Private Folder problems on Exchange 2000

Can anyone help with this strange behaviour of Exchange 2000 on
Windows 2000 server, clients using Outlook 2000.

System boots and Exchange Server runs but on two users (UserA, UserB)
on opening Outlook the Outlook Today folder is not expanded and if
clicked to expand an error message UNABLE TO EXPAND THE FOLDER
APPEARS.

Both users can see full information if Web Access is used.

In UserB's case he cannot open his list at all but UserA sees all his
folders beginning with the letters A and B.

UserA has approx. 300 folders and UserB has approx. 500

Additionally there has been an ongoing problem whereby UserC and UserD
cannot delete certain messages. In UserC's case it is messages
beginning with L primarily. If they move the messages to a folder
called CRAP for instance then they can delete the folder, however if
the messages go into the Deleted Items they are stuck as obviously
they cannot delete that folder.

The Exchange database and program files are not visible on the system
data volume (D:) though whether this is a seperate or related issue I
am not sure.
This is the case even when logged in as administrator.

Any help/hints would be appreciated greatly!

Best Regards
James Cameron

jamescameron999@hotmail.com (James Cameron) wrote:

>Can anyone help with this strange behaviour of Exchange 2000 on
>Windows 2000 server, clients using Outlook 2000.
>
>System boots and Exchange Server runs but on two users (UserA, UserB)
>on opening Outlook the Outlook Today folder is not expanded and if
>clicked to expand an error message UNABLE TO EXPAND THE FOLDER
>APPEARS.
>
>Both users can see full information if Web Access is used.
>
>In UserB's case he cannot open his list at all but UserA sees all his
>folders beginning with the letters A and B.
>
>UserA has approx. 300 folders and UserB has approx. 500
>
>Additionally there has been an ongoing problem whereby UserC and UserD
>cannot delete certain messages. In UserC's case it is messages
>beginning with L primarily. If they move the messages to a folder
>called CRAP for instance then they can delete the folder, however if
>the messages go into the Deleted Items they are stuck as obviously
>they cannot delete that folder.
>
>The Exchange database and program files are not visible on the system
>data volume (D:) though whether this is a seperate or related issue I
>am not sure.
>This is the case even when logged in as administrator.
>
>Any help/hints would be appreciated greatly!

I think I'd start by making a full backup of the databases. Then
dismount the pricvate information store and run ESEUTIL /D on it. When
that finishes, run "isinteg -s <server> -fix -test alltests" TWICE.
Then remount the dataase and see if the problems are gone. If they
aren't, create new MAPI profiles for the users and see if that fixes
the problem.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

does Outlook 2000 work with Windows 7
Contacts won't work, says its missing a file, WAB.DLL Outlook2k is not Vista compatible either, nor is there any continued MS Support http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm for some workarounds "Patricia" <Patricia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1081478-9BDA-4B7D-B2FA-8F0A00D30EF0@microsoft.com... > Contacts won't work, says its missing a file, WAB.DLL > > ...

Outlook Exchange Duplicate Mailboxes
I have noticed that in my Outlook 2003 client, I have duplicate mailboxes. This client is connected to my Exchange 2000 server. The contents of the mailboxes are identical. One appears to be the mirror image of the other. The properties of the folders are identical, if I right click and click Properties. When I first got Outlook 2003 and hooked it up to my Exchange Server, the default setting to Synchronize was turned on. When I realized what it was doing, I turned it off. Everything else seems to be working properly. I can not close the second mailbox. Any ideas or help would be appr...

Can you audit Public Folders?
We use a calendar within PFs to schedule a conference room. Many people have edit rights to it and invariably meetings are changed that shouldn't be and the end result is an unhappy customer. Is there a way I can audit changes made to this calendar? I looked through ESM and toggled a bunch of diagnostic logging categories for PFs but am not getting the data I need. Thanks in advance for the help. ...

working folder
I would like to direct the "startup working folder" to a computer on the server that is sharing its documents. The path is Z:\documents and settings\all users\shared documents but the program doesn't allow me to point there due to the spaces (I guees) in the folder names. Any suggestions? David When you say >but the program doesn't allow me .... is "the program" referring to Excel? The menu option >Tools >Options >General will allow you to set the default file location, and if that's the case you should be able to enter spaces in the f...

