Problem sending smtp mail to some domains

Hi

I have windows 2003 Server SP 1 with Exchange Server 2003, the mail server
is configured to only send smtp mail. I can send mail to some domains, but
other domain return smtp error message (5.5.0 or 4.4.1 or 5.7.1) but if i use
an external mailbox (hotmail, gmail, yahoo) i can send the same mail to same
smtp address.

can anyone help me.

Thank you

Regards

0
Rafael (25)

check your e-mail header from your exchange system. it is possible that you
do not have a reverse pointer record in DNS for the IP your mail is coming
from.

The IP you mail is coming from may not be the same as you the IP that your
MX is pointed to which is fine but you need to find out if the IP is
different or the same then check the IP that mail is coming from and see if
it has a reverse pointer many domains now block based on reversed pointer
not being in place. this is very common.

dnsstuff.com and www.dnsreport.com are very helpful websites in checking you
e-mail configuration from the outside.
"Rafael" <Rafael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have windows 2003 Server SP 1 with Exchange Server 2003, the mail server
> is configured to only send smtp mail. I can send mail to some domains, but
> other domain return smtp error message (5.5.0 or 4.4.1 or 5.7.1) but if i
> use
> an external mailbox (hotmail, gmail, yahoo) i can send the same mail to
> same
> smtp address.
>
> can anyone help me.
>
> Thank you
>
> Regards

0
mitch3952 (134)
6/30/2006 9:32:57 PM
check your e-mail header from your exchange system. it is possible that you
do not have a reverse pointer record in DNS for the IP your mail is coming
from.

The IP you mail is coming from may not be the same as you the IP that your
MX is pointed to which is fine but you need to find out if the IP is
different or the same then check the IP that mail is coming from and see if
it has a reverse pointer many domains now block based on reversed pointer
not being in place. this is very common.

dnsstuff.com and www.dnsreport.com are very helpful websites in checking you
e-mail configuration from the outside.
"Rafael" <Rafael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have windows 2003 Server SP 1 with Exchange Server 2003, the mail server
> is configured to only send smtp mail. I can send mail to some domains, but
> other domain return smtp error message (5.5.0 or 4.4.1 or 5.7.1) but if i
> use
> an external mailbox (hotmail, gmail, yahoo) i can send the same mail to
> same
> smtp address.
>
> can anyone help me.
>
> Thank you
>
> Regards

0
mitch3952 (134)
6/30/2006 9:32:57 PM
Thank you a Lot

"mitch Roberson" wrote:

> check your e-mail header from your exchange system. it is possible that you
> do not have a reverse pointer record in DNS for the IP your mail is coming
> from.
>
> The IP you mail is coming from may not be the same as you the IP that your
> MX is pointed to which is fine but you need to find out if the IP is
> different or the same then check the IP that mail is coming from and see if
> it has a reverse pointer many domains now block based on reversed pointer
> not being in place. this is very common.
>
> dnsstuff.com and www.dnsreport.com are very helpful websites in checking you
> e-mail configuration from the outside.
> "Rafael" <Rafael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I have windows 2003 Server SP 1 with Exchange Server 2003, the mail server
> > is configured to only send smtp mail. I can send mail to some domains, but
> > other domain return smtp error message (5.5.0 or 4.4.1 or 5.7.1) but if i
> > use
> > an external mailbox (hotmail, gmail, yahoo) i can send the same mail to
> > same
> > smtp address.
> >
> > can anyone help me.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Regards

0
Rafael (25)

Some e-mail recipients report "winmail.dat" instead of attachments
Hello, our customer of CRM 4.0 reports different behavior with following 2 scenarios of sending an e-mail: Scenario A: An e-mail is created and sent from Outlook. Then it is tracked in CRM from the "Sent" folder clicking on the "Track in CRM" button. Scenario B: An e-mail is created in Outlook, tracked in CRM clicking the "Track in CRM" button in the Outlook e-mail form and THEN sent to the recipient. Both scenarios give different results on recipient's side with non-Microsoft e-mail client. In scenario A the recipient could see the attachments correc...

Mail Merge adding attachments
Hi all, I would like to know if there is any way to do a mail merge by email adding attachments to the email message. I've tried adding the attachments as objects inside the Word merge document, but it doesn't work. Could anybody help me with this? Thank you very much. M´┐Żnica ...

Domain Controller Names Only
I want to output the list of domain controllers names ONLY to a word document, how can we achieve this? Get-ADDomainController cmdlet provides lot of information of which i am only intrested in name attribute, how i can limit what attributes needs to be included in the output? Hi Kate, Lots of different ways to do that, this should get you started: Get-ADDomainController | Select-Object Name Get-ADDomainController | Format-List Name Get-ADDomainController | Format-Table Name Get-ADDomainController | %{ $_.Name } Which is most appropriate depends on the format you&...

Microwsoft outlook default email sending phantom messages
When I open Microwsoft Outlook it indicates it is sending 1 of 1 email however there is no email in outbox how do I clear this? What version of Outlook are you using? Have you looked at this article? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Escotia" <Escotia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCCABECD-C7FB-4498-AB3E-F...

