Preventing End users in Outlook from Deleting sent folders

I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is there
a way to do so on the server side?
0
Brenda1 (81)

I've never heard of any way to do this...all you could do, if you need to
ensure you have copies of all data, would be to enable journaling...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is
there
> a way to do so on the server side?

0
sconkey (3059)
10/19/2005 3:27:02 PM
Nope.

A user has full control over their *own* mailbox.

If you need to keep sent items, you'd be better off enabling Exchange
Journaling, which will keep a copy of all incoming and outgoing messages for
a mailbox store.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to be able to prevent users from deleting their sent emails. Is
>there
> a way to do so on the server side?

0
Ben

unexpected deletion of e-mails
Dear All during last week, I have some reports from my users that their inbox have been empty suddenly and unexpected. I could not find any virus on their systems or any Error in my server. I have an exchange server 2003 and my clients use Microsoft Outlook XP or Microsoft Outlook 2000. I appreciate any guide. Regards M.Hasanabadi On 3 Jul 2006 00:51:43 -0700, hasanabadi@gmail.com wrote: >Dear All >during last week, I have some reports from my users that their inbox >have been empty suddenly and unexpected. I could not find any virus on >their systems or any Error in my server. ...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in Exchange 2003?
How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in Exchange 2003? -- Danny From ADUC you can go to the Exchange tabs and control who is allowed to send to a mailbox. Setting it to "authenticated users" should accomplish what you want. There are probably other ways as well. -GT "Danny Hoon" <danny.hoon@phoonhuat.com> wrote in message news:eE8aMDKIFHA.2784@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in > Exchange 2003? > > > -- > Danny > Thanks but doesn't ...

How to delete a LINK
Hello! We have a user with about 10 links on the spreadsheet. When running the AUTOMATIC update, Excel crashes and closes down. We go back to the file again, run the LINKS individaully and one of the LINKS is causing the problem. How can we delete/remove this link and add the new link from the good spreadsheet. Thank you! You might see if this FindLink utility helps find where the link is. http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Jim "TG" <TG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:506DD490-81AF-42BD-826C-0B4BE75338DF@microsoft.com... |...

Outlook quietly sending 'not read receipts'
Several weeks ago I switched to 2003 from the earlier version. And then two days ago Outlook began sending masses of 'not read: (email subject line)' emails to many of my contacts including myself as I sometimes put myself in cc. The problem is that they HAD been all read! I do not usually open my incoming mail but use the preview pane. But usually this should suffice, shouldn't it?Also, I use Hotmail as my primary and single email account. I know that several of my contacts do not use read receipts but still they are being sent them! The 'not read' email contains no text, ...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

Adding Menu Options on Right Mouse Button in Outlook 2003?
I am using outlook 2003 and I want to put some additional menus on right mouse context menu of Unread Mail Folder, is it possible ? Best Regards, Luqman Outlook does not directly expose the right-click context menu in its CommandBars collection. You will, however, see a new right-click command is when the item selected is using a custom form that includes one or more custom actions. You can also add a custom action without using a custom form, as demonstrated at http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=526 Richard Kagerer has posted a code sample at http://www.outlookcode.com/...

Uninstall client for outlook
Hi Guys, I am having trouble installing Desktop client for outlook for CRM 3.0. When I try to install, I get an error saying somthing like the version is not compatible or the client already exists. When I checked, I found that C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client folder already exists and has some files in it. There is also MSDE database for CRM on the machine. I want to completely uninstall this client. But I do not see the entries for CRM client and MSDE database under Add/Remove programs. Can anyone tell me how to manually uninstall CRM client as well the MSDE database? You help is gr...

Problems moving outlook.pst from one computer to another
Folks, [Please include victor@whyaduck.org in your reply, as my direct access to these newsgroups is limited.] In an attempt to transfer all of my Outlook content from one computer to another, I moved the entire outlook.pst file from one computer to the other, renaming the old outlook.pst on the receiving computer to old-outlook.pst, and storing the new outlook.pst in the same place. Both computers are running Windows XP and Outlook 2002. For the most part this process worked! I have all of my mail folders, settings, etc. on the receiving computer, and I have been able to send and receive...

same user@ 2 domains
Hi, I have read and tried the article "Hosting Multiple SMTP Domains on Exchange" from http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html. When I sent an email to 2nd domain, the exchange server response with an error message saying no such user. Detail info: I installed the active directory's domain 12345.com and email for everyone@12345.com works fine. However, my boss bought a domain name 123.com. I am asked to make both everyone@123.com and everyone@12345.com work. It means everyone has two email address pointing to the same mail box. Please help. Thanks Sincere...

