Preserving the "TO" field for outlook

You can preserve the "FROM" how do I preserve ( show mailbox name and
internet mailbox it came from) on the "TO" field. I need to know what mailbox
they are sending it to..
0
ibarr (2)

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what it is you are trying to solve.

Can you explain it with an example perhaps?

"ibarr" <ibarr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You can preserve the "FROM" how do I preserve ( show mailbox name and
> internet mailbox it came from) on the "TO" field. I need to know what
> mailbox
> they are sending it to..

0
awebb7472 (650)
3/3/2006 7:48:13 AM
This needs more explaining Ibarr

"andy webb" wrote:

> Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what it is you are trying to solve.
>
> Can you explain it with an example perhaps?
>
> "ibarr" <ibarr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > You can preserve the "FROM" how do I preserve ( show mailbox name and
> > internet mailbox it came from) on the "TO" field. I need to know what
> > mailbox
> > they are sending it to..

0
SW (184)
3/3/2006 8:11:30 AM
exchange lets you preserve the from field in outlook so you can see the
generic name and the email address eg;  smith <johnsmith@web.com>. I need to
see the same for the TO field eg; me <me@mailbox1.com>

"ibarr" wrote:

> You can preserve the "FROM" how do I preserve ( show mailbox name and
> internet mailbox it came from) on the "TO" field. I need to know what mailbox
> they are sending it to..
0
ibarr (2)
3/4/2006 1:29:30 AM
The value is stored on the message, but I don't think it's available to the
folder view by default without adding some code.

If you open the recipient table attached to the message with OutlookSpy, the
PR_OrgEmailAddr property contains the SMTP address that the message was sent
to.

Getting that presented is going to require code I think, or some diligent
googling to see if anyone has written it.  There are some solutions at
http://victori.hypermart.net/ that might work.

> exchange lets you preserve the from field in outlook so you can see the
> generic name and the email address eg;  smith <johnsmith@web.com>. I need
> see the same for the TO field eg; me <me@mailbox1.com>
>
> "ibarr" wrote:
>
>> You can preserve the "FROM" how do I preserve ( show mailbox name and
>> internet mailbox it came from) on the "TO" field. I need to know what
>> mailbox
>> they are sending it to..

0
awebb7472 (650)

How do I configure Outlook to microsoft Exchange server.
Everytime I try to open my Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 a small box appears saying " Configuring Outlook Accounts". Then a small window appears saying " Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable". How can I fix this? I have Windows Pro XP on my computer. I need a simple answer if possible. I am not a computer wiz :) Use the mail applet in the control panel to remove the exchange account, then configure the correct type, pop mail? "Zoe" <Zoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9D633AF-C17C-40BA-B718-8807EEACCA0B@microsoft.com......

How do I upgrade from outlook express to outlook in windows xp?
I have windows xp which comes with outlook express, but I would rather have outlook? I did this on my other computer a while ago, but I got a new computer and don't remember how I did it. Please help!!! Nibal wrote: > I have windows xp which comes with outlook express, but I > would rather have outlook? I did this on my other > computer a while ago, but I got a new computer and don't > remember how I did it. Please help!!! You don't remember how you did it...?! Now this is a long shot but, maybe, just maybe, you *bought and installed it*? Crazy notion, I know.....

VBA/Modifier field that will allow you to enter a path to a file
I need to create a new field in GP that will hold the file path to the file. I need to be able to use the browse button to find this path. How can I add this field in either VBA or modifier? thanks Amy Amy, this isn't as easy as you might expect. You don't say whether or not this is a vba form or a GP form. Assuming GP form: 1. use modifier to add a button to the window 2. use modifier to add a field to the window 3. write vba code to call the common dialog to open the lookup window for you (or write your own i guess but why bother?) 4. return the select value back to the st...

Problem automating outlook
Hi I am using the following code to automate outlook from within MS Access; Dim O As Object O = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") The problem is that I am getting the following error on the second line; Automation error The specified module can not be found What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Dim O As Object Set O = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Regards Mark Dormer "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:eFs9QqIUGHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am using the following code to...

Importing an excel.csv file into outlook
I've just set up Outlook to send/receive my yahoo emails. I'm trying to import the contacts and addresses from my yahoo address book. When exporting from yahoo, my address book was saved as an excel file with comma separated values. in order to import it into outlook, i've been getting messages saying the relevant program is not there and i would have to install it or download it. It said something about frontpage, but i'm not sure what i need to do...HELP! ...

