Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

We recently installed Hotfix KB31464 and Service Pack 1 for our Exchange
Server 2003.  However, after that, we're having problems with our Outlook Web
Access system.  From IE, the page says it  is 'loading' but it never does
anything else.  Clicking upon the different links (contacts, calendar, etc)
does nothing.  If you open the page in Firefox, it links to the right folders
(contacts, calendar) and opens them up (like emails, events, contacts), but
the images aren't showing up (showing up as broken links).  Is anyone else
having this problem or know how to rememdy this?

I took some screen shotst and they're up at :
http://www.geocities.com/jmiyagi/

Thanks,
John
0
JohnM (106)

"John M." <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We recently installed Hotfix KB31464 and Service Pack 1 for our Exchange
> Server 2003.  However, after that, we're having problems with our Outlook
Web
> Access system.  From IE, the page says it  is 'loading' but it never does
> anything else.  Clicking upon the different links (contacts, calendar,
etc)
> does nothing.  If you open the page in Firefox, it links to the right
folders
> (contacts, calendar) and opens them up (like emails, events, contacts),
but
> the images aren't showing up (showing up as broken links).  Is anyone else
> having this problem or know how to rememdy this?
>
> I took some screen shotst and they're up at :
> http://www.geocities.com/jmiyagi/
>
> Thanks,
> John

Hi John,

this morning I did exactly the same. I installed the hotfix and SP1 and
after that I had the same problem. Did you already solved it?

Kind regards

Roelof Lassche

0
roelof100 (5)
3/3/2005 10:57:54 AM
do you have exchange front end server?
"Roelof" <roelof100@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "John M." <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> We recently installed Hotfix KB31464 and Service Pack 1 for our Exchange
>> Server 2003.  However, after that, we're having problems with our Outlook
> Web
>> Access system.  From IE, the page says it  is 'loading' but it never does
>> anything else.  Clicking upon the different links (contacts, calendar,
> etc)
>> does nothing.  If you open the page in Firefox, it links to the right
> folders
>> (contacts, calendar) and opens them up (like emails, events, contacts),
> but
>> the images aren't showing up (showing up as broken links).  Is anyone
>> else
>> having this problem or know how to rememdy this?
>>
>> I took some screen shotst and they're up at :
>> http://www.geocities.com/jmiyagi/
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John
>
> Hi John,
>
> this morning I did exactly the same. I installed the hotfix and SP1 and
> after that I had the same problem. Did you already solved it?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Roelof Lassche

0
mitch3952 (134)
3/4/2005 7:49:24 PM
Mitch,

Thanks for your response, its not a front end server but the problem
has been solved.

See: http://support.microsoft.com/?ID=280823

"mitch" <mitch@newsgroups.stuff> wrote in message news:<#FKmAPPIFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> do you have exchange front end server?
> "Roelof" <roelof100@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "John M." <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> We recently installed Hotfix KB31464 and Service Pack 1 for our Exchange
> >> Server 2003.  However, after that, we're having problems with our Outlook
> > Web
> >> Access system.  From IE, the page says it  is 'loading' but it never does
> >> anything else.  Clicking upon the different links (contacts, calendar,
> > etc)
> >> does nothing.  If you open the page in Firefox, it links to the right
> > folders
> >> (contacts, calendar) and opens them up (like emails, events, contacts),
> > but
> >> the images aren't showing up (showing up as broken links).  Is anyone
> >> else
> >> having this problem or know how to rememdy this?
> >>
> >> I took some screen shotst and they're up at :
> >> http://www.geocities.com/jmiyagi/
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> John
> >
> > Hi John,
> >
> > this morning I did exactly the same. I installed the hotfix and SP1 and
> > after that I had the same problem. Did you already solved it?
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > Roelof Lassche

0
roelof100 (5)
3/11/2005 7:25:34 AM
Hello guys,
I used the article 280823 but no success. Any other ideas? The last time I
had a problem like this on another exchange 2003 I ended up reinstalling
exchange.
Thank you for your help

"Roelof" wrote:

> Mitch,
>
> Thanks for your response, its not a front end server but the problem
> has been solved.
>
> See: http://support.microsoft.com/?ID=280823
>
> "mitch" <mitch@newsgroups.stuff> wrote in message news:<#FKmAPPIFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> > do you have exchange front end server?
> > "Roelof" <roelof100@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "John M." <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Web
> > > etc)
> > > folders
> > > but

> > > Hi John,
> > >
> > > this morning I did exactly the same. I installed the hotfix and SP1 and
> > > after that I had the same problem. Did you already solved it?
> > >
> > > Kind regards
> > >
> > > Roelof Lassche

