priv.edb

can I extract the mails from priv.edb file ?

any tools can do it ?

0
anonymous (74722)

Is that the only file you have?, is it actually running or not?

Take a look at PowerControl from www.ontrack.com

--
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
"daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can I extract the mails from priv.edb file ?
>
> any tools can do it ?

0
Mark
12/29/2003 7:53:54 PM
sorry , I can't find ontrack have software to do it.

have any suggestion ?
0
anonymous (74722)
12/29/2003 8:35:20 PM
http://www.ontrack.com/powercontrols/

--
> sorry , I can't find ontrack have software to do it.
>
> have any suggestion ?

0
Mark

PRIV.EDB & PRIV.STM permissions
I was unable to mount my Private information store and the log showed access denied. I gave everyone full permissions and it mounts just fine. What are the permissions supposed to be and how could they change? Thank you. Hi Andy, Not sure what version of Exchange you are running, but in Exchange 2003 the Mdbdata folder and the mdb stm files contained within that folder require the following permissions: Administrators: Full Authenticated Users: Read & Execute, list folder contents, read Creator Owner: None Server Operators Modify, Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read, W...

Defraging the priv store with Eseutil
We have Exchange 5.5 Our priv database is around 13.5 gig. If you add up all the mailboxes, we have no more than 4 gig total. Not long ago, we took Exchange off line and did a defrag with Eseutil. It took about 4 hours, and it only decreased by maybe 500 meg. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Here's what the nightly online defrag showed from last night: 1am 38 meg free 1:50 4724 meg free 2am 38 meg free 3am 38 meg free 4am 38 meg free 5am 38 meg free I'm just worried about the getting close to the 16 gig limit. It usually hovers around 13.5 - 14 gig. check your e...

priv.edb #4
After clearing user mailboxes the priv.edb does not change in size. The databases only shrink in size when you run an offline defrag using something like ESEUTIL. When you delete data or mailboxes or PFs, the databases will have more whitespace within and will put new data in that whitespace rather than expand the database file size unnecessarily. "m.page (removethis) @hea.gdst.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a4ad01c4659e$71609650$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After clearing user mailboxes the priv.edb does not change > in size. ...

5.5 priv.edb not compacting
hello: I have run eseutil /d and our information store does not compact--if I add up the mailbox sizes it comes to a little over 10GB. the priv.edb is at 15,982,600 after compacting--three times.. i've cleaned out plenty of mailboxes and there shouldnt be 15.9GB of data in there. subsequent defrags do not make it any smaller. can anyone tell me what is going on? i've searched and asked fellow colleagues and no one has experienced this. ? thank you. naseem "pogo" <nas33ms3@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have run eseutil /d and our information store does not compact--if ...

priv.edb
can I extract the mails from priv.edb file ? any tools can do it ? Is that the only file you have?, is it actually running or not? Take a look at PowerControl from www.ontrack.com -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012001c3ce44$65829320$a501280a@phx.gbl... > can I extract the mails from priv.edb file ? > > any tools can do it ? > > sorry , I can't find ontrack have software to do it. have any suggestion ? http://www.ontrack.com/po...

PRIV.EDB decreasing size after moving all mailboxes on off it
How does one get a clean database after one moves all the mailboxes from it? I DON'T want to delete the mailbox store because we have scripts programmed to the name of the store. Right now, I am running eseutil but it doesn't seem to be working. I am going to run isinteg after the eseutil completes. This is on Exchange 2003. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator eseutil in defrag mode is the way to shrink the database... "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:eTT9z2U2EHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > How does one get a clean database after one mo...

Exchange Priv/Pub DB time stamp
Hi, I am running Exchange 55, I have today observed that the exchange private and public database files "priv.edb" and "pub.edb" have a last Accessed and modified time stamp of 28th Feb 2005. The log files have a time stamp of 3rd and 4th of May 2005 which is current date. Does this mean that the log files are not being committed to the database and if the log files are being comitted how can I verify this? Also I have a 4GB private IS and a 400MB Pub IS will I need to do an offline defrag at some point if not when is it recommended by Microsoft to do an offline de...

Information Store
I hope this is the right group. I'm getting error 1067 when I try to start the Information Store on Exchange 5.5, windows 2000 server. I've tried all the solutions, and just want to wipe the priv1.edb and pub1.edb just to get it up and running. All mail is in the users personal pst files which is backed up. The main exchange backup is a bkf file which won't restore unless the information store is running!! Is there a way to just quickly get mail up and running, even if I have to re-create users (there's only 10 of them) thanks in advance for your help. Mike On Tu...

