pub.edb usable for mail boxes

Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free
up disk space?

0
anonymous (74717)

"mike r." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free
>up disk space?

Not exactly. The Public store is just for public messages. There's
nothing to stop you creating a structure in there and assigning
permissions to it so that only the owners can access the folders and
then using the store to allow users to archive old but still required
messages in there.
That's not an often used idea and it certainly doesn't give you any
disk space back unless you do an offline defrag on the private store
and have the public store on a drive where there is sufficient space.
Sooner or later you're going to hit a 16GB limit, only this way you'll
stave it off for a while but eventually that day will come. It's like
a tax audit, inevitable.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)

Viewing Publisher .pub document
Is there any viewer available to view and print a *.pub document? I think I found my answer in the (In)compatibility thread below. >-----Original Message----- >Is there any viewer available to view and print a *.pub >document? >. > ...

Unread Mail in Favorites
Outlook 2003 Got a funny one here: Unread Mail doesn't show in Favorites. I can right click and add it but when I close Outlook down it vanishes again. "ChrisSDB" <ChrisSDB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C20DC882-7793-4AC5-A839-33C076B59047@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2003 > Got a funny one here: Unread Mail doesn't show in Favorites. I can right > click and add it but when I close Outlook down it vanishes again. This indicates that Outlook isn't actually closing properly. The next time you close Outlook, use the Task Mana...

Can't create html file from pub file
I don't have Frontpage and I used Publisher for doing web page. Now I can't acess to some funcions, in the wb, because I have made a ".pub" file instead a ".html" file! What can I do??? Run Publisher, open your file and do, File Save as a Web page This will create the html files and the gif files. Upload all the files except the .pub file. And don't do what I did on my first web page project, deleted the pub file. You will need it to make changes with your web page. You open the pub file, make changes, save as a web page and upload the new files. Don ...

E-Mail Issue

MFC Edit box
Should I use a CEdit 'control' variable to control my CEdit elements, or should I use a CString 'value' variable? The reason I ask is that a book I read told me to use CString variables behind my edit boxes, but I want to be able to enable and disable the text boxes as well as update the contents. With the current CString variable I cannot see a way to enable/disable the text boxes. If you want to change properties beyond text of your control, you should use the "Control" variable as it gives you complete access to underlying edit control. You can call SetWin...

pub 97, pub 2000, pub 2002
Do these share the same keyboard shortcuts and screen interface? Yes... There are some features in later versions that 97 did not have. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "liaM" <cuddly@mindless.com> wrote in message news:46e88bf0$0$27404$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > Do these share the same keyboard shortcuts and screen interface? Mary Sauer wrote: > Yes... There are some features in later versions that 97 did not have. > But is the basic idea of a workspace and are the various keyboard ...

Preselect value in combo box
I have a combo box that is populated by a look-up table. This look-up table only has two columns id and name. Only the name column is displayed by this combo box and the user uses this combo box to select a name. Now to my question: Usually it's one particular name of this list that is selected and saved over and over again. To make things more convenient for the user, Is it possible to "preselect" or "prefill" this combo box with this particular name from the list? if so, how to do that? Thanks for your input. To be more exact, the user selects the "name" ...

How do I reroute mail from other e-mail accounts to Outlook?
I'm trying to use Outlook Express for first time on a new computer. I cannot get mail from a web based e-mail account to redirect to OE. It keeps asking for my password which I am entering but it is not being accepted. Sandie <Sandie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to use Outlook Express for first time on a new computer. I > cannot get mail from a web based e-mail account to redirect to OE. It > keeps asking for my password which I am entering but it is not being > accepted. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Opening E-mail with excel attachment
I cannot open excel files people send me through e-mail it asks to check if path and filename are correct and that I have all the libraries required, i have excel97...can someboby please help m Try this first In Microsoft Excel 97, on the Tools menu, click Options. Click the General tab. Clear the Ignore Other Applications checkbox, and click OK. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B135A4B-65A9-47FB-BDA1-A884C31BAC55@microsoft.com... > I cannot open excel files peo...

run time caption settings for dialog box
Hi in runtim how can i assign caption for button or label for a dialog box in MFC app regards ttk CButton* pButton = (CButton*)GetDlgItem( IDC_MYBUTTON ); pButton->SetWindowText("hmmm....") "ttk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63FFE7EE-E7AD-4519-8BF0-1D1B274C0597@microsoft.com... > Hi, > in runtime > how can i assign caption for button or label for a dialog box in MFC appn > regards, > ttk Except you should avoid GetDlgItem entirely. Create a member control variable using ClassWizard, and just call SetWindowTex...

pub.edb usable for mail boxes
Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free up disk space? "mike r." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to use the pub.edb for mail boxes, to free >up disk space? Not exactly. The Public store is just for public messages. There's nothing to stop you creating a structure in there and assigning permissions to it so that only the owners can access the folders and then using the store to allow users to archive old but still required messages in there. That's not an often used idea and it certainly doesn't give you any ...

Using Excell 2000 to do a bulk mailing in Outlook 2000
www.microsoft.com previously posted instructions on how to do this (http://www.microsoft.com/exceldev/articles/bulkmail.htm) When testing this I am unable to download the Microsoft Excel Bulk Mailing templates. Do these instructions no longer apply to version 2000 of Excel and Outlook. Sally sally.wittwer@gwinnettcounty.com Hi Sally Most of the Excel 97 links are dead on the MS site. I never used it but If you want the zip file mail me and I send you the file -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Sally" <anonymous@discussions.micro...

stop mail from automatically downloading
Please help! How do i stop e-mail from automatically downloading when I start Outlook? I don't always want my mail downloaded and can't find any help on this subject anywhere! I was also advised to try this: When you close Outlook while working in Off-line mode File-> Work Off Line. Outlook will also start in Off-line mode. I'm going to try them both Thank you >-----Original Message----- >Referring to Outlook 2000 (assume other versions not too different): > >Tools>Options>Mail Delivery. Uncheck "Check for messages ...." Messages will not be down...