0
Ervin (8)
3/17/2005 3:51:03 PM
"=?Utf-8?B?RXJ2aW4=?=" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<D1631E05-1CB7-4797-B5A4-39390D4DAABE@microsoft.com>...
> Hello guys,
> I used the article 280823 but no success. Any other ideas? The last time I
> had a problem like this on another exchange 2003 I ended up reinstalling
> exchange.
> Thank you for your help
>
> "Roelof" wrote:
>
> > Mitch,
> >
> > Thanks for your response, its not a front end server but the problem
> > has been solved.
> >
> > See: http://support.microsoft.com/?ID=280823
> >
> > "mitch" <mitch@newsgroups.stuff> wrote in message news:<#FKmAPPIFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> > > do you have exchange front end server?
> > > "Roelof" <roelof100@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Did you change your IUSR_account password or User Rights?
0
roelof100 (5)
3/21/2005 2:48:01 PM
The password was set already as the document described so I did not changed
them.

"Roelof" wrote:

> "=?Utf-8?B?RXJ2aW4=?=" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<D1631E05-1CB7-4797-B5A4-39390D4DAABE@microsoft.com>...
> > Hello guys,
> > I used the article 280823 but no success. Any other ideas? The last time I
> > had a problem like this on another exchange 2003 I ended up reinstalling
> > exchange.
> > Thank you for your help
> >
> > "Roelof" wrote:
> >
> > > Mitch,
> > >
> > > Thanks for your response, its not a front end server but the problem
> > > has been solved.
> > >
> > > See: http://support.microsoft.com/?ID=280823

> Did you change your IUSR_account password or User Rights?

0
Ervin (8)
3/21/2005 4:43:02 PM
i'm having the same problem
if i use forms based auth i get a 404 login timeout the moment i try to =
open owa, if i use standard auth, i get that totally broken owa site =
that you describe, also with SP1

any ideas?

"Ervin" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> The password was set already as the document described so I did not =
changed=20
> them.
>=20
> "Roelof" wrote:
>=20
> > "=3D?Utf-8?B?RXJ2aW4=3D?=3D" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote =
in message news:<D1631E05-1CB7-4797-B5A4-39390D4DAABE@microsoft.com>...
> > > Hello guys,
> > > I used the article 280823 but no success. Any other ideas? The =
last time I=20
> > > had a problem like this on another exchange 2003 I ended up =
reinstalling=20
> > > exchange.
> > > Thank you for your help
> > >=20
> > > "Roelof" wrote:
> > >=20

Is anyone=20

> >=20
> > Did you change your IUSR_account password or User Rights?

0
glovato (54)
3/22/2005 12:24:56 PM
Try the document mentioned on one of the links above. It did not do anything
for me in the end I uninstalled exchange and reinstalled it and than applied
SP1 after it and that did the trick. I have seen it another time and the
reinstall fixed also.

"Guillermo Lovato" wrote:

> i'm having the same problem
> if i use forms based auth i get a 404 login timeout the moment i try to open owa, if i use standard auth, i get that totally broken owa site that you describe, also with SP1
>
> any ideas?
>
> "Ervin" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DBF00FC-A484-4C4E-B149-C18CA6C9C139@microsoft.com...
> > The password was set already as the document described so I did not changed
> > them.

> > > Did you change your IUSR_account password or User Rights?

0
Ervin (8)
3/22/2005 1:09:05 PM
tried that document, did nothing
so i'll have to reinstall exchange... urgh...
will it take the old store just like that upon reinstalling or do i need =
to do a disaster recovery yet again...
wrote in message =

0
glovato (54)
3/22/2005 3:45:23 PM
After taking the exchange out of everything:
1. Free/bussy replication
2. Public folder replication
3. Org. forms replic. etc
4. Move all the mailbxoes to another exchange and then do the uninstall
5. I deleted the folder C:\Program files\exchsvr also before installing the
new one

"Guillermo Lovato" wrote:

> tried that document, did nothing
> so i'll have to reinstall exchange... urgh...
> will it take the old store just like that upon reinstalling or do i need to do a disaster recovery yet again...
> "Ervin" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E57AE7B-ABA8-406C-B2DA-0CF3C901B8E7@microsoft.com...
> > Try the document mentioned on one of the links above. It did not do anything
> > for me in the end I uninstalled exchange and reinstalled it and than applied
> > SP1 after it and that did the trick. I have seen it another time and the
> > reinstall fixed also.
> >
> > "Guillermo Lovato" wrote:
> >
> > > i'm having the same problem
> > > if i use forms based auth i get a 404 login timeout the moment i try to open owa, if i use standard auth, i get that totally broken owa site that you describe, also with SP1
> > >
> > > any ideas?