Recovering PRIV store
Hi: I am running Exchange 5.5 on a NT server. My PRIV store has been damaged and I have not been able to repair it. I have an older backup of the disk drive and I tried to copy and install the older copy of the PRIV store but whatever I do, when I restart the Information Store service I get an Error 1011. Any suggestions on how I could recover this backup store. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. Our E- Mail function is totally disable until this is resolved. Thank you J.P. Lacasse I am presuming that this was an "offline" backup? have you done a search of t...

Shrinking Priv.edb
Priv.edb on our server has reached the physical size of the disk, causing the MTA service to halt. I have had the largest mailbox size users remove items, but the size of priv.edb doesnt seem to change. Am I right in assuming I have to run an offline defrag in order for the priv.edb to be shrunk? If this is the case, I cannot perform this as the disk space is too low! Feels like a bit of catch 22 situation, any ideas how I can get round this? Found this myself, just thought I would post it up here incase anyone else has the same issue http://support.microsoft.com/kb/255035 "iain...

Damaged .bkf - Reinstall pub.edb only
Exchange Server 2003; PC hosting it failed, and .bkf damaged or corrupt. What is left (and what I'm interested in) is the pub.edb. Don't care about transtaction logs. Easyiest way to restore the public folders (pub.edb) to a fresh new server? Did you give the fresh new server the same name as the old Exchange server? I believe that's the only way you are going to be able to restore a copy of the pub.edb and allow it to be mounted. When you set up the new server, you would install Exchange using the /disasterrecovery switch, then install the same service pack as the ori...

URGENT! PRIV.EDB is very big!!
Please!! HELP ME PLEASE!! I have a Exchange 5.5 SP4 over NT server 4.0 SP6a. Yesterday, the PRIV.EDB file became a very big file in few minutes, so it "ate" all hard disk. I stopped the services and I did defrag it with ESEUTIL utility, but the file only disminished few MB. Please, what else can I do? PLEASE IT'S URGENT!! The email accounts from my users has limit and they have been working very well during 3 years. My company will be without email service in any time, so... May somebody help me, please? Thank you in advance, Patty A good place to start is use the Exchange Adm...

93Gb Priv DB too big?
We are using Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2, the Private database is 93GB and the Public databse is 23GB. Are these too big for performance reasons? Not that was are seeing any performace problems, we it be better to split the private database? If so how many Private databases can we have? Thanks I'd recommend you definitely split the private. For that size, I'd say split into THREE. Create 2 new storage groups with a single store in each. Then mailbox move groups of users by department into them roughly equally. Allowing for growth this will keep you in decent stead. Once the...

Virus Exchange edb.log quaratined
02-08-04 01:20 PM Ok, here is my dilemma. A week ago, ran out of room on the server II x-drive which had all exchange services on it. Exchanged shut down, du to no disk storage. I tried to run a complete full Backup with Backup Exec. 9 This softwar is on server II and yes, I do have the Exchange Agent running on III But never could get the backup exec to flush all log files. I re-allocated my resources and moved the Priv. and Pub. stuff to th new Z:drive. I moved a large portion of the existing ebdxxx.log files to server I t free up some space. Ok, problem one. - Think I have it solved...

Priv.edb #5
Does anyone know of a way to extract the mailboxes from a priv.edb from Exchange 5.5. without having a running information store? Is this possible? In news:DC96E083-61DD-4A30-B664-A02CBBFCCBE6@microsoft.com, Derek <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Does anyone know of a way to extract the mailboxes from a priv.edb > from Exchange 5.5. without having a running information store? Is > this possible? Third party stuff like Quest's Recovery Manager for Exchange can do this easily. Third party utilities such as Ontrack Powercontrols http://www.ontrack.com/powe...

priv.stm file
Hello all I noticed that my .stm file is named priv1.edb.stm and its suppsoed to be priv1.stm I think when we setup the exchange 2003 box and moved the database file to a different drive we coppied the path for the exchange database .edb file and we pasted this path in when pointing the .stm file so this is why the file is priv1.edb.stm So Can i rename the file to the correct name (priv1.stm) without losing any data? Thanks On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 18:37:00 -0800, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello all > >I noticed that my .stm file is named priv1.edb.stm...

