Problems Updating Exchange 5.5

Exchange 5.5 SP4 will not allow update rollup for Exchange server 5.5
to be installed. The error is "This system does not have version
number 2653. Instead, the version reported is 1960."   Exchange admin
shows the version to be 2653.23. Store.exe is version 2653.23.
Why would the update rollup think we have a pre-service pack 1 version
of Exchange?

Any Ideas?

0
fjleiter (1)

On 30 Apr 2007 04:07:27 -0700, fjleiter@gmail.com wrote:

>Exchange 5.5 SP4 will not allow update rollup for Exchange server 5.5
>to be installed. The error is "This system does not have version
>number 2653. Instead, the version reported is 1960."   Exchange admin
>shows the version to be 2653.23. Store.exe is version 2653.23.
>Why would the update rollup think we have a pre-service pack 1 version
>of Exchange?
>
>Any Ideas?

It could be :

the SP4 update didnt complete correctly and it needs to be re-applied.
3rd party software interfering ( Stop any and try again)
or simply a reboot to fix it.

0
adavid (8731)

OWA Attachments problems
(BACKGROUND info - 2003 Front End(DMZ) - 1 2003 Backend - 2 2000 Backend - McAfee Groupshield 6.0 on each server) We're experiencing problems attaching attachments to our front-end mailserver via OWA. Small files < 1MB generally have no problems. If we connect directly to the server which the mailbox resides we have no problems.. This problem is internal and external. Problem occurs whether or not your mailbox is on the 2003 backend or 2000 backends. Thank you, Anthony Graber This sounds like the public folder posting limit. Are you trying to post to a PubliC Folder: http:/...

Help with problem
I accidentally clicked on the "From" field in Outlook and drug it down my listing of emails. Now the field is missing and my emails do not list who they are from on the screen. I have to click on the email to see who it is from now. I cannot figure out how to get that field back now that I have done this. I have looked in a few places in Outlook to see if I could figure it out, but to no avail I have not figured it out. Any help would be appreciated. Right-click on the bar and add it back, or choose Customize Current View. Choose Fields, add the From field back. ...

SP3 Install Problems
I have copied SP3 to a cd-r and then went to the pos computer running Store Ops (no online access) to install SP3. I got an error message Looking for another CD. Can SP3 be copied to a system from a cd. chucky8822, It might be looking for the original MRMS install disk. Try copying the Microsoft Retail Management System Store Operations.msi file to the disk if you only have Store Operations installed on this machine. If you have HQ, copy the 2 .msi files from the HQ disk too. -- * "chucky8822" <chucky8822@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A577019E-BF7F-...

initial post on possible problem with csv files
I don't have all the info yet but before I spend any time on this is there any known issues with Excel 2002 sp2 opening .csv files incorrectly? I have a report of a csv file opening fine in excel 97 but the same file is not formatted correctly when opened in Excel 2002 sp2... apparently all data gets stuffed into one column instead of it correctly separating columns according to the comma delimited file. any info would be greatly appreciated.. thanks. Maybe it's not excel that's really at fault. You may want to look at your regional settings and make sure that the separator in...

Updating PST file to 2007 Format
Hi all, I'm running Outlook 2007 and looking at my PST file that's been coming forward since Office 2000 it shows that the PST file is a 97-2002 mode file. Is there any way to upgrade the PST file to the latest format? And maybe more to the point is there any advantage to doing so? Everything seems to work fine, other than the slowness of the file (it's about 130megs) and I'm hoping moving up to the latest format might help performance? +++ Rick --- File->New->Outlook Data File->Personal folders file. This will be in = the new unicode format that allows st...

Final Problems
Alright. Getting closer and closer to the full instal of CRM onto our network, and there are only two hurdles left. The first error message I am getting, during the install, states "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.". The second error, agian during the install, "Setup cannot connect to the Microsoft CRM server. This might indicate that the server is down." Any helpful hints to get this thing fully installed? thanks, Chris Hi Chris, I am assuming that you are installing the CRM outlook client. you might already look into this but ju...