Problems with Exchange 5.5 on windows 2000 Active Directory migration to Exchange 2003
Hi All I hope that someone out there can help me. I have an exchange 5.5 system sitting on a windows 2000 server Active directory server. I have installed a new windows 2003 server with exchange 2003 as the messaging platform. I have gone through the prep for windows 2000, moved all the roles, joined the domain and that all worked out great. The problem is that when I run the exchange migration wizard I get the following error: Unable to logon to the server. Please verify the server name, port, user name and password. I believe that this is a problem relating to the LDAP port (3...

Outlook 2003
I have a third party html broadcast editor. I am able to send an html email out to hotmail, yahoo, etc. and the html is shown correctly and display in the body of the email. However, when I send it to myself at work (Outlook 2003), it doesn't show up in the body of the email, it shows up as an attachment (untitled attachment), which i then have to double-click to open and then in that email body, the html is displayed properly... yahoo and hotmail display everything fine but not our internal network... running exch 5.5 btw. any ideas or suggestions? ...

Having e-mail from an additional domain come in to my existing exchange server
I am running exchange5.5 for windowsNT 4.0. I want to configure a second domain to my existing exchange server so that people can send and receive e-mail from both the domains. Note: I have already pointed the mx record to the second domains Ip address. ...

A problem on Click()
Dear all, I have a form "F" on which there is a command button "B" and a textboxe "T". "S" is another string variable defined somewhere else outside the form. I want to have the value of the cell A1 in the sheet where its name is given in S changed to the value of T, what should I write in sub B_Click()? (For example, if "S" contains "Sheet1" while "T" contains "ABC", then I want Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = "ABC".) I don't know how to pass the value in "...

Contents of Windows Mail folders disappeared. Help please....
Hi.... I use Windows Mail on Vista Home Premium; and a POP3 email client (a small regional company...not a well-known one). On my Windows Mail page I have about 30 folders where I click and drag messages I want to keep long-term or short-term. I have a new iPod Touch and am learning how to set it up for email etc. There is no email program set up on this iPod yet. While the iPod was plugged into the computer, I was browsing Windows Mail menus. I opened the tools menu and I accidently hit "Synchronize All". All the messages in my Windows Mail folder disappeare...

Money 2000 windows 98 security settings problem
When I try to start money 2000, I get a messages that says "There is a problem with your windows security settings. Money can not open a data file, or create a new file. Let money help you fix this problem." When you click to get the help suggested, you are instructed to find "rsabase.dll" and note it's location, which I did, then go to run and enter "regsvr32c:\windows\system\rsabase.dll" which I did, but I get a response that says "unable to open this internet shortcut, The protocol regsvr32c does not have a registered program. So I am stuck...

apostrophe problem
Following on from an earlier query... I have a spreadsheet (Excel 2000 SR1) that uses concatenation to create a full filepath per row, each row representing a cell in a spreadsheet. The concatenatation formula (in formula bar) is: ="="&A1&B1&C1&D1&E1&F1&G1&I1 This shows ='T:\PROMPT\8010-Astronomy\SDR000Z-PPARC\[SDR8200.xls]Monthly Summary'!$O$13 in the cell. When I copy the cell and paste special/values into the next cell I get this in the formula bar '='T:\PROMPT\8010-Astronomy\SDR000Z-PPARC\[SDR8200.xls]Monthly Summary'!$O$13 I ...

Synchronization problems
I have some strange problems with a synchronization setup. I've used offline sync before, but never seen anything like this. I'm running Outlook on a desktop that is part of the corporate network and also on a laptop running Windows XP Home, with VPN connected to the corporate network. On the desktop, Outlook gets messages coming into the inbox, but they disappear when the laptop is running Outlook. The laptop shows a full inbox whether in offline or connected mode. Any ideas how to correct this would be most appreciated. Thanks Mike Thanks - but I found and fixed the ...

Internet Mail Service Queues #2
Hello- NT 4.0 Server SP6 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 When I look at the Internet Mail Service Queues I see my test emails to another email account of mine still sitting in the Outbound Messages Awaiting Conversion although I have already received the message. When I click on the details of my message it states for a retry immediate, but I have yet to receive a second email, but am wondering if I have already received the message why is it still in the queue? Thanks for any insight anyone may be able to provide. It could glitch when updating queue.dat. Stop IMS, rename that file, start ...

WHERE ARE MY MAILS?
Hi again, A couple of weeks ago, my Win XP Home computer crashed becaused of an ailing 1 year old hard drive. Since then, I seem to lose all the previous OE e-mails. When I use Norton AV2004 to scan for viruses there are none. The scan shows there are lots of files in my old hard drive but I don't know how to get into those files. I did get into C:\WINDOWS, etc. but I still can't locate OE. Do I need to learn about editting Windows Registry? I would appreciate your help and guidance. -- Hoa leth5591<removethis>@nosgmail.com.invalid "Beer is living proof that God lov...

