Prevent users forwarding to external address

Anyone have any ideas how we can prevent users from setting up a rule to
forward messages to an external address (like their home ISP)?

We forbid this but need a way to enforce it.

0
mark6249 (1)

In Exchange System Manager, go to the Internet Message Formats object found
in the Global Settings node.  Here you will find an option to disallow
automatic forwards to the Internet.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Colin M. Smith" <mark@netrends.com> wrote in message
> Anyone have any ideas how we can prevent users from setting up a rule to
> forward messages to an external address (like their home ISP)?
>
> We forbid this but need a way to enforce it.

0
neil.hobson (1158)
8/2/2005 7:47:28 AM
Windows Rights Management Services could help for messages originating
within the company at least.

Colin M. Smith wrote:
> Anyone have any ideas how we can prevent users from setting up a rule to
> forward messages to an external address (like their home ISP)?
>
> We forbid this but need a way to enforce it.

Delivery status notification not sent to external users
When external users send messages with the "Request Delivery Receipt.." option, the message is delivered successfully, but a DSN success message is not sent back to the sender. Delivery receipts are generated correctly on messages sent between internal users. External users do recieve NDR's for mail that is mis-addressed and also receive read receipts correctly. Under Global Settings, Internet Message Formats, Default format (that is the only format), Advanced tab, I've selected the Allow Delivery Reports option. I've tried toggling the settings on this tab in b...

Email address validation
It seems that in CRM 3.0 I am forced to enter a proper email address in any email address field. This imposed by the application. We have situations where emails bounce or contacts do not actually have an email address. Our technical support folks are under business rules to secure an email address when they are servicing a contact. Therefore, any case worked in a given month is checked to see if the email address was obtained. In cases where mails bounce or there is no email address, their convention is to enter "bounce" or "no email" in the email address field. In...

Extra lines inserting in replies/forwards
Hi When I reply or forward Outlook messages, I'm getting about 20 lines (blank) put in between the replied/forwarded message "Subject" line and the text. Can anyone help me to stop this? Thanks. David "DG" <dgee@papercontracts.co.uk> wrote in message news:OGJgUTPoFHA.3552@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi > When I reply or forward Outlook messages, I'm getting about 20 lines > (blank) put in between the replied/forwarded message "Subject" line and > the text. Can anyone help me to stop this? Thanks. David > Is it set to reply...

Just Released: Offline Address Book Best Practices Guide
Hello, The Exchange team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the Offline Address Book Best Practices Guide. The guide provides you with best practices for deploying, managing, and troubleshooting offline address books with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. To read the guide online or to download it, visit the Exchange Server Downloads page at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=39011. Alison Hirsch Microsoft This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly to this a...

old email addresses replaced by new will not allow owa access
Hello all, We have changed our email format from first initial last@XXX.com with firstname.lastname@XXX.com I went to remove the old email address for my account. once I did that I was not able to access OWA. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance. How do you log on to OWA? -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Rollin West" <Rollin West@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF891802-5928-4E91-9F64-1AC93EB6E45A@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > We have changed our ema...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

Path to user's desktop
I want to have an app default to saving its data files to the desktop if the user doesn't specify otherwise, or specifies a non-writable location. Is there a function or recommended registry entry that provides the path to the user's desktop? I found what looks like a what I want in the registry, fully spelled out in a REG_SZ: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders. The "Desktop" value contains "C:\Documents and Settings\myusername\Desktop", which is my current desktop folder. It also is available as a REG_EXPAN...

Add new user in CRM 3.0
On a new system, using the web interface to add a new user, ust after putting in domain\username I get the message "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system admnistrator" - no info from AD is displayed. Using the Deployment Manager, I never manage to get any domains or users listed. This leaves me unable to add users at all.. Single Domain: Win2003 with AD. SQL 2005 Svr SP1 Any help would be appreciated.. You might go to the web.config file in the CRM root folder and set remote errors to Off so you can get an informative error message. -- Matt Wittema...