Chart problem.
I have a chart that plots body mass index, ie value on y axis, and dates on x axis. I have also added a second category x as I have divided the chart into horizonatl zones with different colors (ie underweight, overweight etc). Things work fine except that when I plot, for instance, three dates (Jan 1, Feb 1, March 1). The Jan point is right on the left side Y axis, the Feb is mid way across the chart, and the March is on the other end of the chart (right Y axis) I'd like to narrow down the spaces between each data point, and also have some space at the beginning of the chart ...

problem erasing CD-RW disc
Hello, I need to erase a CD-RW I use the follwing code: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsopticalplatform/thread/709d5658-6581-4dbc-8357-778cf052afe9 But I get this error: 0xC0AA090B E_IMAPI_ERASE_CLIENT_NAME_IS_NOT_VALID This obviously means: "The client name is not valid" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc835244(VS.85).aspx But what is "The client" ? And what may cause this error? How could I use VBS to erase a RW CD or DVD? I use XP SP2 Thank you ...

Cannot save Passwords problem
Hello. Having problems with saved passwords. Outlook 2003 and IE8 wouldn't save passwords. I have tried the following without success: kb en us 290684 Reverting to IE7 I loaded Google Chrome and it wont save either. Any further ideas? Would creating a new user be an option? Thanks ...

Data lost on Exchange 5.5 to 2003 migration
After performing a migration from Exchange 5.5 to 2003, All seemed to go pretty smoothly. There was one exception. A user complained that her mail and everything was not there. I look at the PST file that EXMERGE created from the 5.5 server and it's all of 30k. Check on the old server again, yep...35k. Told her that was all, but come to find out, she had tons of stuff in there. I was able to figure out from a 3 month old backup that she did indeed have lots of stuff in there. I used EXMERGE on that one and put that info into her new mailbox. Problem I have is with the current datab...

Report Problem
-- Hansford D. Cornett ...

Problems again
When iI finshed last night, Money 2005 was working fine. Went to it tonight to update accounts - no longer can do so, again. Go to manage online banking - again, TD Canada Trust and BMO are not listed. Go to the "See the financial institions Money Supports" and both are listed. I just cannot get them into the list on my program. How do I do it? Barry ...

Exchange 2007 CAS role and multiple sites
we have multiple site and we have no intention to provide access to CAS role servers at any site. - What i'm worried about is the recommended by MS bandwidth between CAS and mailbox roles that is 100 Mbps. It's just hardly achievable sometimes. Probably I don't understand something? - another question about autodiscovery procedure. Will Outlook 2007 clients try to access an alternative CAS server published if one chosen in the past becomes unavailable for awhile? Andrey The mailbox server can also have the CAS and Hub roles unless you're clustering it. -- Ed Crowle...

VPC- Customization export problem
Hi, I'm trying to export customizations of CRM 4.0 (using the MS VPC image) to a stand alone system (onpremise). Export is failing with a message stating the language conversion failed and it says 1031, 1036, and 3082 are not supported on the production machine. VPC has German language pack and in the Settings -> Languages section three languages were enabled. Disabled those languages and did a fresh export, still no use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keshav On 18 d=E9c, 22:42, keshav...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm trying to export customizations of CRM 4.0...

Turn Off Updating of Ref Fields in Word 2007
I have a document that someone used Ref fields to link to bookmarked figures and hyperlinked them to the paragragh thus inserting a copy of the figure everywhere they inserted the field. I unlinked the extra graphics from the paragraph but not from the actual text e.g. "Figure VII 2-2." Now the document has updated all of the fields and reinserted the figures back in. If it was one or two no big deal but we are talking about probably 75-100 extra graphics being inserted into the document. I need to turn off the Auto Updating of Fields on Save or whenever the heck i...

Server 03 / exchange 03 disaster recovery
I had to install a fresh OS with srv 03 and do the disaster recovery on the exchange. problems with the MSExchangeSA starting and directly stopping.. so I uninstalled srv03 sp1 / did a fresh repair of the OS using 03 std srv / reinstalled Exc 03 using disaster recovery but the services were not installing properly..... This is a production box... Any Ideas? Hi Rob, "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6CD12588-12C6-4C8C-95E7-EE0775F7D46E@microsoft.com... >I had to install a fresh OS with srv 03 and do the disaster recovery on the > ex...

WM_PAINT problem
Hi I have this function for my dialog box (it's a project based on dialog box): void CDialogBarCopy::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting dc.SetBkColor(RGB(212,208,200)); dc.SetTextColor(RGB(255,0,0)); CFont *m_Font1 = new CFont; m_Font1->CreatePointFont(260, "Garamond"); dc.SelectObject(m_Font1); if(LecteurEnd == 1) { dc.TextOut(19, 37, "test"); } } If I delete the if condition "if(LecteurEnd == 1)", this code work good, but I want to do it just when my variable "LecteurEnd" is set to 1. When I set the varia...

