Problems sending mail to Yahoo

All of a sudden, late last week, none of our users can send email to Yahoo.
There are a bunch of messages queued with the error "421 4.4.2 Connection
dropped."  Delivery to all other domains is fine.  I have checked and we are
not on any blacklists.  We are running Exchange 2007.  I have contacted
Yahoo about this, and they did get back to me, but via email, and the
conversation has been going in slow motion for a few days now with no
resolution.

Has anybody else seen these 421 4.4.2 errors when delivering to yahoo?  How
did you get around it?

Thanks!

0
Brion

Could be a few reasons, do you have a SPF Record?  Do you have a Reverse DNS
Pointer record?  A copy of the exact NDR message that is fired back when the
message times out would also be helpful.

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"Brion" <blah@blah.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden, late last week, none of our users can send email to
> Yahoo. There are a bunch of messages queued with the error "421 4.4.2
> Connection dropped."  Delivery to all other domains is fine.  I have
> checked and we are not on any blacklists.  We are running Exchange 2007.
> I have contacted Yahoo about this, and they did get back to me, but via
> email, and the conversation has been going in slow motion for a few days
> now with no resolution.
>
> Has anybody else seen these 421 4.4.2 errors when delivering to yahoo?
> How did you get around it?
>
> Thanks!

0
John

Problem shortcuts in Word

having trouble with windows mail
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'Foreverzetaclassy@live.com'. Subject 'Application Data For Mental Health Worker', Account: 'pop3.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Pr...

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7
After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail sound, pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every thing else seems to work fine. Any hints? are the icons in the overflow? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What v...

Problem with Authentication

Outlook not sending messages from correct POP3 account
I am a tech support person, supporting several companies from my home. Therefore, I have several pop3 email accounts setup on my computer in Outlook. When I reply to an email, I need to make sure that the correct account shows up in the "From" field. This works for some messages, but for others, the email is sent from the wrong account (making me look real bad :-)). This happens even when it says it's going to be sent from the correct account, if I check the sent items afterward, I'll see that it was sent from the wrong account. This is driving me batty and I nee...

Multiple e-mails #4
How many e-mails can be sent at once with outlook express Multiple e-mails wrote: || How many e-mails can be sent at once with outlook express This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support Services &...

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Won't send/receive emails automatically
I am able to send and receive emails, but only if I click the send/receive button. I have checked the settings and it IS set to send automatically but it doesn't. Can anyone help? >-----Original Message----- >I am able to send and receive emails, but only if I click >the send/receive button. I have checked the settings and >it IS set to send automatically but it doesn't. Can >anyone help? >. >We have had that happen when Outlook was working offline. We could if you posted your Outlook version and what settings you checked. Did you set up an automa...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

incoming mail pop3 account
Every time I start my computer I have to reset the value in my outlook express incoming mail server. It needs to be a pop3 value. It keeps reseting to 127.0.0.1. Any help would be appreciated. Nick <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Every time I start my computer I have to reset the value > in my outlook express incoming mail server. It needs to > be a pop3 value. It keeps reseting to 127.0.0.1. > Any help would be appreciated. Disable your antivirus program's integration with mail. It's your antivirus program making that change. -- Brian Tillma...