task. That's all. Very puzzle!? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

How to Include Crm Contacts (Which You are Not the Owner of) In Outlook
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C8392A.02E4AE10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know of a way to include a CRM Contact in your Outlook = Contacts when you are not the owner of that Contact. When you are the = owner of a contact in CRM, then it automatically appears in your Outlook = contacts, however, there are situations where more than one person deal = with the same contacts at a company, so they would like to have those = contacts in their Outlook without having to c...

Count unique records that also meet criteria
I'm not sure if there is a formula to calculate what I want or if it will have to be a macro. I'd prefer a formula if possible. I have a workbook that has 2 sheets "Charts" and "Tooling PLOB". On my "Charts" tab I need it to count unique records from the "Tooling PLOB" that also meet certain criteria so I can chart it. (My boss doesn't like pivot tables.) For Example, from the "Tooling PLOB" I want to count how many in column I are "In Work" and is also a unique record. Column K has job #s that may be l...

Mail merge to to new publication (publisher 2002)
Is it possible in publisher 2002 to save a mail merge document to a new publication in order to edit merged text rather than merge fields as is possible in 2003, or is there another way? Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Sean <sean30358@hotmail.com>... > Is it possible in publisher 2002 to save a mail merge > document to a new publication in order to edit merged > text rather than merge fields as is possible in 2003, or > is there another way? The Publisher 2002 merge was far more limited than the 2003 merge. -- Ed Be...

Send on bhalf of public folder
I have a user that has full access to a public folder and also send on behalf permissions of the same folder. The user still gets "you do not have permissions to send on behalf of this user" error message. Is there anything I have missed? ...

public contacts / public diary
when i create a new appointment for a contact in a public folder, is it possible to create that appointment in a public folder diary as well as the normal diary? cheers mark You can invite a public calendar folder.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "mark" <mark@remove.com> wrote in message = news:1121421946.30525.0@iris.uk.clara.net... > when i create a new appointment for a contact in a public folder, is = it ...

best way to migrate public folders
Hi all, Now, we are moving exchange 2000 users to exchange 2003 SP2 servers. BTW, what's the best way to migrate all public folders to the new servers? Thanks in advance. On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:35:02 -0700, Sally <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Now, we are moving exchange 2000 users to exchange 2003 SP2 servers. BTW, >what's the best way to migrate all public folders to the new servers? > >Thanks in advance. > Create replicas on the new server. May want to take a gander at this as well. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931/ ...

Separating and organizing/ascending cells by column?
Hey, I've been using Excel a lot recently, but there are some things I nee to do which I can't figure out. My first question is, how do I separate cells so that if I insert a ro into one cell, it DOESN'T insert a row into another column? Fo example, look at screen one. http://www.jpatworld.com/excel.jpg What I want to do is insert a row under "Brian" and above "Carl", but don't want to insert a row under "Ford" and above "BMW". Is there a wa I can do this by separating columns A and B so that if I insert a row it is only inserted ...

Outlook 2007 Public Subfilders in Favorites
I am using Outlook 2007. I have researched this issue on the internet but do not see any updates since late 2007. If I add a subfolder to a public folder, it adds to my favorites. If I then add a subfolder to that folder (level 3) it adds to my favorites BUT it does not add to my office mate's favorites. We have the same permissions as Owner, although I am also the Administrator. Also, I have confirmed that the Properties...Favorites... is set to "add new subfolders of the public folder to this folder" and "Add all subfolders". Why is this happen...

Incorrectly Mapping to Exchange Public Folders
We have a folder on our PDC that is shared as \\server\public ... it has always been mappable from Win2K and WinXP clients. Today, a user on an XP machine started having trouble mapping to this share. Instead of the directory on the PDC, he was being mapped to the *public folders* in outlook (I guess that's "M:\org\Public Folders"?) Any idea what's going on? All other machines continue to map to the original share on the PDC. I also checked the virtual exchange drive (M:) where the exchange public folders are, and they are *not* shared. Thanks! (btw, we have a Win2K se...

Public Folders Contacts.
Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server Standard Edition We use our public folders as a costumer base and we have about 15,000 contact. We noticed that when doing searches by using the conventianal "Find" button located in the outlook 2003 toolbar, the search would be painfully slow and the CPU usage on the server would sky rocket for about 2 minutes. After many months of waiting, we received a solution from Microsoft located below. Now the conventional way of doing serches works like a charm, conversely we now encounter an additional problem. The advanced find feature (Which we use ...