Problem viewing public folder in Exchange System Manager

Hi,

I receive the following error message when trying to expand the Public
Folder tree in the Exchange System Manager.  The error message takes about 2
minutes to pop up , with the hour glass displaying up to that point.

"an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"
Facility: Win32
ID no: c0072746
Exchange System Manager

There is no information anywhere on this error message as far as I can find,
though I have seen it posted as a problem on other news groups with without
http://forums.msexchange.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=19;t=000143
for more postings.

This is a fresh install of Exchange Server 2003 on a Win2003 server.  About
a week ago, expanding this folder tree worked fine.

The Outlook clients can still reach the public folders just fine, and can
add are remove folders at will.

I would very much appreciate any help you have on this matter.

Best,

Whit

0
microsoft

Is Outlook installed on the same machine in which you are attempting to
access PF information via ESM? I remember reading somewhere that if Outlook
and ESM are running on the same workstation problems arise, I can't seem to
find an article about that though.

"microsoft" <whitk//at//signalquest//dot//com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I receive the following error message when trying to expand the Public
> Folder tree in the Exchange System Manager.  The error message takes about
2
> minutes to pop up , with the hour glass displaying up to that point.
>
> "an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"
> Facility: Win32
> ID no: c0072746
> Exchange System Manager
>
> There is no information anywhere on this error message as far as I can
find,
> though I have seen it posted as a problem on other news groups with
without
> http://forums.msexchange.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=19;t=000143
> for more postings.
>
> This is a fresh install of Exchange Server 2003 on a Win2003 server.
About
> a week ago, expanding this folder tree worked fine.
>
> The Outlook clients can still reach the public folders just fine, and can
> add are remove folders at will.
>
> I would very much appreciate any help you have on this matter.
>
> Best,
>
> Whit

0
Megan
6/14/2004 3:06:15 PM
AFAIK, you have to have IIS services running (I forgot which one specifically)
to see PFs in ESM. See
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=98e45481-1458-4809-97d6-50d8aeebd8a1&displaylang=en

for details.

--
Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
http://spf.pobox.com

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

Exmerge-type Public Folder utility?
Does anyone know of an Exmerge-type utility that would allow me to export PF items to a PST? We've got some overly large folders I would like to back up or delete items from. I don't want to go through the Outlook client. Thanks You can also age/expire PF posts rather than deleting manually. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "ZLorca" <zlorca2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:dik0db0mr4@news1.newsguy.com... > Does anyone know of an Exmerge-type utility that would allow me to export > PF items to a PST? We've got some over...

Trying to remove the last Exchange 5.5 server from my site
I ran the exchange administrator from my 2003 exchange server and tried to delete the 5.5 server. I get an error message: "Extension 'MSFB' could not be loaded". Has anyone seen this? Thanks, Rusty http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450&Product=ech E "Rusty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:367e01c3aa25$d8731b40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I ran the exchange administrator from my 2003 exchange > server and tried to delete the 5.5 server. I get an error > message: "Extension 'MSFB'...

Exchange 2003 #6
How do I save the messages on my Exchange (20030 Server rather than the workstations??? ...

problem #4

Can an activity be created and managed by a Team Member?
Hello, I was thinking that TM where allowed to create and manage activities because in the Security Team Member Group the “Create New Proposal or Activity” box is checked. But when trying it, a problem occurred. They are allowed to fill the Summary Information for a new activity, but after clicking on the save button, nothing appear in the Proposal and Actities view, neither in the project Center. Looking at it from an administrator account the activities do exist but are not visible for the TM who created them. So what’s the problem? ...

Microsoft exchange server #2
I reinstalled Microft Office due to hard drive problems. Now it is asking for "Microsoft Exchange server" and "Mailbox". What do I put in "Microsoft Exchange server" box? What do I put in "Mailbox" box? acanduds@hotmail.com Dick <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I reinstalled Microft Office due to hard drive problems. > Now it is asking for "Microsoft Exchange server" > and "Mailbox". > What do I put in "Microsoft Exchange server" box? > What do I put in "Mailbox" box? Were ...

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Oulook Clients Keep Disconnecting from Exchange server
I have a remote location that has a few Outlook clients that are complaining that they keep going into offline mode or get cannot connect to the Exchange server, or get login/pass boxes in Outlook. I don't seem to have this problem with the rest of the network and since the users in question are still logged into the domain and have access to all their shared resources from the server and can still connect to the Internet I can only assume this is an Outlook - Exchange issue. If the users close outlook and re-open it that sometimes works for a bit, same with logging out and back in again...

Cell Format

Any way to view users passwords in server 2003 AD ?
Is there any way to view users passwords in Server 2003 AD ? We run a server 2003 SP2 domain, us Administrators have a list of all users password on a spreadsheet, locked up. We need their passwords in the event we must sign onto their computers as an admin while they are away, we log back into the computer with their user name/password when done. You would be surprised how many people "do not" look at the user name when they log on - we had panic --- I can not log in, we go to their desktop and the user name is that of one of the administrators - user did not look. ...

Email a publication
I am trying to email a publication. I have Outlook 2007 and Publisher 2007 but I continue to get the message "Publisher cannot complete the operation". Help! -- lindafromva If you've created the publication in publisher, it's best to convert it to a PDF before sending - if the person you're emailing doesn't have Publisher (alot of folks don't), they won't be able to open it. Convert to a PDF using Adobe, then attach it to your email. That should work. "Lindafromva" wrote: > I am trying to email a publication. I have Outlook 2007 and Pu...