My Outlook hangs for a minute + each time I try to open an email
Outlook 2003 hangs each time I move to another email or inbox or try to open an email; I ahev tried all the cleaups and registry cleans etc and my system is runing XP Pro fast with no probs. This has only started a short while ago; anyone know why it would happen? ...

Is it possible to set Outlook to receive when no longer minimized/hidden?
I use MailWasher to filter the spam from several accounts. (It works really well, by the way...) When I am ready, I use Mailwasher's "Process Mail" button. This deletes the spam from the email servers, and opens Outlook for me or, more commonly, un-minimizes (or unhides) Outlook. In Outlook, I have to manually press the send/receive button to download the email messages from my servers. Is there any way to have Outlook automatically send/receive when it is un- hidden? I know it's possible to have Outlook automatically send/receive when it first starts up, but I don...

XP to Windows 7 Outlook 2003 to 2007 contacts no longer address b.
Used Belkin Easy Transfer/Windows Easy Transfer process to copy files from Windows XP (2 years old) computer to new Windows 7 computer. Went from Office Pro 2003 to Office Basic 2007. Everything seems ok -- Outlook has all of my old emails, my sent emails, etc. Contact list looks good. Calendar is fine. But when I try to send an email, there's no address book and I can't seem to find the proper place to reconnect the contact list as the address book. All of the previous questions like this are from 2006-2008, going from XP to Vista and the Microsoft files I've...

Outlook Toolbars #4
I am using Outlook 2003 and I can't keep the toolbars in the locations I put them. I move the icons for each view of Outlook to where I would like them but the next time I open up Outlook the toolbars are back to where they were before I moved them. Is there any way to get them to stay put? -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 and I can't keep the toolbars in the > locations I put them. I move the icons for each view of Outlook to > where I would like them but the next time I open up Out...

Outlook with Analog X proxy Server and Norton Antivirus
I am using Analog X Proxy Server to connect to the internet but when I try to pull in emails using Outlook or Outlook Express with Norton Antivirus protection running it gives me an error. Is there a setup issue or something else I need to do. ...

Need help with excel referencing to outlook
I have an excel spreadsheet in which i'm using as an invoice template. One of the fields of input is a schedule date with time and date. I am also using Outlook's calender as my appointment tracker. What I'm trying to do is write in a formula or a small macro that would let me type in the time and date on the invoice in excel and then have it cross reference with my calender and if there is a problem with that i want some kind of notification, either thru the program or user defined. any suggestions? ...

Is There An Easy Way To Import a WAB (Windows Address Book) From OE to Outlook 2000 or 2003?
Situation: User wants to move form OE 6.xxx to Outlook 2003. We used File -> Import in Outllok 2003 to import the e-mail folders and contents (no problem) and the Mail Accounts. The problem is that he created Folders in the Address Book in OE and would liek those folders to be in the Outlook Contacts. OE is using a WAB and Outlook isn't. Is there any way to copy the addresses with the "Folder" to Outlook. Both OE and Outlook 2003 are ont eh same computer. He has a laptop with Outlook 2000, so if that is better to create the addresses (and then copy them back to Outlook 2003 o...

need to extract the subject field from email folders
I need to extract (copy) the subject field from email folders and the name field from directories or file folders. I need to use this information so that I can write about the files in a readme file, etc. I know how to do this in Unix shell scripts but I do not know how to do it on Microsoft products. I know how to do a screen capture of the info but then I can't manipulate the information without OCR software etc. That's a waste of time. TIA, Gloria .. ...

Anyone found a way to remove Outlook CRM client after a corrupted or deleted user profile?
Just curious if anyone has discovered a way to remove the Sales for Outlook after having either a corrupted or deleted user profile? So far I have had this twice and have had to re-image each computer in order to be able to re-install the client for a new user. Thanks. Carl Fisher The main thing you need to do is remove the MSCRM key from the registry (local mahchine\software\microsoft\mscrm). Then, you actually need to install and then uninstall. This will give you the cleanest removal. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mo...

Can not insert some PDF files into Outlook 2003
Acrobat 6.0 PRO, Windows XP, Office 2003 I get this error message: Can't create file: XXXXXX.PDF. Right click the folder you want to create the file in and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. We are trying to insert some PDF files into an E-Mail message, using Outlook 2003. The file(s) reside on a network drive (have even tried copying the file ot the local HD and testing). Only 3 particular files give this error message, while other PDF, Excel, or Word files insert with no problems. These are not links, but the actual files. And...