New Mail Notification, But No New Mail
I have users running Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 Pro SP4. Suddenly, people are getting new mail notifications, but there is nothing in their Inbox. This is happening to 5-10 users. I have checked to see if they have rules setup. I have also looked to see if the mail is getting caught by the spam filter. Some users even say that they quickly see the message come into their Inbox, but then it dissappears and they don't know where it goes. Any ideas on how I can approach the troubleshooting of this problem? Thanks. ...

printing problems #4
I have a 2 page newsletter that will not print - as if the fileis to big. I have had this problem consitently with publisher but I have solved this problem by saving the pages into different files but this is not working this time. Each page only has around 8 text boxes and one photo per page. I have even tried simplifying the format with no change. HELP A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from sam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I have a 2 page newsletter that will not print - as if > the fileis to big. What error messages do...

Worksheet Problem
I have a excel doc that has 4 tabs(sheets) named AIX, HPUX, Windows Other. Each sheet is a listing of all our servers of each type and th relevant info on each (hostname, location, version, vendor, dat purchased, etc..). Each sheet is also auto-filtered on the top row b these categories. I would like to add a 5th sheet called "All" that list's all of ou servers on one sheet. Is there a way to create this sheet so i automatically gets it's data from the other sheets and is updated whe the others are updated? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I th...

O98 deltetes mail at server but dose not downlode them
Hi, my outlook 98 deletes the mail at my pop3 server but dose not download them. So I'm losing my mail. Any ideas? Stefan Do you have any Rules Wizard rules that might be moving/deleting messages automatically? "Stefan Huber" <shuber@tunau.de> wrote in message news:OoGPhm1ZDHA.2960@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > my outlook 98 deletes the mail at my pop3 > > server but dose not download them. So I'm > > losing my mail. > > Any ideas? ...

log on to and owa problem
hi, if I go to user properties of a user in active directory and to account -> log on to I have to specify the server where owa is running on too as a computer where user is allowed to log on. otherwise users cannot access owa. is this by design or am I missing a setting? Not a default setting. Sounds like a Group Policy, you might want to review the current policies applied. Without defining the logon to computer, have a user access OWA by the IP address of the Exchange server (http://192.168.1.1/exchange). "USER 1" wrote: > hi, > > if I go to user properties...

Windows Mail Contacts 12-28-09
How can I import from my Yahoo email account the contacts to Window Mail contacts? -- JKW48383 log on to your Yahoo webmail. click on Contacts click on Tools - Export select the Yahoo CSV: export now save the file. In Windows Mail, File - Import - Windows Contacts select CSV click on Import find the file you saved previously -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "JKW48383" <JKW48383@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:743B15B7-C659-4E6E-B7FD-2BF8B087598B@microsoft.com... > ...

Access 97 to 2000 conversion problems 08-20-03
Hi, I have a database (based in access 97) which is accessed across multi-sites on a 'read only' basis. One site has now upgraded to 2000, however they can no longer access the database. I think the problem is that access 2000 will automatically offer them the opportunity to upgrade the database to access 2000 under normal circumstances, however because the users only have read-only access this creates an error messsage. Does anyone know a work around whereby the access 2000 users can access the db on read- only without me giving them full permissions. Thanks Tom ...

limits of how many people i can send an email to ?
Hi group, I have office 2003 and I would like to know to how many people I can write with the "To" field of a message. Is there any limits ? Where can i found this information ? Thanks in advance for any help, Best regards, S. Contact the folks that run your mail server and ask what the recipient limit is. (Generally you hit this first before finding the limit in Outlook.) <timor.super@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177493003.170090.251320@b40g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hi group, > > I have office 2003 and I would like to know to how many people I can &g...

Exchange2k OWA IIS problem
Howdy, I have an Exchange 2000 Server running on a Windows 2000 Server used for QA and Development work. Most of my users use the OWA (Outlook Web Access) interface to get their email / appointments, etc... The was working fine until... our IT group sent us a note stating that we had to remove .printer from "Application Mappings". So, one of the people in the lab went to Default Web Site Properties -> Home Directory tab -> Configuration button -> App Mappings tab They selected the .printer mapping and clicked remove My guess is that they then clicked OK, and Apply, and the...

Problem: Email Body becomes attachment in Text-only email client
We recently noticed CRM emails read via our University's web-based, text-only email client have the message body show up as an "unknown" attachment. This requires the student to open this attachment to read the email. It didn't always work this way, so I am trying to figure out if this is related to the upgrade from version 3 to 4 of CRM, a later rollup, or an "upgrade" to the University's text-only web-based email client? The email is viewable just fine is email client's that support html rendering. Anyone else seen this before? Any ideas on how ...

Outlook 2002 sends blank body emails #2
Hi All, I've been having this problem on and off for a couple of months. The frustrating thing about it that it only happens on a few emails and I don't seem to be able to replicate the issue on demand. Problem. When sending and replying to an email the body of the email is sent blank. It is sent thru to the recipient as blank and also appears in my sent items as blank. I send my emails as HTML through an exchange server. I'm using Outlook 2002 SP-2 (10.4712.4219) and Windows 2000 Professional. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Regard gibby157 ...