priv1.edb question

Hi

Should the priv1.edb be updated constantly or is it once in awhile?

I'm showing the last update is Jan 20, 2006, but the E000*.log files are
up-to-date.

R Green

It's written to all the time.  The metadata doesn't get updated until you
close the file.

Dismount and mount your store and you'll notice that it updated.  Of course,
your users will notice that you dismounted and mounted the store.  I usually
disable lastaccessupdates on an Exchange Server anyway.  I know that the
system account, in the context of which the store.exe process runs, will be
constantly accessing the file.  For the smtp directories and log
directories, where files do get opened and closed more frequently, turning
them off can improve performance.  Turning off 8.3 name support is yet
another potential perfromance tweak.

"R Green" <[news}@wowsat.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Should the priv1.edb be updated constantly or is it once in awhile?
>
> I'm showing the last update is Jan 20, 2006, but the E000*.log files are
> up-to-date.
>
> R Green

0
fullbrij1 (373)

outlook client question
Is Outlook 2003 client included on the Exchange 2003 CD? Does the Echange client access license include the use of Outlook 2003? Thanks in advanced. Paul It is probably on a separate CD from Exchange. Yes, the Exchange 2003 CALs include Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Paul Edwards <paulded@NOSPAM.charter.net> asked: | Is Outlook 2003 client included on the Exch...

Archive Question
Hi, archived my transactions in Money 2004, I had tried to restore them using the method in the help file, but had so many duplicates I gave up. I have since up graded to 2006. I was wondering if its possible to restore these archived transactions into 2006 or if I'll have to reinstall 2004 and do it there? Also would like to know if you can restore the archive all at once or if you have to do it account by account. And lastly is there something I can do so I don't get all the duplicates? Both Canadian versions. Thank You. Joel In microsoft.public.money, Joel wrote: >...

Display question. #2
Right, seeing as i made a pigs ear of the first go, lets try again! Is there anywhere in Excel which shows me how many cells i have selected. I handle large amounts of data and it would be useful to see how many cells are selected without using formulas etc. thanks. While you're selecting, you can watch the namebox (to the left of the formula bar). After you're done selecting, you can rightclick on the bottom right of the statusbar (it looks embossed) and choose from a list. Count, Count Numbers But empty cells aren't included in those counts. maybe a command entered in th...

Questions for digital id
1) if i have a digital id, does it mean the receiver needs the same digital id from the same company? 2) what i have to do if i want to use a email account that has a digital id with more than one computer (one email account, 1 pc at work and the other at home)? do i need to do any setting or need to sign up the other id? thanks -- Alex 1) No. As long as you acquired the digital id from a well known authority (Verisign, Thawte, .etc) then they are fine. 2) You will need to export your public/private key from "Machine A" (don't delete the private key) and then install it...

Report Import Question
I am kinda a "newbie" to GP. How do you get around the issue of not being able to import a report package unless all users are out of GP? Is there some kind of trick here? I was told that you can change something or the report location and then copy it down, work on it and then copy it back to it's original location. What do I have to change? What is the recommended method? Joanne M Jacksonville, FL Hi Joanne, What you read is write, If your dictionary like Forms.dic, Reports.dic are in network locations and if others are logged into Great Plains then you cannot modify it....

Retreiving Information from priv1.edb
I have just rebuilt a customers site after a major crash, i have managed to retrieve the exchange database and need to get all the mail and info out of it, any pointers on the best and cheapest way to do it please. Not sure what you mean by "get all the mail out", but how about using Exmerge. You can extract all of the data to .PST files and then use Outlook to "get to" the data. The Exmerge program is free for download from Microsoft. Hope this helps. "Mark James" wrote: > I have just rebuilt a customers site after a major crash, i have managed to >...

need to import priv.edb into new exchange store
I recently was forced to re-format and relaod my server from ground up. The only thing that was salvageable was the .edb files. eseutil claims they are healthy, although there seems to be no way, that I can determine, to import the contents of the file into the new exchange mailbox store. HOW DO I DO THIS? (Can I do this?) There are 4gb of mail messages I need to get from this file. the file is from exchange server 2003, same 2003 as is currently running smoothly now. what about your .stm files. i believe you need thos too. "Dennis R" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Dim question
How do you reset a Dim so I can set it back to zero or 1? What are you trying to accomplish (i.e., what is the "it" you're trying to set back to 0 or 1?)? If the variable is a numeric or variant type, you can just use the assignment operator: a = 1 In article <zRDOc.1539$wz.155@fed1read01>, jay <libertysmith@blessa.com> wrote: > How do you reset a Dim so I can set it back to zero or 1? If you're still looking at the edit|Find or Replace stuff, there's one more reply at the original thread. jay wrote: > > How do you reset a Dim so I c...

