Problems and more problems with exchange 2003 sbs

Today I reboot the our server, this is the first occasion after
install a patch (that the windows has downloaded automatically) before
few days.

In 1 hour i received a message that the C: drive is full (yesterday I
has 7GB free space) . surprised and checking the problem, I receive in
my workstation a message that the outlook is not conected to the
server. I seen that the mdadata folder has same hundreds of logs of
5MB size!!!

After I move a lot of them to another location the exchange fill the
free space with new logs...I change the configuration to make a
circular logs and i moved a few hundreds of logs to another location.
I think that the problem was resolved... but I restart the all
exchange processes and i receive the message from the outlook that
cannot connect to a server...

Thank u for the time invested

you need to find out what is creating so many transaction log files so
quickly...virus activity?  message loop?  if you keep running out of space
on the drive where the transaction log files are located, the Information
store will keep shutting down...what is the location of these files?

<ysterenfeld@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Today I reboot the our server, this is the first occasion after
> install a patch (that the windows has downloaded automatically) before
> few days.
>
> In 1 hour i received a message that the C: drive is full (yesterday I
> has 7GB free space) . surprised and checking the problem, I receive in
> my workstation a message that the outlook is not conected to the
> server. I seen that the mdadata folder has same hundreds of logs of
> 5MB size!!!
>
> After I move a lot of them to another location the exchange fill the
> free space with new logs...I change the configuration to make a
> circular logs and i moved a few hundreds of logs to another location.
> I think that the problem was resolved... but I restart the all
> exchange processes and i receive the message from the outlook that
> cannot connect to a server...
>
> Thank u for the time invested

0
susan7353 (1225)
12/21/2004 10:11:36 PM
ysterenfeld@gmail.com wrote:
> Today I reboot the our server, this is the first occasion after
> install a patch (that the windows has downloaded automatically) before
> few days.
>
> In 1 hour i received a message that the C: drive is full (yesterday I
> has 7GB free space) . surprised and checking the problem, I receive in
> my workstation a message that the outlook is not conected to the
> server. I seen that the mdadata folder has same hundreds of logs of
> 5MB size!!!

Perhaps OT, but you need to do regular online backups that will purge the
logs. As in,
nightly.

> After I move a lot of them to another location the exchange fill the
> free space with new logs...I change the configuration to make a
> circular logs

Don't leave that in place....do a full online backup using Exchange-aware
backup software such as SBSBackup, NTBackup (or third party b/u software
with its associated Exchange agent) and disable circular logging.

> and i moved a few hundreds of logs to another location.
> I think that the problem was resolved... but I restart the all
> exchange processes and i receive the message from the outlook that
> cannot connect to a server...

Event logs say anything? Are your stores mounted? I echo Susan's reply (mail
loop? antivirus software scanning any Exchange folders?)

When you get this resolved, move your databases & logs out of C. Ideally to
a disk/volume that has tons of space and nothing else on it (no user
data/user-accessible shares).
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q257184 is for E2k,
but will still apply.

> Thank u for the time invested

0
lanwench (7567)

Greater Than / Less Than Problem
Don't want to sound silly here, but I am actually having a problem with a formula that will allow me to count only values greater than 0 but less than 11. Is this Possible in 1 unique formula? Heres the situation: Within Column B6:B35, I want a count of any number that is greater than 0 but less than 11. I tried the following but it returns a 0: countif(B6:B35,">0<11") Thanks In Advance for any help here... -- Mhz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Outlook2k7 over VPN Out of Office Assistant problem
User's computer is not a member of the domain. Mail flows and all looks good till you start the OOF thing. It will just tell you it cannot connect to the server because it's currently unavailable. Now when we add autodiscover.domain.com pointing to the Exchange server to the host file of that computer it works but why? Without it when you run a test it will tell you that a Srv Record lookup for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) or Local autodiscover for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) yaro Hello yaro, Thanks for your post. The error 0x8004010F usually means MAPI_E_NOT_FOU...

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

problem with signature
I am trying to create a simple signature for my HTML mails, with a link to my website.I want it to be a hover link, no underline. I have made a very simple HTML in Dreamweaver, and all the appropriate attributes and styles are set via CSS. It looks and works fine on my browser. But when I select it as my signature file in OL2003, hover link property disappears and it reverts to the dreaded underline link. Any ideas how achieve this? TIA ...

Outlook 2003

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Excel Crash

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Edit Microsoft Exchange System Object with ADSI
When I applied a new recipient policy to add a 2nd domain name to our users, I applied it to all rather than using a filter to only pick the users in the Users OU. Everything was still fine but we have one conflict. A public folder had the same name as a user and thus had the same email address. We are getting the event:Event ID: 9514 Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Description: Two objects in the Directory have the same proxy - /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName1]/CN=[Object1] and /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName2]/CN=[Object2] I deleted the public folder b...