0
Ervin (8)
3/22/2005 5:37:02 PM
i don't have another exchange, nor i don't think i have the HD space in =
any other HD for that IS.....
well i'll see what i can do...

> After taking the exchange out of everything:
> 1. Free/bussy replication
> 2. Public folder replication
> 3. Org. forms replic. etc=20
> 4. Move all the mailbxoes to another exchange and then do the =
uninstall
> 5. I deleted the folder C:\Program files\exchsvr also before =
installing the=20
> new one
>=20
> "Guillermo Lovato" wrote:
>=20
> > tried that document, did nothing
> > so i'll have to reinstall exchange... urgh...
> > will it take the old store just like that upon reinstalling or do i =
need to do a disaster recovery yet again...
> > "Ervin" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> > > Try the document mentioned on one of the links above. It did not =
do anything=20
> > > for me in the end I uninstalled exchange and reinstalled it and =
than applied=20
> > > SP1 after it and that did the trick. I have seen it another time =
and the=20
> > > reinstall fixed also.
> > >=20
> > > "Guillermo Lovato" wrote:
> > >=20
try to open owa, if i use standard auth, i get that totally broken owa =
site that you describe, also with SP1
<Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
The last time I=20

Pack 1 for our Exchange

0
glovato (54)
3/23/2005 12:34:26 PM
well, i've installed another exchange, wanted to see if it's owa works, =
but it redirects me to the first server, this is wrong, each server must =
have it's owa, why does it do this?.

what's the correct move procedure?

"Ervin" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> After taking the exchange out of everything:
> 1. Free/bussy replication
> 2. Public folder replication
> 3. Org. forms replic. etc=20
> 4. Move all the mailbxoes to another exchange and then do the =
uninstall
> 5. I deleted the folder C:\Program files\exchsvr also before =
installing the=20
> new one
>=20
> "Guillermo Lovato" wrote:
>=20
> > tried that document, did nothing
> > so i'll have to reinstall exchange... urgh...
> > will it take the old store just like that upon reinstalling or do i =
need to do a disaster recovery yet again...
> > "Ervin" <Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> > > Try the document mentioned on one of the links above. It did not =
do anything=20
> > > for me in the end I uninstalled exchange and reinstalled it and =
than applied=20
> > > SP1 after it and that did the trick. I have seen it another time =
and the=20
> > > reinstall fixed also.
> > >=20
> > > "Guillermo Lovato" wrote:
> > >=20
try to open owa, if i use standard auth, i get that totally broken owa =
site that you describe, also with SP1
<Ervin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
The last time I=20

Pack 1 for our Exchange

0
glovato (54)

Exchange 2003 SP2 installation
1) There is no setup.exe after I expand the file under the setup\i386 or setup folders. There is one in the ADC folder .. the only file I see under setup\i386 is update.exe when I double click on that, it gives me an error message. Any idea's what's going on? 2) How do I determine what is the service pack level on my server? Do I start System Manager and go to Administrative groups and right click on my server and go to General Tab to see the service pack? Thank you 1. For an SP, it's update.exe. 2. Do determine the SP level, look on the properties of the server for the bui...

Outlook Message Handling Option stopped working after CRM install
After installing Microsoft CRM client, The feature in Outlook 2003 Tools-->Options-->Preferences-->Email Options-->Message Handling-->Choose 'Open the next item' in the dropdown, no longer works. The option can be selected but when a message is opened and deleted Outlook simply returns to the inbox rather then opening the next item as requested. ...

Pivot Chart problems
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B3_01C4E370.755D7D40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have two issues with pivot charts. 1) I create a pivot table and chart with VB. I want thick lines on the = chart, so I do as follows: For i =3D 1 To .SeriesCollection.Count .SeriesCollection(i).Select With Selection.Border .Weight =3D xlThick End With Next This works great. However, upon selecting a Page Field value from the =...

additional exchage in a shared address space / install question
Hello Group! I am about to run out of space on my exchange server, so I came here for an advice. I have 3 physical locations Location 1 - Headquarters (50 Users in the workgroup environment) Location 2 - Remote Site (10 Users Domain Environment with Exchange) Location 3 - Remote Site (7 Users Domain Environment) I have a Gateway to Gateway VPN tunnel between Location 2 and 3. I am in a single Active Directory 2003 forest with a single domain (mycompany.local) DC at the location 2 holds all 5 FSMO roles. Exchange 2003 Enterprise is configured on the same server. Users from 2nd location run...

