Problems between two Exchange Servers

At my Company we are planning to replace an existing exchange 2000 server
(EXS1 NT Pack 4.0 Exchange Sp3) with a new server called (EXS2 NT Pack 4, No
Service Pack). So we configured an additional server and added to our
primary Site.  We moved a few mailboxes to the new server and seem to get
outside mail but I see that all the mail sent locally is not been delivered
and  is stuck in the Queue that is pointing to the new server by name
exs2.mydomain.com. I tried to force a connection but it doesnt want  send
the mail.

Please help

Gary Vidal

0
gary6424 (2)

Is there more than one routing group?

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio

"gary Vidal" <gary@usballoon.net> wrote in message
> At my Company we are planning to replace an existing exchange 2000 server
> (EXS1 NT Pack 4.0 Exchange Sp3) with a new server called (EXS2 NT Pack 4,
No
> Service Pack). So we configured an additional server and added to our
> primary Site.  We moved a few mailboxes to the new server and seem to get
> outside mail but I see that all the mail sent locally is not been
delivered
> and  is stuck in the Queue that is pointing to the new server by name
> exs2.mydomain.com. I tried to force a connection but it doesnt want  send
> the mail.
>
> Please help
>
> Gary Vidal

0
nospam6185 (535)
2/19/2004 5:28:45 AM
No there is only a single routing group and both servers are a member of it.

"Michael Abbaticchio" <nospam@abbaticchio.com> wrote in message
> Is there more than one routing group?
>
> --
>
> regards,
> Michael Abbaticchio
> MVP for Exchange Server
> http://mvps.org/exchange
>
> "gary Vidal" <gary@usballoon.net> wrote in message
> > At my Company we are planning to replace an existing exchange 2000
server
> > (EXS1 NT Pack 4.0 Exchange Sp3) with a new server called (EXS2 NT Pack
4,
> No
> > Service Pack). So we configured an additional server and added to our
> > primary Site.  We moved a few mailboxes to the new server and seem to
get
> > outside mail but I see that all the mail sent locally is not been
> delivered
> > and  is stuck in the Queue that is pointing to the new server by name
> > exs2.mydomain.com. I tried to force a connection but it doesnt want
send
> > the mail.
> >
> > Please help
> >
> > Gary Vidal

0
gary6424 (2)
2/19/2004 10:30:08 PM
Have you performed basic SMTP troublshooting?    Telnet port 25.....  check
dns settings.... etc..

--

> No there is only a single routing group and both servers are a member of
it.

> "Michael Abbaticchio" <nospam@abbaticchio.com> wrote in message
> > Is there more than one routing group?
> >
> > --
> >
> > regards,
> > Michael Abbaticchio
> > MVP for Exchange Server
> > http://mvps.org/exchange
> >
> > "gary Vidal" <gary@usballoon.net> wrote in message
> > > At my Company we are planning to replace an existing exchange 2000
> server
> > > (EXS1 NT Pack 4.0 Exchange Sp3) with a new server called (EXS2 NT Pack
> 4,
> > No
> > > Service Pack). So we configured an additional server and added to our
> > > primary Site.  We moved a few mailboxes to the new server and seem to
> get
> > > outside mail but I see that all the mail sent locally is not been
> > delivered
> > > and  is stuck in the Queue that is pointing to the new server by name
> > > exs2.mydomain.com. I tried to force a connection but it doesnt want
> send
> > > the mail.
> > >
> > > Please help
> > >
> > > Gary Vidal

0
nospam6185 (535)

PTR record problem with comcast isp
I have Comcast as my isp that provides me with a dynamic ip. I've registered with dyndns.org for custom dns service which is going to update my ip and domain information. The problem is, after setting up an exchange 2000 server, I could receive mails but not send to certain domains with rdns. I know its my ptr record that's causing the problem. Does anyone know of a solution for this? forward your mail to smtp.comcast.net and use their smarthost to handle either all your outbound mail or the domains you are having issues with. "Mohammed Alli" <Roc1479@yahoo.com>...

Problem inserting a column!!!
Hello all. I just accessed a worksheet which Im trying to add a column to... I highlight the column which i want the new column inserted ...and when i try to insert a column it doesnt work! A warning message comes up stating that a column cannot be inserted until blank cells are removed from the right side of the sheet or something to that effect!? Whats going on??? Thank you. -- londonchick ------------------------------------------------------------------------ londonchick's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24529 View this thread: http://www.e...

problem with fonts using Word as editor #2
All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check mark and go into default, but mew msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What is one to do? Leo ...