How to solve this problem? #2
I write two program,one is that create ODBC-link to access and register two control:MS ADO Data and MS DataGrid automaticly,another is to display database,look: BOOL CAutoDlg::OnInitDialog() { SQLConfigDataSource(NULL,ODBC_ADD_DSN,"Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)\0", \ "DSN=LeadLink\0 DESCRIPTION=For Lead ODBC Link\0 DBQ=RS485.mdb\0 FIL=Microsoft \ Access\0 default="); CString OcxFileName; HINSTANCE hLib; FARPROC lpDllEntryPoint; OcxFileName="MSADODC.OCX"; hLib = LoadLibrary(OcxFileName); if (hLib==NULL) { AfxMessageBox("Error"); } lpDllEntryPo...

Two-Column problem
Using Arrange, Layout Guides, I set up Publisher 2002 with two columns per page and with two master pages with mirrored guides. For the first 11 pages, text flowed as expected. That is, each new pair of pages had two textboxes per page. But now, when I add a pair of pages, Publisher gives me guides for two columns per page but gives me only one page-wide textbox per page, not two. How do I force Publisher to give me two textboxes per page, as it did for the first 11 pages? (I might be missing something obvious. I haven't used Publisher in several years.) Thanks. Charley After mana...

Problem: Email Body becomes attachment in Text-only email client
We recently noticed CRM emails read via our University's web-based, text-only email client have the message body show up as an "unknown" attachment. This requires the student to open this attachment to read the email. It didn't always work this way, so I am trying to figure out if this is related to the upgrade from version 3 to 4 of CRM, a later rollup, or an "upgrade" to the University's text-only web-based email client? The email is viewable just fine is email client's that support html rendering. Anyone else seen this before? Any ideas on how ...

CWinapp::onExitInstance
this is about using a dll i have made in another language. called from a MFC dll that has an instance of CwinApp i have a dll i programemd in delphi.. it uses indyTcp server, it has exported DLL methods to starting, and stopping the server which including freeing classes etc, sets TCpserver.active to true and false i am calling this dll from microsoft visual C++ (using loadlibrary, get procaddress) this is working fine, i can turn on the server, it behaves how i want, and i can turn it off. and everything gets unloaded from memory fine, if i call the turnoffserver methods in the delphi dll d...

Problem with Filegroups and Indexes
Hi all I have two filegroups (DATA and INDEX). I create a new table on filegroup DATA and a PrimaryKey Constraint (NONCLUSTERED) on filegroup INDEX. This works fine, the table is on filegroup DATA and the Index on filegroup INDEX. When I now add a clustered Index (to filegroup INDEX), the filegroup of the table is changed to INDEX ... Does somebody know why this happens ?? Thanks a lot and best regards Frank Uray Hi Frank The leaf level of a clustered index IS the data. You cannot have a clustered index separate from the data, so wherever you build the clustered inde...

Update data in Excel
I have two reports in Access one is and output to and the other is exported. I am trying to figure out which one to use so my columns (data) will be updated when the user clicks the automated button. I noticed the export to excel does not update but the output to does. I have two questions 1. Is there a easy way to update the data based of Access report export? 2. If not I can use the output to but I need to find out how to automatically align the columns when the new data is entered. Am I taking the hard way or is there an easier way to export updated reprts to Excel? Please help I am...

Recovering a deleted mailbox on an Exchange 5.5 server
One of our user mailboxes was accidentally deleted and I need to recover it. I have a recovery server set up with sufficient disk space, but the locations for Exchange, the transaction logs, priv.edb and pub.edb will not match the live server beacuse they are spread out over 4 drives on the live server. I don't need to worry about transactionj logs (I think), because the user will be happy with getting his mailbox back as it was at the time of the last full backup. Can anyone give me some guidance as to what to look out for here? Some questions I have: Do I neet to restore the pub...

Problems with merged cells
I have merged a fair few cells so that I can enter paragraphs, once I type past a certain point it wont bring up everything I have entered in the cell, it cuts half of it off & it wont print it either, but when i click on the cell all the information is there......can anyone help me out with this??? Excel has limitations (see link below). Cells will show up to 1024 characters, but up to 32,767 will appear in the formula bar. Printing.. maybe it has a 1024 character limit too. (Just because you're using merged cells doesn't mean you get more characters - they're ...