Problems switching to new hardware

after removing active directory from the machine, I tried to activate it as
a 2nd machine for the new Dell machine. No luck, it still could not locate
the machine. After tinkering around I finally gave up and reinstalled the OS
on the new machine from scratch. I recreated the user list and also
installed the email server. We're up and running again. I only have one
problem left. Our old domain was server1.xxx.org. The new domain I created
was just xxx.org. So now anytime we try to access the external web site from
our provider called xxx.org I don;t get it. I've tried to use the DNS
manager to create a zone for xxx.org but no success. Any advice would be
appreciated. Thanks.

Tim.

If you don't have a lot of servers to deal with, you could put static
entries in your DNS that duplicate the entries in the external site. Clients
then would use the internal DNS to resolve to the external IP address of the
web site.

Cheers

Glen

"Sandi Gauthier" <sandigauthier@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> after removing active directory from the machine, I tried to activate it
as
> a 2nd machine for the new Dell machine. No luck, it still could not locate
> the machine. After tinkering around I finally gave up and reinstalled the
OS
> on the new machine from scratch. I recreated the user list and also
> installed the email server. We're up and running again. I only have one
> problem left. Our old domain was server1.xxx.org. The new domain I created
> was just xxx.org. So now anytime we try to access the external web site
from
> our provider called xxx.org I don;t get it. I've tried to use the DNS
> manager to create a zone for xxx.org but no success. Any advice would be
> appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Tim.

0
glen6925 (138)
8/30/2004 2:04:41 AM
Before removing an AD domain controller, you need to add a new domain
controller and then move the FSMO roles.  Too late now...but remember it in
the future.

What problems are you having creating the DNS zone and how are you trying to
create it?

Have you posted in the AD or DNS newsgroups?

Bob
"Sandi Gauthier" <sandigauthier@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> after removing active directory from the machine, I tried to activate it
as
> a 2nd machine for the new Dell machine. No luck, it still could not locate
> the machine. After tinkering around I finally gave up and reinstalled the
OS
> on the new machine from scratch. I recreated the user list and also
> installed the email server. We're up and running again. I only have one
> problem left. Our old domain was server1.xxx.org. The new domain I created
> was just xxx.org. So now anytime we try to access the external web site
from
> our provider called xxx.org I don;t get it. I've tried to use the DNS
> manager to create a zone for xxx.org but no success. Any advice would be
> appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Tim.

0
BobChristian (293)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7
After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail sound, pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every thing else seems to work fine. Any hints? are the icons in the overflow? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What v...

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Extender-Create a new data entry window
Is it possible to create a new extender form or window (not sure of the terminology) to enter data into Dynamics? Specifically the Sales Forecast Window in Manufacturing is terrible for entering data, everytime you move to the right, it the scrolling window jumps back to the top and you have to find the item again. Anyway, I would like a new window to enter a sales forecast, is this possible? thanks -- Doug Unfortunately Extender data is stored in Extender tables and cannot be stored in the Sales Forecast tables. I agree with you that the data entry screen is horrible. I am tal...

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

howto test new edge
I added new edge on a dmz to test new antispam software. this is a new EDGE in a working enviroment with exchange 2007 sp1 and edge. I'm ready to configure Edge Synchronization. Before I synchronize, I need to understant how to test this new edge, so I want to switch on this new, to send/receive few messages, if all works then I'll switch to the new edge. I'm speaking about on how to switch the "connectors" On 23 Giu, 16:22, Guido Lavespa <lav.gu...@gmail.com> wrote: > I added new edge on a dmz to test new antispam software. this is a new > EDGE i...

Cell Format

dingbats show up in new email creation
I want to eliminate dingbats that show up when I hit return and in spacing between each word in text when creating new email. "allison" <allison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:411FEF53-C1D7-4A98-B8C8-88CF467E05BA@microsoft.com... >I want to eliminate dingbats that show up when I hit return and in spacing > between each word in text when creating new email. It's likely those aren't "dingbats", which are characters in a particular font, but rather Word formatting marks, like the Pilcrow (¶). Press Ctrl+Shift+8 to t...

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

Can NOT install on new Win 7 machine
This is a new one for me. But for 2 days I have been trying to get Windows Live Mail to install on a new Win 7 computer. I just keep getting weird error messages. I have installed this programs many times on many computers, and never had this happen before...I get errors like these: hr:0x80040005 another time I got hr:0x80070003 . I get something similar every time. I have tried using the Microsoft Installer Uninstall cleanup Utility I have turned OFF the firewall when installing I have tried selecting only the mail or other things...it doesn't seem to matter... HELP!!! T ...

IF AND problem