Proper procedure when inactivating a user

I have inactived the user using the sbs console however
the user still shows up in my global address list.  How
do I remove them?

thanks
0
anonymous (74717)

Not sure what version you have, but in 5.5, you open the properties of the
account and on the advanced page select to "hide" the name from the GAL.
This does nothing to any distribution lists. The userid will continue to
receive e-mails, so you need to remove them from and distribution
lists............

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"Melanie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have inactived the user using the sbs console however
> the user still shows up in my global address list.  How
> do I remove them?
>
> thanks

0
rasilon1 (689)

How to upgrade from single to multiple users for Office '08
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, there! My husband and I bought a single-user MS Office for Mac some time ago. But it's not working, as every time I'm in one of the programs he can't open it. Is it possible to upgrade our existing version to a multi-user version? Or do we need to buy an entirely new package? Help! Please include links on where to go if you have the answer. Thanks! - Alison Hi Alison; As you've found the single-user license entitles one user to install on one 'fixed' & one 'portable' system. ...

user defined message
I want to send a user defined message from a dll to the main MFC application. Is it possible? Regards Rami On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 17:17:00 +0200, "Rami" <rami@intern.net> wrote: >I want to send a user defined message from a dll to the main MFC >application. Is it possible? Of course it's possible. The CWinApp object can process WM_COMMAND messages, but Send/PostMessage can only target windows, so you'd have to call OnCommand or some such function to send it to CWinApp. But this is usually not what's meant by "user-defined message". To send a mes...

User unknown
I made a new user on the exchange server, but if i want to make the account in outlook, Outlook says: "the name could not be matched to a name in the adresslist" I don't know what to do anymore. All the rights are the same as my collegea. can somebody help me? Go back to AD where you created the account, preferably on the Exchange Server. Is there an email address listed? If there isn't then right click on the Recipient Update Service in ESM and click update now. Advise what happens then... >-----Original Message----- >I made a new user on the exchange server, b...

Wincows XP runs old version of my Application for one user
Hello! This maybe a bit off topic but since it's here all the gurus are... I have an MFC 7.1 Application that I have installed as Administrator for all users. I then have used this application as a limited user (Operator) for about a week. I have then made some changes to the application, compiled and linked and then copied using Explorer the myapp.exe file to a diskette and then from the diskette to the XP computer. I copied the exe file over the old version of the exe file. I did this when I was logged in as Administrator. I then rebooted and logged in as Operator and started myapp....

1000 NDRs a day for the same user
Hi, There is some spammer out there sending from one of our e-mail address and the user is receiving about 1000 NDRs a day. It happens only for this specific user, it happens to be the CEO :-( Is there a way to stop all these NDRs coming in his inbox ? We use Exchange 2003 with SP2. Pierrot On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:32:53 -0500, "Pierrot Robert" <mcthepro@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >There is some spammer out there sending from one of our e-mail address and >the user is receiving about 1000 NDRs a day. It happens only for this >specific user, it h...

Hiding a userform properly!
Please take a look at the code below which my workbook is using: '-------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Workbook_Open() Userform1.Show End Sub '------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() MsgBox "Initialize stuff here" Userform1.Hide MsgBox "Okay, form1 is hidden now!" Userform1.Show End Sub '-------------------------------------------------------- So....obviously this code will not work. I'm guessing that the second call to "Userform1.Show...

Add new field that is User Lookup
I have had many clients that need to attach multiple users to a single account. What I mean is there is an Owner for every account . That can be used as the "Account Manager" But what if you also need to track a loan processor to the account... Not possible. Suggestion: Allow a new filed type that is simply the CRM user list. It would also be great to be able to access these users via workflow (Send alert to loan processor). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion...

Last User Name
Is it possible to remove last user name from GP Login Screen and make it blank? Thanks! Hi Create_Share Open the DEX.INI file (Located in the GP install folder) and remove the line: SQLLastUser= This will remove the name going forward and leave the field blank. Fliehigh "create_share" wrote: > Is it possible to remove last user name from GP Login Screen and make it > blank? > > Thanks! > It will just add the line again the next time the software is closed. You can take that line out and make the file read only, but that can mess on some other procedur...