Problem with the reconnection of a mailbox to a different user
Hello everybody, I have a problem with the reconnection of a mailbox, when I try to reconnect it to a different user. This is the scenario: 1) User A has a mailbox, I disconnect it. 2) Creation of User B 3) Reconnection of mailbox of user A to user B (I have tried not only with recovery center, but also directly through mailbox list section) No errors appears during theese steps, but when I try to create a new profile in outlook (I have created it only in the server, this is a test server), I see that the mailbox of user B (or the user B?) has not found! If I try to use Outlook Web Access, ...

2005 Update Retirement Account Problem
I am having the same problem as discussed in a post on 10/5. Has anyone else seen this or know of a solution? And btw, I am not running XP SP2, just a fully updated SP1 system. I tried everything I could find in the KB to no avail as well. I am getting really frustrated with how many bugs there are in 2005. I have used MS Money for years and have never had as many problems as I have with 2005. I can't believe that this product made it out to the public with as many problems as there are. Any comments would be appreciated. ...

Help needed to run macro
Argh!!! I think I may have created a macro to resolve an earlier problem, but when I try to run it I get... 'Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified. To run the macros, you can either have them signed or change your security level.' How can I get my macros to run on my machine, where they are created, without compromising security? I've found and run selfcert.exe but it hasn't made any difference. Do I need to do anything else to make this effective? I'm a novice at this so step ...

Problem sending emails from Outlook Express Ver6 NEVER MIND!
I am trying to use Outlook Express Ver6 instead of Eudora. I can't seem to send e-mails from it. When I send a test to myself I get the error: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was (MY ADDRESS) .. Subject 'TEST', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Authentication Required', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78 Can anyone suggest what is wrong? Must be something...

Problem sending e-mails with Outlook & SBC Yahoo DSL
I have been unable to fix a problem and am looking for help. I have Outlook 2000. I also have SBC Yahoo DSL. I have spent hours on the phone trying to fix this problem, reloaded my software, etc. I can recieve e-mail from the SBC Yahoo DSL server with my Outlook, but cannot send e- mails. The error message I get is 0x800ccc0f. I know this means the outgoing mail server does not recognize and log me in, but does anyone know a way to change this? SBC made sure my settings were correct, but the problem persists. They claim it is an Outlook problem, but it never happened with other ISP...

Exch2003 SP1 slipstream
Hi, Does anyone know of a way to slipstream SP1 into the Exch2003 installation. I'm about to migrate from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 and would like to go straight to 2003 SP1 if possible (mainly for the greater functionality in the Move Mailbox tool). SP1 only appears to want to run if it detects Exchange 2003 already installed, but what i would like to do is merge the service pack with the original installation media and have a pre-built SP1 install package. I've tried the ':s' switch (which works to slipstream the OS service packs) but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?...

Separate Outlook installations or identities?
A colleague has Outlook 2003 installed on their machine and wants to set it up so she and her husband can access their own emails separately. Since they swap between the computers all the time, they don't want to faff around with separate Windows logins, and she says that on an old PC they simply had separate Outlook icons on the desktop, but neither she nor I know how this was set up. I'm guessing this is dealt with by creating a new profile, but I need a simple walkthrough for creating another Outlook profile, and then creating two distinct shortcuts which will link directly...

Problems importing pst file...
One of the users in our office tried to open Outlook & recieved an error message that indicated that the pst was gone or corrupt. After running the Inbox repair tool to no avail, as well as picking up a copy of their pst from yesterday's backup, I'm still unable to do anything with it! When trying to import it, I get the message "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" & after hitting ok, I get a message that the file isn't a personal folders file! I have read several long-winded posts in other forums, which basically have given me no...

CRM and Great Plains Basic Installation Instructions for Client
I did a search for installation instructions for CRM and it reported no articles found. Just loading CRM can be a major ordeal with this fix and that fix, and to not have an easy to find detailed instructions is just confounding to me. How about just a basic list on how an installation of CRM and Great Plains on the client system. Thank you. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow t...

Problem of space between items in SMALLICON mode
Hi, I have problem with spacing between items in LVS_SMALLICON list mode. Some that have long text hide the others. Not when i'm changing mode, just when I change data in my list. I use SetWindowLong to change list mode, and tried list.Arrange, list.redraw and list.update functions with no success. Actually, list doesn't change space between items when I change data in my list. I browsed the group, and found some unanswered subject about the same problem, so if someone could help me it would be cool. TIA. Have you tried the CListCtrl::SetIconSpacing before CListCtrl::Arrange? Vict...