Choose which email address to send from (2003 in Exchange Mode)
I am running Exchange 2003 which is handling multiple domains. So my clients are running Outlook 2003 and a few users have an email address from more than one domain that they recieve from. Besides changing the primary smtp address in AD U&C is there a way to select in outlook which email address or domain to send from? In the mail message window, have the user select the account from the Accounts dropdown. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. ...

Saving Emails and Address Book when changing OS
I am about to upgrade my OS from Windows 98 to Windows 2000 Pro. I am going to reformat my HD when I do it. How do I save my emails and adress contacts so I can reload them after I reload Outlook? The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:048601c3bc2f$0a7a2e10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I ...

Assign email from queue to group of users using workflow
Here is what I am trying to do: 1. Email comes into queue (customer service) 2. Workflow assigns email to personal queue of a representative based on either round-robin or whoever has least in their personal queue. I cant seem to figure out either and was looking for a bit of a nudge in the right direction. ...

Another user can't email us -- can't tell if it's b/c his system or ours...
Can anyone help me to decipher this NDR? This certain user from another company has been trying to email three people here a very small word document (it's three attachments -- each one about 56kb big). I don't have any email quotas for sending and receiving on any of my users. And, I was successfully able to email person1, person2, and person3 a very large (6MB) attachment from my gmail.com account. So.... can anyone tell where the issue lies? Thanks, Blake -----Original Message----- From: ABillig@fdfsfd.com] [mailto:ABillig@fdfsfd.com] Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 ...

To: box does not complete entry from address book
I have just switched one of my e-mail accounts from OE to Outlook. When I try to create a new message in Outlook, I start typing the name, but autocomplete does not finish the entry. I have checked in Tools to make sure autocomplete is turned on. The only way I can send a new message is to select the name from the address book. In OE, all I had to do was to start typing the name in the To: box. I must be missing something that is probably fairly obvious. To make the switch, I copied my OE contacts into the Outlook Contacts folder. Thanks for any help. Help with what? You are describing...

Restored GP 8.0 from server crash, users can't log in and SA oddit
The server that hosts GP 8.0 crashed, we had a backup and restored it. Upon boot SQL 2000 was giving us issues, we had to reinstall it to get it running again. The GP 8.0 DB's were reattached. I can see the users in their respective DB's from Enterprise Manager but when I attempt to log in as said users, it gives the dreaded: "Your SQL Server login record is not a valid user record in Great Plains. Enter a different login, or contact your Great Plains system administrator." Right now the only account that lets me on is the SA but even so, whenever I attempt to do ...

How do I convert email addresses to clickable links? #2
I have imported a column of email address. How do I make them clickable links to email. -- Rick Wetzel Rick, Highlight the range you wish to add email addresses to, then, switch to your VBE environment by pressing Alt-F11 and go to Immediate Pane by pressing Control-G and enter the following command for each rng in selection:rng.hyperlinks.add rng,"mailto:" & rng:next http://HelpExcel "Rick Wetzel" wrote: > I have imported a column of email address. How do I make them clickable > links to email. > -- > Rick Wetzel ...

Forwarding #7
When I receive an e-mail with Pictures in the body of the message and attempt to 'forward' to another e-mail address...............the recipient only get's red (X's) where the pictures are in my copy. any resolutions out there.????????? thanks jmac It is not indicated what type of software they are using but if it is Outlook then I would check the security settings. On Outlook 2003 it is under Tools - Options - Security - click on the option about downloading pictures. Regards -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group "Jerry McDonald&qu...

Importing Address Book #3
Happy New Year to all you hard working people down there. I've tried to import my Outlook Express Address book into Outlook 2000. No matter what form I try to import with it fails. Can this be done? If so, How. File > Import and Export > Internet Mail and Addresses -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Rudy de Vries" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:007801c3d0a4$43fd8d10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Happy New Year to all you hard working people down there. > > I've tried to import my Outlook Express Address book into > Outlook 20...

user quota is exceeded
I can't get my email on outlook 2002 it says user quota is exceeded.. any help would be nice "rahman abdul" <rahmany@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:098f01c366d6$f305e470$a301280a@phx.gbl > I can't get my email on outlook 2002 it says user quota > is exceeded.. > any help would be nice That means you are using Exchange as your mail server (be sure to mention such important details). You are allocated a fixed amount of disk space for your mailbox. You've been saving way too much in your mailbox. Delete the garbage and start using AutoArchive to move s...