Procedures working from Management Studio but not from Access 2003
Dear colleagues, currently I face the following problem. My client application is programmed in MS Access 2003 and my DB resides on MS SQL Server 2005. In my DB, I have programmed a stored procedure which runs about 8 minutes. This sp is called from the client application via pass- through query. This mechanism worked perfectly about 1 year but suddenly ("overnight") the problem occured. When the sp is called from Management Studio it works perfectly but when it is called from Access it throws the error 3146: "ODBC - call failed" after 62-70 seconds from the initiation. Un...

Creating User Account & Mailbox for thousand of users #2
Hi All My company is running Microsoft Exchange 2003 enterprise. I can create user account and mailbox using manually method. How can I create user account + mailbox for 500 users using script or import file? Please help me. Thank you Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/ad/users/manage/default.mspx Nue "Muhamad Taufik Khasim" <Taufik@uniten.edu.my> wrote in message news:OU$N%23NCZGHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi All > > > My company is running Microsoft Exchange 2003 enterprise. I can create > user > accou...

PROPER
I need to change the info in a column. Right now it is all uppercase and I need for it to be like a PROPER name. I tried the PROPER function and that is not working. I need to do the complete column. I am a novice at excel. Please help If the data is in A1, =PROPER(A1) and copy down, Regards, "Annie B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3b8e01c4a4be$c8587b80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I need to change the info in a column. Right now it is > all uppercase and I need for it to be like a PROPER name. > I tried the PROPER function and that is...

Outlook 2002 attachment problems to non-Outlook users
When sending Word files (.doc) as attachments in Outlook 2002 to users who don't have Outlook the attachment shows up as a winmail.dat file. Any suggestions, anyone? Send it using plain test formatting. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outl...

Images with transparent areas don't print properly.
I have a project to make an A4 poster with Images and text. 2 of the images have transparent backgrounds created in an imaging package (Paint Shop Pro) as .PNG files. When I insert these images into the Project they display fine but don't print properly - only a vague outline of the darker parts print. However on Print Preview the document looks perfect. The other non-transparent area images on the page print fine. I am using Publisher 2003 on Windows XP Pro printing to a networked OKI C5200N Colour laser printer on A4 size. What could be wrong here? I would suspect the printe...

is it possible to Hide certain worksheets from certain users?
is it possible to Hide certain worksheets from certain users? if Yes which version of Excel offers this option? there is no built-in facility, you would have to build it all (and it is no simple). -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Admin" <Admin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E10B3C1B-9E53-4927-BE3B-BE5C1AFFA223@microsoft.com... > is it possible to Hide certain worksheets from certain users? > > if Yes which version of Excel offers this option? > It requires using macros, which may or may not work for y...

Passing CPtrList through a procedure
Hi, I am new to visual C++. I am trying to use CPtrList in a variable. I declare the variable in the header file as a global variable. The header file looks like this: class CTMmine { public: CTMmine(); virtual ~CTMmine(); void Execute(double minSupportRatio); int grow(multiset<Item,Ascending> *items, int supp, int *itemset, int level, int *comb, int cl); int grow2(multiset<Item2,Ascending2> *items, int supp, int *itemset, int level, int *comb, int cl); void setData(char *file, int type){data = new Data(file,type);} void setOutput(char *of){out = fopen(of, "wt"...

