Problems Updating Exchange 5.5

Exchange 5.5 SP4 will not allow update rollup for Exchange server 5.5
to be installed. The error is "This system does not have version
number 2653. Instead, the version reported is 1960."   Exchange admin
shows the version to be 2653.23. Store.exe is version 2653.23.
Why would the update rollup think we have a pre-service pack 1 version
of Exchange?

Any Ideas?

0
fjleiter (1)

On 30 Apr 2007 04:07:27 -0700, fjleiter@gmail.com wrote:

>Exchange 5.5 SP4 will not allow update rollup for Exchange server 5.5
>to be installed. The error is "This system does not have version
>number 2653. Instead, the version reported is 1960."   Exchange admin
>shows the version to be 2653.23. Store.exe is version 2653.23.
>Why would the update rollup think we have a pre-service pack 1 version
>of Exchange?
>
>Any Ideas?

It could be :

the SP4 update didnt complete correctly and it needs to be re-applied.
3rd party software interfering ( Stop any and try again)
or simply a reboot to fix it.

0
adavid (8731)

Problem shortcuts in Word

5.5.0 smtp;550 Denied by policy
I have a server running win2003 and exchange 2003. When sending to one email address the following bouncback message is received, "There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <ascrs_2k.ascrs.local #5.5.0 smtp;550 Denied by policy.> " The server sending the message is our exchange server. I am not sure where a policy was set that could be denying this from being sent out. Any help would be appreciated. Jeff_S <Jeff_S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a server running win2003 a...

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

Updated KB: Thin Line Appears and Is Printed Outside Object with Border and Fill Applied
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290911 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Trying to remove the last Exchange 5.5 server from my site
I ran the exchange administrator from my 2003 exchange server and tried to delete the 5.5 server. I get an error message: "Extension 'MSFB' could not be loaded". Has anyone seen this? Thanks, Rusty http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450&Product=ech E "Rusty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:367e01c3aa25$d8731b40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I ran the exchange administrator from my 2003 exchange > server and tried to delete the 5.5 server. I get an error > message: "Extension 'MSFB'...

Create a Variable from First 4-5 chars of a existing value ??
In a current table, the values in a particular field are all items like: MD45 Tuesday PM or TX341 Friday AM or FL12 Monday PM ...in other words...2 parts seperated by a space. The first part is always a State Abbrv. followed by either a 2 or 3 char. number. That first part will always be 4-5 characters long (or...everthing before the first Space). I'm needing to create a varible that is the First Part of the existing value.. ..in other words...the variable would need to be (from the above examples)... MD45 or TX341 or FL12 I'm kind of familiar with LEFT command. Would usin...

calendar problem

Exchange 2003 #6
How do I save the messages on my Exchange (20030 Server rather than the workstations??? ...

problem #4

Microsoft exchange server #2
I reinstalled Microft Office due to hard drive problems. Now it is asking for "Microsoft Exchange server" and "Mailbox". What do I put in "Microsoft Exchange server" box? What do I put in "Mailbox" box? acanduds@hotmail.com Dick <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I reinstalled Microft Office due to hard drive problems. > Now it is asking for "Microsoft Exchange server" > and "Mailbox". > What do I put in "Microsoft Exchange server" box? > What do I put in "Mailbox" box? Were ...

95 and 97 problem

Subtotal doesn't update
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, I have a spreadsheet with subtotals on and we have a problem inserting new rows. I thought that when a row was inserted above the subtotal row, the subtotal would update automatically - but it doesn't. Basically, we need to add news rows on a regular basis above the subtotal row and update the subtotal. This is what we want to happen - Before 2 3 4 0 2 5 2 2 0 4 7 9 (Subtotal) After 2 3 4 0 2 5 2 2 0 0 0 2 (new row) 4 7 11 (Subtotal) Hope this makes sense! How can we get the subtotals to update e...

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Oulook Clients Keep Disconnecting from Exchange server
I have a remote location that has a few Outlook clients that are complaining that they keep going into offline mode or get cannot connect to the Exchange server, or get login/pass boxes in Outlook. I don't seem to have this problem with the rest of the network and since the users in question are still logged into the domain and have access to all their shared resources from the server and can still connect to the Internet I can only assume this is an Outlook - Exchange issue. If the users close outlook and re-open it that sometimes works for a bit, same with logging out and back in again...

Cell Format