Customize Outlook Today #40
When clicking the "Customize Outlook Today" button nothing happens.. Any suggestions? KG <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When clicking the "Customize Outlook Today" button > nothing happens.. Any suggestions? Yes, Google for one of the 100,000 prior answers to this question that have already been posted. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2000 error upon Exit
HI I am stumped where this error is coming from and how to fix it. I tried searching google but I was not successful finding a resolution. Anyone ever seen this error before ? (See attachment) "Dave Warren" <profpsycho@me2u2me.com> wrote in message news:u6j1o1diaaq45r8m0f2j512ssnbf7oiuvg@4ax.com... > HI > > I am stumped where this error is coming from and how to fix it. I > tried searching google but I was not successful finding a resolution. > > Anyone ever seen this error before ? > > (See attachment) Try a detect and repair (from the help me...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Authentication problems in Outlook
We several users here who use Outlook (2000 SP3, I think most of them are) to check mail on a local Sendmail server with one domain name, and on a remote Exchange server using another domain name (SMTP authentication turned on). Some people have no problems at all. Other people have intermittent problems (mostly "can't connect to <remote mail server>"). The admin of the Exchange server did notice that all the authentications seem to be taking place with the user's sendmail server info, failing, then using the user's Exchange server info successfully. I'm won...

SMTP Error On Exchange 2003 with One Users
Hi, Our Clients have SBS2003, and from one client when externel emails are sent this error message is displayed : There was a SMTP communication problem with the > recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. > <xxxxx.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 <pshah@xxxx.com>... Not > permitted> I have checked all the permissions, and he has them, even gave him Administrator Rights, still no joy, internal emails are ok. Can anyone point me in the righr direction Pls Jay ...

Which newsgroup for Outlook Express?
I can't see to find an English newsgroup for OE on my ISP's list. Can you tell me the main one please or answer this question here thanks... If I copy and paste text into a new newsgroup posting or a reply to an existing one the test is inserted as RTF (or possibly HTML). This is regardless of what I set under "Tools -> Options -> Send -> News Sending Format. To get it all in plain text I have to change the format to RTF then back again to plain text - which is a pain. Is there a way to "compose" have it always paste text in as plain text regardless of the so...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

outlook 2003 #334
i am having trouble setting up two users to share one computer for their outlook emails. i get the first one set up fine but when the user logs off the computer and the new user logs on the second user cannot access his emails he gets the following error: Unable to display the folder. could not access the specified folder location. The computer is using windows 98. the windows XP machines do not have this problem. sanchezmp@sbcglobal.net <sanchezmp@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > i am having trouble setting up two users to share one computer for > their outlook emails. i get the fir...

Downgrade from Outlook 2003 to Outlook XP
Hi, I have tested Outlook 2003 and could use my Outlook XP pst files. Now I have to downgrade back to Outlook XP and want to know if there is any know issue about the backward compatibilty of the pst files. Regards, Eric If you created a new PST file in Outlook 2003 it will be in UNICODE format and not compatible with Outlook 2002. You would need to create an "Outlook 97-2000" PST file in Outlook 2003 and copy your data into it for reuse with Outlook 2002. If you simply used your old PST file in Outlook 2003, it would not have been converted. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] ...

Prevent Forwarding #2
Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to someone else. Thanks!! Shannon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to > be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an > email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to > someone else. Can't be done, in general. -- Brian Tillman You'd need to use a service such as those listed at http://www.slipst...

Synching deleted records
Is there any support in 1.2 or planned for a future release for being able to determine which records have been deleted since a prior date? Currently, it seems that the Deletion Service permanently removes any records from the database that have been flagged for deletion. Is there a way to hook into this service to log deleted records? I know that Sales For Outlook doesn't support synching deleted contacts or email, so I'm not very hopeful, but I wanted to ask before going down the longer road. I'm interested in most types of CRM records. Thanks, Mark You can tap into the del...

User Name Change
Thanks in Advance, I have a user who has changed her last name. I have changed all references to her last name except one email proxy which is not primary. She can log on as her new name, but all emails still reference her old last name that she send. This is even with replies to emails sent to her using her new name. I noticed that the mailbox name in Exchange System Manager still shows the old name, as well as her log ons. I went into ldp and did not find anything helpful. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Mark Simmerman Napa, CA So the non-primary e-mail address...

CRM 3.0 Outlook client can't go back online (You do not have enoug
Hello, My external users, with their offline Outlook client can't go back online. There is an error saying "Your do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform..." The errror is happening on one contact and I don't want to loose their offline datas... Is this happening because we are having images in our Outlook signatures? Is anyone knowing why it's happening? Please help! Thanks! ...

How to change user name and password in ODBC connection
My data is in sql2k server and my users access information or running report thru Microsoft Access 2003. Whenever they run the report, it gives them error. So they have to uncheck the trusted connection and enter sql username and password to get to the data. I do I configure and where should I change so user dont have you do this. It is irritation. I have one user name and password which is set for readonly in sql. I dont see any place that I can save this username and password. I would really appreciate if you kindly help me. Thanks ...