Outlook Contact and Outlook Calendar folders created in each new folder
Has anyone seen the issue where an Outlook Contact and an Outlook Calendar folder is created in each new folder? You should probably explain what you mean. No one can tell. Don't be afraid to include relevant details when you do. Don't make us guess at things. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <russkarp@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170362449.281412.213960@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Has anyone seen the issue where an Outlook Contact and an Outlook > Calendar folder is created in each new folder? > On Feb 1, 4:21 pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]&qu...

how to create the postmaster@[IP Address] email address in exchange server 2003 ?
Hi, I try to create the postmaster@[ip address] email, but exchange server 2003 doesn't allow me to put the bracket in the address. so I can create this email address : postmaster@111.222.333.444, without any bracket. how to resolve the problem ? thanks. Jerome. ok I've found this article: http://www.msexchange.org/articles/Exchange_2000_PostmasterIP_And_AbuseIP_Mailboxes.html and this works also for exchange server 2003 "J�j�" <willgart@_A_hAotmail_A_.com> a �crit dans le message de news:OKR9YqN5DHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I try to crea...

Changing the default folder when inserting files.
Does anybody know how to change the default folder Outlook opens when inserting files? I have already tried the registry with no luck. Thanks. you can change the default folder - use the places bar to select the folder you want. http://www.poremsky.com/p/places_bar.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Kristin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Appointments in 2003 and 2000
I have a client's calendar shared with me and we were both using Outlook 2000 but he's recently upgraded to 2003. Now his appointments no longer slot into my calendar, but rather they come as emails with a lot of coding in them and I have to decipher what's been sent to me and then update my version of his calendar. Does this mean that 2003 cannot slot appointments into 2000 version (I can still put appointments into mine and it updates perfectly into his)? Or, is there something we need to change. Seems a real shame if it cannot be done and an oversight by Microsoft - it's...

Exchange 2010 Database Size
I'm experimenting with Exch 2003 -> 2010 migration in my test lab, and I have a couple of questions: 1. The mailbox database is about 50 GB on disk in Exchange 2003. In Exchange 2010 it's over 100 GB! Is this normal? Is this because the page size has increased? 2. Since this database is over 100 GB, I'm inclined to break it up into smaller DBs. What's the best practice here? MS documentation now says Exchange 2010 can support DBs up to 2 TB (!) but I suspect that something much smaller is actually ideal. Suggestions? Thank you! Exchange 2010 no...

A problem with time...
I have written a program that keeps track of a large quantity of items, e.g. how long they have been in certain places, then updates a list display. I've noticed though that the computer it is running on has started /gaining/ time though - up to 10 minutes every hour ! I'm not doing anything to alter the time, but I am doing lots of calls at various intervals to get the current time, just using; CTime ct=CTime::GetCurrentTime(); I'm using timers rather than threads to run in the background and keep the main screen updated. I'm not killing my timers when the program is ...

Move 5.5 resource mailboxes to 2k3 public folders?
Hi, I'm currently migrating my existing Exchange 5.5 server to a new Exchange 2003 server. One thing I'm really trying to change from the previous setup is that instead of using resource mailboxes for aliases and shared calendars I want to use public folders instead. Now, I may be missing something simple here but I can't find a way to make this transfer. The 5.5 mailboxes have messages, calendar appointments, etc that have to survive the migration, so I can't just delete and start from scratch. Exmerge won't restore mail to a public folder (at least I can't make i...

Enhance the Favorite Folders
Favorite Folders are useful to a point. Something that I think would improve their usefullness would be that if you double clicked on the favorite folder the active location in the mail folders would go to that folder. I have a huge number of folders probably around 300 or more and it would save a great deal of clicking to be able to shortcut to the folder and then quickly navigate to the folders local to it. Thanks, Nigel ...

Problems moving Office from one Mac to another
Our office needs to move Office from an older machine to a newer one. Our version of Office 2004 is an upgrade, so we copied Office 98 to the OS9 Applications folder and did an install that seemed to work well. However, Entourage and Word will not launch. Excel and PowerPoint work fine, which may be because we don't have use for them. The error message from Entourage is very generic "Microsoft Entourage has encountered a problem and needs to close." You know, whatever the problem is, it doesn't really have anything to do with moving from one Mac to another. The upgrade ver...

public folder restore
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A3_01C3BB0D.6B5DBC60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 with all the current service packs. = Someone has deleted one of my public folders and I am trying to figure = out the least painless way to restore it. I have set up a test box with = Exchange on it, matching my original, and the original backup was done = with Veritas Backup Exec 8.5. Will the exmerge utility allow me to = restore a single public folder? I have used ...