Lost log files for priv.edb
I've lost sever gig of the log files that go with the priv.edb (large amount is due to backup's not working for a while) and can't get them back. How do I backup my database? Oh it's Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1 On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:42:28 -0800, "Tim Beeds" <@at.cho> wrote: >I've lost sever gig of the log files that go with the priv.edb (large amount >is due to backup's not working for a while) and can't get them back. How do >I backup my database? Oh it's Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1 > You must fix ...

Size of priv.edb running amuck!
I have an older 5.5 that, to make a long story short, seems to have a private IS that is expanding at the rate of 2 mb every half hour or so. Last night I took the thing offline to run eseutil an only reclaimed about 200 mb out of a 3.2 GB store (and it hadn't been ran in years) We have anti-virus protection which is fielding all the viruses but this thing is getting out of control and about to top off again! Can someone tell me where I can determine the source of this? Thanks! Alan Check mailbox sizes and see if anyone of them are growing. What is your deleted item retention policy?...

if edb.log was deleted
I am using Exchsrvr5.5sp4 on winnt4 sp6, and norton antivirus enterprise 7.0 also running on the same server. yesterday, edb.log was affected by MyDoom virus and anti- virus program found it and deleted it. As result, the Inforamtion store service stopped and priv database becomed inconsistent. How could I prevent edb.log being affected and removed. Thanks a lot. Don't scan Exchange folders with file level AV. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a repl...

Transaction Logs and priv.edb Size
Hi there, I currently have 1 Exchange 2003 Server with SP1 (mail1) and decided to put a new server in this weekend - Exchange 2003 Server with SP2 (mail2). The plan is to have mail1 and mail2 active for a week or so and then remove mail1. I set up seperate edb and transaction log folders and then did a move mailbox of all the users from mail1 to mail2. So I know have 2 edb and transaction folders, 1 on each server. Emails currently flow from mail2 to mail1 due to a external connector. 1. mail1 priv.ebd file was 80 GB and when the move mailbox process was complete - mail2 priv.ed...

recreating mailbox store with existing .edb
Our exchange services are still running. We can send and receive mail. The problem, however, is that our first storage group/mailbox store no longer exists (due to a nefarious hacker.. long story)... we still have within our exchange server folder priv.edb and all of its attached logs. The question I'd like answered is this: can we simply create a new mailbox store within system manager/server/first storage group and point it to the existing priv.edb? Thanks in advance for any guidance in this situation. Cheers, Joshua As long as the Mailbox Store name is the same as the orginal on...

Priv.edb #3
I'm currently running MS Exchnage 5.5 w/ SP4. 2 days ago my priv.edb started to grow constantly. I've archived most of my users e-mails to .PST files and it's still growing. The priv.edb grows during the online backup process. I'm unable to find any article from microsoft. Does anyone know what's happening Take a look at your mailboxes and see which one(s) are doing the growing? What are your send/recieve limits? >-----Original Message----- >I'm currently running MS Exchnage 5.5 w/ SP4. 2 days ago >my priv.edb started to grow constantly. I've archi...

exchange 5.5 priv.edb attachements
hi, after extracting every mailbox to *.pst. The problem is that all "not *.txt" attachements are lost, although the mails actually contain enough Kb (as if the attachement surely is ther) anyone been there befor PS: the database is corrupted greetings ...

Priv.edb #2
We are using exchange 5.5 on Win NT4. We facing 2 problems. 1. Priv.edb file size keeps increasing. (File size is currently 4.5 GB). Is there any way to reduce the size of Priv.edb?? 2. Log files are being generated frequently with 5MB in MDBData folder. Due to this I get a message "application Log Full" and few exchange services are stopped. I have to delete all log files manualy and start the exchange services (may be twice ina day). Can anybody suggest best possible solution and help me solve the above 2 problems?? Waiting for immediate reply. Thanks & Regards Krish...

Looking for a EDB analysis tool
I am looking for a tool capable of displaying the space not in use inside an EDB file. Have anyone seen a tool like that? Event Viewer? Event ID 1221 shows free space in a store after online defrag. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "Alan747" <Alan747@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15799D9B-9259-495E-923F-F5B3275424C5@microsoft.com... >I am looking for a tool capable of displaying the space not in use inside >an > EDB file. Have anyone seen a tool like that? "Alan7...