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise Cal ? #2
Hello Everyone, I know the upgrade process from exchange 2000 standard to enterprise seems pretty straight forward. However, I have a cal question. Are my standard cals still good with this upgrade. Say I have right now standard 2000 with 30 cals. If I upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise with 25 cals to pass the 16mb limitation. Would I then only have the 25 cals or 55 total cals? Thanks ...

How to realize communication problem?
Hello everybody. I am working on a project in which I read/write data via rs-232 from/to my Windows application to/from an microcontroller. Now, my boss wants me to write a library which he can use for different microcontrollers. This library should store any changes of data. So the desired microcontroller should just be able to pick up the data. You can think of it this way: Me, representing the Windows application, put a sheet of information into a drawer. A buddy of mine, (representing a microcontroller) can go to the drawer an pick up the sheet for further treatment. So, my quest...

OWA problems #6
Users from outside the firewall can logon succesfully into OWA interface, their mailbox opens, but in the reading pane the only message is "loading..." Also no other functions of OWA interface seems to work (new, contacts...) as well as log off button. However if I try to access OWA from inside the company everything is fine. Windows 2000 Server SP4 Exchange 2003 SP1 On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:33:14 -0700, "Ducukm0" <Ducukm0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Users from outside the firewall can logon succesfully into OWA interface, >their mailbox opens, but in t...

Exchange 5.5 <-> Exchange 2000 cannot rebuild ADC
I have two servers, one is Exchange 5.5, one is Exchange 2000. They are normally connected via the ADC. However, occasionally, these servers will lose sync, and the only previous recourse was a reboot, and a rebuilding of the ADC. Required a bit of extra "manpower", but it got the job done. So, we went through and tried it again to fix a problem, and now we cannot get the ADC back up. When I try to set the destination or source for the ADC to place/get information to/from the Exchange 5.5 system, I get the following error: "The Exchange server specified does not meet the...

Problems getting to server?
I have a customer who is saying that if he tries to get to a email server I am running, he can't get to it on the 1st attempt using Outlook Express. He has to browse to a web page that I am hosting, view that page. Then open OE, and his email will work fine. Has anyone heard of this, and have any solutions? Thanks, Steve Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=Internet...

MDI childframe problems
To create a maximized mdi child frame I tried this: BOOL CChildFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { if( !CMDIChildWnd::PreCreateWindow(cs) ) return FALSE; if (IsWindow(m_hWnd)) { ShowWindow(SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED); } return TRUE; } The window is opened maximized but the minimize/maximize/close buttons are missing. When I open a 2nd document and click on windows | tile the behaviour turns back to normal. Can someone tell what's wrong here? cs.style |= WS_MAXIMIZE didn't work either. It's opened in normal size. TIA, Hans Do this in ActivateFrame: void CChildFrame...

Format for Flashcards for MS Word & PPS 2003
Can anyone help me in sending me a Flashcard template so as to learn Chinese Characters, Pinyin, English. Compatible with MS Word 2003 & Power Point 2003. Any Tips or Ticks or general Knowledge in this area to improve learning through Flash Cards is more than Welcome. ...

Trail Version of Exchange
Hello I have installed and i am test the trail verion of Exchange (180 days) How do i check how many days i have left, as i cannot remember when i installed this Thanks Andy One way to do this would be to fire up ADSIEdit and find out when the Exchange Server object was created in your Exchange Org in the Configuration naming context. Perhaps there are other ways as well, including app. event log... -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Andrew" <not@home.com> ...

Outlook 2003
Just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Everything seems to be working OK !! BUT ! On the Outlook Today screen no images are shown. If I go into the customise option, there are no images shown for the various styles. Also any changes I make in Outlook today options are not saved.. Any Ideas ??? ...

MS Exchange Information Store service cannot start automatically
Hello, I installed SBS2003 and setup MS Exchange server. But, the MS Exchange sever cannot start when the sever is rebooted, since the MS Exchange Information Store service failed with the following error: ------------------------------------------------------------ Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 5000 Date: 3/27/2004 Time: 7:56:12 AM User: N/A Computer: MAIL Description: Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. Error 0x80004005. For more information, click http://www...

configuring exchange to accept maill from a different domain name...
We are setting up a subsidiary company having a completely differnt domain name. Once our new domain name is registered and our provider has created an MX record for this new domain, what needs to be configured on the Exchange server to accept email from this new domain? Thanks, Brad if Exchange 2000/2003, you need to create a recipient policy...see these: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285136/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318072/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message news:e21waZZWGHA.4212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl.....