Problem with Public Folders #3

I hope someone can help me with this.

I had an Exchange 2000 server and added an Exchange 2003 server and migrated
over all of the mailboxes.

At some point, something happened and I was no longer able to modify the
security / rights in the public folders like I used to be able to.  I could
set up new folders and I'm able to modify those, but not the old ones.

I've since uninstalled the Exchange 2000 server, hoping that would solve the
problem.  It didn't.  I reinstalled Exchange 2003 over the current, and that
didn't help either.

If I am in Outlook and right click properties on the public folder, and then
click summary I get a message that says "The summary tab could not be
displayed.  The client operation failed"

At the server end of things, when I try to expand the public folders, I get:
"Could not locate the root folder.  Ensure that your default virtual server
is running and it is configured correctly.  If you have used the IIS
Lockdown or URL Scanning Security tools on your server, go to
http://support.microsoft.com for more information about running these tools.
ID no:  C103b405 Exchange System Manager.

I've searched on this error, found KB Q284200.  I've tried following the
directions, but perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

TO use ADSI Edit, I click run and type "MMC", then I add ADSI Edit, click on
it and connect to the domain.

I cannot find cn=configuration, so therefore, I cannot get to the rest of
the stuff.

Could someone please give me some guidance here?

Thank you very much!

0
nospam9396 (22)

"Glenn" <nospam@gmail.com> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>I cannot find cn=configuration, so therefore, I cannot get to the rest of
>the stuff.
>
>Could someone please give me some guidance here?

When you "Connect", pick "Configuration" from the "Select a well-known
naming context" drop-down list.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Any suggestions on the overall problem?

Thanks.
> "Glenn" <nospam@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [ snip ]
>
>>I cannot find cn=configuration, so therefore, I cannot get to the rest of
>>the stuff.
>>
>>Could someone please give me some guidance here?
>
> When you "Connect", pick "Configuration" from the "Select a well-known
> naming context" drop-down list.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
nospam9396 (22)
11/26/2006 8:46:55 PM
I'm not sure if this helps anyone with my problem, but I am trying to use
PFAVADMIN.

When I run it and look at System Configuration under System Folders, I still
see my old e-mail server listed under items, in addition to the new one.

Not sure how to get rid of it.

When I try to repair roles I get "Exception:  The remote server returned an
error:  (401) Unauthorized."
"Glenn" <nospam@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I followed your directions, which worked.  The KB directions, however, did
>not.
>
> Any suggestions on the overall problem?
>
> Thanks.
> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message
>> "Glenn" <nospam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> [ snip ]
>>
>>>I cannot find cn=configuration, so therefore, I cannot get to the rest of
>>>the stuff.
>>>
>>>Could someone please give me some guidance here?
>>
>> When you "Connect", pick "Configuration" from the "Select a well-known
>> naming context" drop-down list.
>>
>> --
>> Rich Matheisen
>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
>> Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com
>> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com
>> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com
>> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
nospam9396 (22)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Microsoft Publisher Greeting Card Contest 2004 #3
Yes, it is that time! Put your best ideas together and create a greeting card with Microsoft Publisher for your chance to win a copy of Microsoft Office 2003 Professional! For more details, check out the following link: http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=103 Submit your entries to: contest@publishermvps.com. All entries must be submitted by December 17, 2004. All entries will be converted to Publisher 98 format by me before uploading so that more users may be able to open the files. I will also retain the original file format offline. If you have any questions, please let us kn...

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

Exmerge-type Public Folder utility?
Does anyone know of an Exmerge-type utility that would allow me to export PF items to a PST? We've got some overly large folders I would like to back up or delete items from. I don't want to go through the Outlook client. Thanks You can also age/expire PF posts rather than deleting manually. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "ZLorca" <zlorca2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:dik0db0mr4@news1.newsguy.com... > Does anyone know of an Exmerge-type utility that would allow me to export > PF items to a PST? We've got some over...

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

Email a publication
I am trying to email a publication. I have Outlook 2007 and Publisher 2007 but I continue to get the message "Publisher cannot complete the operation". Help! -- lindafromva If you've created the publication in publisher, it's best to convert it to a PDF before sending - if the person you're emailing doesn't have Publisher (alot of folks don't), they won't be able to open it. Convert to a PDF using Adobe, then attach it to your email. That should work. "Lindafromva" wrote: > I am trying to email a publication. I have Outlook 2007 and Pu...

Excel formulas #3
I am using a workday fomula to fill in dates across my spreadsheet. The formula also removes holidays. I need to include Saturdays as a workday. How can I accomplish this? =B1+SMALL(IF((WEEKDAY(B1+(ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&10))))={2,3,4,5,6,7})* ISNA(MATCH(B1+(ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&10))),holidays,0)),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&10))),1) this is an arry formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "aviationmech" <aviationmech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D014DA1C-4B9F-4285-8C28-C804362521...

outlook web access redirect problem

CRM 3.0 and eMail from Outlook
I have a problem I need help solving. The has to do with the Outlook add-in for CRM 3.0 and email. When I get an email that I want to track in history for CRM, I select track in CRM and a reference item. THis part seems to work fine except that it puts the email in my "Assigned" My work queue. I can not delete this item from the queue without it also deleting it from the history for the specified reference. I can not mark it complete. How can I get it out of the queues while leaving it in the history? I have seen other remarks in the news group regarding this but never a r...

Problem after sorting

IF AND problem