Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

We recently installed Hotfix KB31464 and Service Pack 1 for our Exchange
Server 2003.  However, after that, we're having problems with our Outlook Web
Access system.  From IE, the page says it  is 'loading' but it never does
anything else.  Clicking upon the different links (contacts, calendar, etc)
does nothing.  If you open the page in Firefox, it links to the right folders
(contacts, calendar) and opens them up (like emails, events, contacts), but
the images aren't showing up (showing up as broken links).  Is anyone else
having this problem or know how to rememdy this?

I took some screen shotst and they're up at :
http://www.geocities.com/jmiyagi/

Thanks,
John
0
JohnM (106)

"John M." <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We recently installed Hotfix KB31464 and Service Pack 1 for our Exchange
> Server 2003.  However, after that, we're having problems with our Outlook
Web
> Access system.  From IE, the page says it  is 'loading' but it never does
> anything else.  Clicking upon the different links (contacts, calendar,
etc)
> does nothing.  If you open the page in Firefox, it links to the right
folders
> (contacts, calendar) and opens them up (like emails, events, contacts),
but
> the images aren't showing up (showing up as broken links).  Is anyone else
> having this problem or know how to rememdy this?
>
> I took some screen shotst and they're up at :
> http://www.geocities.com/jmiyagi/
>
> Thanks,
> John

Hi John,

this morning I did exactly the same. I installed the hotfix and SP1 and
after that I had the same problem. Did you already solved it?

Kind regards

Roelof Lassche

0
roelof100 (5)
3/3/2005 10:57:54 AM
do you have exchange front end server?
"Roelof" <roelof100@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "John M." <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> We recently installed Hotfix KB31464 and Service Pack 1 for our Exchange
>> Server 2003.  However, after that, we're having problems with our Outlook
> Web
>> Access system.  From IE, the page says it  is 'loading' but it never does
>> anything else.  Clicking upon the different links (contacts, calendar,
> etc)
>> does nothing.  If you open the page in Firefox, it links to the right
> folders
>> (contacts, calendar) and opens them up (like emails, events, contacts),
> but
>> the images aren't showing up (showing up as broken links).  Is anyone
>> else
>> having this problem or know how to rememdy this?
>>
>> I took some screen shotst and they're up at :
>> http://www.geocities.com/jmiyagi/
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John
>
> Hi John,
>
> this morning I did exactly the same. I installed the hotfix and SP1 and
> after that I had the same problem. Did you already solved it?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Roelof Lassche

0
mitch3952 (134)
3/4/2005 7:49:24 PM
Mitch,

Thanks for your response, its not a front end server but the problem
has been solved.

See: http://support.microsoft.com/?ID=280823

"mitch" <mitch@newsgroups.stuff> wrote in message news:<#FKmAPPIFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> do you have exchange front end server?
> "Roelof" <roelof100@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "John M." <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> We recently installed Hotfix KB31464 and Service Pack 1 for our Exchange
> >> Server 2003.  However, after that, we're having problems with our Outlook
> > Web
> >> Access system.  From IE, the page says it  is 'loading' but it never does
> >> anything else.  Clicking upon the different links (contacts, calendar,
> > etc)
> >> does nothing.  If you open the page in Firefox, it links to the right
> > folders
> >> (contacts, calendar) and opens them up (like emails, events, contacts),
> > but
> >> the images aren't showing up (showing up as broken links).  Is anyone
> >> else
> >> having this problem or know how to rememdy this?
> >>
> >> I took some screen shotst and they're up at :
> >> http://www.geocities.com/jmiyagi/
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> John
> >
> > Hi John,
> >
> > this morning I did exactly the same. I installed the hotfix and SP1 and
> > after that I had the same problem. Did you already solved it?
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > Roelof Lassche

0
roelof100 (5)
3/11/2005 7:25:34 AM
Hello guys,
I used the article 280823 but no success. Any other ideas? The last time I
had a problem like this on another exchange 2003 I ended up reinstalling
exchange.
Thank you for your help

"Roelof" wrote:

> Mitch,
>
> Thanks for your response, its not a front end server but the problem
> has been solved.
>
> See: http://support.microsoft.com/?ID=280823
>
> "mitch" <mitch@newsgroups.stuff> wrote in message news:<#FKmAPPIFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> > do you have exchange front end server?
> > "Roelof" <roelof100@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "John M." <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Web
> > > etc)
> > > folders
> > > but

> > > Hi John,
> > >
> > > this morning I did exactly the same. I installed the hotfix and SP1 and
> > > after that I had the same problem. Did you already solved it?
> > >
> > > Kind regards
> > >
> > > Roelof Lassche

0
Ervin (8)
3/17/2005 3:51:03 PM
"=?Utf-8?B?RXJ2aW4=?=" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<D1631E05-1CB7-4797-B5A4-39390D4DAABE@microsoft.com>...
> Hello guys,
> I used the article 280823 but no success. Any other ideas? The last time I
> had a problem like this on another exchange 2003 I ended up reinstalling
> exchange.
> Thank you for your help
>
> "Roelof" wrote:
>
> > Mitch,
> >
> > Thanks for your response, its not a front end server but the problem
> > has been solved.
> >
> > See: http://support.microsoft.com/?ID=280823
> >
> > "mitch" <mitch@newsgroups.stuff> wrote in message news:<#FKmAPPIFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> > > do you have exchange front end server?
> > > "Roelof" <roelof100@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Did you change your IUSR_account password or User Rights?
0
roelof100 (5)
3/21/2005 2:48:01 PM
The password was set already as the document described so I did not changed
them.