Money 2004 Business and Invoice Designer Problem
When I click on Invoice Designer, Money displays an error message telling me that I have not accepted the End User License Agreement (EULA). I have reinstalled the product twice and accepted the agreement both times at installation. Has anyone encountered this and do they have a solution? ...

StretchBlt problem
I'm trying to use StretchBlt to scale a bmp up to as much as 2000% original size. I would even settle for as low as 1200%, but the problem is, after scaling the image up to say 500% (depending on the original image size), StretchBlt seems to fail. All i get after that point are blank/white bmps. GDIPlus will scale it as much as i want, but I've noticed that images seem to take longer to load and to scale. Why microsoft would release an improvement to graphics programming that is SLOWER at displaying graphics boggles my feeble little mind. Anyway, GDIPlus seems a few nano-seconds slowe...

Mailbox Access Problem
Hi folks, Appreciate any help with the following problem where a subset of users' mailboxes seems inaccessible via the web or for POP3 deliveries but are ok for other uses... Environment is SBS2003 Evaluation copy (build 3790 with Exchange v6.5.6944.0). Available hot fixes have been applied. I set up a few users which were successfully receiving email via the POP3 Connector and connecting on the LAN with Outlook Web Access. I now have the following situation, which may have coincided with password security policies being enforced and two users having to change passwords: 1. Fo...

Form problems in a table with merged cells
I have a spreadsheet I've been using for several years in which I had set up a ribbon button to show a data entry form using the table headers. I merged some cells in an area adjacent to the table and the form would no longer work. Clicking the ribbon button simply gave the message that the command could not be used in a table or range containing merged cells. I unmerged the offending cells but it still doesn't work. I'm stumped - can anyone please help> -- John ...

Customize Today problems
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C3667A.71165C80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, On the Outlook Today view, I can't activate the customize mode. It = says "Customize Outlook Today..." which I have clicked on in times past = to change options. Nothing happens now when I try this. Any suggestions? = I've done detect and repair, didn't help. Anything will be appreciated. --=20 Thanks for any help, Craig S. Force Design, Inc. ------=_NextPart_000_0013...

Archiving Problems
Tried the knowledge base, found a document and it didnt work. Any other suggestions. ------------------------------------------------------ Error while archiving folder "Calendar" in store "Mailbox - ******". Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied. Error while archiving folder "Inbox" in store "Mailbox - ******". Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied. Error while archiving folder "Journal" in store "Mailbox - ******". Some items c...

Problem Uploading Files

Database problems in Vista
I have been using a database on my XP machine with Access 2007 without problems but when I run it on my Vista machine I cannot make any of the buttons on the switchboard work - I get the message: "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or classs does not support the set of events!" I can run all the queries, forms etc from the database window. Is there something I need to do to make the switchboard buttons work? See: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html Option 2 is probably the best general solution. -- A...

Exchange 5.5 system attendant service hangs
Here is the situation store.exe was taking 100% of resources I rebooted the server and when it came back up the system attendant was hung on starting.I have also noticed when i login with the domain admin account i cannot access the app and system log in event viewer as well as exchange administrator i get access denied on all 3 i have ran esutil and mtacheck with everything seeming ok this is a exchange 5.5 with all updates and nt 4.0 server with all updates. A little info i can login as local admin and can open all 3 but when i open exchange administrator it can not find the exchan...

Problem using Public Folders
Hello people I'm having a problem with Public Folders in Exchange 2003. From Outlook, I can see the public folders, and from ESM I can also see all the groups on the Storage Group The problems are that I can't see the folders on ESM under the "Folders" tree, inside my Administrative Group, and neither can I see the System folders (it shows the error with an id of c1030af1 - forbidden). This way, no one can see, e.g., each other's availability on Calendar for meetings Can anyone shed a light to me? I've checked some documents on the net and Microsoft's ...

Ballancing Problem
I recently setup a new bank account and have been having problems ballancing it for the past 4 months. I key all my transactions into my register manually and then download them from the bank about every other day, or so, to know what has cleared and what hasn't. I rarely use the manual C, all of my transactions have the E. Now I like to double check the bank to the paper statement monthly, all I used to do is start the ballancing process it I would key in the info from my statement and it would move over to the ballancing side leaving the "E" in the "C" field...

Can anyone help with this problem? bug?
I installed MYIE2 (www.myie2.com) and chose it to be default browser, when I reverted back to IE as default browser it affected one thing I know in Outlook. on the toolbar, when you open up a contact, theres a "road sign button" to the right of the "red flag" I get this error, when i click on it: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Crate an assocition in the Folder Options control panel" I dont know what association to go to in Folder options and uninstalling outlook and reinstalling it did not fix the problem no...

