Prrofile not connecting to exchange server

Windows 2000 on computer. We just cloned a small drive to a large drive. In
the process I must have shut off or deleted something.

The profile can accessed on the server from any other computer except the
one that we cloned the drive.
Error reads Can Not Open Information Store.

All suggestions are welcome. We need to do this with out calling in anyone
else.

Thank You

0
lorettaa (23)

How is general network connectivity?  Are you able to ping the Exchange
server?  Browse the network?  Did you try recreating the Profile?

The network is good. We are getting on the internet, receiving internet
email through outlook express. Just cann't connect to receive internal
messages and only from this one computer on the system. The profile for this
person works on any other computer in the system when she logs in with her
username and password.
"daveberm" <david.bermingham@steeleye.com> wrote in message
> How is general network connectivity?  Are you able to ping the Exchange
> server?  Browse the network?  Did you try recreating the Profile?

0
lorettaa (23)
5/16/2006 1:42:50 PM
Reinstall/Repair the Office installation and recreate the profile. This is
an OS/Client issue not Exchange.

Nue
"Loretta" <lorettaa@anderson-computer.com> wrote in message
> The network is good. We are getting on the internet, receiving internet
> email through outlook express. Just cann't connect to receive internal
> messages and only from this one computer on the system. The profile for
> this person works on any other computer in the system when she logs in
> with her username and password.
> "daveberm" <david.bermingham@steeleye.com> wrote in message
>> How is general network connectivity?  Are you able to ping the Exchange
>> server?  Browse the network?  Did you try recreating the Profile?

0
imaneophyte (3005)

one last exchange question
I've set up an exchange account on outlook 2007, loaded my .pst folder from my old pop account and then transfered all my subfolders/old email over to the exchange account. But when I log into my web based exchange account all I see are the subfolders, there are no messages. I am assuming there is some way to maybe mark the messages for upload or resolve the two folders but I can't seem to find that setting anywhere. Is there some sort of setting somewhere? It also might be related to the fact that there are about 30 subfolders with close to 1000 emails... "...

Permissions on a server level Exchange 2007
Hi there, What is the prefered way to set permissions, like send-as & full mailbox access, on a server level in Exchange 2007? I saw that the server objects in the configuration partition contain these rights. Raw editing tools like adsi-edit are however not our prefered tools... Any ideas? Cheers! PowerShell. Add-MailboxPermission Oliver How do you use the add-mailboxpermission cmdlet to add it at a server level???? Sorry Oliver, but the add-mailboxpermission cmdlet does not - natively - have the option to set permissions on a server level. It can only be used to set permis...

connecting story sections
I have a story where page 35 doesn't connect to page 36. I want to connect these pages. The problem is that publisher only lets me connect a page to a blank text box. As both page 35 and 36 aren't blank, I can't find a way to do this. Create a blank text box on page 36, then use the overflow feature on page 35 info to connect to the blank page 36 box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Blindy" <Blindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7B78D7E-9888-40A8-B624-34C957C57...

lost reply ability / calendar linking to exchange in upgrade.
I am performing a clean install of sbs2k (exchange 2k) (new server, new domain, guids, etc) to replace a sbs4.5 (exchange5.5) network. I took care to backup all user outlook info to PST files. I import them back in after the new domain is up. When I pull the calendar item back in, they come up fine except the names of the people on any particular meeting are no longer linked into the exchange database... you can't see availability, etc, etc. Also, replying to an internal email that was sent before the migration does not work. You get an immediate bounce from exchange Now...

Unable to connect 0x8000ccc0e
OK here is my situation. I was using outlook express am my mail client everything was fine. Then I setup up outlook to use as my mail client and immediatly got the above message. Made sure I set it up right and just couldn't get ti to work. So I then decided to check mail in express, I got the same message as I did with outlook. Now this is where it gets weird. My internet connection is 2 way satalite, the modem is conected directly to my computer and I have 2 other computers networked and sharing the connection. So I set up my email on express on one of the other computers and i...

OE will not save connectivity passwords
Like Randy, I am experiencing the same problem. Even though the memorize password box is checked (for both incoming and outgoing email) I must manually put in the password each time I log in. I must do this in the Outgoing Mail window as well or I cannot send mail. This is a VERY annoying problem. Any help or advise available?? In news:0c2f01c346eb$f7a96ac0$a501280a@phx.gbl, Tammy <Tammy@kwmbuilders.com> typed: > Like Randy, I am experiencing the same problem. Even > though the memorize password box is checked (for both > incoming and outgoing email) I must manually put ...