Data file did not close properly #2
I have read all kinds of solutions to this error. Has any thing difinitive been offered that solves the problem. Appreciated Jerry There isnt a difinative solution as the problem can be caused by a number of differing things "Jerry" <jerry@home.home> wrote in message news:eRfw6Cs1IHA.5300@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have read all kinds of solutions to this error. Has any thing difinitive >been offered that solves the problem. Appreciated > > Jerry > "Jerry" <jerry@home.home> wrote in message news:eRfw6Cs1IHA.5300@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

Converting a Sub Procedure to A Function
Hi everyone. I have a very simple query (I think). I have a form with text boxes for the opening and closing times of a shop for each day of the week. I am trying to speed up data entry, and as quite a number of the shops we are dealing with are open 24 hours I thought that I would try to automate some of the process. To do this I added a check box to the form (next to each day) where the OnClick event of the check box sets the corresponding days opening time to a value of "00:01" and the closing time to "23:59" (this is how we represent 24 hour opening where I work). ...

Number Format Problem Prevents Proper Sorting #2
I copied the values into a new column and pasted them "special" and it worked. Thanks for your assistance. Vic -- 65Stang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 65Stang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15008 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=275679 Thanks for the feedback. Glad to help. Mike "65Stang" wrote: > > I copied the values into a new column and pasted them "special" and it > worked. > > Thanks for your assistance. &g...

User not in Global Address Books
Just created a new user and they do not show up in the Global Address Book with the rest of the users. How do I get this to add them to the Global Address Book? Did you create a mailbox for the user? And how long did you wait before looking in the address book? What version of Exchange? David Francis wrote: > Just created a new user and they do not show up in the Global Address > Book with the rest of the users. How do I get this to add them to > the Global Address Book? Is this Exchange 5.5 ? How many servers sites do you have? IF so, Have you waited for directory sync to c...

PROPER function
Hi all - Stupid me, maybe, but I can't get this function to work. The help file says: "PROPER (text) Text is text enclosed in quotation marks, a formula that returns text, or a reference to a cell containing the text you want to partially capitalize." So the text I want to convert is in cell, say, I370. In helper cell J130 I enter =PROPER(I370) But all I get in cell J130 after hitting enter is =PROPER(I370). In other words, it doesn't seem to be acting as a formula --- it is just appearing literally. This is an inherited spreadsheet, so it's possible something ...

How to prevent user from updating fields in the task
Looking for a way to lock (prevent user from updating) certain fields in the task after it has been assigned to another person. ...

Invite other Users with Webclient
Hi Is it possible to invite other users with the webclient. We would like to invite some non crm users for an appointment for example. Thank's Michel This functionality (as it is Exchnage functionality) is only available when you use the Outlook Client. Kind regards, -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "Michel" <michel_mueller@bluewin.ch> wrote in message news:ekq%23X95cGHA.4576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is it possible to invite other users with the webclient. We would like to > invite some n...

=PROPER
Using Excel 2003. Have downloaded info and it was downloaded in all caps. Have tried to use the =PROPER formulat but it doesn't work. If I go to a separate cell in the spreadsheet referencing a specific cell it works. How can I change in one worksheet all caps to PROPER ? How are you using =PROPER? It's designed purpose is to be used in a different cell --- for example your information is in Cell C5 then in D5 you may put =PROPER(C5). Then in D5, you would have the information from C5 with PROPER capitalization "Snowcap" <Snowcap@discussions.microsoft.com...

The data file was not closed down properly
I am running Office 2007 and recently upgraded to Windows 7. Ever since I have upgraded (I think) I am getting the error 'The data file was not closed properly. Checking for problems'. This eventually resolves itself. I know that I have closed it down correctly. Any suggestions? I have checked the Add-Ins, and the only ones that are left weem to be official MS ones Are you syncing with a smartphone or ipod? Using any software that accesses outlook data, like desktop gadgets? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outloo...

Stoping users from saving tables to their local machines...
My question relates to server residing tables being saved locally. While a write protected table cannot be altered on the server by a user (Without write rights) I am wondering if there is a way (Perhaps through Excel macros?) to stop a user from being able to save a given table to his local machine. Thanking all in adv. for your time, and I look forward to your replie(s). hi. your info is a little sketchy. because you posted in excel, i'm assuming that your tables are in an excel file. i don't know how may users you have but you might try something like this..... Private Sub W...