A diff question to normal
I have a template in excel and need to insert a new picture into a specfic area each time I use the template. i thought I would get by by insertig a text box and then inserting the picture into it, but that does not happen. Any ideas Anthony Ehmm, a PictureBox maybe? "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:0E504E4D-77E0-49E8-B996-AA57B879739E@microsoft.com... >I have a template in excel and need to insert a new picture into a specfic > area each time I use the template. i thought I would get by by insertig a > text box and then inse...

Money 2006 question #2
I've just begun using Money 2006, and I have a question. I withdraw cash from an ATM on a regular basis. How do I itemize the expenditures of the withdrawn cash? Thanks. You could set up a 'cash' account. When you make an ATM withdrawal, transfer the money into this account. You can track spending from your withdrawn cash through this. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to...

Question about a search query (primary and Secondary search)
I have been tasked with going through a few people's PSTs in order to find word search matches for specific criteria. First I started by exporting the PST into Access format -it does a great job in creating the fields and populating the data, now I need to create a query in order to find the primary search match as in the table below i.e."house" -if I find "house" in one of the emails -then I would proceed and do a secondary search in the remaining of the other secondary search words i.e."man" "actual" "forbid" ,etc. Once that compl...

Passed exam 92%, and question
Hi Everyone, I passed my exam for RMS HQ today with a score of 92% And now i wonder, are there here any people from Holland? Because the organization where i passed my exam said they didn't see this exam much in Holland. Greetings, Raymond Bakker The Netherlands. Raymond, In Holland there is Retail Technology Nederland BV based in Assen. Their phone number is +31 (30) 601 3933. The person to speak to is Liesbeth. I'm Dutch too but based in the UK at Retail Technology Limited +44 845 450 4905. Regards, Eugenio "Raymond Bakker" wrote: > Hi Everyone, > >...

Question about the handle of dlg
I get a handle of window from a system application now, for example, the handle of the Clock Control in "Date and Time Properties". Can I create a new window(looks like the Clock Control) in my own application with this handle? How to? Thanks a lot. -- No..Its not possible "valkYrie" <zhao.tong@yellowsheepriver.com> wrote in message news:eRJAgQp7GHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I get a handle of window from a system application now, for example, the >handle of the Clock Control in "Date and Time Properties". > > Can I create a new ...

Defrag Priv1.stm
If I want to do a full defrag of my Priv1.stm AND Priv1.edb would I simply unmount the infostore and run the following: eseutil /d priv1.edb /spriv1.stm eseutil /d defragments the priv*.edb and the stm associated with it. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254132/ -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Bigtech Ron" <BigtechRon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:252628CE-BA5B-4DA7-99D7-1D8E0BA79FF6@microsoft.com... > If I want to do a full defrag of my Priv1.stm AND Priv1.edb would I ...

Question: Before you Buy
Hi All, Concerning the new Microsoft Money version, may be coming from Quicken Deluxe 2006. Question: For the newest version of Microsoft Money, does it support Direct Downloading from Banks? Question: For Backing up your Data Files that you are working with, does Microsoft Money support backing up to DVD Media that you can re-write to, like DVD+RW Disks that are pre-formatted with Nero's InCD program, so you can use the DVD Disks more than one time? -- thecreator In microsoft.public.money, thecreator wrote: > > > Question: For the newest version of M...

SQL apostrophe question
i have an insert into SQL issue where a user may be using an apostrophe and it's messing with the SQL. here's the code: strSQL = "insert into tblNewoptions (optiondesc, optionCode, AllocGroup) values('" & Me.txtboxOption & "'" & ", '" & Me.txtboxOptionCode & "'" & ", '" & Me.txtboxAllocGroup & "')" and here's the debug.print line from it: insert into tblNewoptions (optiondesc, optionCode, AllocGroup) values('Power Driver's Seat', 'AE8', '12...

priv1.stm, priv1.edb.
Okay, please keep in mind that I've turned E55 under NT4 inside and out. Really badly, of course. Just 800 seats, not enterprise scale, really.. I've now got like 4 small (~50 seat) exchange shops. I have no clue what the priv1.stm file does. I am very upset about how ignorant I am. Can anyone point me to a good description of what this file is -- and/or what the heck it does? I'm sick and tired of rumours of the interweb, eh? Any pointers to factual information would be greatly appreciated. My thanks -- and best wishes, -- Scott. -- ========================...