Outlook / Exchange 2003 user connection problem
Ok, we are doing our Outlook configuration in a two step process first we add the Computer to the domain ( not the user ). Then we configure Outlook with the exchange server and user information. All of our users are created and have a default password. Problem is that when we go to setup Outlook we are only able to setup 2 - 5 computers a day. After we get 2 - 5 setup, when we try to install/configue another Outlook client we receive a message that say Cannot connect to Exchange server or Exchange server does not exist. But if we wait a day and go back to setting up Outlook again we are ab...

SBS2003 Installation
Does anyone know whether I can load enough components from SBS2003 installation without loading exchange to support BES. If possible I'd like to Install SBS2003 on a separate machine, load BES, and connect to our SBS2008 exchange, as opposed to purchasing Server 2003. Thanks. No. SBS was not designed to be installed piecemeal. Just as importantly, two SBS machines cannot exist on the same domain. This is both a legal and technical restriction. For companies that need BES, SBS 2008 Premium is a good choice as it comes with a second-server license. -Cliff "...

Problem with a MIN function
Hi all Please can someone explain to me why this doesn't work: =MIN((A46:A52>0)*(A46:A52+B46:B52)) array-entered I've got dates in both ranges - and both ranges also contain blanks. I don't understand why this formula does not return what I want!! I'm trying to get the earliest date in A46:A52 where there is a blank in the corresponding cell in B46:B52. I've checked the formula (including the F9 option in the formula bar to view each part) and it's got me beat! -- Andy. Hi try the arraz formula =MIN(IF((A46:A52>0)*(B46:B52=""),A46:A52)) >---...

Delegates using only OWA
I have a home based user, accessing using OWA only, who needs to have delegates set up. Is there a simple way to do this not having a box with outlook avaliable? cheers, Box On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:28:42 -0000, "Boxington Headmaker" <the_boxhead@alt<<two_thousand_six_hundred <- convert that to numerals>>.org> wrote: >I have a home based user, accessing using OWA only, who needs to have >delegates set up. Is there a simple way to do this not having a box with >outlook avaliable? > >cheers, >Box > Are they the delegate or are they...

Outlook2007 automation problem with ".Display"
I am using automation in a VB5 program to send Emails using Outlook2007. If I use the ".Send" mailitem the email is sent out Immediately. If I use the ".Display" mailitem in my program, after I look over the Email and then click the "Send" button on the Outlook display screen, the email is placed in my outbox but does not get sent out. I have to exit my program and then click "Outlook". When Outlook displays, I can see the Email in the Outbox which will then automatically go out (without me having to click send and receive). I want th...

2007 Office Ultimatae installation and setup
Bought 2007 Office Ultimate from legitimate looking Microsoft site. Ship from Digital River. Clicked download to install on line as that is the only choice. It did not come in a CD. Then clicked save. It auto started by itself. I assumed it was loaded in the C drive but cannot find it anywhere. I was not able to install nor run it. I am running Vista. It did say it would be better to download it onto a CD but it did not give me any choice. It just auto downloaded but where I do not know. Please help. Thanks. You posted the same Q several hours ago on another group, and failed to...

Calender Problem after Exchange Migration
Hi all, I've got a bit of a Exch Calendar problem. We recently migrated from Exch2000 Srv to Exch2003 Srv. We also changed domain names (AD and company) as well. Due to time constraints and other issues I won't go into, things were a little rushed and the way we did the migration was probably not by the MS rules. Basically we restored a backup of the mailboxes from the old Exch2000 server to the new Exch2003 server. This was done via Qinetix MB idata agent. We thought this would be quicker than exporting the mailbox's out as PST files and then importing them. This part app...

Autonumber problem
Hi, I have a problem with autonumber field in my project: when I deleted some last records, it seems MS Access saved the last number of the autonumber. So when I added a new record, the number would be skipped from the previous record. I'd like the next record will be in order from the previous record in my outonumber field. Is anybody can tell me how to solve this problem?. Thanks... KT -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 If the value of the autonumber actually matters then you shouldn't be using atuonu...

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares

Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage, after install of ap
My company has an ASP.net 1.1 site that is used by our representatives/customers. The site is and has been working fine for all of our users untill recently, a handfull of users have all reported the same behavior. They go to the site and all is fine untill they click a link to view one of their orders, which is a dynamic link based on the user's login. when they click on said link they get the Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage error. We have determined that the users experiencing this issue have all also udated another vendors software, this software is a w...

Void Deferral Transactions Problem
I am having a problem voiding some deferred transactions. I entered the transactions through Receivables Management. I can see these transactions under the customers in the Deferral Inquiry window. However, they do not show up in the Void Deferral Transactions window for me to void. Some other transactions entered the same way in the same batch as these but under different customers do show up. Cannot figure out why that would be. I have tried check links and deferral check links to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks! Paul ...