How to get daily remainder in Outlook 2003.
I want to get automatically daily Remainder in Outlook 2003. May I know how to do Procedure. Plz help me out as soon as possible. Regards, Gopal. Create a reminder with a reccurrence. Set the reccurrence to daily. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Gopal" wrote: > I want to get automatically daily Remainder in Outlook 2003. > May I know how to do Procedure. > Plz help me out as soon as possible. > > Regards, > Gopal. You can create a recurring appointment with a reminder or a recurr...

Sales for outlook
I suppose there is no way to show relation ships of family members? Antony Antony, Currently, MS CRM does not track so-called "network" relationships. There are a few ISV products that will allow this, and it sounds like this will be something that you could add in v2.0 using the expanded customization capablities. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 07:25:55 -0700, "Antony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I suppose there is no way to show relation ships of family members...

I want to set Outlook to automatically send read receipts to a fol
I want Read Receipts to drop automatically into a Read Receipt folder. I see where you can send emails from particular persons to a folder, but not any Read Receipt from anyone. Normally receipts process on the sent item and are moved or deleted. See tools, options, email options, tracking. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:...

Change of address auto-reply rule is not working in Outlook 2003
Hello, I've been trying to set up an auto-reply rule in Outlook 2003 home (that is, using my POP account with my ISP). I am in the process of changing my ISP, and want to send an auto-reply message to all entries in my Outlook contacts folder. I specified the following conditions in the rule: - sender is in Contacts address book, and on this machine only - reply using C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\New address.oft The template contains a simple update email text message, the recipient and subject fields are empty. I treid testing the ru...

Outlook 2003 Unable to open News reader
I had been using this programs newsreader in the past. I have the news menu on my main tool bar between View and GO. When I right click on news it opens a folder called 1033. With a bunch of dll files in it. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I've already run through repairing MS office 2003 and also scanned for viruses. OL2K3 Newsreader? I think you mean Outlook express right? -- John C. Harris, MPA JCZ Consulting Services, LLC .. JARAD KNIGHT <JARAD KNIGHT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I had been using this programs newsreader in the past. I have the ...

Outlook Today Calendar Help
Greetings Folks I am in search of some help displaying a group calendar on Outlook Today. I've got a group calendar folder right under the default Calendar. Also I am able to change the OUTLWVW.DLL file from <OBJECT ID="CalList" CLASSID="CLSID:0468C085-CA5B-11D0-AF08-00609797F0E0"> <PARAM NAME="Module" VALUE="Calendar"> </OBJECT> to <OBJECT ID="CalList" CLASSID="CLSID:0468C085-CA5B-11D0-AF08-00609797F0E0"> <PARAM NAME="Module" VALUE="Calendar\Group Calendar"> </OBJECT> ...

HOw do i minimize outlook to systray?
HOw do i minimize outlook to systray? If you're using Outlook 2003 there is an option in the Notification Area icon if you right click on it that says "Hide when minimized". "dowser" wrote: > HOw do i minimize outlook to systray? ...

Windows Live to Outlook
Can you tell me how I can transfer all my emails from Windows Live account to Outlook? (I think it is Outlook 2007 I have). I don’t want to lose all my emails and contacts etc. Thanks! You'll need to use the outlook connector. http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?FamilyID=9a2279b1-df0a-46e1-aa93-7d4870871ecf&displaylang=en -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messagi...

Queuing process vs. Custom field formula
Hi, My new install of Project Server 2007 SP2 + august CU worked fine until I created a local custom field with a formula in a project. Since this new custom field, all the Queuing processes are "Waiting for process": I'm unable to save a project, unable to publish a project, unable to make an AD sync with resources... I tried the same operation on another Project Server 2007 (completely independent from the first one): the same issue appeared!!! How can we correct this wrong behavior? Thanks for your help Robert, You need to find the job that is...

Outlook Express to Outlook #10
I am trying desperately to transfer my old Outlook express 6 files to a new computer with outlook express 6. No success with professional advice given to me. Is it possible to transfer the files, or am I better going to Outlook. Please help. good advice on this topic seems hard to find. Thanks You could try asking in an OE ng as this is an OL ng. They are entirely different apps, Maybe look here http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:663314C6-A981-490F-B5B8-1A7E887DACCD@microsoft.com... > I am trying desperatel...