OWA Pub Folder on Website
Can I create public folders calendars and have them available for the world to see? But only we can edit them? I want to add a calendar to our School District website and the Calendars in OWA 2003 on Exchange 2003 would be easy to manage. > Can I create public folders calendars and have them > available for the world to see? But only we can edit > them? Yes you can! Create a public calendar folder in your preferred manner. In Exchange System Manager, create a virtual HTTP server or a virtual directory with the desired name (let's say School as an example). Have this point t...

What do you think about Symantec Mail Sec. (SMS 8300) (Anti-spam)
I am making plans to buy Symantec Mail Security appliance (SMS8300). My primary goal is to control spam. I would get a couple of devices and set them up at the gateway. Anyone familiar with such solution? Please advise. ...

Can't edit story in Word (Pub 2000)
I have Office 2000 SB Edition, running on Windows 98 SE. When I am using Publisher 2000, and want to "Edit Story in Word" I get an error message. It says it can't connect with Word, and to "close other applications or free up memory", or to "reinstall the OLE server". I don't have any other applications running, and I have lots of free memory. I don't know what the OLE server is, or how to reinstall it. Can anyone help please? I have Office 2000 SB Edition running on Windows XP on another machine, and I do not get this problem there, just on the Wi...

Sent E-Mail
Each E-Mail I send goes to the intenden recipient, but a copy of the sent message also goes to my in-bax each time. How can I prevent this from happening? Thank you in advance. ...

Limit values in combo box
I have a form frmEst with a subform sfrMat. On sfrMat are two combo boxes, cboCat to choose a Category and cboPartNo to choose a Part Number. I want to limit the choices in cboPartNo to only those parts that are members of the Category chosen in cboCat. I'm really struggling with the code to make this work. Help, please. Ivor This is a common question. Check out this website for details: http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0028.htm HTH Damon "Ivor Williams" <ivorwilliams@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:mFH1i.179150$DE1.12092@pd7urf2no... >I have a form frmEs...

OWA junk mail filter
In Outlook microsoft provides a way to update the junk mail folder by downloading updates for Outlook. If someone is using OWA exclusively how does one go about updating the junk mail folder and is there a way that OWA gets updated? ...

e-mails #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C4A5ED.DB8E1310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I am using Outlook and sending mail sometime the mail stays in the = out box and it says mail has not been sent, but so I try again a few times the mail still in the = outbox and says not sent. But my friends e-mail me and say quit sending the same mail 10 times. I = tried 5 times today to send a mail with what I thought was no luck but one person received it 17 = times and I only sent it 5 times ...

Using Outlook as "default" mail client
Whenever I click on a link on a webpage that is a "mailto" link to open an email address in Outlook, I get a message saying that Outlook isn't properly configured as the email client. Then for some reason, internet explorer opens about twenty or so instances of itself, some with blank entries in the URL field, others with a message relating to the "mailto" link. I run Firefox as my browser. So, at the time IE isn't even running. I used to run Eudora as my default client. When I installed Office some time ago I had never configured Outlook. So, when we started usin...

Junk E-mail on additional mailboxes
My junk e-mail filtering only works on my primary mailbox. Is there a way to filter my additional mailboxes as well ? Thank you for any resoponse in advance. Tony Yes I would like to know how to do this as well. My Inbox is a pop email but my real mail folder is IMAP and it won't let me use any of the features (Junk mail, unread items, etc.) since my main inbox is not in the personal folders. ...

Exchange 2003 Default Mail Box
In Exchange 5.5 there used to be Default mail box where all unresolved recipient emails used to get diverted. I am unable to find a setting in Exchange 2003 to achieve this.All the incoming SMTP mail with misspelt name stay in the queue untill expiry time and then get deleted. I have no possiblity to correct recipient address in the queue also. Is any one able to help in this regard? Any tips for this will be appreciated. Thanks These mails are usually deposited in the Bad Mail Folder under your exchsrvr directory. You can verify by checking your SMTP VS settings. -- John Oliver, J...

Exchange 5.5 and priv.edb growing fast
Hi, We have the following problem. Our priv.edb file is growing very fast (for the moment he is 13Gb), we now the problem, we send out an e-mail to 200 customers (invitation) and some of the emails came on unpatched exchange servers of one of our customers (something to do with "if more than 50 CC adressess are filled in" the unpathced server goes nuts and starts sending and sending in an endless loop) Meanwhile the customer has resolved his problem and the sending has stopped. But we now recieve the "bounced" mails by the thousands. The "bounced" mails...

Mail Merge Missing?
A weird thing is happening with Mail Merge. When I click on Tools and then Mail Merge, nothing happens. No dialogue box, no error message, nothing. A checkmark is in front of the Mail Merge menu item under Tools. Is there a simple fix to this? Since I can't access the Mail Merge box, I can't do Mail Merges through Outlook! Thanks in advance for any help. Posting your Outlook version, Word version, and the steps used to lose this option would be a place to start when you post a question like this. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Karen8888" <Karen8888@discussions...