Download XML: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
Hi We are trying to download an XML document from the internet and are getting the error: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. We are not behind a proxy server and have no desktop firewall / antivirus blocking the connection. When i add a web reference to my project i get the error: The document at the url http://newsapi.bbc.co.uk/feeds/search/news+sport/tennis OR henman was not recognized as a known document type. The error message from each known type may help you fix the problem: - Report from 'WSDL Document' is 'There is an err...

Connection Filtering Response
I'm using connection Filtering on my Exchange 20003 server. we have had a company we work for get email kicked back due to them being on a blacklist. the message they received from our server did not specify that they were being blocked by a blacklisted service( I found out by testing using Zoneedit.com). is there a way to customize this message that goes back to the sender if they are being blocked? thanks Rick On 12 Jan 2007 11:41:24 -0800, "Rick" <drummer10980@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm using connection Filtering on my Exchange 20003 server. we have >had a co...

SBS Exchange can't "talk" to Server 2003 Exchange
I am having a problem getting two Exchange Servers to "talk" to eac other. They are on completely separate networks. They can only se each other over the Internet. One has Exchange 2003 running on a Server 2003 Enterprise machine. will call this "OLD". The other has the Exchange that is part of SB Server 2003. I will call this "NEW". OLD has always been able to send and receive all internal and externa email. I set up NEW and it is able to send and receive email internally an externally to everything EXCEPT it can't send to OLD. OLD can send to NEW,...

Exchange 2003 MAPI/RPC thru HTTPS
What tcp/udp ports (besides 443) are needed to use the "rpc tunneled through https" method of accessing exchange in Exchange 2003? Thanks, Brian You should only need 443 open - that's the beauty of it. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=833401 should help explain this further. Missy "Brian T" <pangean@optonline.net> wrote in message news:4bxRb.18876$w41.9338182@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > What tcp/udp ports (besides 443) are needed to use the "rpc tunneled through > https" method of accessing exchange in Exchange 2003? > > Thanks, > B...

Exchange Server 2000 Relaying
Can anyone explain how Relaying works for Exchange Server 2000? In addition to my last question we are having relay problems. The following are 2 examples of the messages we are receiving: This is the first message: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. Server Response: '550 5.7.1 <mjohnson@judsoncollege.edu>... Relayingdenied. IP name lookup failed [172.209.249.94]', (Account: 'postoffice.judsoncollege.edu', SMTP Server: 'postoffice.judsoncollege.edu', Error Number: 0x800ccc79). The second message I have seen ...

Question: sharing exchange calendars
Sharing exchange calendars outside of the local domain Is it possible (and if so how) to share calendars in exchange from one local.domain to another remote domain? I have a domain abc.local and I would like to share calendars with people in a domain from another company called xyz.local. I was thinking that they had to be part of the same organization somehow but what if that isn't possible. Is there a way to do this? Can someone email me or reply to this post as i need help with this ASAP. My Email: backup (at) yahoo (dot) com. Thank you. My first thougt is Public Fo...

Sales for Outlook
After installing sales for outlook the SQL server service manager icon shows by the clock but shows not connected. Should I connect to the sever SQL or just leave it as is. thanks, antony It really doesn't matter. I too have noticed some clients have this issue too. But it really won't effect your synchronizing. But if its bugging you run this from start >> run: svrnetcn and move tcp/ip to enabled protocols, that should do the trick....... -Gary "Antony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19d1d01c44d78$c7396c20$a101280a@phx.gbl... ...

Exchange 2007 and AD
Couple of questions regarding installing Beta 2 Exchange 2007 #1 can i isntall Exhcange 2007 in my production AD 2003 domain without causing negative effects in AD? #2 Does AD need to be running in particualr fucntion level in order to install Exhchagne 2007 or benefit from all the features? Thanks On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:54:01 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Couple of questions regarding installing Beta 2 Exchange 2007 > >#1 can i isntall Exhcange 2007 in my production AD 2003 domain without >causing negative effects in AD? DO NOT install into ...

Remote Desktop Connection
Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) is not listed in program/accessories. I attempt to download RDC and I get a window stating "RDC can not be installed because your operating system has a built in version. See All Programs\Accessories\Communications\Remote Desktop Connections on lyour Start Menu" Any suggestions JDA wrote: > Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) is not listed in > program/accessories. I attempt to download RDC and I get a window > stating "RDC can not be installed because your operating system has > a built in version. See All > Program...