"Roelof" wrote:

> "=?Utf-8?B?RXJ2aW4=?=" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<D1631E05-1CB7-4797-B5A4-39390D4DAABE@microsoft.com>...
> > Hello guys,
> > I used the article 280823 but no success. Any other ideas? The last time I
> > had a problem like this on another exchange 2003 I ended up reinstalling
> > exchange.
> > Thank you for your help
> >
> > "Roelof" wrote:
> >
> > > Mitch,
> > >
> > > Thanks for your response, its not a front end server but the problem
> > > has been solved.
> > >
> > > See: http://support.microsoft.com/?ID=280823

> Did you change your IUSR_account password or User Rights?

0
Ervin (8)
3/21/2005 4:43:02 PM
i'm having the same problem
if i use forms based auth i get a 404 login timeout the moment i try to =
open owa, if i use standard auth, i get that totally broken owa site =
that you describe, also with SP1

any ideas?

"Ervin" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> The password was set already as the document described so I did not =
changed=20
> them.
>=20
> "Roelof" wrote:
>=20
> > "=3D?Utf-8?B?RXJ2aW4=3D?=3D" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote =
in message news:<D1631E05-1CB7-4797-B5A4-39390D4DAABE@microsoft.com>...
> > > Hello guys,
> > > I used the article 280823 but no success. Any other ideas? The =
last time I=20
> > > had a problem like this on another exchange 2003 I ended up =
reinstalling=20
> > > exchange.
> > > Thank you for your help
> > >=20
> > > "Roelof" wrote:
> > >=20

Is anyone=20

> >=20
> > Did you change your IUSR_account password or User Rights?

0
glovato (54)
3/22/2005 12:24:56 PM
Try the document mentioned on one of the links above. It did not do anything
for me in the end I uninstalled exchange and reinstalled it and than applied
SP1 after it and that did the trick. I have seen it another time and the
reinstall fixed also.

"Guillermo Lovato" wrote:

> i'm having the same problem
> if i use forms based auth i get a 404 login timeout the moment i try to open owa, if i use standard auth, i get that totally broken owa site that you describe, also with SP1
>
> any ideas?
>
> "Ervin" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DBF00FC-A484-4C4E-B149-C18CA6C9C139@microsoft.com...
> > The password was set already as the document described so I did not changed
> > them.

> > > Did you change your IUSR_account password or User Rights?

0
Ervin (8)
3/22/2005 1:09:05 PM
tried that document, did nothing
so i'll have to reinstall exchange... urgh...
will it take the old store just like that upon reinstalling or do i need =
to do a disaster recovery yet again...
wrote in message =

0
glovato (54)
3/22/2005 3:45:23 PM
After taking the exchange out of everything:
1. Free/bussy replication
2. Public folder replication
3. Org. forms replic. etc
4. Move all the mailbxoes to another exchange and then do the uninstall
5. I deleted the folder C:\Program files\exchsvr also before installing the
new one

"Guillermo Lovato" wrote:

> tried that document, did nothing
> so i'll have to reinstall exchange... urgh...
> will it take the old store just like that upon reinstalling or do i need to do a disaster recovery yet again...
> "Ervin" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E57AE7B-ABA8-406C-B2DA-0CF3C901B8E7@microsoft.com...
> > Try the document mentioned on one of the links above. It did not do anything
> > for me in the end I uninstalled exchange and reinstalled it and than applied
> > SP1 after it and that did the trick. I have seen it another time and the
> > reinstall fixed also.
> >
> > "Guillermo Lovato" wrote:
> >
> > > i'm having the same problem
> > > if i use forms based auth i get a 404 login timeout the moment i try to open owa, if i use standard auth, i get that totally broken owa site that you describe, also with SP1
> > >
> > > any ideas?

0
Ervin (8)
3/22/2005 5:37:02 PM
i don't have another exchange, nor i don't think i have the HD space in =
any other HD for that IS.....
well i'll see what i can do...