Is private set dangerous?
When I began work tonight, my class looked like this: public class Plane3D { Vector3D _normal; double _constant; public Vector3D Normal { get { return _normal; } } public double Constant { get { return _constant; } } public Plane3D(Vector3D normal, double constant) { _normal = normal; _normal.Normalize(); this._constant = constant; } public Plane3D(Vector3D p0, Vector3D p1, Vector3D p2) { _normal = Vector3D.CrossProduct(p1 - p0, p2 - p0); _normal.Normalize(); _constant = Vector3D.DotProduct(_normal, p0); } public double DistanceTo(Vector3...

Problem: property sheet in release mode
I have a property sheet with two pages added and it is set in wizard mode. In debug version of the exe the sheet is showing both the pages and everything works fine. However, in release mode, the first page is shown correctly, but when user clicks on next button of the wizard, the application crashes. The same thing happens in the tab mode also. The first tab is shown properly and when user clicks on second tab, the application crashes(only in release mode). Kindly help vadi Put breakpoints at the following locations to determine the issue. Page1::OnWizardNext() Page2:...

mail downloads inti inbox as well as deleted items folder-how do i
-- have a great day jay wrote: See that big blank area in the webnew-for-dummies input form? That is where you put the details of your query. --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here is looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you don't well explain your situation by providing the DETAILS that you already know, don't expect others to know what is your situation. Explain YOUR computing environment and just what act...

Convert a Public Folder to a Distribution Group?
Is there a way to take an existing Public Folder in Exchange 2003 with SP1 and "convert" it to a Distribution Group, or is this impossible? I've been tasked with taking two Public Folders and making them into Distribution Groups. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks. On 22 Jan 2007 08:23:57 -0800, obrienjf@gmail.com wrote: >Is there a way to take an existing Public Folder in Exchange 2003 with >SP1 and "convert" it to a Distribution Group, or is this impossible? >I've been tasked with taking two Public Folders and making them into >Distribution Group...

Hide multiple users from Exchange Address Lists
Does anyone know how to hide several users from the Exchange address lists without having to open the properties of each user and selecting that option on the Exchange advanced tab? Thank you, Mitchel Is there anything that is common amongst all of those users yet differentiates them from the others? If so, you can modify the filter of your Address List to exclude them from the list. You can also use LDIFDE to set the attribute 'msExchHideFromAddressList' to True which will hide the users from the all address lists. "Mitchel Bone" <jmbone@cumberland.edu> wrote in ...

email folders in Project Center

Scripting Public Folder
Hi All, I have a few public folders that grow to 100,000 messages a month (server monitoring). Now I'd like to run a script that can remove all messages that are like two weeks old in a specific public folder. Is this easy to do? Thanks, Hello Gorge: A script might not be necessary. You should be able to use the PF age limits setting. I haven't used it myself, but it looks like it will fit your needs. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325548. -- Regards, M MCTS, MCSA http://SysAdmin-E.com "Gorge" <gorge@gorge.com> wrote in message n...

Upgrading database from 2.00 to 2.01 problem SOLVED
Recently, when trying to upgrade the RMS database from 2.00 to 2.01, I ran into a problem that I was surprised I found no posts or mention about anywhere I searched. Because of that, I wanted to post to the newsgroup in case anyone else ever has this problem: Despite Z-ing out and backing up the database, I was unable to upgrade the database from 2.00 to 2.01 in Administrator. I do not use integrated card processing (EDC), but use a standalone terminal for card transactions. Regardless, somehow, when first using RMS in 2005, presumably with the sample database, I managed to r...

Problem with Tax
This is frustrating and I have yet to get a solution on this. When you make up a work order and you are going to check out, but before you take a look at client's profile it looses all the tax and tag in tax one by one. What is going wrong why does it loose the tax field when you go to check info in clients file. Any help would be gratefull. Todd ...

date marked private is visible?!?
hi all! My client told me the following problem (they use ms outlook 2000, m exchange server): he has marked a date as private in his outlook calendar. his secretar has attached his mailbox into her outlook and she is able to look a his calendar because he put the user-permission to level2. now th problem: she is able to look at this private data. but why? thank you for helping! belex24 by the way: its not possible to use a search function over this forum isn't it? I can't see any button (I am using firefox on mac) -- belex2 --------------------------------------------------------...

System folders
I am unable to display the Sytem Folders on our Exchange 2003 server. I am in the System manager, I go to public folders and right click on them, click view system folders and nothing happens. When I right click on the public folder a second time my option than is to view Public folders. This is an Exchange 2003 server upgraded from 2000 on a Win 2k box. Thank you ...