Reasons to Upgrade to Exchange 2007?
Are folks moving from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007? I have heard very little about 2007 and the reasons to move to the new version. Any thoughts on making the move? Are there must read articles on why this move need to be made? Thanks -- NC Beach Bum First thing to read is the MS statements on hardware and software requirements. Exchange 2007 *REQUIRES* a 64 bit OS and 64 bit hardware to run. Basically, this means no upgrade path from existing versions. You are stuck with new hardware and moving mailboxes, etc.. Regards, Hank Arnold NC Beach Bum wrote: > Are folks movin...

The connection was dropped by the remote host #4
For some reason I can't send email to yahoo.com. I can't send email to all other domains. In the Exchange Queues the email continue to retry. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue. What could the problem be since it is limited to one domain. Does yahoo have its own SPAM block list? Very possible your IP is being blocked. Do you have a Reverse DNS Pointer record for your IP? Check at www.dnsstuff.com. Also check to insure you are not blacklisted for any reason. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Programmer&...

Exchange stops responding to certain subnets
Exchange 2003 SP1 on Win2003 Server SP1. I have a WAN with one main site and 3 remote sites. Main is 192.168.10.0, and the other sites are .20.0, .30.0, and .40.0. The Exchange server is at the main site. Once every 5 or 6 days, the Exchange server stops responding to the remote sites. I'm able to access it via Outlook and OWA from 10.0, but not from the other sites. I am, however, able to ping the server from the other sites, and able to access other resources on the 10.0 network. That seems to rule out connectivity. It appears that Exchange is locking out access to the rem...

Exchange and SQL
Hi Everyone, I am wondering if it is a good idea to have Exchange 2000 server and SQL 2000 server on the same machine? Also, should I keep that Windows 2000 server machine a member server or promote to a DC? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Vu I think ideally the best bet is to keep the box as a member server and just use it for exchange. Unless of course you're running SBS in which case you get all 3 on the same machine :) "Nu2Exchange" <Nu2Exchange@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ED0E610-967C-4093-A88B-5FA4971DAEA6@micro...

Recovering from duplicate ServicePrinipalName problem on Small Business Server 2003
I started this thread in the SBS 2003 managed newsgroup and after trying there, I've been transfered to the CRM experts. :) I installed CRM 1.2 on a SBS 2003 server. The CRM install was from a CD created from a ISO download from MSDN Subscriber downloads. After the install I was getting a lot of Event ID: 11 - DS_SERVICE_PRINCIPAL_NAME errors stating that I had duplicated ServicePrincipalNames. Based on recommendations in the SBS 2003 newsgroup, they guided me to finding the duplicate (which was the CRM Service account) and removing the ServicePrinicpalName value. That fixed the erro...

Prrofile not connecting to exchange server
Windows 2000 on computer. We just cloned a small drive to a large drive. In the process I must have shut off or deleted something. The profile can accessed on the server from any other computer except the one that we cloned the drive. Error reads Can Not Open Information Store. All suggestions are welcome. We need to do this with out calling in anyone else. Thank You How is general network connectivity? Are you able to ping the Exchange server? Browse the network? Did you try recreating the Profile? The network is good. We are getting on the internet, receiving internet email t...

EXCHANGE 2003 and VISA Ultimate
I am having an issue running Exchange connected to a VISTA machine and wondering if anyone can guide me on this. I have three servers in my network, one running the server files and SQL, one running Exchange and one running backups. All are 2003 Enterprise. My desktop is running VISTA Ultimate, and to date have had no issues that could to be handled. Today, however, while I am still receiving email I cannot send anything through OUTLOOK 2007 with getting a message saying that I am not authorized to send mail. This has been working fine to date, so a little confused as to what is happen...

Exporting Exchange Data from Outlook
Hello I am a newbie, so maybe this is a dum question. I wish to export Outlook data from Exchange Server so that I can then import it into my new Win2003 Server/Exchange. I am simply moving from one organisation to another. What is the best method? Thanks in advance. Prakash prakash@logicalmicro.com Prak wrote: > Hello > I am a newbie, so maybe this is a dum question. > I wish to export Outlook data from Exchange Server > so that I can then import it into my new Win2003 Server/Exchange. > I am simply moving from one organisation to another. > What is the best method? > T...