Several Questions :)
Hi If anyone can help with the following... 1) The totals on a sales report are totals of each column but this means that the margin total is not neccessarily the same as if it were worked out by adding and subtracting the other totals, is this correct? 2) Is there a report available showing purchases vs sales? 3) Can the top sellers report be filtered to show only matrix items? 4) Can monetary values be added to the stock report by store? 5) Can a report show cashier sales by date other than the current week/month/year to date? Thanks hi GAZ, Yes all things are possible, send me email a...

looping message that fills up exchange priv1
Right, here we go.. I have currently been asked to look after a third party exchange 2003 server,(which is fine,) but by the time I left on the second day of looking at their network their exchange server has dismounted due to lack of space. This is a company that has 10 employees and an exchange 2003 server. When I look through the general settings for mailboxes's the total of users is about 500 MB. The physical size of the priv database AFTER a defrag is 14GB. I have installed GFI Mailsecurity to quick fix a looping message they have and several external companies have. But due to the f...

Attachment question
When double clicking on an attachment I get a message if I would like open or save the file. I would like to open it but I don’t want to answer this question again. There is an option which says “Always ask before opening this type of file” which I want to turn off but can’t since it is greyed out. I was able to turn this off on WIndows XP but I cannot do this on Windows Vista. Any ideas? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-outlook/201005/1 On Tue, 11 May 2010 03:05:49 GMT, "Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com" <u57604@uwe> w...

Question about Pocket Money 2004 Password Feature
I had Microsoft Money 2003 and used to sync it up with my Toshiba e335 but since got rid of Money 2003 and went to Quicken. I tried Pocket Quicken but I don't like the fact that it does not let you choose which accounts to sync. It lets you hide accounts but I don't think that is secure enough. If I recall correctly when I had Pocket Money 2003, it would let you sync up the accounts you selected and also had a password feature. Although if Pocket Money was not loaded on the Pocket PC and you loaded it into memory, it would ask you for a password. If you exited Pocket Money it would st...

defrag edb file
Hi, Exchange 2K SP3 on W2K SP4. My pub1.edb file is 7 GB and 12,000 fragments. Took it offline,and tried to defrag it - two passes, but it won't defrag. Also tried copying it to another drive and back again, but still has 10,000+ fragments. I know it is not a huge deal, but still is there any other practical way to make it more contiguous? Thanks, Peter On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:04:31 +0700, Peter Kaufman <expat_th-usenet@yahoo.ca> wrote: >Hi, > >Exchange 2K SP3 on W2K SP4. My pub1.edb file is 7 GB and 12,000 >fragments. Took it offline,and tried to defrag it - two pa...

Question about right click in a CTreeControl!
Hello! Having problems about right clicking on an item in a tree control. The item that is clicked on is not the right one. If I have three items in a tree. Here is my problem. I click on the first item with normal click. I click on the third item with the right click mouse. In this event I had a messagebox telling me which item is selected, and this one comes out with the first item no mather what. I also tried to get into the OnSelchangedItemfieldtree function - but with no luck. How can I right click on the third one and get its name out of it? Does anyone know? -- - Lars I guess u...

Project Accounting Question
I created a new project (T&M), changed its status to open from estimated. However, I am not seeing this project in the lookup window for expense entry or purchasing. What could be happening here? Have you entered Cost Categories under the BUDGET button for that project which are of types Employee Expense or Purchases. If the project doesnt have any COst Cats of the type related to the transaction you want to post, it wont show in the list. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13e501c49c86$bc84b160$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I created a new project (T&...

Importing Question!
:confused: I don't know exactly to what forum I should be posting this question so I thought I'd start here with the gurus. Situation: Background: I work in the bankrupcy department of my company. Each week there i an excel document that is updated with new accounts that have gon bankrupt. (I copy this document to another location so it doesn't ge overwritten.) On my copy of the accounts I have a color coding schem to classify each account. However, each week there are more account added and I am currently having to go threw the entire list of account again, color coding ...