Migration to Exchange 2003 #2
I have just built a new exchage 2003 server which is now part of our windows 2k domain currently running exchange 2k. All is well with the installation and upgrade of AD to suit the new 03 box. My problem is with the migration. On the new exchange box i ran the Migration wizard to import the user accounts, however when i specify the servers sourse and destination i get a warning: Please enter a source Exchange server outside of the organization. Unable to perform migration..... ???? I am now taking the route of exporting all the mail boxes to .pst's then doing an import with exmerge!!...

How to connect 2 sites using Exchange 5.5
I have 2 Exhanges runing in a diferent subnets. Yesterday everything was working fine, but now I can not send a email between sites. What can I do? ...

autofilter problem #2
Is there a formula to delete empty rows within a column? I use autofilter to delete empty rows. but when the data changes in the cells, I have to manually operate the listbox each time in order to delete empty rows that have changed. i am trying to cut out the extra step of using the listbox to delete empty rows. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

New Problem
I have a query in access 2003 containing new patients that needs to be inserted into a SQL server 2005 table. ============================================ Set cnn = New ADODB.Connection cnn.Open ImportData strSQL = "INSERT INTO dbo.tblPatients (PFirstName, PLastName, MedicalRecNumber,DOB,MRSNID,EmployeeID) " strSQL = strSQL & "SELECT PFirstName, PLastName, MedicalRecNumber,DOB,MRSNID,EmployeeID " strSQL = strSQL & "FROM qryUniqueNewPatients" cnn.Execute strSQL ============================================== The qryUniqueNewPatien...

Problem Sending Mail
I have a two server exchange setup, all in the same site, connected by a vpn tunnel. SERVER1 and SERVER2. There is one SMTP connector that lists the address space as * and the bridgehead as SERVER1 They both can can send mail to each other and SERVER1 can send mail to the outside no problem The issue is that SERVER2 cannot send mail to the outside. The e-mails get stuck in the internet CMTP mail queue for SERVER1. What could be the problem? Why won't SERVER2 just send mail right out to the internet, instead it is trying to send them through SERVER1? how can I change it so that mai...

Problem printing inserted images
I've been having a strange printing problem lately, when I insert images in my files some of them print out as solid black rectangles. The strange thing is that up to about a week ago I was able to print out the same images just fine, and if I open the images in Microsoft picture and fax viewer they print fine as well (so I know the file isn't corrupt). Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Publisher is more critical about printer drivers than many applications. Go to your printer manufacturer's web site and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://o...

OWA SSL problem... please help
Hi, We have an Exchange Server with OWA on SSL. 2 Days ago something happened to the SSL on IIS. On accessing the https://mailserveraddress/exchange website the certificate or login prompts do not appear. Instead I get a "page cannot be displayed" error. When SSL is disabled (http://mailserveraddress/exchange) OWA works just fine. I have tried everything I could find on MS KB with little success. Does somebody know how to resolve this problem and get Certificate Services back up on IIS ? Thank you for your help Sai Krishnakumar ...

wince5.0 sdio wifi catalog problem
hi eveyone, i got a s3c2440 EVB with wince5.0 and sdio wifi card, i just want to know how many catalogs should i add to my os image to run my sdio wifi card on my EVB, thanks! I have add the following catalog SYSGEN_EAP SYSGEN_NWIFI_AP SYSGEN_NWIFI_STA SYSGEN_ETH_80211 SYSGEN_AUTH_NTLM and i got the log as following: ERROR: function @ Ordinal 2569 missing in Module 'coredll.dll' !!! Please Check your SYSGEN variable !!! sinojapan wrote: >hi eveyone, >i got a s3c2440 EVB with wince5.0 and sdio wifi card, i just want to know how >many catalogs should i add...

Changing SQL Servers
I am trying to change the instance of SQL Server that my dev environment points to, When I goto DM, select the server and click Configure Sql Server - I select the new SQL server, click next and get "SQL Server Agent is not running". I have verified that the SQL Agent is running on both the current and new sql servers but this does not help. Any help of where to look would be great ...

outlook/server
is there a way to set outlook so that i can have it delete messages from the server after a certain amount of days like outlook express? thank you for your help... In Outlook, Open the email properties, click the advanced button. Look at the option to leave a copy of the mail on the server for 10 days. "chris" <chingchanlee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:03db01c3553c$6efefff0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > is there a way to set outlook so that i can have it > delete messages from the server after a certain amount of > days like outlook express? thank you for your hel...