> After taking the exchange out of everything:
> 1. Free/bussy replication
> 2. Public folder replication
> 3. Org. forms replic. etc=20
> 4. Move all the mailbxoes to another exchange and then do the =
uninstall
> 5. I deleted the folder C:\Program files\exchsvr also before =
installing the=20
> new one
>=20
> "Guillermo Lovato" wrote:
>=20
> > tried that document, did nothing
> > so i'll have to reinstall exchange... urgh...
> > will it take the old store just like that upon reinstalling or do i =
need to do a disaster recovery yet again...
> > "Ervin" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> > > Try the document mentioned on one of the links above. It did not =
do anything=20
> > > for me in the end I uninstalled exchange and reinstalled it and =
than applied=20
> > > SP1 after it and that did the trick. I have seen it another time =
and the=20
> > > reinstall fixed also.
> > >=20
> > > "Guillermo Lovato" wrote:
> > >=20
try to open owa, if i use standard auth, i get that totally broken owa =
site that you describe, also with SP1
<Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
The last time I=20

Pack 1 for our Exchange

0
glovato (54)
3/23/2005 12:34:26 PM
well, i've installed another exchange, wanted to see if it's owa works, =
but it redirects me to the first server, this is wrong, each server must =
have it's owa, why does it do this?.

what's the correct move procedure?

"Ervin" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> After taking the exchange out of everything:
> 1. Free/bussy replication
> 2. Public folder replication
> 3. Org. forms replic. etc=20
> 4. Move all the mailbxoes to another exchange and then do the =
uninstall
> 5. I deleted the folder C:\Program files\exchsvr also before =
installing the=20
> new one
>=20
> "Guillermo Lovato" wrote:
>=20
> > tried that document, did nothing
> > so i'll have to reinstall exchange... urgh...
> > will it take the old store just like that upon reinstalling or do i =
need to do a disaster recovery yet again...
> > "Ervin" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> > > Try the document mentioned on one of the links above. It did not =
do anything=20
> > > for me in the end I uninstalled exchange and reinstalled it and =
than applied=20
> > > SP1 after it and that did the trick. I have seen it another time =
and the=20
> > > reinstall fixed also.
> > >=20
> > > "Guillermo Lovato" wrote:
> > >=20
try to open owa, if i use standard auth, i get that totally broken owa =
site that you describe, also with SP1
<Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
The last time I=20

Pack 1 for our Exchange

0
glovato (54)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Embedded activex control and auto install
Hi, I've written an activex control which is to be used in any Office application. The user can modify and save/load the document hosting the control just fine. But how about if a user inserts my activex control in his document, and then emails the document to another user who doesn't have my activex control installed? What happens is that the office application pops up an alert saying that the control cannot be activated since it is not installed on the computer. What I would like is that the control autoinstalls (after a confirm) and the user doesn't have to do it manuall...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Adding a second server to OWA
Im runnning an exchange 2003 enviroment. I recently added a second exchange server to the domain to house email for another division. The share the same smtp domain as use. When I try to access OWA (which is point at server 1) and I login with an acount who's mailstore is on a the second server, I get a generic "Page cannot be displayed". Is there something I need to do to make OWA aware of the second server, or do I need to add a third server who would become a FE server. Thanks That is one of the benefits on a FE server, a single namespace. I would recommend that a...

Directory Replication Problem #2

XBox 360 controller not installing
I just got an XBox 360 controller for the PC ("XBox 360 Wireless Controller via Play & Charge Kit") and the driver from http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/DownloadResult.aspx?category=Gaming&type=Gaming&name=JR9-00001&os=XP_SP2&lang=en but it's still not showing in the Game Controllers control panel, nor being recognized by my games. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers with no luck. I press the "X" button and the ring flashes green: Three fast, then 12 slow. Ports are OK, no other USB devices connected. Any...

Outlook won't open after reinstalling it after installing Windows
My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office 2007. Outlook will not open. Any suggestions? Margye Hixson Suggest providing information. Include what you did, what happened and any and all error messages. Be detailed as if we weren't there and don't know what happened. -- Russ Valentine "Margye" <Margye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F85CAAC-2042-4CAB-A329-EF6B3A682189@microsoft.com... > My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office > 2007. > Outlook will not open....

Resource editor problems

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

Can NOT install on new Win 7 machine
This is a new one for me. But for 2 days I have been trying to get Windows Live Mail to install on a new Win 7 computer. I just keep getting weird error messages. I have installed this programs many times on many computers, and never had this happen before...I get errors like these: hr:0x80040005 another time I got hr:0x80070003 . I get something similar every time. I have tried using the Microsoft Installer Uninstall cleanup Utility I have turned OFF the firewall when installing I have tried selecting only the mail or other things...it doesn't seem to matter... HELP!!! T ...

EX2003 SP2 Install failed
Hello, I am trying to install SP2 on a OWA server running Exch 2003 and SP1. When I get to the Component Selection screeen I get a pop-up stating: Multiple components cannot be assigned the requested action(s) because: - You cannot install this product on a computer running Windows Professional. SRVinfo displays: Server Name: OWAmail2 Security: Users Registered Owner: ELN Registered Organization: HOME Corp ProductID: 69712-XXX-6517171-XXXXX Original Install Date: Sat Aug 14 11:04:36 2004 Base Source Path: D:\I386 Service Pack Source Path: D:\ Version: 5.2 Build: 3790.srv03_gdr.05022...