Users external email addresses
On an Exchange 2003, I have a couple of users that have other SMTP addresses that were added manually. Usually you get your rules from 2003 RUS, but there is some users that have 2 or 3 email addresses assigned to their user account because they were added manually. How can I go about running some type of find to see what are the different email addresses that other users are publishing. I do not want to go one by one and go to email address tab on the user account and search for these type of users. Thanks in advance. On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:57:01 -0800, Vic <Vic@discussions.microsof...

Getting default Outlook email address
I'm writing a .NET app which will run on a local workstation where Outlook 2003 is installed. I simply want to get the default email address of the current user. I've figured out how to get a MAPI- style address (OU=etc) but all I want is the plain-jane address (me@here.com). Here's how I get the MAPI address: Dim oApp As New Outlook.Application Dim oNS As Outlook.NameSpace = oApp.GetNamespace("MAPI") Dim oRec As Outlook.Recipient = oNS.CurrentUser Dim sMapiAddressHere As String = oRec.Address Any help is greatly appreciated. To get the SMTP address from an Excha...

how do you do you prevent outlook from sending copies
In Outlook '03, how do you do you prevent outlook from sending copies of the same email to individuals that appear on multiple distribution lists? Rules seem to hold a promising key, but the books i've consulted - Cardoza's "Using Microsoft office 2003" and Outlook for Dummies don't seem to indicate any solutions to this problem. Any feedback would be helpful, thanks! Crisra13 <cris.ramon@gmail.com> wrote: > In Outlook '03, how do you do you prevent outlook from sending copies > of the same email to individuals that appear on multiple distribution...

Urgent: Exchange 2003 user missing emails...
Hi there. SBS, Exchange 2003. One user seems to be missing items from his inbox from a certain date period. He logs into multiple computers, I have checked the usual things such as local PST's, Archive Folders, Views and Recover Deleted Items to no avail. There is a backup on the server, is this the best way to go about recovering the items? http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid43_gci969555,00.html Anything else I can try? Anyone know where these messages could have gone? Thanks for your time. Colin. You could use a Recovery Storage Group and Exmerge to g...

sort addresses
I have Windows XP Professional and Office 2000 on the main computer. I have two computers linked via a hub. The main computer is incapable of sorting the email addresses in Outlook. However the 2nd computer is sorting the addresses fine. 2nd computer uses Windows 98 and Office 2000. How can I get the main computer to sort email addresses? I also cannot find the "auto response" on the main computer when in Outlook so that I could send a vacation response when traveling. Nancy Sorting email addresses where and in which mail support mode of Outlook 2000? If you don'...

disable/remove smtp address for distribution lists
looking for the best-practice to disable/remove the primary smtp address for distribution-lists when using Exchange 2003 in an active-dir domain that uses our actual assigned domain-name (i.e. 'distribution_list@companyabc.com')...the last thing i need is for someone on the outside to get hold of 'allemployees@companyabc.com' thx in advance, ~~Robb There is a checkbox on the properties for the mail-enabled group in AD, on the Exchange General tab, check "From authenticated users only" and that will stop people from the outside from sending mail to it unless they pr...

inbox message is eliminated when hitting reply, reply to all or forward
thanks to two people who gave me hints on what to do. The inbox message is eliminated if I reply, reply to all or forward. It is eliminated as soon as I hit send. It does not appear in the deleted messages. This only happens if I try to forward or reply. Any other inbox messages that I just read are still there. Bug in outlook? Do you have any filters set on your Inbox that might be hiding some of the messages? Go to View | Current View | Customize Current View and look at the text next to the Filter button... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail add...